Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5/5 Duncan for president!

1 33.33%
  • 4/5 What goes around comes around!

1 33.33%
  • 3/5 Eh, it was solid.

1 33.33%
  • 2/5 Could have been better, but it was fine.

0 0%
  • 1/5 Duncan you lose! This episode sucked!

0 0%

Thread: R&R Duncanville Season 1 Finale "Classless President"

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

R&R Duncanville Season 1 Finale "Classless President"

Duncan runs against Mia for class president.

Since no one really seems to care, future seasons I will not post R&R's but rather continue on the show's discussion page.
    Winter of our Monetized Content 7.5/10 - Go Big or Go Homer 5/10 - The Fat Blue Line 8/10 - Treehouse of Horror XXX (30) 7/10 - Gorillas on the Mast 7/10 - Marge the Lumberjill 4.5/10 - Livin' La Pura Vida 9/10 - Thanksgiving of Horror 9/10 - Todd, Todd, Why Hast Thou Forsaken Me? 6.5/10 - Bobby, It's Cold Outside 8/10 - Hail to the Teeth 7.5/10 - The Miseducation of Lisa Simpson 7/10 - Frinkcoin 8/10 - Bart the Bad Guy 9/10 - Screenless 8/10 - Better off Ned 6/10 - Highway to Well 8/10 - The Incredible Lightness of Being a Baby 7.5/10 - Warrin' Priests 8/10 - Warrin' Priests Part 2 7/10 - The Hateful Eight-Year Olds 8.5/10 - Way of the Dog 9.5/10

Pin Pal

This wasn't bad. I enjoyed both plots and how they both come together at the end. The little sister is pretty smart and is this series' Louise Belcher. The dancing bears is something that would come from Family Guy but I'm glad they didn't talk and I loved that dance. (Wish I could that.) I'm glad that Mia won because Duncan was a terrible president and his ideas were way too out there. His mom and dad getting revenge on his other sister was funny. Now come to think of it, I enjoy the other more than the lead. Still an enjoyable season finale.

3. Thumbs Up To This Post by: orangemo

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sideshow ken View Post
    This wasn't bad. I enjoyed both plots and how they both come together at the end. The little sister is pretty smart and is this series' Louise Belcher. The dancing bears is something that would come from Family Guy but I'm glad they didn't talk and I loved that dance. (Wish I could that.) I'm glad that Mia won because Duncan was a terrible president and his ideas were way too out there. His mom and dad getting revenge on his other sister was funny. Now come to think of it, I enjoy the other more than the lead. Still an enjoyable season finale.
    Jing is great I love her! Annie is also a solid character too. Duncan and his friends I still don't care for and this show is a little too generic to actually stand out. It's why I prefer Bless the Harts because at least it redoes the formula a bit with unmarried couples (yes that's reality) and unique characters. Harts' finale was much better than this show and I leave off saying Duncanville is solid for what it is but it needs to identify itself quickly. Episodes like this feel too much like Family Guy with that stupid penguin joke and the cutaway gag with the teachers locked in the basement which was irrelevant to the plot until the end, which actually is justified since John Viener is a writer, voice actor, and producer on both Duncanville and Family Guy. This show tries to either be Simpsons, Family Guy, or Bob's Burgers, but doesn't really have a sense of its own identity apart from Jing and Annie. Season 2 needs to either take lessons from Bob's Burgers and Bless the Harts on heart-to-heart moments or ditch them completely. Only Red Head Redemption did the heart-to-heart moment pretty good, while Witch Day's heart-to-heart was awful and the Pilot's was alright.

Overall this episode was solid. Not the best but not the worst. I think Red Head Redemption is still my favorite episode. It's clear Duncan, Mr. Mitch and Duncan's friends are bland one-note characters (maybe Wolf is decent but the rest need more fleshing out to do), but Jing and Annie here are the highlights. It's definitely solid on the comedy standpoint, but the character dynamics are something this show needs to work on before people (hopefully) realize that Bless the Harts is clearly the better show, it's not even a contest. I'm just disappointed in this show because overall, ZERO episodes stand out to me! ZERO! Also forgot to mention liked how the two plots connected at the end. It's something Bless the Harts is really good with (Cremains of the Day).

So I'd give this episode a 3.75/5 rounded up to 4 I guess. Bless the Harts' finale was 4.75 rounded to 5.
    Last edited by orangemo; 05-17-2020 at 10:22 PM.

This ep made me dislike Mia. The seeds of her being ultra progressive to the point of being annoying were sown in Witch Day but here they really bear fruit. My gosh, is she entitled. Newsflash: Just because you plan on becoming US President and everything in your life is a stepping stone to that goal, does not mean you are a qualified leader. She absolutely should not be pres if she can't read a room.
    Who in their ever loving mind would want their prom canceled and replaced by cleaning up a river? Maybe some dateless nobody. Sorry if that sounds cruel, but it really isn't that hard to get a prom date. Or go with a group of your friends, drink the punch, and make fun of the couples dancing. But no, Little Miss Woke thinks the prom is an outdated concept. Ugh, grow up and realize that just because something is popular and doesn't seem super important or progressive doesn't make it bad. I honestly do not care if she and bland as rice Duncan ever get together. They have no chemistry, and Mia clearly looks down on him, seeing him as some white boy she can make history against. I'm glad her plan backfired and I wish she never became pres in the end.
    3/5 because I liked the subplot of Kim scamming her parents and getting the tables turned. Also got a laugh at the March of The Penguins scene.

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GlitterCat View Post
    This ep made me dislike Mia. The seeds of her being ultra progressive to the point of being annoying were sown in Witch Day but here they really bear fruit. My gosh, is she entitled. Newsflash: Just because you plan on becoming US President and everything in your life is a stepping stone to that goal, does not mean you are a qualified leader. She absolutely should not be pres if she can't read a room.
    Who in their ever loving mind would want their prom canceled and replaced by cleaning up a river? Maybe some dateless nobody. Sorry if that sounds cruel, but it really isn't that hard to get a prom date. Or go with a group of your friends, drink the punch, and make fun of the couples dancing. But no, Little Miss Woke thinks the prom is an outdated concept. Ugh, grow up and realize that just because something is popular and doesn't seem super important or progressive doesn't make it bad. I honestly do not care if she and bland as rice Duncan ever get together. They have no chemistry, and Mia clearly looks down on him, seeing him as some white boy she can make history against. I'm glad her plan backfired and I wish she never became pres in the end.
    3/5 because I liked the subplot of Kim scamming her parents and getting the tables turned. Also got a laugh at the March of The Penguins scene.
    I'd like to see your review on the Fox animation shows soon. I made a R&R thread for their seasons of 2019-20.

Blog Entries

Well, here's Phil's review:

8. Thumbs Up To This Post by: orangemo

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by angeldeb82 View Post
    Well, here's Phil's review:

He gave it a C, even though it wasn’t there (editing mistake).

Thread Information