Thread: How much official promotional art is out there?

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

How much official promotional art is out there?

This is something I've never really seen talked about/archived often, but it seems like there's an endless amount of official images drawn for individual episodes , the family in general, specific characters or for promotional/merch purposes, and some FAR more common than others (which are rare and obscure); surely it's gotta be somewhere in the thousands by now, over the past 30+ years?

Kinda interesting to me that all this art gets drawn constantly and the actual artists themselves never really see any credit, always having the Matt Groening signature on them. Has all this stuff ever actually been chronicled?

i dont think ive ever gone looking for this stuff specifically and im pretty damn sure that nobody online has actually gone into depth about classic/zombie simpsons promo art but theres a fuckton of it and it almost always has that goddamn groening signature on it. i assume they just get some random animator or an intern or whoever the fuck to crank this shit out whenever they have to

in fact while thinking of random ass promo art, this photo of hutz came to mind since as far as i know its the only hd art ever done of him and until now i had absolutely no idea where the fuck it came from. wikisimpsons says its an official(!) image from simpsonsworld.com... which has now been shut down and replaced with a disney+ ad. this particular piece hasnt been lost per se but it makes me wonder how much promo art like this has been fucking buried over the years

if anyone has weird obscure classic simpsons promo art then dump it in this thread or hit me up. i love old useless 90s shit

I think some fan sites can come to answer this question. Here’s Simpson Crazy’s gallery, where most of the old episodes’ promos are really old gifs and it only goes up to the start of Season 18.
    http://simpsoncrazy.com/promo
    Wikisimpsons is also a good resource, but you’ll have to check the category pages, since the list page only has Seasons 1-8 and 23-25.
    https://simpsonswiki.com/wiki/Catego...romotional_art
    What’s interesting to me is that they’ve heavily cut back on original promo art since then. I guess framegrabs look safe and marketable enough these days.

The Last Exit to Springfield (it's on Web Links on NHC) site has almost all revealed promo cards (however, only until season 21)
    IMHO the best and the worst episodes of each season (in bold — the best and worst of overall series, upd. 10/01/20 with trilogy episodes):
    1. There’s No Disgrace Like Home/Homer’s Night Out 2. Old Money/Simpson and Delilah 3. Mr. Lisa Goes to Washington/Homer Alone 4. Homer’s Triple Bypass/Marge in Chains 5. Secrets of a Successful Marriage/Homer and Apu 6. Two Dozen and One Greyhounds/A Star Is Burns 7. Home Sweet Homediddly-Dum-Doodily/Treehouse of Horror VI 8. My Sister, My Sitter/The Simpsons Spin-Off Showcase 9. Miracle on Evergreen Terrace/The Principal and the Pauper 10. Wild Barts Can’t Be Broken/Simpsons Bible Stories 11. Days of Wine and D’oh’ses/Bart to the Future 12. Homer vs. Dignity/New Kids on the Blecch 13. Poppa’s Got a Brand New Badge/Weekend at Burnsie’s 14. Moe Baby Blues/Brake My Wife, Please 15. Fraudcast News/Co-Dependent’s Day 16. Sleeping with the Enemy/Future-Drama 17. Bonfire of the Manatees/Kiss Kiss, Bang Bangalore 18. The Wife Aquatic/Revenge Is a Dish Best Served Three Times 19. Eternal Moonshine of the Simpson Mind/Smoke on the Daughter 20. Coming to Homerica/Four Great Women and a Manicure 21. Chief of Hearts/Treehouse of Horror XX 22. The Ned-Liest Catch/Elementary School Musical 23. A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again/Moe Goes from Rags to Riches 24. Hardly Kirk-ing/Love is a Many-Splintered Thing 25. Brick Like Me/What to Expect When Bart’s Expecting 26. Sky Police/Treehouse of Horror XXV 27. Halloween of Horror/Treehouse of Horror XXVI 28. 22 for 30/Havana Wild Weekend 29. Flanders’ Ladder/Springfield Splendor 30. Baby You Can’t Drive My Car/The Clown Stays in the Picture
    The Simpsons season ratings:
    2 > 3 > 7 > 6 > 1 > 4 > 5 > 8 > 9 > 21 > 27 > 12 > 15 > 20 > 10 > 14 > 19 > 25 > 17 > 29 > 26 > 24 > 13 > 18 > 16 > 28 > 30 > 11 > 23 > 22

I think that thoughts may differ, because so many people, so many opinions.

Thread Information