Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have you ever had a depression?

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Have you ever had a depression?

I had in summer, i got one that nearly made me kill myself, i´m really glad i left that cuz living is nice.

I'm having a depression rn
    facebook / twitter / tumblr
    round and round let the city turn party in the hills we can party in the burbs roof on fire let it burn champagne in my hand I'm not concerned

Quote Originally Posted by kupomog View Post
    I'm having a depression rn
    Sorry to hear that. Hope you pull through like i did. (:

Wrote the book on flimflammin Grifty McGrift's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yes.

Needs attention Financial Panther's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Uh, yeah. I was especially depressed today because this quarantine has shown me just how abnormally isolated I am. Other people are going crazy, while nothing in my life has changed. The only different thing is that there are no sports. I at least had an illusion before that my life wasn’t too sad, but now I know almost everyone else actually goes out and does things and hangs out with people. Fuck this.
    Favorite and least favorite by season
    1. Life on the Fast Lane Homer’s Night Out 2. Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3. Homer at the Bat Like Father, Like Clown 4. Brother From the Same Planet Krusty Gets Kancelled 5. Cape Feare Lady Bouvier’s Lover 6. Homer Badman Another Simpsons Clip Show 7. King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8. Homer’s Enemy The Simpsons Spin-Off Showcase 9. Bart Carny The Trouble With Trillions 10. Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: “Kidney Trouble” 11. Guess Who’s Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12. HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13. Tales From the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14. The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15. I, (Annoyed Grunt)-bot Bart-Mangled Banner 16. A Star is Torn On a Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister 17. My Fair Laddy Bonfire of the Manatees 18. The Haw-Hawed Couple You Kent Always Say What You Want 19. Eternal Moonshine of the Simpson Mind All About Lisa 20. Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21. The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22. Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23. The Falcon and the D’ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24. Hardly Kirk-ing Moonshine River 25. The War of Art What to Expect When Bart’s Expecting 26. Sky Police Let’s Go Fly a Coot 27. Halloween of Horror Lisa With an ‘S’ 28. There Will Be Buds Moho House 29. Springfield Splendor Throw Grampa From the Dane 30. Daddicus Finch I Want You (She’s So Heavy) 31. Thanksgiving of Horror Warrin’ Priests (Part Two)

Blog Entries

Well I've never not had it. I guess someone up there hates me.

Remember Me As I Was 1010011010's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Currently lying in bed. Because I’m a worthless piece of shit. Considered killing myself. Still might.
    Just because I'm stupider than them, they think they're smarter than me!
    Simpsons Season 27 Ratings:
    Every Man's Dream-4.8/10 Cue Detective-6/10 Puffless-7/10 Halloween of Horror-8.4/10 Treehouse of Horror XXVI-(4.5, 5, 3.5) 4.25/10 Friend With Benefit-5/10 Lisa With An 'S'-5.5/10 Paths of Glory--/10 Barthood--/10 The Girl Code--/10 Teenage Mutant Milk-Caused Hurdles--/10 Much Apu About Something--/10 Gal of Constant Sorrow--/10 Love Is in the N2-O2-Ar-CO2-Ne-He-CH4--/10 Lisa the Veterinarian--/10 The Marge-ian Chronicles--/10 The Burns Cage--/10 How Lisa Got Her Marge Back--/10 Fland Canyon--/10 Simprovised--/10 To Courier With Love--/10 Orange is the New Yellow--/10
    Futurama Season 7B Ratings:
    2-D Blacktop-7.5/10 Fry and Leela's Big Fling-7.9/10 T.: The Terrestrial-8.2/10 Forty Percent Leadbelly-6.8/10 The Inhuman Torch-8.4/10 Saturday Morning Fun Pit-(9, 7, 8.5) 8.2/10 Calculon 2.0-8.7/10 Assie Come Home-8.5/10 Leela and the Genestalk-7.2/10 Game of Tones-9.2/10 Murder on The Planet Express-9/10 Stench and Stenchibility-8.5/10 Meanwhile-9.5/10
    Jumping the Shark since 1998...
    Alternate Ending Winner of NHC Survivor Season 1

Quote Originally Posted by 1010011010 View Post
    Currently lying in bed. Because I’m a worthless piece of shit. Considered killing myself. Still might.
    I see.

Since you want us to be honest about this, I'll just cut to the chase.

Suicide is for retards.

It makes it look like you gave up instead of struggling against your shackles, like everyone worth their salt did.

Never do it, faggot. You gotta keep on living, because there's always someone worth to keep fighting for (In your case, it's your little brother), or, if there isn't, you just do it to stick it to the people who put you down for a little bit longer.

Don't mind if you're not that popular with girls, it's not a big deal. Well, it feels like it is, but it really isn't. I actually had a lot of problems with this too, hell, at once I thought of dying alone just so I wouldn't have to get hurt again.

And you'll get rejected. A whole fucking lot. And it'll hurt. It'll feel like you're getting your stomach nailed to your kidneys without anesthesia.

But you have to keep moving forward. Because, eventually, someone will come around who will like you for who you are and won't mind if you're bald or put up a mask for everyone (My case).

You'll probably think it's a load of bullshit. I did, a lot. But it's true. Believe me, it is. And I can swear to God and all other Deities standing up in the sky that it is fucking true.

Life's a battlefield, man. And battlefields aren't easy to survive. But doing so only makes you stronger.

A bit of an insensitive topic to post on a forum about an animated sitcom (there are more appropriate online places to discuss this topic). I'll be surprised if the mods don't close this thread, even if you mean well (which I assume you do)

Quote Originally Posted by Snorky View Post
    A bit of an insensitive topic to post on a forum about an animated sitcom (there are more appropriate online places to discuss this topic). I'll be surprised if the mods don't close this thread, even if you mean well (which I assume you do)
    I don´t think it´s anything wrong to talk about depression. What i think was more sensitive was what i just posted about suicide so they might delate that post.

Just chillin', dawg OldSchoolerSimpsons's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Snorky View Post
    People talk about depression here all the time. There are much more things you can discuss besides The Simpsons, "Free For All" means you can talk about pretty much anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by scully apologist;bt39949
    "KONY 2012"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Homer The Stonecutter View Post
    I see.

Suicide is for retards.
    your a dumbass.
    cheems

13. Thumbs Up To This Post by: pax

Blog Entries

Most of 2019 I battled with immense depression and suicidal thoughts because my dysphoria was peaking around that time, and it didn't help that I was convinced my feelings weren't real and I was absolutely faking it. And it almost derailed my college courses because I would oversleep or miss days on purpose because I would randomly break down out of nowhere and feel like absolute shit.

I still have some depressive episodes where for a good few hours I just want to give up and go hide somewhere, but I manage it somehow. It still makes me sensitive to a lot of harmless shit that I shouldn't be bothered by so that's still an issue, but I've improved since then.

Remember Me As I Was 1010011010's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Homer The Stonecutter View Post
    I see.

Suicide is for retards.

It makes it look like you gave up instead of struggling against your shackles, like everyone worth their salt did.

Never do it, faggot. You gotta keep on living, because there's always someone worth to keep fighting for (In your case, it's your little brother), or, if there isn't, you just do it to stick it to the people who put you down for a little bit longer.

Don't mind if you're not that popular with girls, it's not a big deal. Well, it feels like it is, but it really isn't. I actually had a lot of problems with this too, hell, at once I thought of dying alone just so I wouldn't have to get hurt again.

And you'll get rejected. A whole fucking lot. And it'll hurt. It'll feel like you're getting your stomach nailed to your kidneys without anesthesia.

But you have to keep moving forward. Because, eventually, someone will come around who will like you for who you are and won't mind if you're bald or put up a mask for everyone (My case).

You'll probably think it's a load of bullshit. I did, a lot. But it's true. Believe me, it is. And I can swear to God and all other Deities standing up in the sky that it is fucking true.

Life's a battlefield, man. And battlefields aren't easy to survive. But doing so only makes you stronger.
    That is a very specific story to respond to me with.

But no, my problem isn’t about finding a SO. I don’t have anyone that really needs me, and living on pure spite against people sounds like a life not worth living.

Though I can appreciate the sentiment you have, and am happy you overcame suicide yourself with it, your post makes it sound like giving into suicide means you didn’t struggle enough, a sentiment I really fucking hate and oversimplifies many people’s situations.

If anything, you should learn to love yourself first, before searching for someone to share love with.

Blog Entries

Yeah spite's not a good thing. Besides, in my experience it's only lead to pretty much everything spiting me back much harder. In fact, they do that even if I'm not, whenever I'm happy about something it's just a lead-in to make something hurt all the worse... hell I don't think I've gotten happy about anything since november. Whatever care and time I put into improving anything is not only a waste but will be thrown back into my face and the few things I can enjoy will only be destroyed.

Basically nothing's gonna get better in my life, I'm still gonna be kicked about all the time, still gonna have to deal with dysphoria 24/7 because of a bunch of goalpost-shifting twats and ain't like anyone gives a crap. But at the same time, can't do anything about it, even leave. Frankly I'm such a fuckup, I'd only fail if I tried to kill myself anyway.

I have been depressed before, yes. I didn't recognize it as such at the time, but in retrospect it seems pretty clear that's what it was. It was for much of freshman of year of college. It was probably initially spawned by homesickness (even though I was going to college barely more than 15 minutes away from where I grew up!) and exacerbated by the general social anxiety of college and by my roommate/best friend having to quit the year early due to mono (so I was living alone for spring semester which made everything worse) but it soon turned into a general feeling "off" that I could not shake and I stopped caring about my classes and almost risked academic probation (the worst part was my mom would call me every week back then and feeling I had to tell her I was fine when I wasn't was killing me). I look back on 2010 as my worst year (that was the year I had my first panic attack). The following year was a huge improvement and one of the greatest of my life.
    Get woke, go broke

Quote Originally Posted by cam View Post
    your a dumbass.
    No. What i typed is actually very true.

Quote Originally Posted by 1010011010 View Post
    That is a very specific story to respond to me with.

But no, my problem isn’t about finding a SO. I don’t have anyone that really needs me, and living on pure spite against people sounds like a life not worth living.

Though I can appreciate the sentiment you have, and am happy you overcame suicide yourself with it, your post makes it sound like giving into suicide means you didn’t struggle enough, a sentiment I really fucking hate and oversimplifies many people’s situations.

If anything, you should learn to love yourself first, before searching for someone to share love with.
    Yeah but it still a fact that´s it what makes it look like you gave up .

I could try to kill myself again but i know i can´t per my current thread.

Blog Entries

Idk why you think slurs will make your man up speech easier to swallow but OK.

oh dear, I say! The Spruce Moose's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Basically non stop since I dropped out of university in 2013 and probably at various points before then.

Don't use fucking slurs btw.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Egg Council Creepy View Post
    Here's FIVE non-rock songs I like:
    Take On Me
    Hello
    Mad World
    Unreal Superhero 3
    Lisa Frank 420/Modern Computing
    So i'm not a rockist

23. Thumbs Up To This Post by: kes

Postmodern Maggie's Magnum Magnum's Avatar
    Blog Entries

nobody makes twelve thousand message board posts because they out there everyday crushing puss

Blog Entries

Yikes, imagine starting a thread about depression and almost killing yourself only to reply "suicide is for r-slur" to the next person who mentions suicide. No wonder this one's banned.

Though I must admit, 95% of the reason I am still alive is to spite the Tories.

Yes I've had depression for as long as I can remember. Medication didn't help. Prozac gave me intense cravings for alcohol pretty much all the time. I was always a problem drinker but not to the extent of ruining my life. I'm convinced if I wasn't off Prozac by now I'd probably be dead anyway, so the entire purpose of taking it was moot. Now that I've got used to not taking it any more, I think I'm actually less depressed than I was when I was on it.

(This isn't an anti-med/science comment. Medication is good and helpful for a lot of people. Mine just didn't work for me. You shouldn't start or stop taking it without consulting a doctor first. I am not a lawyer. Etc.)
    "Because you watched House, we think you'll enjoy... Fuller House."

Party time... excellent...

Have psychedelics or dissociatives helped with your depression? Or any other drugs?

Blog Entries

Yes and no, I guess. I believe the studies that they they can.

I've sort-of developed an unwillingness to go for ketamine infusions if offered because using recreationally has made me feel like it's a dirty drug in general. That's despite the fact that it seems to have worked on my depression. I'm hit and miss about whether I love or hate the general sensation, and it's apparently horrendously bad for your bladder.

I really like acid, but I know people who've had a horrible time on it, so I basically feel like I'm not allowed to talk about it. Some people are even saying LSD is good for migraines. I'm less keen on the whole 10 hours of excessive stimulation issue. Outside the peak I get dreadfully bored and can't fall asleep until it wears off.

As for cannabis, I fucking love it and I just wish it was legal here so I could buy edibles rather than have to go through the whole process myself or smoke it. It's very effective on my migraines, but unfortunately smoking with a migraine is so unpleasant that I rarely bother.

I could really talk about this all day. All of these drugs have helped with my depression; they just happen to be bloody inconvenient, as well as annoying to source and dose outside of a legitimate medical agreement.

Anyone else?

Ketamine treatment has interested me; there's a doctor in my city who must be one of the biggest American promoters of ketamine use for depression (he runs a clinic that specializes in it).

As far as pot goes, I've never been able to tell if it has any kind of long-term impact on my mood. (I also usually end up drinking while smoking it, so it hasn't been a good alcohol substitute.) But in the short term it does help to "rearrange" my mind somewhat, and get me out of routine patterns of thinking.

29. Thumbs Up To This Post by: kes

Blog Entries

The weird thing about me is that I've never wanted to combine weed and alcohol, but I've had trouble resisting the desire to combine ket and alcohol. Both seem to trigger the craving for the other, and it's scary stuff. Though I expect it'd be different with a medical environment. The desire (or at least ability) to drink would go away with a knockout dose.

If the ketamine high was too intense for me, I would probably be tempted to drink while taking it too. It sounds like it could be a lot more unpleasant than combining pot and alcohol, though.

Are you usually by yourself, when you're taking ketamine or LSD?

Sometimes it happens. Sometimes there is a reason and sometimes there isn't. A very bad feeling I must admit

Junior Camper Treehouse of Spoopy's Avatar

No homers dot net
    nohomers.net make Treehouse of Spoopy go crazy

Thread Information