Thread: Marvel gets woke (will they go broke?)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Marvel gets woke (will they go broke?)

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/ma...rior-snowflake

I thought this was a joke at first. I'm still not completely convinced it's not a joke.

What do you all think? Would you read comics featuring these dynamic characters?
    Get woke, go broke

Joe Swanson ©tormented OldSchoolerSimpsons's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If you give them names like Snowflake and Safespace it just looks like a bad joke. I'm not against the idea of non-binary or transgender superheroes, but they fail to realize how ridiculous the characters really come off as.
    Quote Originally Posted by scully apologist;bt39949
    "KONY 2012"

Blog Entries

Yeahhh this really feels more like some far-right parody. Or at least gives them more ammo, meanwhile the other side isn't happy because these characters that are supposed to represent them for the first time ever are pretty much caricatures of them. Trans and NB heroes sounds really cool on paper but probably would be far better recieved if they were presented more like normal superheroes...

That doesn't mean go in the direction of "oh this never effects anything in the story but btw this guy's gay", these things are pretty big and do at least partly define peoples' experiences and what they're like. But then if it's literally everything about a character then it's more like a self (or outright) parody. Much like how a Mexican hero that wears a sombrero at all times and whose superpower is jumping over any wall wouldn't be well-received by anyone but by the ghoulish racist crowd.

Most of the time with these things they didn't go broke because they went woke but because they did a shit job at it or make a huge deal out of the bare minimum they could get away with. Or in this case fucked up so bad it's hard to tell if they're even going "woke" or trying to appease 4chan or whatever the worst of society uses these days.
    Season 31 just sucked.

4. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Nitsy

This feels about five years too late ? Maybe back in 2015, 2016ish people might've cared ?
    Favorite by season
    1.Krusty Gets Busted 2. Bart Gets An F 3. Lisa's Pony 4. Duffless/Last Exit to Springfiled 5. Homer's Barbershop Quartet 6. And Maggie Makes Three 7. The Curse Of The Flying Hellfish 8.Hurricane Neddy 9 Das Bus 10. Wild Barts Can't Be Broken 11. Saddlesore Galactica 12. HOMR 13. Weekend at Burnsie's. 14. How I Spent My Strummer Vacation. 15. The President Wore Pearls.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilly View Post
    This feels about five years too late ? Maybe back in 2015, 2016ish people might've cared ?
    Yes because anti-sjw's, such as myself, are all questioning their ideology and considering joining the sjw brigade

Quote Originally Posted by Snorky View Post
    Yes because anti-sjw's, such as myself, are all questioning their ideology and considering joining the sjw brigade
    They will when see what Marvel's been up to.

But seriously, I have nothing against increased "representation", but this seems more like what GamerGaters and the like think "representation" is (i.e. a tone-deaf caricature).

Quote Originally Posted by Nitsy View Post

But seriously, I have nothing against increased "representation", but this seems more like what GamerGaters and the like think "representation" is (i.e. a tone-deaf caricature).
    Bingo.

Blog Entries

It feels like being made fun of and Marvel can go eat a dick for all I care

Thread Information