Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rate & Review: "Highway to Well" (ZABF10)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by angeldeb82 View Post
    Here's Phil's review for "Highway to Well", which he kinda mislabels as "Hell":

He started reviewing all of the Fox cartoons in one video so for those who also watch Duncanville and Bob’s Burgers they’re all in one video! He gave it a B.

@Kaine FYI, Maggie says "suck, suck!" in Mandarin at the end of this episode according to Carolyn Omine's most recent twit.
    Last retrospective: Homer Defined (S03E05)

My project of rating and reviewing every episode of Rick and Morty (completed!)

My project of rating and reviewing every episode of BoJack Horseman (last episode: Later)

3. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Kaine

Have Brain, Will Travel Wile E. the Brain's Avatar

One thing for sure with this episode, it's clearly an interesting one, but I can't help but feel it could've been better, or I don't know if it just me who didn't find it reached its full potential or that I just wasn't hooked enough on it. Because I do agree with you guys that it's a cleverly written episode and that it tackles the subject pretty well. But... I don't know, I do feel I couldn't get into this episode as much as I would like.

I'm not a fan of episodes about drugs but I can appreciate them regardless if they're well handled, I think this one is kinda lacking of entertainment. I do appreciate how the plot is written for the most part, mocking the hypocrisy around drug medicine in a clever way with Homer dealing drugs "the old fashion way" versus Marge selling it legally. It's pretty ingenious, actually, one of the most interesting ideas these last seasons ever came up with. However, I wasn't that much into the last part of the episode, I think. I don't know if it's just me but I also think they could've deepen the reasons Homer is dealing drugs while he knows that will cost her job to his wife. I guess he does that because he's fully aware she works in a hypocritical environment, but it's not fully explained and I almost thought he does that while just not caring about the fact Marge might lose her job because of him. Marge being the only one considered as the antagonist is a bit easy to me.

But I still enjoyed the plot for the most part and I liked how this episode was the opportunity to put some secondary characters in the spotlight, like Otto (obvioulsy, it's an episode about drugs after all) and Drederick Tatum. I enjoy the interactions between the characters and how well handled they are (Otto getting a beer at Moe's for the first time and everyone surprised by that, really good). But like I said, even if the animation is well used for the drug effect, I thought the last part was kinda weak and that they could've end it in a more clever way, especially considering how clever the writing around the subject is for the most part. Also, the humor isn't that strong either. It's never bad as far as I remember, but rarely memorable (though I did have some genuine laughs like the whole cheeseballs part, Lenny being "that guy nobody knows nothing about" and Homer saying he's Kevin Smith's father, Kevin Smith who also has a funny line even though it's the only one he had). I liked the ad for the Krusty Burger too, at first it looked like a cutaway joke from Family Guy (and a good one) but it also has a little effect on the plot.

All in all, I think it's a decent episode, but I also think I'll rewatch it in the near future to have a more well thought-out opinion about it. 3/5
    It ate EVERYBODY, stupid !

The Winter of Our Monetized Content - 2/5 / Go Big or Go Homer - 2/5 / The Fat Blue Line - 3.5/5 / Treehouse of Horror XXX - 2.5/5 / Gorillas on the Mast - 3.5/5 / Marge the Lumberjill - 2/5 / Livin' la Pura Vida - 4/5 / Thanksgiving of Horror - 4/5 / Todd, Todd, Why Hast Thou Forsaken Me - 2.5/5 / Bobby, it's Cold Outside - 2.5/5 / Hail to the Teeth - 1.5/5 / The Miseducation of Lisa Simpson - 3.5/5 / Frinkcoin - 2/5 / Bart the Bad Guy - 4/5 / Screenless - 3.5/5 / Better Off Ned - 1.5/5 / Highway to Well - 3/5 / The Incredible Lightness of Being a Baby - 2/5 / Warrin' Priests: Part One - 3/5 / Warrin' Priests: Part Two - 2.5/5 / The Hateful Eight-Year-Olds - 3.5/5 / Way of the Dog - TBA

5. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Szyslak100

Chatting Simpsons Since '93 Brad Lascelle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Erm. Didn't dislike that one, but I just don't think it was for me. C
    Going to ask this question both here and in the Todd, Todd, Why Hast Thou Forsaken Me? thread because I'm not sure what score you intend for the poll here.

You've been slotting your C+ episodes at a 3/5 for the poll and your C- episodes at a 2/5 for the poll, but what score should I attribute to your C episodes?
    Am I rounding up to a 3 or rounding down to a 2?
    SEASON 31 RANKINGS
    The Winter of Our Monetized Content - 1.5/5 / Go Big or Go Homer - 2.5/5 / The Fat Blue Line - 3.5/5
    THOH XXX = Danger Things - 2.5/5 / Heaven Swipes Right - 1.5/5 / When Hairy Met Slimy - 2/5
    Gorillas on the Mast - 3.5/5 / Marge the Lumberjill - 2/5 / Livin' La Pura Vida - 5/5
    THANKSGIVING OF HORROR = A-Gobble-ypto - 3/5 / The Fourth Thursday After Tomorrow - 5/5 / The Last Thanksgiving - 3.5/5
    Todd, Todd, Why Hast Thou Forsaken Me? - 3.5/5 / Bobby, It's Cold Outside - 2.5/5 / Hail to the Teeth - 1.5/5
    The Miseducation of Lisa Simpson - 2/5 / Frinkcoin - 3/5 / Maggie Simpson In "Playdate with Destiny" - 4/5
    Bart the Bad Guy - 5/5 / Screenless - 2/5 / Better Off Ned - 2.5/5 / Highway to Well - 4/5
    The Incredible Lightness of Being a Baby - 2.5/5 / Warrin' Priests - 2/5 / The Hateful Eight-Year-Olds - 4.5/5 / The Way of the Dog - 5/5

I guess I was pretty entertained, so 5/5. I was pretty much suprised how much of a bitch Marge was in this episode, but if Homer is cool with that at the end, who am I to judge.

Thread Information