Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rating and Reviewing each episode of Rick and Morty.

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Meh 'Interdimensional Cable 2' is one of the weakest episodes. Maybe Bottom 3. Main plot was pretty dull, unfunny and kinda lazy repeat of 'Rixty Minutes' with nothing that really stood out or was any memorable; interdimensional cable should've just had one episode. Subplot about Jerry asked to donate his member to an alien politicial who needs it as a new heart, going back and forth on his decision & having a breakdown when it's too late was a decent concept but boy, it really didn't work and was too puerile and stupid, also turning Jerry into too much of a jerkass (and there's the unfunny shock humor climax with him shot to a bloody pulp while the family screams in horror, followed by him miraculously brought back to life). This one didn't work for me (wasting a spot of an 10 episode season on it feels like a mistake).

LOOK WHO'S PURGING NOW (S02E09)

Look Who's Purging Now is like my little gem of the show. I can understand why most people reject the concept and the development of this episode, but for me, it was great. TOP10 material easily, and with a high-rewatch-value. Maybe, the biggest highlight of this one is in animation. Awesome work from Dominic Polcino and his team. The animation is marvelous. Constant darkness created a great atmosphere for this atrocious episode, and fighting scenes felt almost real. And here is another polarizing point: this was gory, probably the goriest episode of the entire show, maybe excessively violent but, I don't know, I don't have problems with that. It was even funny how those peaceful beings turn out into murderers. Rick and Morty's role was kinda interesting. I loved how they were changing slowly their opinions about the festival, how Rick resulted in the blandest and how Morty was "infected" by the festival. Two characters gave special sustainment to the story: Arthrisha and that old man who does not participate in the festival. The girl was a wonderful character: she seems defenseless at the start, then she betrays Rick and Morty, then she is defenseless again against a thirsty-of-revenge Rick but it is revealed that she is not the antagonist of the story, just the heroine of her world. I loved that character. The other guy was kinda perverse. Yeah, he decided to not participate, and that's sane; but he acts almost like a maniac with Morty and he really gets that impression of a sociopath.
    4/5
    Last retrospective: Homer Defined (S03E05)

My project of rating and reviewing every episode of Rick and Morty (completed!)

My project of rating and reviewing every episode of BoJack Horseman (last episode: Later)

I too think that was a nice episode with a good take on the 'Purge' franchise (which I honestly don't care for). Plot about this very peaceful society turning rampaging murderers once a year was interesting and entertaining (despite it having been done before), the heavy violence and gore was justified and made sense (due to the parody angle) & some good scenes throughout. The girl was a decent character but her violent betrayal felt unnecessary and made her a little unlikeable. The ending with the "here we go again was predictable but I didn't really mind. Not one of my favorites but still not bad.

4. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Szyslak100

THE WEDDING SQUANCHERS (S02E10)

Well, another season finale. Definitely, the best of the three that closed their respective seasons, although that prize doesn't mean too much. This one brings back those characters presented in Ricksy Business and develops them a bit during the first half. The first minutes were about the Smiths relating with Rick's friends in the preview of Birdperson and Tammy's wedding: Squanchy and Beth converse about the meaning of the word "squanch", Jerry talking with a strange creature while Beth and Birdperson kept an interesting conversation about Rick's role as father and as a friend... Rick opens his heart to declare his appreciation to Birdperson... Until we suddenly discover that Tanny is an Agent of the Galactic Federation and Rick's friend is killed. The Smith family gets scape from the mess but they become in fugitives, and after a fun family discussion, it starts the best part of the episode: the family looking for a planet to live in. All three of them were hilarious: the planet of cobs that makes the family crazy, the planet of the noisy Sun with days of 42 hours, and the chosen by the family, similar to Earth but many times smaller. That idea allowed some hilarious gags, like the one with Morty playing with a Frisbee or Rick reaching the center of the planet. However, my favorite joke was Rick's quick tour of the world. Probably, one of the best montages from the show. I liked how Rick decided by himself to give him up and how humiliated Jerry in his declaration, and letting a window opened for the premiere of season 3.
    4/5

Nice season finale. I liked the wedding of Birdperson & Tammy and several characters from before returning & it all erupting into chaos once Tammy turns out to be an galactic agent and crashing the wedding with an atack froce was an interesting twist (though the killing of Birdperson felt unnecessary). The second half with the family going into hiding, hopping from weird world to weird world, was the best part with some good humor, dialogue and conflict. Fairly strong finale of Rick turning himself over to galactic authorities (under Jerry's identity). I also liked the post-credit scene of Poopybutthole breaking the fourth wall.
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 03-30-2020 at 01:58 AM.

Fun fact: "The Wedding Squanchers" wasn't supposed to end on a cliffhanger. It was going to end the season as a two-parter, but there was too much material to cover, so they shortened it to one episode, left the resolution for season three and made "Look Who's Purging Now" as a replacement.

I still think season two is the best season of Rick and Morty. The characters start receiving more depth, the comedy is consistently great throughout the season, and a lot of the episodes are ambitious and creative without trying too hard. It's interesting that the worst episodes in the season ("Get Schwifty" and "Interdimensional Cable 2") are the ones that cover old territory or don't have a lot of ambition. "Get Schwifty" is an episode you could see on another show, but "The Ricks Must Be Crazy" is an episode that you could never see on another show.

What makes season two the best season is it has balance, carrying every positive quality of the show that gives it the reputation it has. If I wanted someone to understand why people love Rick and Morty so much, I would show them this season first.
    Last edited by Dr. Nihilistic; 03-28-2020 at 05:23 PM.

8. Thumbs Up To This Post by: MDB, Szyslak100

I too would say that season 2 is the best one so far. It does have a couple of the worst of the series but is still fairly strong with some good stories and ideas (even if some aren't executed perfectly). I've seen a lot of voices saying that season 1 was the best (and maybe the only good one) but I disagree; season 2 was pretty much the perfect evolution of what came in the previous season and had some of the best stuff ('A Rickle In Time' and 'Total Rickall' are two of the best). Season 3 had some solid episodes and ideas too but was sort of a step-down in many areas.

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CousinMerl View Post
    I too would say that season 2 is the best one so far. It does have a couple of the worst of the series but is still fairly strong with some good stories and ideas (even if some aren't executed perfectly). I've seen a lot of voices saying that season 1 was the best (and maybe the only good one) but I disagree; season 2 was pretty much the perfect evolution of what came in the previous season and had some of the best stuff ('A Rickle In Time' and 'Total Rickall' are two of the best). Season 3 had some solid episodes and ideas too but was sort of a step-down in many areas.
    Season 3 fell flat near the second half. I found myself lost watching the finale.

When it is about the general performance about Rick and Morty's seasons, I don't see considerable changes to select one of them as the best of the show. The first three seasons has their merits: season one is the most respectful with the show's propose (Rick and Morty haveing weird adventures through the universe); season two is when the show reaches the most quantity of highlights; and season 3 is maybe the most consistent of them (it falls down a bit during the ending but the below-average episodes are not as bad). I think I'd pick season 2 as the best, although there is not a big difference between them.

THE RICKSHANK RICKDEMPTION (S03E01)

Cheers for the smartest, brightest, and most astute episode this show has ever done. What a way to start the third season. I so freakin' loved it. It is a mind-bending story where Rick is the rickest. Here, Rick affronts alone the two biggest enemies he has: the Galactic Federation and the Citadel. And as you can expect, Rick destroys both of them easily. The beginning was hilarious. I loved the McNuggets jokes, I loved all the interactions between Rick and the bug and, God forgive me, I loved all the gags about farts. Rick has a plan to hack Galactic's equipment fabricating a story and getting a body change with the insect. This idea was delicate because it needs a flawless execution to work, but fortunately, it was not a problem. There are some creative sequences of Rick exchanging bodies to cheat on everyone or seconds before the body he was using was executed. Rick teleported the Citadel into the galactic prison, starting off a real massacre between both sides while Rick quietly and coldly follows a fantastic plan to destroy all his opponents (and to save his grandchildren and become the de facto patriarch of the family) which were executed successfully, changing a one to a zero, collapsing the economy of the federation. I loved the callback to the first episode of the show at the ending. There are two little subplots about Summer and Morty visiting the universe Rick left in Rick Potion #9 (the scene where they dig the corpse up was impressively tense) and a handful of scenes about Jerry enjoying the standard and predictable world that the Earth became. This is the sort of episode that makes me love the show. It was so fantastic that I am still finding new details when I've probably watched it about ten times.
    5/5

So this thread is back? Neat.

Anyhow, this episode was indeed very solid. It had some nice twists, sequences and some nice humor (the recurring random Szechuan sauce gag I still think find quite funny, despite the crazed fans having taken it overboard). The aspect of the interrogating inside Rick's mind was handled well (the interactions with the alien were good), I liked the Citadel stuff & the 'Rick Potion #9' callback was a nice addition. The ending with the start of a new status quo was solid with Rick completing his convoluted plan to save the universe and become the big hero (essentially by manipulation) and letting his victory go to his head; his crazed monologue rant at the end remains one of my favorite moments. A strong start to the third season.

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

Season 2 is the best season of R&M.
    The Central, King of Harts, Burger-loving, American family guy.

CROSSING SWORDS SEASON 1 * PILOT 0/5 * EPISODE 2 0.5/5 * EPISODE 3 0/5 * EPISODE 4 0/5 * EPISODE 5 0/5 * EPISODE 6 0.5/5 * EPISODE 7 1/5

So this thread is back? Neat.
    It was actually a long break-off, I had started this review immediately after publishing my thoughts about the season 2's finale but I held it back due to the return of classes, to the exams, and to give priority to the other reviews I also try to cover (newest episodes of The Simpsons and the hindsight of The Simpsons in chronological order).

I didn't have an idea that Szechuan sauce gag was used for a meme. I've never crossed one of them in my timeline. What is that about?

The sauce gag apparently sort of became a meme when fans went crazy for it, demanded its return and even flocked to McDonalds for it (despite the sauce only having been used to promote one movie 20 years ago). Read about it here:

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/mcdon...szechuan-sauce

Hahaha what a story, thanks for sharing it. I wonder if it was a curious series of events or magistral publicity. People can behave rarely when they are influenced and Rick and Morty has a lot of impact.

Quote Originally Posted by Szyslak100 View Post
    I wonder if it was a curious series of events or magistral publicity.
    I'm leaning towards former as it doesn't feel so staged at all but actually quite geniune, even with all the craziness, but it certainly helped the publicity of the show. The story certainly proves two things: the show has had quite a bit of influence on pop culture & that a lot of its fans can get really nuts about it and take things way too far.

I'm leaning towards former as it doesn't feel so staged at all but actually quite geniune, even with all the craziness, but it certainly helped the publicity of the show. The story certainly proves two things: the show has had quite a bit of influence on pop culture & that a lot of its fans can get really nuts about it and take things way too far.
    Yeah, it seems a bit complex to be a preplanned commercial, especially taking into account that the product was out of the market but hey, we are talking about one of the biggest enterprises which is one that invests the most in publicity. I don't think this flutter was intentionally but I would not discard it either.

Anyway, Wendy's did an easier job using Rick and Morty to promote their food.

RICKMANSING THE STONE (S03E02)

Rickmansing the Stone was the first experiment that explores the separation between Jerry and Beth, and how this affects the family. The entire conflicting situation was not used to expand the characters sentimentally. Instead, it was used as an excuse to settle the characters in different circumstances where they could not suit in normal conditions. Rick was just a nexus necessary to connect the three plots that the episode develops, but the visit to the post-apocalyptic world to search the isotope 322 was overlooked. The focus was on Summer and how she carries on the aforementioned problem. She approaches Hemorraghe, the leader of the most bloody murder gang, she has a romance with him but then they break up when he becomes weaker and less aggressive than before. If the conclusion is that Summer is tougher than the toughest man in that Mad Max-ish world, I'm sorry, but I didn't believe it. Summer can have her eccentricities but I don't like her if she is a psychopath. Morty received a weird story. He is injected into his arm muscle memory from another one so his arm is now thirsty for blood and revenge and we have a bunch of fights and killing with nonsense. As unusual, the best part about the episode was in the subplot that happens at home. The robotic versions of Summer and Morty interacting with Beth delivered the very few smart jokes it contained.  It is always funny when Rick cheats someone so easily. I loved the speech of Mechanical Morty being alive. The funniest scene in an otherwise forgettable episode.
    2/5

Very meh and forgettable indeed. Other than the very straightforward Mad Max parody world where they get sorta stuck I didn't recemember much about it (not even the almost non-existent subplot about the robot duplicates, which I do at least recall was pretty funny). One of the worst of an uneven season. Don't have much more to say about it.

PICKLE RICK (S03E03)

I've finally reached the episode about I keep an unpopular opinion. I seriously can not believe the absurd reputation that Pickle Rick obtained. Acclaimed by each critic. Winner of an Emmy Award. Winner of an Annie Award. Recognized by almost every fan as one of the very best of the show. I still wonder why. Because Rick yells "Pickle Rick" with an amusing tone which allowed a famous meme? C'mon. Rick has confronted the Devil, has arranged the time, has destroyed a council composed of infinite versions of himself... So, why people are surprised about a pickle? It is one of the weakest concepts executed by this show so far. Yeah, it is plenty of action, shooting, and blood. But the first complaint I have is that it doesn't feel like Rick's move. I mean, it failed twice: firstly, Morty discovered it, secondly, he was saved luckily by rain after a cat attacked him... I genuinely enjoyed the scenes settled on the sewer. That ingenious to kill the cockroach and later the mouse was funny, as well as his slowly recovering towards the status of "God". But then the intromission into a forbidden residence was too much exaggerated for me and just sloppy violence. Jaguar was not an interesting character and his fighting with Rick never calls my attention. The subplot of Beth and the children going to therapy is overrated. The only thing I can rescue about it was Beth denying the actual incentive of Rick to become a pickle. The monologue of Dr. Wong was over-over-overlong. The voice acting of Susan Sarandon was great, as well as Justin Reardon's. If someone deserved an award for the vogue of Pickle Rick's scream, it was him, not the episode.
    3/5

One of the most overrated episodes (an like I've said before, it didn't deserve that Emmy). The premise of Rick having transformed himself into an pickle to get out of family therapy is one of the thinnest and silliest of the show, a randomized with Pickle Rick doing things like slaughtering rats to build himself an organic exoskeleton and ending up in an goverment building where there's some conspiracy going on and he fights everyone & at the same time the rest of the family (sans Jerry) go to therapy.

The episode was just random and nonsensical, getting more insane and ridiculous by the minute. There were some nice gags but it was too random and ridiculous: you have to accept all the insanity to enjoy it. The therapy subplot was obviously more grounded but it didn't really impress me much, though the dialogue about Rick having turned himself into a pickle was pretty funny, as was Rick finally going there in the end and boredly sitting down on the couch to get it over with (still as a pickle).

Overall, not a terrible episode but squarely average though not without its moments. I think the creators were trolling the fans with this one, having it be so over the top preposterous, contrived and dumb on purpose with just a bunch of supposedly cool and exicitng stuff that Pickle Rick goes through and is the big hero the world doesn't really need. I'd describe it as a meme episode, not because it became one but more as it felt like it aimed to be very meme-like (and succeeded).

Also, I think this was the genesis of the show from this point on doing more over-the-top random and more or less overcomplicated, if not also incomprehensible in the end, episodes, leaving you wondering what you just watched.

VINDICATORS 3: THE RETURN OF WORLDENDER (S03E04)

This episode is one of the few produced by this show that achieves better performance than what I could expect. The premise is not what I'd call intriguing but it may be the only one so far that reduces (not excludes) the sci-fi concepts and insatiable violence to focus on the feelings, sentiments, and emotions of Rick and Morty. This is something I always claimed for and the show still seems incapable to offer. This was not a spectacular episode in terms of character development but it felt more sincere and human than the average episode of this show. This time, Morty calls the shots applying the right he obtained in Meeseeks and Destroys and both Morty and Rick go to a Vindicators meeting. This is incredibly important for Morty, and incredibly stupid for Rick, which make them face up to each other. Morty shows admiration for the Vindicators team, naively believing that they are heroes who save the world frequently and don't suffer from any mix-up in their lives. Meanwhile, Rick obviously looks at them as a group of arrogant and liars that exaggerate their actions. Rick proved it killing their arch-nemesis alone, drunk, during a blackout, and with time enough remaining to create a series of proves worthy of the movie Saw for the squad. I found them uniformly interesting, with a lot of clever dialogues while they passed the proves (thanks to Morty, generally). The last one of them with Morty, as well as Rick, believing that Rick actually cares about his grandson although all the homage was dedicated to Noob Noob was a hilarious situation with a hilarious outcome, perfectly closed with sober Rick admitting he does not have an idea of how Noob Noob was.
    4/5

THE WHIRLY DIRLY CONSPIRACY

Rick and... Jerry? This untold duo paired up for the first time. It was a weird adventure, including hurting truths, betrayals, and discourteous from both sides. After all, they've always kept a cold war and they've never been face to face until this episode. I liked how it started – Rick taking Jerry out of his apartment completely naked was amusing. Most of their interactions were not as volatile as they could have been, although I am glad they finally showed certain camaraderie while taking a drink. One of the episode's biggest strengths was the analysis of Jerry, how he obtained everything he got, and why everyone looks at him as a pathetic man but with compassion. The character can be really annoying because he abases himself when he is in inferiority and is arrogant when he is (or he thinks he is) in superiority, but that's the main characteristic of that kind of person and he portrays them perfectly. The idea of Jerry deciding to dispatch Rick to his death and then regretting was well-executed, although I found a bit forced that Rick believed it. The immortality field resource was excellent: it has a great presentation (they make us believe someone was trying to kill Rick), it has a crucial role in the story, and it allows the fantastic gag of the kid killing off his own sister. Even with its missteps, the story was noteworthy until Rick was neutralized. The only remarkable thing until that was Jerry having a brief moment of redemption against Risotto Groupon but then backing down. The union of souls, even if brilliantly animated, was just odd. The subplot was overwhelming but at least I can rescue that I actually liked how Beth was characterized. I feel I'm being hypercritical but I simply didn't enjoy it as much as I expected to.
    3/5

'Vindicators 3' I liked fine. The plot with Rick reluctantly taking Morty to meet this superhero team (who really aren't such great people) and Rick getting drunk, and givingthe next challenge for the heroes, albeit on purpose to test them, was an entertaining one with some nice jokes and gags. I liked how we didn't get to see the previous two adventures, the Vindicators had some nice designs and powers (and Noob-Noob was amusing & I liked the puzzle challenge bits (and the heroes infight and get killed in some more or less ridiculous way). Ending with R&M ending up at a party (where a rapper sings about Noob-Noob) which stops the remaining hero (Supernova) from killing them and slipping away was random but worked (on following up on plot threads, they should make Supernova and Evil Morty the final threats of the show). Decent episode.

'Whirly Dirly Conspiracy' was okay-ish. I remember it mostly for Rick taking Jerry on an adventure and that was a decent plot with some interesting interactions between the two as they are caught up with an alien gangster who attempts to use Jerry to kill Rick. To pair the two of them up was a good idea and there was some interesting dialogue and focus on Jerry, though the show warping him into an pathetic, selfish jerk whom the other character say the big problem or him getting crap doesn't work for me (it is obvious most of his problems comes from his low self esteem and would improve with positive reinforcement from his family, but they don't care for him and he remains a punching bag. I think Jerry can be funny but the show being out to get him, like Meg on 'Family Guy', isn't funny to me). Decent story, but falls short and the hypocrisy of Rick is a little annoying.

As for the subplot of Summer's teenage woes once her boyfriend Ethan dumps her for another girl it had a nice concept, with Summer accidentally turning herself into giant in an attempt at using on of Rick's inventions on her body to get Ethan back & Beth and Morty trying to help her, but it was almost too mean-spirited in a sense and I disliked the awful portrayal of Morty in the end when he blamed Ethan for Summer's incident (which was really on her) and horribly disfigured the guy (who had done nothing wrong) with Rick's invention. Not a bad episode, but one of the weakest of the season (the one bit that made the whole subplot was the small tech support guys, also getting a callback in the end).
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 06-02-2020 at 09:59 AM.

REST AND RICKLAXATION (S03E06)

Another incredible episode. Conceptually brilliant, delicately executed, eye-catching, ideal for know deeper both Rick and Morty, with action, with satires, with a cohesive plotline. This is exactly what I want to watch when I tune in this show. The pre-intro scene was easily the best ever. The flashing adventure where they almost died, and how Rick and Morty discharged themselves screaming when their adventure finished, with evident stress on their back, was hilarious. The session of the spa was fine, and the idea of a treatment that removes the toxins is intriguing. It straightens out the story when we discovered that the toxins they get off are actually alive and closed inside the awful detoxifier. Now we have different versions of Rick and Morty which are funny because of the noticeable contrast with their typical personality. Rick describes his toxic version as entitled, narcissistic, lonely, and with irrational attachments. Morty's toxic version has incredibly low self-esteem, self-respect, and self-assurance which was definitely closer to the real Morty than his non-toxic version. The other Morty is such his complete opposite (of course) becoming a machine of talking that proceeds with security, advises everyone, supports a rejection of Jessica and flirt adult and sexy woman in spite of being just a 14-year-old boy. The fighting scenes in the living-room were spellbinding, introducing some fantastic sci-fi weapons, and the return of the status quo, cynically done by Rick and indirectly self-induced by Morty were both great. Oh, and the toxic world's scenes we're fantastic, including an easy satire to religion and a group of kids killing a Party animator. Incidentally, the animation of this episode was flawless. One of their best work in this apartment.
    5/5
    Last edited by Szyslak100; 05-31-2020 at 12:25 PM.

That one really felt like an season 2 episode for some reason (for a while I remembered it as part of the second season until I checked and found out it was season 3). Definitely a solid one with a fun concept (them visiting the spa and being de-toxified and the toxic, slimy "copies" having sentience on their own, being opposites of the originals, and causing trouble), having some enjoyable moments and scenes also having a lot of good jokes and gags (like you I really found the two of them freaking out after their harrowing opening adventure funny). I also liked the late third act stuff with Morty escaping to be a businessman but having to go back to his old life, despite being pretty far removed from the main story. One of the better episodes of the season overall.
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 06-02-2020 at 10:00 AM.

"You're pitching the Policeman's Ball to a black teenager here".
    - Rick K-22
    My complete solidarity with all the victims of racism. Now, the review.

THE RICKLANTIS MIXUP (S03E07)

I give up. I think I'm never going to solve the entire puzzle. There are always new details to discover in this one. Every time I rewatch it, I wind up amazed because of the greatness this episode has. Rick and Morty of Earth C-137 are absent. Yet, this story is about the coexistence of a multitude of Ricks and Morties in the headless Citadel. This is an incredible episode that was able to unfold, develop, and give a conclusion to four incredible stories. The plotline about the election easily stands out. The speeches of the candidate Morty were inspiring, and I loved how once he takes the power he becomes colder and authoritarian; the entire conflict with his campaign manager who disbelief in his potential, then tries to kill his former boss, and finally is killed for the attempting murder is tense and interesting. The way of revealing that the new president was actually Evil Morty was incredible: the narrative and animation were brilliant, accompanied by the classic song of Evil Morty, makes of that final scene an epic outcome. The other stories are exceptional as well. The desperate attempt of Rick J-22
    to finish the unfair distribution of tasks and salaries in a Citadel that lost its essence just to be the new "star" in Simple Rick's wafer publicity, failing miserably in his commitment. The adventures of two cops –a Rick and a Morty– exploring the marginated neighborhoods that evidenced the clear hate of cop Morty against his criminal versions in a story that includes policy violence, crimes, and killings. The odyssey of four Morties to reach the wishing portal and the martyrdom of Slick Morty trying to change everything. Four stories plenty of details, emotions, and also jokes that I am not reflecting here because I don't want to stretch this one too much. Objectively and subjectively, one of the best episodes of the show.
    5/5

'The Ricklantis Mixup' is for sure one of my favorites. Probably the best of the third season for me and of the series. I liked the fakeout title and opening with Rick & Morty heading for an Atlantis adventure, but the episode really being all about what is currently going on in the Rick & Morty multiverse and at the Citadel. It being more of an dramatic story with several plotlines, like a jaded cop Morty on the tail of a mystery, a politician Morty running for leader (revealed to be Evil Morty), an renegade Rick having trouble with the rest of his peers & a gang of Morties (including a lizard Morty, who has to be one of my favorites alternative versions of the leads) on an adventure, worked out like a charm and stands out as a well-paced and not messy episode despite the amount of plot threads. Fairly stellar stuff that sticks to the important things and creates an very interesting piece. Also the ending being the main R&M coming back from Atlantis was a nice capper. This episode should have won that Emmy, not 'Pickle Rick'.

31. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Szyslak100

This episode should have won that Emmy, not 'Pickle Rick'.
    I think Pickle Rick was submitted by the producers exclusively because of its popularity, which means more opportunities to win. I don't believe they genuinely estimate this as the best episode of the season.

Anyway, Emmys Awards are not a parameter for anything and it really has no credibility for me. The fact that BoJack Horseman has never won any Award is a very bad joke.

MORTY'S MIND BLOWERS (S03E08)

Rick was alright: It was not like a Halloween special of The Simpsons. It looked more like 22 Short Films About Springfield instead. A compilation of succinct stories, but unlike the Simpsons episode, with a common point that relates all the shorts: memories of Morty that someone thinks don't deserve to be remembered. I actually loved the first montage settled in a universe inspired in the Penrose Stairs and that terrifying being that follows them. It was visually impressive. The writers did a nice job clarifying what this episode is about and polishing the details that could hinder the narrative. Rick explaining that it is "a clip of clips you never saw", the mystery of how Morty remembers things he hasn't witnessed quickly solved with the excuse of the edition, and Rick getting annoyed for the constant questions of Morty. I also kinda liked the meta-reference of Rick openly admitting they were not doing Interdimensional Cable 3 this time. The clips go from decent to outstanding. From worst to best, I rank them something like: Morty being possessed (the only one I disliked) - Rick confusing a word - Beth choosing Summer over Morty - Morty masturbating an alien - The light switch clicks - The collection of living beings - The sacrifice of Beebo - The smudge in the lens - The shelf level - Zikzak tragic descent to Hell - The parody to ET - The squirrels one (This one was surprisingly hilarious). There were more, but the rest were composed of a single scene. My favorite among them was Morty beating Rick in draughts... So, after the disappointing sequel of Rixty Minutes, this felt like a fresh innovation of this annual experiment the show try out every year, almost like a tradition.
    4/5

Thread Information