View Poll Results: Did this episode make the cut!

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5/5: Best haircut I've seen since Cindy Williams

0 0%
  • 4/5: Hairy good job

1 20.00%
  • 3/5: Okay hairstyle, maybe not star quality though

1 20.00%
  • 2/5: I don't think I want to inhairit this episode

2 40.00%
  • 1/5: "You didn't have to cuuuuuut it off!"

1 20.00%

Thread: Rate & review: Family Guy - Short Cuts

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

My brain... OldSchoolerSimpsons's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Rate & review: Family Guy - Short Cuts

Brian unintentionally becomes a local hero. An old street pal turned successful millionaire gets in touch with him and convinces Brian to get neutered.
    Meanwhile, despite Peter's protests, Lois gets a pixie haircut.

Quote Originally Posted by scully apologist;bt39949
    "KONY 2012"

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

I missed a few episodes this season due to cutting the cord (I'm poor at the moment), but I finally watched a new episode live for the first time since Cat Fight, via livestream.

Anyway, this was a harmless episode. I thought it was going to be another one of those Brian is a dick episode, but it turns out George (forgot his last name) AKA The Shredder was the bad guy (hence why he share the same nickname with a villain from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles). While the A plot was okay, I find myself more interested and entertained with the B plot where Peter and Lois had a hair war. 8/10
    Simpsons: 4 > 6 = 7 > 5 > 3 > 8 > 2 > 14 > 15 > 13 = 10 > 9 > 16 > 20 > 1 > 24 = 21 > 26 > 22 = 25 > 23 > 19 = 27 > 18 = 28 > 12 > 11 > 17 = 29

Family Guy: 4 > 3 > 2 > 1 > 5 = 6 > 15 > 16 > 10 > 14 > > 7 = 11 = 9 > 8 > 12 = 13

American Dad: 4 > 3 > 2 > 1 > 6 > 5 > 8 > 9 > 7 = 11 > 10 > 13 (so far) > 12

The Cleveland Show: 2 > 1 > 4 > 3

Futurama: 5 > 4 = 1 > 2 = 3 > 7 > 6

Rick and Morty: 2 > 1 > 3

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fas1997 View Post
    I missed a few episodes this season due to cutting the cord (I'm poor at the moment), but I finally watched a new episode live for the first time since Cat Fight, via livestream.

Anyway, this was a harmless episode. I thought it was going to be another one of those Brian is a dick episode, but it turns out George (forgot his last name) AKA The Shredder was the bad guy (hence why he share the same nickname with a villain from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles). While the A plot was okay, I find myself more interested and entertained with the B plot where Peter and Lois had a hair war. 8/10
    Fox is antennae you don’t need cable to watch. Seems you liked this one a lot more than I did. I can only give this a C since I was lost between the stories.

Hercules Rockefeller Homer Samson's Avatar

This episode.... existed. 2.5/5

Yeah, it was alright. Subplot was better than the main one which felt like a backhanded example of another fucking "Brian sucks, and here's why!" plot.

2/5
    Family Guy Season 18 Ratings - Yacht Rocky: 1.5/5 Bri-Da: 2.5/5 Absolutely Babulous: 1.5/5 Disney's The Reboot: 1.5/5 Cat Fight: 1.5/5 Peter & Lois' Wedding: .5/5 Heart Burn: 1.5/5 Shanksgiving: .5/5 Christmas is Coming: 2/5 Connie's Celica: 0/5 Short Cuts: 2/5 Undergrounded: 1.5/5 Rich Old Stewie: 3.5/5 The Movement: .5/5 Baby Stewie: 0/5 Start Me Up: 1/5 Coma Guy: 1/5 Better Off Meg: .5/5 Holy Bibble: 0/5 Movin' In (Principal Shepherd's Song): 0/5
    American Dad! Season 16 Ratings - 100 Years a Solid Fool: 0/5 A Starboy is Born: 1/5 Tapped Out: 0/5 Brave N00b World: 0/5 Into the Woods: 0/5 One Fish, Two Fish: 1.5/5 Exquisite Corpses: 2/5 Trophy Wife, Trophy Life: 1.5/5 Game Night: 2/5 American Data?: 0/5 Salute Your Sllort: 0/5 Ghost Dad: TBD Men II Boyz: TBD First, Do No Farm: TBD Roger Needs Dick: 0/5

Mmmmmmmm, floor pie

Quote Originally Posted by orangemo View Post
    Fox is antennae you don’t need cable to watch.
    There are places where a Fox station cannot be picked up by an antenna. I live in one of them.

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

That’s true I hope you have a cable subscription or Hulu to watch then

This episode was a lot better than the last one. At least here, they had actual jokes. Surprisingly, I think Peter and Lois stole the show with their subplot. It was a classic sitcom story and I'm glad they just kept trying to top each other with the ridiculousness, instead of making it where Peter goes too far and has to accept Lois' new haircut.

The Brian story feels like a retread of past episodes. I know Brian is a pretentious loser that has nothing going for him, but is that the only story they can tell with him? They need to just write an episode where he finally makes peace with who he is and gives up on trying to be an intellectual. One of the worst scenes in the episode is when Stewie reveals how he was able to find out Shredder's plan. First of all, why would Stewie go through all of Shredder's books just to look for some evidence that he's deceiving Brian? And even if he said he wasn't neutered, why have him say that his master plan was to get Brian neutered years later? It makes Shredder look pathetic and Brian look like an idiot that hates reading. I feel like they could have gotten more emotion out of this story, or have Stewie distrust Shredder from the beginning while Brian takes his word as gospel because he's trying to not only make up for abandoning him, but conquer his own shortcomings. 3/5

Pin Pal

I didn't like the hair cut Lois got but the subplot was better than the main one. It is just another Brian being a loser episode we've seen before a million times. The subplot at least had humor that kept going. This gets a 2.

10. Thumbs Up To This Post by: orangemo

Apkafe

Thread Information