Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Remember Me As I Was 1010011010's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Watched on YouTube last night. All the current Season Urination Domination shows are on there right now with only occasional zoom ins/time intervals, so pretty convenient for anyone who still watches those.

The conflict between Marge/Hudson's Mother was weak, and the scene where Marge and Maggie fight was just weird. Homer and Cletus being friends is an easy match, though they never give it any depth beyond they're both stupid/drink. The wicken episode from Season 21 also had the two become friends, just going off a limb that the relationship was better there than here (will also take the 30 seconds of ice skating filler over the minute and a half cringe song here). There's barely hints of Cletus possibly being smarter than his typical hillbilly stereotype when he turns the tables on Burns several times, that could've been an interesting angle. Or just give Cletus any depth at all, with an episode centered around him.

Would have thought the "Playdate with Destiny Direct to Television sequel" would be more focused on Maggie/Hudson. Basically, what the Maggie short in Puffless was to Longest Daycare. Here it's more of just a passing reference, he could've been any baby. Wonder if he'll appear in future episodes? Have him fight Gerald over Maggie or some shit.

Inoffensive background noise other than that. Good enough for my insomniatic, 2 in the morning ass.

2/5
    Just because I'm stupider than them, they think they're smarter than me!
    Simpsons Season 27 Ratings:
    Every Man's Dream-4.8/10 Cue Detective-6/10 Puffless-7/10 Halloween of Horror-8.4/10 Treehouse of Horror XXVI-(4.5, 5, 3.5) 4.25/10 Friend With Benefit-5/10 Lisa With An 'S'-5.5/10 Paths of Glory--/10 Barthood--/10 The Girl Code--/10 Teenage Mutant Milk-Caused Hurdles--/10 Much Apu About Something--/10 Gal of Constant Sorrow--/10 Love Is in the N2-O2-Ar-CO2-Ne-He-CH4--/10 Lisa the Veterinarian--/10 The Marge-ian Chronicles--/10 The Burns Cage--/10 How Lisa Got Her Marge Back--/10 Fland Canyon--/10 Simprovised--/10 To Courier With Love--/10 Orange is the New Yellow--/10
    Futurama Season 7B Ratings:
    2-D Blacktop-7.5/10 Fry and Leela's Big Fling-7.9/10 T.: The Terrestrial-8.2/10 Forty Percent Leadbelly-6.8/10 The Inhuman Torch-8.4/10 Saturday Morning Fun Pit-(9, 7, 8.5) 8.2/10 Calculon 2.0-8.7/10 Assie Come Home-8.5/10 Leela and the Genestalk-7.2/10 Game of Tones-9.2/10 Murder on The Planet Express-9/10 Stench and Stenchibility-8.5/10 Meanwhile-9.5/10
    Jumping the Shark since 1998...
    Alternate Ending Winner of NHC Survivor Season 1

Chatting Simpsons Since '93 Brad Lascelle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by orangemo View Post
    Not a bad episode at all. There was awesome couch gag there’s a sweet end with Maggie and I laughed a few times though it took a long time to set up; seeing Homer stand up for Cletus is nice. There’s some really fluid and nice animation which proves Simpsons can still be decent at times. And we can actually hear the original ending song in the credits for the first time in so long. It’s a little light on laughs and the subplot wasn’t great but it was interesting to see the story with Homer and Cletus. 3.5/5
    Would you like me to round your score up to a 4 or round it down to a 3 for the site consensus thread rating, @orangemo?
    SEASON 31 RANKINGS
    The Winter of Our Monetized Content - 1.5/5 / Go Big or Go Homer - 2.5/5 / The Fat Blue Line - 3.5/5
    THOH XXX = Danger Things - 2.5/5 / Heaven Swipes Right - 1.5/5 / When Hairy Met Slimy - 2/5
    Gorillas on the Mast - 3.5/5 / Marge the Lumberjill - 2/5 / Livin' La Pura Vida - 5/5
    THANKSGIVING OF HORROR = A-Gobble-ypto - 3/5 / The Fourth Thursday After Tomorrow - 5/5 / The Last Thanksgiving - 3.5/5
    Todd, Todd, Why Hast Thou Forsaken Me? - 3.5/5 / Bobby, It's Cold Outside - 2.5/5 / Hail to the Teeth - 1.5/5
    The Miseducation of Lisa Simpson - 2/5 / Frinkcoin - 3/5 / Maggie Simpson In "Playdate with Destiny" - 4/5
    Bart the Bad Guy - 5/5 / Screenless - 2/5 / Better Off Ned - 2.5/5 / Highway to Well - 4/5
    The Incredible Lightness of Being a Baby - 2.5/5 / Warrin' Priests - 2/5 / The Hateful Eight-Year-Olds - 4.5/5 / The Way of the Dog - 5/5

Quote Originally Posted by BloodySimpsonChibi View Post
    Remember what I said about Bart the Bad Guy? The same opinion applies here although the subplot was pretty bad.

7/10
    I'll pose the same question that I did to orangemo for you as well.

Would you like me to round your score up to a 4 or round it down to a 3 for the site consensus thread rating, @BloodySimpsonChibi?

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Lascelle View Post
    Would you like me to round your score up to a 4 or round it down to a 3 for the site consensus thread rating, @orangemo?
    Let's round it down to a 3 because because I thought the subplot was pretty much nothing. Still not a bad episode.
    The Central, King of Harts, Burger-loving, American family guy.

CROSSING SWORDS SEASON 1 * PILOT 0/5 * EPISODE 2 0.5/5 * EPISODE 3 0/5 * EPISODE 4 0/5 * EPISODE 5 0/5 * EPISODE 6 0.5/5 * EPISODE 7 1/5 * EPISODE 8 2.5/5 * EPISODE 9 3/5 * EPISODE 10 3/5

will gut you like a fish BloodySimpsonChibi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Lascelle View Post
    I'll pose the same question that I did to orangemo for you as well.

Would you like me to round your score up to a 4 or round it down to a 3 for the site consensus thread rating, @BloodySimpsonChibi?
    Yes please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaine View Post
    I'd imagine patting Lisa on the head would sting, damn kids with their spiky heads.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodySimpsonChibi View Post
    Yes please.
    Terrific! And which of those two things would you like me to do?

7. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Szyslak100

will gut you like a fish BloodySimpsonChibi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Go ahead and bump it up

@BloodySimpsonChibi Roger Dodger!

Thread Information