Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Movies/TV shows you've never completed

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

Movies/TV shows you've never completed

This is a thread about media you've partially consumed, and basically abandoned with no plans to continue watching it anytime soon. Or maybe the possibility is there but you haven't gotten to it yet.

For TV shows, I've seen the first season of the Street Fighter cartoon, and the first six (of ten) of Everything Sucks! Both of these I watched last year, but I don't have any incentive to watch them. Not because I don't like them or anything, I just got lazy.

I've briefly delved into watching Fraiser (2018) and The Big Bang Theory (2016), but I never got past the first 11 for the former and eps. 1, 2, 4 for the latter. Same with Star Trek, I stopped watching after episode 16. (2016) Likewise, I've seen the first 4 episodes of The Ambition of Oda Nobuna in 2016/17, but I've never finished all 12 episodes.

I tried watching The Jazz Singer (1927) about two years ago, but the copy I had gotten from the library was scratched, so I only saw the first 50 minutes. Same with Star Wars Ep. 4 a few years ago, except I only ended up seeing the first half-hour.
    Insert signature here

Blog Entries

I watched the first eight seasons or so of The Big Bang Theory. It became pretty bad, though, so I stopped.
    Favorite and least favorite by season
    1. Krusty Gets Busted There’s No Disgrace Like Home 2. Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3. Homer at the Bat Like Father, Like Clown 4. Brother From the Same Planet Krusty Gets Kancelled 5. Cape Feare Lady Bouvier’s Lover 6. Homer Badman Another Simpsons Clip Show 7. King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8. Homer’s Enemy El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer 9. Bart Carny The Trouble With Trillions 10. Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: “Kidney Trouble” 11. Guess Who’s Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12. HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13. Tales From the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14. The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15. I, Annoyed Grunt)-bot Bart-Mangled Banner 16. A Star is Torn On a Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister 17. My Fair Laddy Bonfire of the Manatees 18. The Haw-Hawed Couple You Kent Always Say What You Want 19. Funeral for a Fiend All About Lisa 20. Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21. The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22. Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23. The Falcon and the D’ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24. Hardly Kirk-ing Moonshine River 25. The War of Art What to Expect When Bart’s Expecting 26. Sky Police Let’s Go Fly a Coot 27. Halloween of Horror Lisa With an ‘S’ 28. There Will Be Buds Moho House 29. Springfield Splendor Throw Grampa From the Dane

Blog Entries

I watched the first 8 episodes of The Americans before stopping. It was really good but time just got away from me to the point I figured it would be unfair for the show's sake to just pick up where I left off without starting from the beginning. I'm definitely meaning to watch again soon now that I have an Amazon account.

Also wanted to give Hill Street Blues a shot since it's had such a significant influence on dramas today. I got about 6 episodes in before I dropped it. I see why it's great and I can tell it's going to get better, but again, it just got away from me.

Deep Frier of Shirts BlueRibbonCommittee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Louie - The quality has nothing to do with it, but I want nothing to do with Louis CK anymore.

withered gas station rose Bart's treehouse's Avatar

The Simpsons

6. Thumbs Up To This Post by: CrumbBum

Blog Entries

Why in the world did you edit my quote to put something about slot machines in the middle?

I watched qty. 1 episode of Breaking Bad
    facebook / twitter / tumblr
    round and round let the city turn party in the hills we can party in the burbs roof on fire let it burn champagne in my hand I'm not concerned

Blog Entries

I hear that a lot more from people than you would expect. Breaking Bad, personally, is the one rare drama where I was hooked instantly and ready to consume it all. Every other great drama I needed to take time away from after watching their pilot (The Sopranos, Mad Men, The Wire) before truly deciding to go forward with it.

I feel like the cold open of Walt frantically driving the RV through the desert was exactly what I was craving from a drama though. Basically just a protagonist who has their back up against a wall and is forced to wade through an absolute mess while the show focuses on every little detail and beat of his choices, experiences, and progression. Like a tight, linear, "corridor shooter" of TV storytelling. No show has ever done that the way Breaking Bad does and that's what I wanted from a show at the time. Plus Bryan Cranston and his performance was the icing on the cake. It's a show that writes itself into corners and then proceeds in bold, clever, and interesting ways.

I have friends who couldn't really stomach Breaking Bad and stopped finishing early on (It can be overwhelming and dark), but they did find Better Call Saul to be the smoother entry level show to get on board with. It carries the same attributes I admire from its predecessor except the tone is less grim, more easy-going, and the series as a whole in my opinion, is a bit richer. Both great shows though.

I highly doubt it is too dark for me given the types of shows I already watch, but let's just say people have set the bar for this show annoyingly high.

wasn't one of drew's laughably bad rap song just summarizing the plot of breaking bad? kind of illustrates one of my main issues with the show and that's that 80% of its fan base are complete morons, and the show seemed to actively cater to them

lmfao (edit: breaking bad spoilers, i guess)
    Lyrics:
    Breaking Bad Rap
    By Karanastic (prod. by Mutiny)

Hey students, listen up I'm here to teach you chemistry
    Live like me - science is a necessity
    Use it in a bunch of ways when I gotta kill my enemies
    Threaten my livelihood then you're gonna pay a penalty
    See the flame change colors on my bunts and burner
    Before i turned 50 i never imagined murder
    Had no choice, yeah I had to advance further
    working at the car wash get yelled at by the man
    on my own birthday but i do it for my fam
    but it's all really worth it for that birthday bacon
    One day I'm working then collapsing
    coughing up a storm and I cant stop hacking
    Doc said I got cancer, how did that happen?
    That is what got me turning into this man
    I'll say the same thing I said to Declan

[breaking bad sample]
    Walt: now, say my name
    Declan: Heisenberg
    Walt: You're goddamn right

Yeah bitch you goddamn right, to family I'm Walter White
    to everybody else I'm a legend who is out of sight
    I'm a burglar who be stealing methylamine at night
    Breaking through the locks with my home-made batch of thermite
    Gotta get more money gotta get more dollars for my ice
    Risk gotta be worth the price
    I'm dealing with a man always sniffing on a bowie knife
    Never did he see a cook who made a batch up so precise
    Me and my partner make it right

I'll be the top chef, I'll do the thinking
    You be my assistant Mr. Pinkman
    Make it really pure we wont need any chili P
    I'll be your mentor and I'll teach you the recipe
    Head up to the desert and we'll grab an RV
    I know its Albuquerque but we'll make it icy
    Kill Krazy-8 and we'll make a nice team
    Put his ass up in acid drip like melted ice cream

This meth empire I am going to monopolize
    Had to tell a lot of lies
    Went from being pitied to respected and despised
    Every situation, had it analyzed
    Stayed 2 steps ahead you kept 3 back
    You know its fucking trouble got my pork pie cap
    Gretchen and Elliot, I'm not a poor sap
    2 best hit men, we'll have the last laugh
    Better give my son this cash

Open door and get shot? Bitch I'm the one who knocks
    Poisoning that kid Brock
    Lydia with Stevia
    Sorry Mike, had to get rid of ya
    Jane and her vomit no it wasn't any prettier
    Found myself in trouble then I better call Saul
    criminal lawyer on my fucking pay roll
    Ted Beneke living real painful
    and this stupid fucking fly got me real anal

[breaking bad sample]
    Hank: I don't know who you are, I don't even know who I'm talking to
    Walt: If that's true, if you don't know who I am, then maybe your best course would be to tread lightly.
    Walt: You're goddamn right.

Got a lof of respect for Drug Enforcement Agent Schroder
    Polar opposite of my Heisenberg persona
    Got his office tapped with a mic behind a picture frame
    came a long way from staring at a mustard stain
    to running people over
    to stealing from a freight train
    Having Tio Salamanca blow up Gus Fring
    Gotta keep hustling do one last thing
    Go to the Granite State go into hiding

Went and freed Jesse, yes I went an built a robot
    Gonna see a M60 when that trunk pop
    Go and chock Todd make that mother fuckers heart stop
    Never gonna catch me gonna die before i see the cops
    Said my goodbyes and I made all my amends
    t the meth lab with my only true friends
    Check on the equipment one final time again
    Been one hell of a ride from beginning to the end
    "bunts and burner" hahahha

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kupomog View Post
    I highly doubt it is too dark for me given the types of shows I already watch, but let's just say people have set the bar for this show annoyingly high.
    Ah right, I remember Six Feet Under being one of your favorites. But yeah, I'm just saying Better Call Saul is probably the more fun show (that can be dark too) and actually the better of the two regardless. And nobody really over-hypes it as much as Breaking Bad except for obsessives like me but I'm in a minority.

@box elder I'm seeing El Camino in a theater near me with a friend and we're hoping the rest of audience surrounding us aren't the 80% lol. I'm just imagining some guy in the back: "Say 'bitch' already!"

14. Thumbs Up To This Post by: box elder

I also started watching The Big Bang Theory I think I am 6 or 7 episodes in. I like it fine, but, like you said, laziness takes over.

last 2 seasons of Smallville
    season 5 of earth the final conflict
    last 3 seasons of angel I need to view
    not watched fear the walking dead but seen walking dead

Joe Swanson ©tormented OldSchoolerSimpsons's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If you discount shows I haven't finished but actively am watching...

The Walking Dead. It's been years since I finished the first two seasons my dad gave me as a birthday present and still haven't seen any more. I've both gotten way too spoiled by now to really get in the mood for watching more of it, plus I hear it suffered a massive decline (with many citing season 7 and 8 as the absolute rock bottom). We'll see what happens. I do want to know about what happens to Merle.

Crossing Jordan. It's been what, maybe 5 years since I bought the first season? And I'm still on it. I'm slower than Emperor Palpatine's speech pattern.

13 Reasons Why. Saw the first two episodes. They were good, but for some reason I don't feel like watching more of it. Maybe it's a case of it being too downery of a show. Which, speaking of...

Black Mirror. Kinda the same case here. It does look better than 13 Reasons Why from the two episodes I've seen, but Jesus did White Bear make me feel angsty and uncomfortable. Is that something I want to experience every time I watch the show? I don't know.

The Simpsons. This is definitely intentional. Since I've basically stopped watching it completely, of course I have episodes I (mostly) dread left.
    Last edited by OldSchoolerSimpsons; 10-13-2019 at 02:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by scully apologist;bt39949
    "KONY 2012"

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

Allen Gregory (when it was new) was the first show I dropped and and the critics and I knew it was going to bomb.
    Simpsons: 4 > 6 = 7 > 5 > 3 > 8 > 2 > 14 > 15 > 13 = 10 > 9 > 16 > 20 > 1 > 24 = 21 > 26 > 22 = 25 > 23 > 19 = 27 > 18 = 28 > 12 > 11 > 17 = 29

Family Guy: 4 > 3 > 2 > 1 > 5 = 6 > 15 > 16 > 10 > 14 > > 7 = 11 = 9 > 8 > 12 = 13

American Dad: 4 > 3 > 2 > 1 > 6 > 5 > 8 > 9 > 7 = 11 > 10 > 13 (so far) > 12

The Cleveland Show: 2 > 1 > 4 > 3

Futurama: 5 > 4 = 1 > 2 = 3 > 7 > 6

Rick and Morty: 2 > 1 > 3

Deep Frier of Shirts BlueRibbonCommittee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Fargo. Just can't get into Season 2.

The Man in the High Castle

I saw the first season, thought it was interesting, if also convoluted and difficult to follow, then I read the book and thought it was brilliant (and very different from the TV show) and lost all interest in the show. Now it's been so long that if I ever did want to see it, I would have to start over with the first season. It's possible that I may do that, but the reviews I've read of the subsequent seasons haven't provided much motive to try and get into it again.
    Last edited by Nitsy; 10-22-2019 at 07:04 PM.
    Get woke, go broke

Quote Originally Posted by lionelhutz123 View Post
    I hear that a lot more from people than you would expect. Breaking Bad, personally, is the one rare drama where I was hooked instantly and ready to consume it all.
    I wanted to watch it with a group of people but I think the show is too long for that. I watched the pilot with them and getting every one together becomes a hassle. I feel guilty about moving on without them, but it's such a big show I don't really want to wait any longer.

fan fatale of Takena Nagao jal90's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Let's see...

First season of Lost. I was totally invested, about to even get up to date (it was airing at the time). And then I just kept postponing.

First seven episodes of Game of thrones. Looked cool. I never watched further. I was living abroad at the time and these were the only episodes I had downloaded.

First three episodes of Breaking Bad, due to my friend's insistence. I liked them. But they were like 55 minutes long and I've grown lazy.

First 21 seasons of The Simpsons... I mean, who can blame me?

First 4-5 seasons of Futurama. I watched the original run, loved it, the movies, liked them, and then somehow I didn't have the energy for the two remaining seasons.

First season of South Park. I wanted to watch the whole show in chronological order (and I still kind of want to) but my low energy with series striked again.

FIrst three episodes of Steven Universe. They were short, but so nothing special I just didn't find the mood. I'll be picking the show up soon though.

First episode of The Big Bang Theory. It had a laugh track, indeed. That much I know.

A quite big list in anime of stuff I do want to complete but I couldn't at the time, for reasons. 2 episodes of Bakemonogatari, 10 of Fullmetal Alchemist, 6 of Chobits, 15 of Naruto, 18 of Jojo's Diamond season, 9 of Nodame Cantabile, 7 of Yuasa's Ping Pong (and, uh, I love Yuasa)....

Not many examples with movies but I have one that I can recall. Last year at Marienbad. I watched the first 30 minutes long ago. I was in a sleepy mood, I couldn't focus and the non-linear narrative didn't help. This is one I should have watched already, but I don't know how, I'm still not coming back.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheDuffBlimp View Post
    I wanted to watch it with a group of people but I think the show is too long for that. I watched the pilot with them and getting every one together becomes a hassle. I feel guilty about moving on without them, but it's such a big show I don't really want to wait any longer.
    I've never been able to watch a show successfully all the way through with a group due to scheduling reasons too. The best you can hope for is with one person which I managed to do with a good friend of mine. Even then though, I've watched the show multiple times through on my own.

I've never seen all the episodes of the first 8 seasons of Scrubs so I need to go watch them as I've really enjoyed the show since re watching some episodes as an adult. But I didn't really like Season 9 when it aired because of the new characters and the scrapping of the closing theme so I won't be watching that again. I also hate 99% of TV spin-offs, so I won't be watching the Interns season either!

Blog Entries

The Simpsons- stopped watching regularly during season 23. Trying to play catch up because there are still occasionally good episodes, but it's a chore some of the time.

Weeds- I've seen the first season but couldn't really get all that into it.

Dexter- I got about halfway done with season 6 before losing interest. Seems i dodged a bullet because I've heard of the ending and... Yea no regrets here.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitsy View Post
    The Man in the High Castle

I saw the first season, thought it was interesting, if also convoluted and difficult to follow, then I read the book and thought it was brilliant (and very different from the TV show) and lost all interest in the show. Now it's been so long that if I ever did want to see it, I would have to start over with the first season. It's possible that I may do that, but the reviews I've read of the subsequent seasons haven't provided much motive to try and get into it again.
    same. i think i tend to forget amazon prime exists from time to time and then when i remember i was watching a show it has been so long i have little interest to pick it back up. same thing happened with "read oaks."

plus, i dunno, "what if nazis were running the US?" is not really something that's as enticing as it was 5 years ago

1. I started watching "I-Land" on Netflix, but after 4 episodes, I'm done. Started cool on a desert island and then got weird.

2. Got halfway through the final season of Daredevil several months ago but got sidetracked. It was good so I need to finish it eventually.

3. The Walking Dead. I've started and stopped this series quiet a few times but don't really have a desire to continue. Can never remember where I left off.
    You can't prove it won't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by lionelhutz123 View Post
    The best you can hope for is with one person which I managed to do with a good friend of mine.
    I'm doing that with Full Metal Alchemist/Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood. We watch more episodes each time I go over to his house.
    What I'm trying to do with Breaking Bad is probably a lost cause, unfortunately. Good to see other people making something work though.

Big Bang Theory, Lucifer, and How to Get Away with Murder.

I also never finished watching Malcolm In The Middle. I kinda lost interest when Malcolm went to high school and it became more of a teen drama series, but maybe some of the craziness and hilarity of the first few seasons was retained in the later seasons, so I'll give them a chance eventually

I started watching Sonic X back in 2004, and I still have a few episodes left. And the thing is, I've never really decided to stop watching it entirely, it's just that there is always several months between me watching an episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangdos View Post
    I started watching Sonic X back in 2004, and I still have a few episodes left. And the thing is, I've never really decided to stop watching it entirely, it's just that there is always several months between me watching an episode.
    Someone's gotta tell you this. Gotta watch faster, faster, faster, faster Sonic X!

Thread Information