• 2/5

2 20.00%
  • 1/5 I want a divorce.

3 30.00%

Thread: R&R Family Guy S18E07 "Heart Burn"

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

R&R Family Guy S18E07 "Heart Burn"

In celebration of Peter and Lois' anniversary, the Griffins recount their own versions of three well-known love stories.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovebender.com View Post
    I love women.

Hercules Rockefeller Homer Samson's Avatar

Helen of Troy: Bad. Could barely follow it. Only the Officer Reese's joke I kinda liked but that was because it was recycled from an actually funny cutaway. 1.5/5

Romeo and Juliet: More easy to follow plot, but the jokes fell flat and we already have enough parodies of this story. 2.5/5

Fatal Attraction: Never seen the movie, but this segment was actually good. I thought it had great action and the jokes were done well. I still think they could have had someone besides Lois portray Alex. She didn't need to play 2 major characters in one story. 4/5

Overall, this episode reminded me of Love, Springfieldian Style in how it had 2 forgettable segments and 1 good one. I give it a 2.5/5
    Best and Worst Episode per Season:
    1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Night Out 2: One Fish, Two Fish, Blowfish, Blue Fish/Bart's Dog Gets an 'F' 3: Bart the Murderer/Saturdays of Thunder 4: Homer the Heretic/So Its Come To This: A Simpsons Clip Show 5: Cape Feare/Lady Bouvier's Lover 6: Homie the Clown/Another Simpsons Clip Show 7: Raging Abe Simpson and his Grumbling Grandson in " The Curse of the Flying Hellfish"/Scenes From the Class Struggle in Springfield 8: The Springfield Files/The Old Man and the Lisa 9: The City of New York vs. Homer Simpson/Miracle on Evergreen Terrace 10: Mayored to the Mob/Homer Simpson in: Kidney Trouble 11: Grift of the Magi/Eight Misbehavin' 12: Trilogy of Error/I'm Goin' to Praiseland 13: The Blunder Years/The Lastest Gun in the West 14: Moe Baby Blues/The Strong Arms of the Ma 15: My Mother the Carjacker/Co-Dependent's Day 16: The Heartbroke Kid/Homer and Ned's Hail Mary Pass 17: The Seemingly Never-Ending Story/The Bonfire of the Manatees 18: The Mook, The Chef, The Wife, and Her Homer/The Boys of Bummer 19: Eternal Moonshine of the Simpson Mind/Husbands and Knives 20: Gone Maggie Gone/Lisa the Drama Queen 21: The Squirt and the Whale/The Greatest Story Ever D'ohed 22: Homer Scissorhands/The Fight Before Christmas 23: The Book Job/Lisa Goes Gaga 24: The Saga of Carl/Love is a Many-Splintered Thing 25: Brick Like Me/What to Expect When Bart's Expecting 26: Sky Police/The Musk Who Fell to Earth 27: Barthood/Every Man's Dream 28: 22 for 30/The Caper Chase 29: Flanders' Ladder/Singin' in the Lane 30: Woo-hoo Dunnit?/I Want You (She's So Heavy)

Fatal Attraction - It's not humor when you say "I wonder what kind of music" or whatever before it happens.

Blog Entries

i thought it was alright, definitely better than grimm job/high school english. fatal attraction segment was probably the funniest since it was fresh territory although it did strike me as a bit out of place considering how old the other two stories were. funniest part was definitely brian as a rabbit silently eating a carrot at the dinner table. hehehe

The episode reminded me of High School English and Three Directors where both episodes are FG's takes on classic literature and/or pop culture but only as an excuse to do what Disney's The Reboot and last week's episode did which is nothing other than pointing out the cliches and/or plotholes within them, with some pretty nonexistent bridging material that's barely concluded like in High School English. In other words, it felt like an episode that was written in only a week with them rushing to have it done by Friday so that they could all go home for the weekend as quickly as possible.

I thought the Helen of Troy segment was the best simply for not being as up it's own ass as the other two plus it was short, even at the expense of pacing.

The other two were pretty much interchangeable in terms of what little they did or had to offer besides doing the same tired shit I've already seen this season do at least twice beforehand and shit like the post-production music in the Fatal Attraction were very beaten into the ground!

The only gag I really liked in the Romeo & Juliet portion was Cleveland getting arrested (even if eyeroll worthy) and the only two from the Fatal Attraction part being the opera music and " Aw, I was gonna kill the rabbit!".

One gag they missed out on that I would've given them credit for was playing on Lois being both females in the Fatal Attraction part by having a really obvious shitty split down the middle of the screen when they're both onscreen.

Only other thing I'll note is that act 4 scene... Seriously, how fucking baked off their minds do you think they were to think that Chris sticking his dick into a warm pie was even remotely funny?! Definitely alongside the Casey Kasem one and the one from Dead Dog Walking as one of the show's worst act 4's!

With all that said though, it speaks volumes for how mediocre this season continues to be in that I'd actually put this as new second best only because it wasn't a Brian & Quagmire episode.

1.5/5, 2 for the poll.

I'd be surprised if next week's is better since it's going to be "Peter & Friends do X" episode #365 with the only real spin being that it takes place during Thanksgiving. Oh well, as long as it's at least better than Turkey Guys...
    Family Guy Season 18 Ratings - Yacht Rocky: 1.5/5 Bri-Da: 2.5/5 Absolutely Babulous: 1.5/5 Disney's The Reboot: 1.5/5 Cat Fight: 1.5/5 Peter & Lois' Wedding: .5/5 Heart Burn: 1.5/5 Shanksgiving: .5/5 Christmas is Coming: 2/5 Connie's Celica: 0/5
    American Dad! Season 15 Ratings - Fantasy Baseball: 1.5/5 I Am the Jeans: The Gina Lavetti Story: 0/5 Stan & Francine & Connie & Ted: 0/5 Rabbit Ears: 1.5/5 Jeff and the Dank Ass Weed Factory: 1/5 Lost Boys: 0/5 Shark?!: 1/5 The Long March: 2/5 The Hall Monitor and the Lunch Lady: 0/5 Wild Women Do: 2/5 An Irish Goodbye: 3/5 Stompe le Monde: 0/5 Mom Sauce: 0/5 Hamerican Dad!: 0/5 Demolition Daddy: 0/5 Pride Before the Fail: .5/5 Enter Stanman: 0/5 No Weddings and a Funeral: 0/5 Eight Fires: 1.5/5 The Hand That Rocks the Rogu: 0/5 Downtown: TBD Cheek to Cheek: A Stripper's Story: TBD

Junior Camper

It was pretty funny but some parts were boring. The first segment was forgettable, the second was okay, but the third and Chris was the best. Also when Peter made that boner joke was good. 8/10

Hercules Rockefeller Homer Samson's Avatar

Speaking of what John95 said, I definitely agree that the ending scene was disturbing. Seems like something you would see on a bad South Park episode.

8. Thumbs Up To This Post by: John95

Blog Entries

well considering theres never been a good fourth act its not surprising. unsure why FG decided to adopt them after simpsons has failed w them for ages now

10. Thumbs Up To This Post by: John95

Moe is their leader. Captain_Smiley's Avatar

1) This makes me want to read 'Romeo and Juliet' now.

2) Damnit. They make a Batman joke and the person they could have gotten to voice him is dead.

This wasn't bad but other episodes like The Emmy episode and 3 Directors

1. Helen of Troy was the weakest. I've heard of her story but really not familiar and was bored by it.

2. Romeo and Juliet was okay but there were better parodies of it.

3. Fatal Attraction was the best. I wished they could have used Bonnie or Meg to play the wife instead of double casting Lois. They did this with Bonnie in the Friends parody and this was cheap. Lois is better as a villian. She sucks playing the romantic lead. Her in the Glenn Close role was when she really shined. I laughed at Stewies' line "I wanted to kill the bunny." I wished they would stop explaining everything they are going to do and just do it. When I saw the elevator scene with Peter and Lois making out, I threw up a bit. I didn't feel that coming. Lois was better as the villian and not the romantic lead and they should have used Bonnie or Meg. I'll give it a 2.

I also forgot to mentioned I hated the end scene with Chris. He was recreating a scene from American Pie with a hot pie. That was god awful and cringe worthy. Unfunny.

It was fine, easily the best episode of the season so far, but that's not saying much, still a 3/5, I don't know if we'll get anything better.

Blog Entries

It was fantastic! One of the best episodes of season 18!

The first segment was the weakest and it kinda offended me! I am coming from Greece and I have to say it has so many historic mistakes! I also didn't like the joke about the Greeks having a troubled economy (even though it is true) and I also didn't like the gay joke, because it isn't true! Overall, it began well and ended pretty bad!

The second segment was great and really funny, although it was disrespectful! William Shakespeare was a genius! They can't just have characters pop up anytime and say " Oh yes, you know the play is bad, because it has two teenagers and a romance! ". I can't believe it! I didn't really like some of the jokes! They even said they had sex! They didn't had! Read the play!

The third segment is my favourite of the bunch! It is funny and dramatic! Alex Borstein made a great performance as Lois/Beth/Alex Forest. They make me want to see Fatal Attraction!

Good job, even though it was offending!

Thread Information