Thread: Are season 26-31 better then 22-25

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Are season 26-31 better then 22-25

Cuz if they are not there is no way i watch them.

Accurate and fun Financial Panther's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Since season 24, they’ve mostly been consistently adequate, with a few gems among them, but not as many great or horrible episodes as seasons 21-23.
    Favorite and least favorite by season
    1. Life on the Fast Lane Homer’s Night Out 2. Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3. Homer at the Bat Like Father, Like Clown 4. Brother From the Same Planet Krusty Gets Kancelled 5. Cape Feare Lady Bouvier’s Lover 6. Homer Badman Another Simpsons Clip Show 7. King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8. Homer’s Enemy The Simpsons Spin-Off Showcase 9. Bart Carny The Trouble With Trillions 10. Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: “Kidney Trouble” 11. Guess Who’s Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12. HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13. Tales From the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14. The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15. I, (Annoyed Grunt)-bot Bart-Mangled Banner 16. A Star is Torn On a Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister 17. My Fair Laddy Bonfire of the Manatees 18. The Haw-Hawed Couple You Kent Always Say What You Want 19. Eternal Moonshine of the Simpson Mind All About Lisa 20. Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21. The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22. Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23. The Falcon and the D’ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24. Hardly Kirk-ing Moonshine River 25. The War of Art What to Expect When Bart’s Expecting 26. Sky Police Let’s Go Fly a Coot 27. Halloween of Horror Lisa With an ‘S’ 28. There Will Be Buds Moho House 29. Springfield Splendor Throw Grampa From the Dane 30. Daddicus Finch I Want You (She’s So Heavy) 31. Thanksgiving of Horror Warrin’ Priests (Part Two)

Looking that you rated every single episode of season 24 and 25 with a 1/10, I definitely do not recommend you the following seasons.

Speaking personally, even though it's not a huge difference I would say 26-31 are a bit better, often being more even (not as many big dips, more strong episodes) and possibly having more well recieved HD era episodes than 22-25. Though, for modern Simpsons haters it would probably make no difference at all.

Quote Originally Posted by CousinMerl View Post
    Speaking personally, even though it's not a huge difference I would say 26-31 are a bit better, often being more even (not as many huge dips, more stronger episodes) and having more of the most well recieved HD era episodes than 22-25. Though, for modern Simpsons haters it would probably make no difference at all.
    Allright i guess i give season 26 a shot but if it´s as constantly awful i won´t continue.

Keep in mind, if you do decide to continue, don't expect any miracles for 26 (which also starts with a stinker). 27 and 29 are probably the standout seasons of these 31 if I had to pick two, but judging by your views on 24 & 25 I'm not sure you'll like either that much.

Quote Originally Posted by CousinMerl View Post
    Keep in mind, if you do decide to continue and since you didn't like 25 at all, don't expect any miracles for 26 (which also starts with a stinker). 27 and 29 are probably the standout seasons of these 31 if I had to pick two, but judging by your views on 24 & 25 I don't think you'll like neither very much.
    So it´s basicially the same quality. Allright i try season 26 but if that dosen´t fly i drop the show again.

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Homer The Stonecutter View Post
    So it´s basicially the same quality. Allright i try season 26 but if that dosen´t fly i drop the show again.
    Honestly they get worse and worse. Seasons 29-30 was pretty weak 31 is okay. I’d much rather watch the other animated cartoons on Fox. I still watch cause I’ve seen every episode but I’m rarely impressed now. They’re only making it cause Fox and Disney pay them and the staff don’t really give a shit about quality anymore.

Personally, I found from season 26 they started to do more "modern-oriented" (I didn't know, how to name that in opther way) episodes with more often interesting stories. Yes, sometimes they are full crap with plot rehashes of rehashes of rehashes..., but in season 22-23 almost every episode was like that (seasons 24, 25 were medicore a bit).
    And I agree with @CousinMerl : in retrospect, season 27 & 29 (I haven't seen season 31 yet, but perhaps, it's also) are very enjoyable to watch and the best of HD seasons.
    IMHO the best and the worst episodes of each season (in bold — the best and worst of overall series, upd. 24/04/20):
    1. Moaning Lisa/Homer’s Night Out 2. Bart vs. Thanksgiving/Simpson and Delilah 3. Mr. Lisa Goes to Washington/Homer Alone 4. Homer’s Triple Bypass/Marge in Chains 5. Secrets of a Successful Marriage/Bart’s Inner Child 6. Who Shot Mr. Burns? (Part I)/A Star Is Burns 7. Home Sweet Homediddly-Dum-Doodily/Treehouse of Horror VI 8. My Sister, My Sitter/The Simpsons Spin-Off Showcase 9. Miracle on Evergreen Terrace/Bart Star 10. Wild Barts Can’t Be Broken/Simpsons Bible Stories 11. Days of Wine and D’oh’ses/Pygmoelian 12. Homer vs. Dignity/New Kids on the Blecch 13. Poppa’s Got a Brand New Badge/Weekend at Burnsie’s 14. Moe Baby Blues/Helter Shelter 15. Fraudcast News/Co-Dependent’s Day 16. Goo Goo Gai Pan/A Star Is Torn 17. Bonfire of the Manatees/Kiss Kiss, Bang Bangalore 18. 24 Minutes/Stop, Or My Dog Will Shoot! 19. Eternal Moonshine of the Simpson Mind/Husbands and Knives 20. Coming to Homerica/Four Great Women and a Manicure 21. The Squirt and the Whale/Treehouse of Horror XX 22. The Blue and the Gray/Elementary School Musical 23. A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again/Moe Goes from Rags to Riches 24. Hardly Kirk-ing/Gorgeous Grampa 25. Brick Like Me/What to Expect When Bart’s Expecting 26. Sky Police/Treehouse of Horror XXV 27. Halloween of Horror/Treehouse of Horror XXVI 28. 22 for 30/Havana Wild Weekend 29. Flanders’ Ladder/Springfield Splendor 30. Baby You Can’t Drive My Car/The Clown Stays in the Picture 31. TBA/TBA
    The Simpsons season ratings:
    2 > 1 > 3 > 7 > 6 > 4 > 8 > 5 > 9 > 27 > 21 > 20 > 25 > 17 > 29 > 12 > 15 > 10 > 26 > 24 > 13 > 18 > 14 > 19 > 28 > 16 > 30 > 23 > 11 > 22

I think that thoughts may differ, because so many people, so many opinions.

Watched a bit of season 26 yesternight. I hated the first three but i liked the thoh, way more then i liked any episode from 24-25 so if more episodes are like that in the season i might continue.

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Homer The Stonecutter View Post
    Watched a bit of season 26 yesternight. I hated the first three but i liked the thoh, way more then i liked any episode from 24-25 so if more episodes are like that in the season i might continue.
    26 was alright I think 29-present are the weakest.

It is a hit and miss as usual, but the lates episodes get more daring and the "hits" hit better. High Concept episodes like "Dogtown" are some of the better (making fun of animal rights and pointing out how misanthropic it is). Sometimes they reach old glory: In "The fat in the hat" the children behave age-apropriate_ Bart is a (10 years old) nasty bad boy that regrets his pranks and Lisa is a (8 yeras old) sensitive nerd, that gets offenden by them (the B-Plot about Homer surprisingly is a chess expert still sucks(as much I like chess)). Then we have lowlights like "Whistlers Father" that just suck by beeing so bad its boring. "Lisa goes Gaga" was at least outragiously bad that makes it more interesting than "Whistlers Father".
    All in all you should watch all Simpsons episodes ever created - just out of interest - and remember it is still better than most newer shows.

Thread Information