View Poll Results: Did you like the episode?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5/5 A true Christmas miracle

1 100.00%
  • 4/5

0 0%
  • 3/5

0 0%
  • 2/5

0 0%
  • 1/5 Back to the drawing board

0 0%
    Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

R&R Bless the Harts Season 1 Episode 9 Miracle on Culpepper Slims Boulevard

When Louise wants Jenny to attend her Christmas party, Jenny becomes insecure about her own Christmas when she sees how different the two have their situations.

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

Updated review in new comment
    Last edited by orangemo; 09-03-2020 at 09:25 PM.

seems weird and scary GlitterCat's Avatar

Not quite as strong as the Thanksgiving and Halloween episodes but still really enjoyable. Jenny was super sweet to Louise and Brenda really brought out the jokes. I live in the South, they are spot on how everyone reacts to snow.

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

Miracle on Culpepper Slims Boulevard

This is an episode I liked at first but slowly have started to dislike more as well. It's pretty funny, the setup is good, and the North Carolina satire jokes were quite good, but it's all over the place in terms of pacing, with two of the plots, especially Betty's being plain boring. Betty just flat out wins, which was pretty lame, and Wayne's was boring too, even if the cutaway gag with him "duking the bed" was pretty funny. Violet's role is so minor but seeing her play with the model town was slightly amusing. Brenda is probably at her funniest here with her meat purse and "This bitch, this beyotch". And at least we sort of realize why Louise acts condescending to the people around her because she starts crying when her husband doesn't want to spend time with her, and Jenny condoles her which was nice to see. So after Jenny condoles her Louise stands up to her husband Daniel (whom is a minor character who obviously doesn't love Louise anymore as from his appearance he likes to stare at other women, although in the Black Friday episode, he loved her to death back then) and there could be a potential fight, or something that we fans could wonder or speculate. But then, it had to be screwed up after by taking a guide from the Family Guy and American Dad writer's guide on how to fuck an episode up by having Daniel just drop Louise and everything just goes back to normal. There was potential for a continuity conflict here for season 2 that was just wasted ultimately here, and it was definitely the most insulting to me as a viewer. As much as I do enjoy this show and see a lot of potential, this was also written by Emily Spivey, who wrote Mega-Lo-Memories, a mostly perfect episode from start to finish, so I expected more from her. It's fine and maybe you won't be as insulted at the last act as I did, but hopefully next season they can do Christmas better. I gave some slack to the first 2 episodes because they were finding their groove, but this is episode 9, and after seeing a 5/5 episode earlier, I can't give this the same slack.

2.5/5
    Simpsons S32 ratings: - "Undercover Burns" - 2/5

Bless the Harts S2 ratings: - "Violet's Secret" - 4.5/5

Bob's Burgers S11 ratings: - "Dream a Little Bob of Bob" - 3.5/5

Family Guy S19 ratings: - "Stewie's First Word" - 1/5

Blog Entries

Just watched this episode. I though it was OK, but it wasn't a miracle. I guess I can give it a 3/5. (I know it's not Christmas, but I was bored)
    My Favorite and Least Favorite from every season.
    U1: Babysitting Maggie/Burp Contest, U2: Space Patrol/The Funeral, U3: The Bart Simpson Show/Bart's Nightmare, S1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Odyssey, S2: Lisa's Substitute/Principal Charming, S3: Saturdays Of Thunder /Mr. Lisa Goes To Washington, S4: Homer The Heretic/Marge In Chains, S5: Deep Space Homer/Sweet Seymour Skinner's Badasssss Song, S6: Lisa's Rival/Another Simpsons Clip Show, S7: Bart Sells His Soul/Scenes From The Class Struggle In Springfield, S8: The Springfield Files/My Sister, My Sitter, S9: The City Of New York vs Homer Simpson/All Singing, All Dancing, S10: Lisa Gets An 'A'/When You Dish Upon A Star, S11: Behind The Laughter/Kill The Alligator And Run, S12: Trilogy Of Error/Simpson Safari, S13: I Am Furious (Yellow)/The Frying Game, S14: Bart vs Lisa vs The 3rd Grade/Helter Shelter, S15: I, (Annoyed Grunt) Bot and The Wandering Juvie/Bart Mangled Banner, S16: Don’t Fear The Roofer/On A Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister, S17: Girls Just Want To Have Sums/Bonfire Of The Manatees, S18: 24 Minutes/Rome-Old and Juli-Eh, S19: The Debarted/All About Lisa, S20: Coming To Homerica/Lisa The Drama Queen, S21: Homer The Whopper/The Greatest Story Ever D'ohed, S22: Homer The Father/The Great Simpsina, S23: Holidays Of Future Passed/Treehouse Of Horror XXII and Lisa Goes Gaga, S24: The Saga Of Carl/Love Is A Many Splintered Thing, S25: Steal This Episode/Diggs, S26: Simpsorama/The Musk Who Fell To Earth, S27: Barthood/Friend With Benefit, S28: The Town/The Cad And The Hat, S29: Flanders Ladder/Treehouse Of Horror XXVIII, S30: Baby You Can't Drive My Car/Treehouse Of Horror XXIX, S31: Highway To Well/Warrin' Priests, Both Parts.

Quote the post above you, it gives me an enormous sense of a slow computer.

6. Thumbs Up To This Post by: orangemo

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trab Pu Kcip View Post
    Just watched this episode. I though it was OK, but it wasn't a miracle. I guess I can give it a 3/5. (I know it's not Christmas, but I was bored)
    Dissapointed with this one after that bang called Mega Lo Memories. 2.5/5

Thread Information