• 2/5

0 0%
  • 1/5 Shanks for nothing!

5 45.45%

Thread: R&R Family Guy S18E08 "Shanksgiving"

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

R&R Family Guy S18E08 "Shanksgiving"

When Lois hosts a special Thanksgiving dinner for her family, Peter decides the best way to avoid it is to get arrested. Meanwhile, a secret that Stewie has been keeping from everyone is revealed.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovebender.com View Post
    I love women.

Hercules Rockefeller Homer Samson's Avatar

Superintendent Chalmers showing up was hilariously unexpected
    Best and Worst Episode per Season:
    1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Night Out 2: One Fish, Two Fish, Blowfish, Blue Fish/Bart's Dog Gets an 'F' 3: Bart the Murderer/Saturdays of Thunder 4: Homer the Heretic/So Its Come To This: A Simpsons Clip Show 5: Cape Feare/Lady Bouvier's Lover 6: Homie the Clown/Another Simpsons Clip Show 7: Raging Abe Simpson and his Grumbling Grandson in " The Curse of the Flying Hellfish"/Scenes From the Class Struggle in Springfield 8: The Springfield Files/The Old Man and the Lisa 9: The City of New York vs. Homer Simpson/Miracle on Evergreen Terrace 10: Mayored to the Mob/Homer Simpson in: Kidney Trouble 11: Grift of the Magi/Eight Misbehavin' 12: Trilogy of Error/I'm Goin' to Praiseland 13: The Blunder Years/The Lastest Gun in the West 14: Moe Baby Blues/The Strong Arms of the Ma 15: My Mother the Carjacker/Co-Dependent's Day 16: The Heartbroke Kid/Homer and Ned's Hail Mary Pass 17: The Seemingly Never-Ending Story/The Bonfire of the Manatees 18: The Mook, The Chef, The Wife, and Her Homer/The Boys of Bummer 19: Eternal Moonshine of the Simpson Mind/Husbands and Knives 20: Gone Maggie Gone/Lisa the Drama Queen 21: The Squirt and the Whale/The Greatest Story Ever D'ohed 22: Homer Scissorhands/The Fight Before Christmas 23: The Book Job/Lisa Goes Gaga 24: The Saga of Carl/Love is a Many-Splintered Thing 25: Brick Like Me/What to Expect When Bart's Expecting 26: Sky Police/The Musk Who Fell to Earth 27: Barthood/Every Man's Dream 28: 22 for 30/The Caper Chase 29: Flanders' Ladder/Singin' in the Lane 30: Woo-hoo Dunnit?/I Want You (She's So Heavy)

Look I don't even know why I even bother with this show anymore. They spent a chunk with that stupid table and then the ending had Stewie getting married as a bride. Can we go even ONE season without that little shithead going in drag or something?
    Last edited by erichoff; 11-24-2019 at 07:20 PM.

Junior Camper

Quote Originally Posted by erichoff View Post
    Look I don't even know why I even bother with this show anymore. They spent a chunk with that stupid table and then the ending had Stewie getting married as a bride. Can we go even ONE season without that little shithead going in drag or something?
    Do you watch the rest of the block?

Junior Camper

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Samson View Post
    Superintendent Chalmers showing up was hilariously unexpected
    Really? What was 'hilarious' about it?

Quote Originally Posted by erichoff View Post
    The people who make Family Guy are part of a system that is trying to normalise paedophilia. Think about it.

Blog Entries

@John95 did you like this episode?

The Blue Files OldSchoolerSimpsons's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by edwithmj View Post
    The people who make Family Guy are part of a system that is trying to normalise paedophilia. Think about it.
    Jesus, they're called JOKES. If you think they condone anything an exaggerated character like Herbert The Pervert does you've lost your head.
    Quote Originally Posted by scully apologist;bt39949
    "KONY 2012"

I didn't think they could do worse this year after Peter & Lois' Wedding but sadly I was wrong.

This episode has it all for the markings of a standard bad modern day FG episode:
    * A generic bare boned plot that's been done a thousand times that moves at a snail's pace.
    * Little to no focus on any of the main characters whose names aren't Peter and/or Stewie & Brian.
    * A scene that's at least a minute long that does nothing besides stop the episode fucking dead in it's tracks (the table scene).
    * An act 4 scene that's just as pointless and laugh free as the majority of them tend to be.
    * A "Subplot" that's just as nonexistent as the majority of the ones on modern AD! and much like on that show seems to exist only to fill up about a minute that the already bare boned main plot couldn't.

Put them all together, and you've got not only the new worst FG episode for all of 2019, but also a likely contender for my bottom 10 of 2019 TV episodes!

But at the end of the day, I'd still watch this over Turkey Guys and possibly the train wreck I witnessed from The Simpsons the very same night.

.5/5
    Family Guy Season 18 Ratings - Yacht Rocky: 1.5/5 Bri-Da: 2.5/5 Absolutely Babulous: 1.5/5 Disney's The Reboot: 1.5/5 Cat Fight: 1.5/5 Peter & Lois' Wedding: .5/5 Heart Burn: 1.5/5 Shanksgiving: .5/5 Christmas is Coming: 2/5 Connie's Celica: 0/5
    American Dad! Season 15 Ratings - Fantasy Baseball: 1.5/5 I Am the Jeans: The Gina Lavetti Story: 0/5 Stan & Francine & Connie & Ted: 0/5 Rabbit Ears: 1.5/5 Jeff and the Dank Ass Weed Factory: 1/5 Lost Boys: 0/5 Shark?!: 1/5 The Long March: 2/5 The Hall Monitor and the Lunch Lady: 0/5 Wild Women Do: 2/5 An Irish Goodbye: 3/5 Stompe le Monde: 0/5 Mom Sauce: 0/5 Hamerican Dad!: 0/5 Demolition Daddy: 0/5 Pride Before the Fail: .5/5 Enter Stanman: 0/5 No Weddings and a Funeral: 0/5 Eight Fires: 1.5/5 The Hand That Rocks the Rogu: 0/5 Downtown: TBD Cheek to Cheek: A Stripper's Story: TBD

9. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Sam

Uh don't you mean pedophilia?
    Jesus, they're called JOKES. If you think they condone anything an exaggerated character like Herbert The Pervert does you've lost your head.
    Still no excuse for doing shit like this.

I didn't think they could do worse this year after Peter & Lois' Wedding but sadly I was wrong.

This episode has it all for the markings of a standard bad modern day FG episode:
    * A generic bare boned plot that's been done a thousand times that moves at a snail's pace.
    * Little to no focus on any of the main characters whose names aren't Peter and/or Stewie & Brian.
    * A scene that's at least a minute long that does nothing besides stop the episode fucking dead in it's tracks (the table scene).
    * An act 4 scene that's just as pointless and laugh free as the majority of them tend to be.
    * A "Subplot" that's just as nonexistent as the majority of the ones on modern AD! and much like on that show seems to exist only to fill up about a minute that the already bare boned main plot couldn't.

Put them all together, and you've got not only the new worst FG episode for all of 2019, but also a likely contender for my bottom 10 of 2019 TV episodes!

But at the end of the day, I'd still watch this over Turkey Guys and possibly the train wreck I witnessed from The Simpsons the very same night.
    1. I can't agree with that anymore than you do. This plot could've been better.
    2. Peter is technically the title character of the show, but Brian and Stewie are not.
    3. To this date I will never understand why they make so many of these scenes nowadays.
    4. They need to just scrap the 4th acts permanently.
    5. I don't know what you're talking about in terms about a subplot. Can you tell me what that was?
    6. Trump Guy, You can't handle the booth, and Yacht Rocky were worse. But I will agree this one was pretty bad, but it's not like it's one of my most hated episodes.
    Last edited by erichoff; 12-21-2019 at 05:07 AM.

@erichoff, True Peter is the title character, but the rest of the Griffins are just as important as he is.

I was referring to the stuff with Stewie dating the prison guy as the "Subplot" because the synopsis billed it as such.

All of those other episodes you mentioned were awful, but I'd still take them over this. And yeah, worst of the season so far but I can think of at least 10 that are easily worse.

Quote Originally Posted by John95 View Post
    @erichoff, True Peter is the title character, but the rest of the Griffins are just as important as he is.

I was referring to the stuff with Stewie dating the prison guy as the "Subplot" because the synopsis billed it as such.
    You're absolutely right about the other griffins being just as vital; season 5 and later neglected the other characters for Brian and Stewie (more like Barney and Baby Bop) and often Chris/Meg would only have a line or two or none at all.

Blog Entries

thought this one was watchable, mostly hit-and-miss. for the most part it just seemed like a lamer retread of cool hand peter, and the stewie stuff was mostly dumb, though i did laugh at the kal penn song and phil spector's appearance. aside from that i did enjoy the carter scene and joe's vermont joke, and i guess i can't think of many jokes that particularly bombed outside of the table scene (which even then was at least mildly amusing since it's #relatable), but this was just generally an unremarkable episode from start to finish. 2.5/5

It wasn't awful, but the whole thing was just a bore, plus we've already seen the guys in jail plenty of times, it offers nothing interesting unlike Thanksgiving or even Turkey Guys, still better than the godawful Yacht Rocky though, which is the only bottom 20 worthy episode this season so far, while the rest are just mediocre or forgettable.

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

Worst Thanksgiving episode ever for the show. Frankly I am starting to feel tired of these type of episodes (Peter and His friends go on crazy adventures). They used to fresh like The Splendid Source, Cool Hand Peter (which feels too much like an inferior version of), Forgove Me Not, but now they dont feel as fun as before. Im ready for another Brian and Stewie episode...
    Simpsons: 4 > 6 = 7 > 5 > 3 > 8 > 2 > 14 > 15 > 13 = 10 > 9 > 16 > 20 > 1 > 24 = 21 > 26 > 22 = 25 > 23 > 19 = 27 > 18 = 28 > 12 > 11 > 17 = 29

Family Guy: 4 > 3 > 2 > 1 > 5 = 6 > 15 > 16 > 10 > 14 > > 7 = 11 = 9 > 8 > 12 = 13

American Dad: 4 > 3 > 2 > 1 > 6 > 5 > 8 > 9 > 7 = 11 > 10 > 13 (so far) > 12

The Cleveland Show: 2 > 1 > 4 > 3

Futurama: 5 > 4 = 1 > 2 = 3 > 7 > 6

Rick and Morty: 2 > 1 > 3

Eh, I thought it was alright. It was barely a Thanksgiving episode though. I think my favorite parts were the TV list gag, the "Heads Up" game, and Peter's mugshot montage (I also liked Peter saying "oh my stars"). Otherwise, typical New Family Guy where they explain every joke in detail before they do it. Don't really get why they keep doing that...

The Stewie stuff was more disturbing than it was funny.
    Get woke, go broke

The best joke was Peter talking about the Schoolhouse Rock spoilers. It was the kind of weird character-based joke that really worked for me and only this show can do. Also, Cleveland stabbing Joe because he was tired of the guys' overt racism was hilarious, but the racism comes more from the writers than the characters.

Other than that, it was just your average Family Guy episode in 2019. 1.5/5

Junior Camper

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Nihilistic View Post
    The best joke was Peter talking about the Schoolhouse Rock spoilers. It was the kind of weird character-based joke that really worked for me and only this show can do. Also, Cleveland stabbing Joe because he was tired of the guys' overt racism was hilarious, but the racism comes more from the writers than the characters.

Other than that, it was just your average Family Guy episode in 2019. 1.5/5
    Yeah just a typical episode. At least Bless the Harts, Simpsons, and Bob’s Burgers were more about Thanksgiving than this was.

I really didn't like this one. Cool Hand Peter was much better. This was the worst Thanksgiving episode ever. Turkey Guys was better. I also agree with Fas 1997. I'm getting tired of Peter and his friends going on crazy adventures. It gets really tired. I want to see more with the other characters who deserve better like Meg and Chris. The other shows that night had better Thanksgiving theme episodes.

Hercules Rockefeller Homer Samson's Avatar

I'd say this was better than the episode simply titled Thanksgiving

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Samson View Post
    I'd say this was better than the episode simply titled Thanksgiving
    I'll agree with this. That episode was so much worse in so many ways.
    Last edited by erichoff; 12-21-2019 at 05:08 AM.

Thread Information