View Poll Results: Did you enjoy the episode?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Absolutely amazing 5/5

3 75.00%
  • Great 4/5

0 0%
  • Good 3/5

0 0%
  • Could be better 2/5

1 25.00%
  • I hated it 1/5

0 0%

Thread: R&R Bless the Harts Season 1 Episode 8 Mega-Lo-Memories

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

R&R Bless the Harts Season 1 Episode 8 Mega-Lo-Memories

In this episode, during the Hart family’s Thanksgiving dinner, Jenny tells the story of how she met Wayne in a black friday shopping sprawl.

Blog Entries

They're really pushing the fact they got the right to the Mega Lo Mart name.
    Quote Originally Posted by simpsonsbart View Post
    About milk, remember that this word has several meanings...

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by friz View Post
    They're really pushing the fact they got the right to the Mega Lo Mart name.
    20th century fox television owns the right to the name. Mike Judge doesn’t own the name.

seems weird and scary GlitterCat's Avatar

I really like Wayne and Violet's relationship. Most shows would have her coldly ignoring him while he makes another failed attempt to connect with her. But here they are friends, he supports her interest in art, and she recognizes that he is kind and reliable.

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GlitterCat View Post
    I really like Wayne and Violet's relationship. Most shows would have her coldly ignoring him while he makes another failed attempt to connect with her. But here they are friends, he supports her interest in art, and she recognizes that he is kind and reliable.
    It’s so heartwarming, relatable and hilarious this episode. I give it a solid A grade. Best episode of Animation Domination this week.

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

Seems like Bless the Harts is succeeding so far when they’re doing holiday episodes. I think this is slightly better than the Halloween episode which in my opinion I will say this is my favorite episode of the show right now.
    Simpsons: 4 > 6 = 7 > 5 > 3 > 8 > 2 > 14 > 15 > 13 = 10 > 9 > 16 > 20 > 1 > 24 = 21 > 26 > 22 = 25 > 23 > 19 = 27 > 18 = 28 > 12 > 11 > 17 = 29

Family Guy: 4 > 3 > 2 > 1 > 5 = 6 > 15 > 16 > 10 > 14 > > 7 = 11 = 9 > 8 > 12 = 13

American Dad: 4 > 3 > 2 > 1 > 6 > 5 > 8 > 9 > 7 = 11 > 10 > 13 (so far) > 12

The Cleveland Show: 2 > 1 > 4 > 3

Futurama: 5 > 4 = 1 > 2 = 3 > 7 > 6

Rick and Morty: 2 > 1 > 3

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

https://youtu.be/nhPsVdqv5lg

Here’s Phil Payton’s review on this episode if anyone’s interested?

Pin Pal

Great review and a great episode.

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sideshow ken View Post
    Great review and a great episode.
    Great review of what?

10. Thumbs Up To This Post by: pax

Pin Pal

Quote Originally Posted by orangemo View Post
    Great review of what?
    The episode.

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

The episode.
    Oh Phil Payton’s review or your opinion. What did you like about it?

He thought it was great

You're BoJack Horseman, no cure for that.

Pin Pal

I did thought it was great. And so did Phil Payton.

15. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Startug

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

I did thought it was great. And so did Phil Payton.
    What did you like about it?

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Startug View Post
    It
    What do you mean “it”?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by orangemo View Post
    What do you mean “it”?
    FIRST BASE

20. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Startug

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

Part 2 coming this fall 2020!

Remember Me As I Was 1010011010's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Orangemo has been recommending me to watch more of this show, so I decided to give it another shot.

I felt bored for pretty much all of this. The few jokes this episode had just fell flat/felt awkward. Jenny's conversation with Jesus, the 10 minute prayer the family for some reason went along with, the mega-lo-mart employee. I appreciate the show having a more calmer/down to Earth tone compared to a lot of other animated shows, but King of the Hill/Bob's Burgers this is not. Even the later Seasons of KOTH I'd enjoy more than this. The ending with Violet was kind of nice, but by the time it got to there, I was pretty checked out.

Also for a Black Friday sale, that Mega-lo-Mart sure didn't seem that crowded. Jenny and her Mom didn't seen that rushed once inside either. Why would people stick around a store on Black Friday anyway, long enough to turn in zombies?

Of the characters, Wayne is probably the closest to one I liked. Rest I can give or take.

Uh....meh.

2/5
    Just because I'm stupider than them, they think they're smarter than me!
    Simpsons Season 27 Ratings:
    Every Man's Dream-4.8/10 Cue Detective-6/10 Puffless-7/10 Halloween of Horror-8.4/10 Treehouse of Horror XXVI-(4.5, 5, 3.5) 4.25/10 Friend With Benefit-5/10 Lisa With An 'S'-5.5/10 Paths of Glory--/10 Barthood--/10 The Girl Code--/10 Teenage Mutant Milk-Caused Hurdles--/10 Much Apu About Something--/10 Gal of Constant Sorrow--/10 Love Is in the N2-O2-Ar-CO2-Ne-He-CH4--/10 Lisa the Veterinarian--/10 The Marge-ian Chronicles--/10 The Burns Cage--/10 How Lisa Got Her Marge Back--/10 Fland Canyon--/10 Simprovised--/10 To Courier With Love--/10 Orange is the New Yellow--/10
    Futurama Season 7B Ratings:
    2-D Blacktop-7.5/10 Fry and Leela's Big Fling-7.9/10 T.: The Terrestrial-8.2/10 Forty Percent Leadbelly-6.8/10 The Inhuman Torch-8.4/10 Saturday Morning Fun Pit-(9, 7, 8.5) 8.2/10 Calculon 2.0-8.7/10 Assie Come Home-8.5/10 Leela and the Genestalk-7.2/10 Game of Tones-9.2/10 Murder on The Planet Express-9/10 Stench and Stenchibility-8.5/10 Meanwhile-9.5/10
    Jumping the Shark since 1998...
    Alternate Ending Winner of NHC Survivor Season 1

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 1010011010 View Post
    Orangemo has been recommending me to watch more of this show, so I decided to give it another shot.

I felt bored for pretty much all of this. The few jokes this episode had just fell flat/felt awkward. Jenny's conversation with Jesus, the 10 minute prayer the family for some reason went along with, the mega-lo-mart employee. I appreciate the show having a more calmer/down to Earth tone compared to a lot of other animated shows, but King of the Hill/Bob's Burgers this is not. Even the later Seasons of KOTH I'd enjoy more than this. The ending with Violet was kind of nice, but by the time it got to there, I was pretty checked out.

Also for a Black Friday sale, that Mega-lo-Mart sure didn't seem that crowded. Jenny and her Mom didn't seen that rushed once inside either. Why would people stick around a store on Black Friday anyway, long enough to turn in zombies?

Of the characters, Wayne is probably the closest to one I liked. Rest I can give or take.

Uh....meh.

2/5
    Definitely this one wasn’t the funniest but I’m gonna disagree as what made it so good is the character bonds. A more comedic episode is definitely Trash Twins or Tying the Not. There’s a recurring character Crystalynn (the other gramma Betty picks fights with) and that’s one of my favorite moments in the show.

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

Emmy voters are dumb as shit. This was a great episode. I think Emmy voters pick what's popular rather than what's good. Bojack is probably the only one that truly deserves to be on the Emmys this year.

Going to give a full review on this, as clearly no one actually reviewed it except @1010011010. We'll disagree here but anyway here's mine.

Mega-Lo-Memories

This is hands down the show's best to date. Season 2 will have to compete with this episode for sure (and while I'm hopeful that season 2 will be much better than season 1, a lot of episodes will not likely come close to this one for me, just saying it now). It combines the humor and the heart especially well. The only con is that it takes a while to get started and that Betty's plot goes on a bit too long but this was a nearly perfect episode from start to finish (and could have far benefitted with 2-3 more minutes instead of Thanksgiving of Horror, but I guess that shows how much Fox loves the Simpsons when it's clear that Bless the Harts will at least get them some money in the long run since they co-own it with Disney. Sure the Simpsons is far more popular, but this is from a business standpoint, and Fox can only make money off the ads they sell since they don't own the Simpsons anymore).

The cold open with Jesus saying to not thank him but rather your family is actually a fairly true message and satire on how we Americans think. Us Americans tend to thank the pilgrims for Thanksgiving, but they merely celebrated the first Thanksgiving holiday. They didn't make your dinner today any special than if it happened in any other time. This episode is about Violet getting mad about the family always worrying about Black Friday, so Jenny tells her the story of why it means so much to them. The silent opener is definitely a time waster and so is Betty's prayer joke which goes on a bit too long, but they are somewhat necessary to set up the episode. The microwave gag is a quick laugh, but definitely a far cry from the highlights. Once the episode gets into the store it starts to get good. It's an episode that gets better and better as it goes. The first act is decent, but the second and especially final acts are where this episode excels. The subplot with Betty/Crystalynn is funny for a bit but then you realize you rather watch Jenny find Violet over Betty and Crystalynn trying to steal a pair of a hoarder's shoes because that's just much more significant. When Violet gets lost is where things start to really pick up. And this is why the Crystalynn plot went on too long because I haven't even mentioned Wayne turning up yet either. This is not an episode I'd like to see where things are all over the place, which luckily this one didn't give too much time to Crystalynn but could have gave less and more time to Jenny and Wayne. And this was the first time she learned how to draw, so I can see the show is using continuity quite nicely, unlike American Dad where they fucking deaged Libby in First Do No Farm, when it was clearly shown in A Boy Named Michael that she was older. Another scene shows VIolet eating tofu, as Pig Trouble mentioned, she became more conscious about eating meat (she decided not to be a vegetarian). Jenny's conversation with the employee was pretty funny as well and even the part where Jenny uses the price scanner given by the employee to distract other shoppers was funny as well. Once Wayne and Violet find Jenny is where the execution from here to the end is pretty much damn perfect. Wayne is shown as a genuinely nice guy. He's not nearly as dumb as Homer, Stan, or Peter, and he also means well to his family, even if he's not married to Jenny yet. And I had to start liking him more when he even gave up his Black Friday deal to help a kid he didn't know find his mother. That's how you know this guy's got a big heart. And when he finally meets Jenny for the first time, it's revealed that Jenny lied to him about having a vaccum, and just wanted him to call her, because she fell for him after he found her daughter. And now back in the present with the flashback story over, Violet's realization that Black Friday is so important to the family is definitely well executed as well, to the point where she starts crying. And she agrees to go to Black Friday because of it. Definitely makes her more likeable because of that. You may think she's an older Lisa Simpson, but I can tell you she's definitely not (I like Lisa a lot, but there are times where she isn't likeable). If anything Mia from Duncanville is an older Lisa Simpson cause in the finale I didn't really like her because she was too progressive and unaccepting of other people's opinions, only Lisa is actually funny and Mia isn't.

And my absolute favorite part of the entire episode is when Jenny and Betty leave to get their things, Wayne stays with Violet, and pulls out her first drawing to show to her from his wallet. It was really touching. The last 30 seconds with Crystalynn and Betty feuding cause they wore the same clothes cuts right before they start fighting, and was really funny too in my opinion.

I seriously hope they make a traditional Thanksgiving episode in a possible third season if it happens. While this episode was near perfect, doing a Black Friday episode every Thanksgiving would get a bit old and stale fast, and would feel like Simpsons Treehouse of Horror, and they're doing another in the second season already.

This is an easy 5/5 and I appreciate Andy Bobrow's (showrunner and writer of Myrtle Memoirs) honesty that he "hopes that this episode sells people whose needs have not been met by previous episodes" when he tweeted this the day before it aired. It just makes me respect the team more because they are aware that people aren't warmed up to this show yet, and he even confirmed that the holdovers have also been rewritten to fit season 2 standards. This is a definite reccommend in my opinion (although one user didn't really enjoy it) for anyone who wants heart and humor together. I trust Mr. Bobrow when he said the second Thanksgiving episode is even better. Makes me more excited for it. And especially with coronavirus that we won't be able to do Black Friday, at least seeing fictional characters do it would be nice.

And next episode, maybe we'll get a Chuck Mangione. "You'll be shopping here for the rest of your lives."

5/5
    The Central, King of Harts, American, family burger guy.

CROSSING SWORDS SEASON 1 3.5/10
    HOOPS SEASON 1 6.5/10
    DUNCANVILLE SEASON 1 6.5/10
    CENTRAL PARK SEASON 1 9/10
    CLOSE ENOUGH SEASON 1 8.5/10
    SOLAR OPPOSITES SEASON 1 8.5/10

Blog Entries

This is what Thanksgiving is all about. A truly splendid episode, easily the best of the season.

5/5.
    My Favorite and Least Favorite from every season.
    U1: Babysitting Maggie/Burp Contest, U2: Space Patrol/The Funeral, U3: The Bart Simpson Show/Bart's Nightmare, S1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Odyssey, S2: Lisa's Substitute/Principal Charming, S3: Saturdays Of Thunder /Mr. Lisa Goes To Washington, S4: Homer The Heretic/Marge In Chains, S5: Deep Space Homer/Sweet Seymour Skinner's Badasssss Song, S6: Lisa's Rival/Another Simpsons Clip Show, S7: Bart Sells His Soul/Scenes From The Class Struggle In Springfield, S8: The Springfield Files/My Sister, My Sitter, S9: The City Of New York vs Homer Simpson/All Singing, All Dancing, S10: Lisa Gets An 'A'/When You Dish Upon A Star, S11: Behind The Laughter/Kill The Alligator And Run, S12: Trilogy Of Error/Simpson Safari, S13: I Am Furious (Yellow)/The Frying Game, S14: Bart vs Lisa vs The 3rd Grade/Helter Shelter, S15: I, (Annoyed Grunt) Bot and The Wandering Juvie/Bart Mangled Banner, S16: Don’t Fear The Roofer/On A Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister, S17: Girls Just Want To Have Sums/Bonfire Of The Manatees, S18: 24 Minutes/Rome-Old and Juli-Eh, S19: The Debarted/All About Lisa, S20: Coming To Homerica/Lisa The Drama Queen, S21: Homer The Whopper/The Greatest Story Ever D'ohed, S22: Homer The Father/The Great Simpsina, S23: Holidays Of Future Passed/Treehouse Of Horror XXII and Lisa Goes Gaga, S24: The Saga Of Carl/Love Is A Many Splintered Thing, S25: Steal This Episode/Diggs, S26: Simpsorama/The Musk Who Fell To Earth, S27: Barthood/Friend With Benefit, S28: The Town/The Cad And The Hat, S29: Flanders Ladder/Treehouse Of Horror XXVIII, S30: Baby You Can't Drive My Car/Treehouse Of Horror XXIX, S31: Highway To Well/Warrin' Priests, Both Parts.

Quote the post above you, it gives me an enormous sense of a slow computer.

26. Thumbs Up To This Post by: orangemo

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trab Pu Kcip View Post
    This is what Thanksgiving is all about. A truly splendid episode, easily the best of the season.

5/5.
    There’s another Mega Lo episode coming on November 22.

Thread Information