View Poll Results: Would you kneel for this episode?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5/5: Kneel before Peter!

0 0%
  • 4/5: Take a knee. *Will Smith voice*

1 16.67%
  • 3/5: That's cool, but would've liked to see the game as well.

0 0%
  • 2/5: Who won the game?

2 33.33%
  • 1/5: I'd rather break my own kneecaps than kneel!

3 50.00%

Thread: Rate & review: Family Guy - The Movement

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Joe Swanson ©tormented OldSchoolerSimpsons's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Rate & review: Family Guy - The Movement

Peter starts coaching for Quahog's minor league baseball team and gets constipated when the national anthem starts playing. To his surprise, he becomes a symbol for racial justice. This being Peter Griffin, he of course takes advantage of this as much as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by scully apologist;bt39949
    "KONY 2012"

Remember Me As I Was 1010011010's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Liked Brian having to move out again and the Cleveland Show jab.

2/5
    Just because I'm stupider than them, they think they're smarter than me!
    Simpsons Season 27 Ratings:
    Every Man's Dream-4.8/10 Cue Detective-6/10 Puffless-7/10 Halloween of Horror-8.4/10 Treehouse of Horror XXVI-(4.5, 5, 3.5) 4.25/10 Friend With Benefit-5/10 Lisa With An 'S'-5.5/10 Paths of Glory--/10 Barthood--/10 The Girl Code--/10 Teenage Mutant Milk-Caused Hurdles--/10 Much Apu About Something--/10 Gal of Constant Sorrow--/10 Love Is in the N2-O2-Ar-CO2-Ne-He-CH4--/10 Lisa the Veterinarian--/10 The Marge-ian Chronicles--/10 The Burns Cage--/10 How Lisa Got Her Marge Back--/10 Fland Canyon--/10 Simprovised--/10 To Courier With Love--/10 Orange is the New Yellow--/10
    Futurama Season 7B Ratings:
    2-D Blacktop-7.5/10 Fry and Leela's Big Fling-7.9/10 T.: The Terrestrial-8.2/10 Forty Percent Leadbelly-6.8/10 The Inhuman Torch-8.4/10 Saturday Morning Fun Pit-(9, 7, 8.5) 8.2/10 Calculon 2.0-8.7/10 Assie Come Home-8.5/10 Leela and the Genestalk-7.2/10 Game of Tones-9.2/10 Murder on The Planet Express-9/10 Stench and Stenchibility-8.5/10 Meanwhile-9.5/10
    Jumping the Shark since 1998...
    Alternate Ending Winner of NHC Survivor Season 1

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 1010011010 View Post
    Liked Brian having to move out again and the Cleveland Show jab.

2/5
    What about the Simpsons and American Dad gag?

Remember Me As I Was 1010011010's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Simpsons one was good. American Dad one was okay.

Wow, how fucking boring was this!

It's very ironic that they brought up AD! in this episode because for all the times where I've said that a modern AD! episode feels like a rejected script from FG, this time around it felt like this show took a rejected script from that one and the only real effort they put into it was modifying it so that it wasn't as terrible as it would've been had it stayed as the AD! episode.

Outside of that though, it has the usual trademarks of a classic bad episode for that show such as the "Best" it could be being that it bores me to the point of wanting to fall asleep and a "Twist" that just comes right the fuck out of nowhere (Waquahog) and is laughably dated as the Pennywise reference from The Mural of the Story! The only things missing are having at least one forced "Shit!" and a line or two about blowjobs or something similar as a lame attempt to prove how "Edgy" the show is now.

And as an FG episode, there's nothing else to say other than also having many of it's usual touchstones to make for a wildly mediocre episode such as elongated gags and a new awful "Joke" every thirty seconds to a minute (such as the birds getting crushed by the escalator).

.5/5

Not as bad as Connie's Celica, but not worth watching unless you're an insomniac who needs an excuse to fall asleep!
    Family Guy Season 18 Ratings - Yacht Rocky: 1.5/5 Bri-Da: 2.5/5 Absolutely Babulous: 1.5/5 Disney's The Reboot: 1.5/5 Cat Fight: 1.5/5 Peter & Lois' Wedding: .5/5 Heart Burn: 1.5/5 Shanksgiving: .5/5 Christmas is Coming: 2/5 Connie's Celica: 0/5 Short Cuts: 2/5 Undergrounded: 1.5/5 Rich Old Stewie: 3.5/5 The Movement: .5/5 Baby Stewie: 0/5 Start Me Up: 1/5 Coma Guy: 1/5 Better Off Meg: .5/5 Holy Bibble: 0/5 Movin' In (Principal Shepherd's Song): 0/5
    American Dad! Season 16 Ratings - 100 Years a Solid Fool: 0/5 A Starboy is Born: 1/5 Tapped Out: 0/5 Brave N00b World: 0/5 Into the Woods: 0/5 One Fish, Two Fish: 1.5/5 Roger Needs Dick: 0/5 Exquisite Corpses: TBD

The part that made me laugh the most was Brian tweeting and having to move out again. I also liked John Wilkes Photo Booth Griffin, the Oakleys gag, and the first part of Peter's commercial before it got all violent and weird. I also like the idea of the Hamster Dance being played at sports games in place of the national anthem (and Meg's terrible AD song was pretty funny). But like all new Family Guy, a lot of the jokes didn't work and the plot didn't really have much structure, but it made me laugh a decent amount. 3/5

(Also, it was diarrhea not constipation).
    Get woke, go broke

I'm always uneasy whenever this show tries taking on social issues because a lot of the time, it ends up being a catastrophe ("Trump Guy" was something that actually happened), so I was surprised by how much they managed to handle this one. This could have easily went left, but the show made it clear where it stands on the issue and did it in a way that didn't make the issue feel cheap. This episode felt like a shot at people who didn't get what the anthem protests were about, and for a show like Family Guy to take that shot, I guess it means they actually understood what they were going for.

There were some good jokes here too. Brian having to move again was excellent, along with the Nike commercial because of how stupid and ridiculous it was. I don't like when the show does long gags most of the time because they're repetitive and the only joke is that they're repetitive. When they do extended jokes that escalate into increased weirdness, they always nail them. I also liked Meg being on American Dad, but at this point, why not do a crossover with them? It has to be a lot easier to set up than the one with The Simpsons, and they can make a lot of fourth wall jokes about how both shows are compared to each other in the real world. It's just weird because American Dad always gets brought up as "that other show," but with the tables turned, Family Guy is barely acknowledged.

Also, if WaQuahog was supposed to be secret, and Peter was the only white person who knew about it, then why were they at the game? Wouldn't they be exposing themselves and their civilization, putting it in danger of being destroyed? I don't know, maybe I missed something. 3/5

Moe is their leader. Captain_Smiley's Avatar

1) Wow. Jokes about Seinfeld two weeks in a row. Shame it wasn't a Puddy episode.

2) Those few minutes of American Dad is the newest we'll be seeing of American Dad for awhile.

@Captain_Smiley, AD! will actually be returning sometime next month.

Junior Camper

Damn it. I don't really keep up with Family Guy, but I watched this one for AD. Waited all episode to see Stan and Roger and was left thoroughly disappointed. Felt like a ploy for ratings, especially with Homer thrown in too (they should just do an actual FG/AD crossover already, I'm sure that would draw in viewers). It was reference for reference sake, nothing funny or interesting, and they already parodied the AD intro with Joe several years ago. I've noticed that whenever FG references AD they usually just comment on how it's got a gay alien and a fish, as if they know nothing about the actual show, despite (I believe) working in the same building as them. Even modern AD is so much better than FG. Fox cancelled the wrong MacFarlane show.

Rest of the episode was meh. I could comment on the activism or Waqahog but I don't feel strongly about them (although it's several years too late for a Black Panther parody). Also wish they'd stop shitting on TCS and Bob's Burgers - considering the state of their own show FG is in no position to fling mud.

Pin Pal

This was really disappointing! The only funny things I liked was Homers' cameo and Brian leaving again. The AD cameos were a complete waste and unfunny and just more Meg bashing. I agree that Family Guy shouldn't do serious issues because they bomb big time. Meg telling everybody off and Quagmires' sister who was abused are good examples. They end up being trash and have bad messages. Also, they don't keep up with current events or wait a few years too late. The Black Panther parody was a little late and I hated the Nike commercial. I hated Peter being a sociopath but I'm glad he got the chair. I give it a 1.5.

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sideshow ken View Post
    This was really disappointing! The only funny things I liked was Homers' cameo and Brian leaving again. The AD cameos were a complete waste and unfunny and just more Meg bashing. I agree that Family Guy shouldn't do serious issues because they bomb big time. Meg telling everybody off and Quagmires' sister who was abused are good examples. They end up being trash and have bad messages. Also, they don't keep up with current events or wait a few years too late. The Black Panther parody was a little late and I hated the Nike commercial. I hated Peter being a sociopath but I'm glad he got the chair. I give it a 1.5.
    The Nike joke and Brian having to move out again were so funny.

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

Here's Phil Payton's review on it.

Thread Information