0 0%
  • Could have been better 2/5

0 0%
  • That was dissapointing 1/5

1 33.33%
    Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

Rate & Review Bless the Harts Season 1 Finale “Tying the Not”

Summary: Jenny and Wayne get into an argument. Betty tries to solve a mystery about Crystalynn.

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

So to be honest I completely forgot to post my comments on this episode. I saw it 2 times already and it was pretty good both times. I think it was a bit slow and messy at the start, but once the episode hits Betty's subplot the episode excels and makes great use of the characters. Everyone gets to shine in this episode, which unlike previous episodes, is something I'd like to see in the second season. The pizza gag and laundry are solid setups to move into the story. And while the picking fights flashback scene is a bit confusing, Betty's subplot is enough to start the fun. I love the feud Betty has with Crystalynn feels like one of those old gramma fights that is pretty fun to watch. And Betty is a freaking genius I can't even deny how smart she is. It was funny when she drove to the prison to visit the dude to get Crystalynn to call out her mistake winning a pretty cool coat at the end. Appearing in people's houses before them had me laughing before they called it quits lmao.

Back to the main, I'll admit that Louise, Brenda, and Jesus talking to Jenny about Wayne was kind of a waste of time and I wanted to get right into the action. The episode has a fantastic LSD song like sequence which explains their argument really well. I did like the flashback scene and the hallucination Jenny had when everyone was jumping off the cliff made for some funny Jesus time and pop culture references (Seinfeld, etc). The ending is pretty sweet with Violet bonding them together. So overall, they didn't have to get married and they were fine the way they were, you know except for marriage tax breaks. But happiness beats money I guess.

Here marks the end of a decade where all Fox cartoons except Bob's Burgers failed. Bless the Harts is Fox's next potential success story. This is a lot more memorable to me than a recent Simpsons episode and it was pretty fun the whole way through. Aside from a few flaws and a confusing start, I had a blast watching this. A- or 4.5/5 (rounded up to 5 for the polls) Overall, i still wanted to see the last three episodes of season 1, but we will next fall anyways. I cannot wait for season 2. I hope season 2 will expand story into some recurring characters and Violet, she barely gets any screen time.

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

https://youtu.be/J0MRv49AICU

Here’s Phil’s review on it!

Pin Pal

This was a great season finale. I enjoyed the characters and both of their plots. The best one was Bettys'. Seeing how she outsmart Crystalynn by getting the prisoner out and bringing him along to get her to tell the truth was funny. The main plot was just perfect. Wayne and Jenny are a great couple and at this time they don't have to be married to be happy. Their love is natural and it's not forced and we believe that. I'm giving this a 5. I have high hopes for next season and we have more stories about the supporting characters and especially Violet. I like her.

5. Thumbs Up To This Post by: orangemo

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sideshow ken View Post
    This was a great season finale. I enjoyed the characters and both of their plots. The best one was Bettys'. Seeing how she outsmart Crystalynn by getting the prisoner out and bringing him along to get her to tell the truth was funny. The main plot was just perfect. Wayne and Jenny are a great couple and at this time they don't have to be married to be happy. Their love is natural and it's not forced and we believe that. I'm giving this a 5. I have high hopes for next season and we have more stories about the supporting characters and especially Violet. I like her.
    Glad I’m not the only one trying to talk about this show. It’s way better than modern Family Guy. How are you liking Duncanville?

And there will be another Halloween special “Dead Mall” as well so hoping that one is impressive. Supposedly from the title it will probably be a Halloween mall episode.

Also more Violet story as we will undercover a special secret of her’s in “Violet’s Secret”. I hope it’s about her hair. I remember in Myrtle Beach Memoirs there was a zoomed in picture of her having brown hair 2 years before that episode took place. In the flashback episode “Mega-lo-Memories”, they also show she has natural brown hair.

And I’m wondering if Don Reynolds will make an appearance in Season 2, because with Jenny’s flashback scene, we know she’s scared, but we don’t know why. It doesn’t suggest anything aside from her fears being “owned”, which I think maybe they could have implemented instead of the people saying she had a problem with marriage (except for Brenda’s the other two were kinda unnecessary, although I won’t lie I like Brenda getting the brain freeze and Jesus saying cringy stuff and then Jenny was like “Uh no.” was pretty funny), they could have shown flashbacks of Jenny and Don together. Hoping he appears he could be like a recurring antagonist or like Hugo/Bob rivalry or a Homer/Artie rivalry it would be a Don/Wayne rivalry. Jenny said Don was a “tool” in the finale and in the pilot (Can’t Get There from Here), she mentions that Don liked to irritate her and do things she was uncomfortable with; so it was clear she was the one who left him, as he enjoyed harassing her. Of course it wouldn’t fit the theme of the show as an episode like that could depress fans, it’s one of the reasons why Bob’s Burgers never dips itself into serious situations, but I’m hoping this show can so it can be about a family who wants to be happy, but putting them in more realistic situations (like Bojack where all the characters have consequences) is a lot more interesting to see where the episodes themselves can go. The world isn’t always a happy place. As we’ve seen before there’s quite a bit of continuity in this show, so I’m hoping they don’t contradict anything (even Bob’s Burgers has contradicted itself a few times) for season 2.

Upcoming episodes include:

The Last Supper (1BPJ11)
    The McEntire Truth (1BPJ12 or 1BPJ13)
    My Best Frenda (1BPJ12 or 1BPJ13)
    Violet’s Secret (2BPJ01)
    Dead Mall (2BPJ02; Halloween episode)
    Pound Pinchers (2BPJ03)
    Pumped (2BPJ04)
    Mega-lo-Memories: Part Deux (2BPJ05; Thanksgiving special)
    Last edited by orangemo; 03-31-2020 at 01:55 PM.

Pin Pal

I love Duncanville. It reminds me of The Simpsons from its' early years from the early 90s. What I like about it is that both parents work and the father is not Homer Simpson and Peter Griffin. Thank God. He is getting better. It also focuses' more on the title character and the mother is like Linda Belcher and I like that. It also doesn't try to get into social issues like Family Guy because when Family Guy tries that it fails. But I hope it gets better and the supporting characters are funny and charming. Now this is why we need more families like them and also the Belchers and the Harts.

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sideshow ken View Post
    I love Duncanville. It reminds me of The Simpsons from its' early years from the early 90s. What I like about it is that both parents work and the father is not Homer Simpson and Peter Griffin. Thank God. He is getting better. It also focuses' more on the title character and the mother is like Linda Belcher and I like that. It also doesn't try to get into social issues like Family Guy because when Family Guy tries that it fails. But I hope it gets better and the supporting characters are funny and charming. Now this is why we need more families like them and also the Belchers and the Harts.
    I still don't think Duncanville stands out on anything on it's own. It's not a bad show by any means, I do like it, but it doesn't stand out. At least Bless the Harts stands out by paying homage to King of the Hill, having a non-married family and a female lead character. Duncanville is too generic, and it is a little bland at times, but it's better than current Family Guy at least. I think Duncanvile's main problem is its identity crisis. There are certain episodes that feel like different shows resulting in an inconsistent tone throughout. I'll definitely give season 2 a watch as I enjoyed the first season for what it is. However, if it wants to keep going, it will need to find itself quickly, otherwise it will fail like Cleveland Show did, a show that took WAY too long to find its own vibe. Also, Duncanville's heart-to-heart attempts are terrible and they either need to take a lesson from the Harts or Bob's or just stop with the attempts. They're forced and desparate at best. Take Witch Day and then compare it to Mega-lo-Memories. There's heart-to-heart in both but obviously one of them does it much better than the other. But at least it's not like a Family Guy heart-to-heart.

I do think it has the comedy good. It just needs better stories and needs to find itself quickly.
    Simpsons S32 ratings: - "Undercover Burns" - 2/5

Bless the Harts S2 ratings: - "Violet's Secret" - 4.5/5

Bob's Burgers S11 ratings: - "Dream a Little Bob of Bob" - 3.5/5

Family Guy S19 ratings: - "Stewie's First Word" - 1/5

Thread Information