Your Top Five Anime's.

Got bored...

My top five, what's yours?
    1. Code Geass
    2. Darker than Black
    3. Full Metal Alchemist
    4. Cowboy Bebop
    5. Hunter X Hunter
    Last edited by Santa Shoz; 09-09-2013 at 03:19 AM.

Blog Entries

I widely prefer mangas.
    Anyway :

1. Bleach
    2. One Piece
    3. Cowboy Bebop
    4. Dragon Ball Z
    5. Detective Conan
    Last edited by Blobulle; 03-23-2013 at 10:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blobulle View Post
    I widely prefer mangas.
    Anyway :

1. Bleach
    2. One Piece
    3. Dragon Ball Z
    4. Detective Conan
    That's okay. All my top five are actually just anime adaptation of manga's.

1.DB/DBZ
    2.Bleach(till soul society arc)
    3.Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne
    4.Shaman King
    5.Yugioh Season 0

I haven't watched that many anime's tho...so this list is bound to change in the future depending if I watch more animes or not

Oh also special mention to Lupin III...I never watched it completely(doubt i ever will) but from the episodes I've watched it was damn entertaining

Blog Entries

The Soul Society part of Bleach is awesome! After it I stopped watching.

I find Fairy Tail pretty interesting. It's kind of a mix of Naruto and One Piece, only instead of pirates or ninja's, it's mages. Quite funny too...

Quote Originally Posted by Blobulle View Post
    The Soul Society part of Bleach is awesome! After it I stopped watching.
    Yeah that's what I meant...till the SS arc finishes..then it's horrible.
    I continued watching till like episode 270+ hoping it would get better...it didn't

Quote Originally Posted by ThankYouComeAgain View Post
    Yeah that's what I meant...till the SS arc finishes..then it's horrible.
    I continued watching till like episode 270+ hoping it would get better...it didn't
    I liked the Soul Society and Arrancar arc, the ones actually based on the manga, not the anime-filler arcs though.

Quote Originally Posted by shoz999 View Post
    I liked the Soul Society and Arrancar arc, the ones actually based on the manga, not the anime-filler arcs though.
    The manga went down the shitter in the Arrancar arc

Fairy Tail is pretty boring.No wonder all of the female characters have huge tits to keep the reader's/viewer's attention...Mashima is that insecure
    The story is pretty boring and incoherent and the characters have no depth to them at all

I'm thinking of watching Death Note one day cuz everyone seems to love it...and from what I've seen by still images it looks pretty awesome and dark...my kinda thing

The female part, that's what I meant by having a little One Piece feeling to it, pros and cons. The bright artstyle also, plus with some whacky-looking characters to it too. Plus, I found the plot genius with some meaningful themes and ideas. The major villains, that have their own background story, daring plans, and a few plot twists, plus their strong connection to certain characters pasts, kind of like Naruto villains. Also, the characters have more depth later in the story... kind of like almost every manga does.
    Also, I almost forgot to put Deathnote in the list.

Death Note is your fifth favorite? I'm pretty sure Death Note is way better then that shit Naruto.And no Dragonball? Kinda surprised
    Meh Fairy Tail's story is pretty damn weak.Too many useless characters doesn't allow for a meaninful comprehensive storyline with a goal....just like One Piece
    They will never find that treasure...I bet they're not even trying to find it anymore

Death Note is your fifth favorite? I'm pretty sure Death Note is way better then that shit Naruto.And no Dragonball? Kinda surprised
    Meh Fairy Tail's story is pretty damn weak.Too many useless characters doesn't allow for a meaninful comprehensive storyline with a goal....just like One Piece
    They will never find that treasure...I bet they're not even trying to find it anymore
    Sigh... I guess there's still some people who just don't like these kind of manga's or anime's no matter how popular or praise it gets... at a certain amount of time anyway.
    Last edited by Santa Shoz; 03-23-2013 at 07:57 AM.

Sigh... I guess there's still some people who just don't like these kind of manga's or anime's no matter how popular or praise it gets... at a certain amount of time anyway.
    I don't judge how good a manga is on Popularity....sorry
    One Piece is really popular but I never really liked it

I don't judge how good a manga is on Popularity....sorry
    One Piece is really popular but I never really liked it
    Yep. You don't seem to have a taste for manga or anime that starts out boring at first, expands the idea too long at a point it seems that it delays it even if it picks up some interest. You seem like the guy who likes the manga that gets to the point at the beginning and at the end, the manga ends in a few years later with the subject or main idea ending at the right moment rather than several years later and expanding the idea longer at a point it seems repetitive at times. I've noticed that for a while, not just in manga, but in TV series and I think a few comics. I think the best example... would be The Simpsons, even though they didn't had a boring start, they expanded into 20 years for quite a long time, which even I have to admit has shown it's repetitive bad side. This is more of a guess than a judgement of how you are with pop culture, so don't get the wrong idea.
    Last edited by Santa Shoz; 03-23-2013 at 08:12 AM.

Yep. You don't seem to have a taste for manga or anime that starts out boring at first, expands the idea too long at a point it seems that it delays it even if it picks up some interest. You seem like the guy who likes the manga that gets to the point at the beginning and ends in a few years later rather than several years later.
    I don't want to fucking read a manga forever waiting it to end.
    I like short story-oriented anime's better rather then these Arc-oriented ones
    To me Naruto,Fairy Tail and One Piece just have some characters created with some special powers and the author makes up stories as he goes on...which is definetely not entertaining to me.The characters are usually 1-dimensional...the story is just Good Guy beat Bad Guy(with variations such as "No I wasn't a bad guy I was a victim" or Plot-twists and shit)
    No point in continuing a Manga for 1000002201320390 chapters when the Author can just move on and create a different one instead.I don't get how people who read One Piece don't get tired of it already

This is the reason I much prefer Studio Ghibli films(even though I've only seen handful of them) over Anime

Meh... at least you were more accurate this time... heh heh

No particular order.

Ranma 1/2
    Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood (and the original, to cheat)
    FLCL
    Sailor Moon (JP version)
    Neon Genesis Evangelion

Honorary mentions: Urusei Yatsura, .hack/SIGN, Cowboy Bebop, Haunted Junction, Death Note, Haibane Renmei, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (current series, not OAV).
    facebook / twitter / tumblr
    round and round let the city turn party in the hills we can party in the burbs roof on fire let it burn champagne in my hand I'm not concerned

Blog Entries

Wow! I totally forgot Cowboy Bebop!
    Great anime

number one burpo fan Hommer for the Holidays's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Your Top Five Anime's.

Top Five Anime's.

Five Anime's.

Anime's.

e's

'

21. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Insomnia

Remember Me As I Was 1010011010's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Has anyone seen Bobobo-Bo-Bobobo? I remember watching it as a kid and loving the sheer randomness and how weird it was. Bleach I kind of just stopped watching after the Soul Society Arc just because of the boring Filler arcs, and whenever I do catch episodes now, they're usually not doing that much and usually end with nothing happening, but I still like it sort of.
    Just because I'm stupider than them, they think they're smarter than me!
    Simpsons Season 27 Ratings:
    Every Man's Dream-4.8/10 Cue Detective-6/10 Puffless-7/10 Halloween of Horror-8.4/10 Treehouse of Horror XXVI-(4.5, 5, 3.5) 4.25/10 Friend With Benefit-5/10 Lisa With An 'S'-5.5/10 Paths of Glory--/10 Barthood--/10 The Girl Code--/10 Teenage Mutant Milk-Caused Hurdles--/10 Much Apu About Something--/10 Gal of Constant Sorrow--/10 Love Is in the N2-O2-Ar-CO2-Ne-He-CH4--/10 Lisa the Veterinarian--/10 The Marge-ian Chronicles--/10 The Burns Cage--/10 How Lisa Got Her Marge Back--/10 Fland Canyon--/10 Simprovised--/10 To Courier With Love--/10 Orange is the New Yellow--/10
    Futurama Season 7B Ratings:
    2-D Blacktop-7.5/10 Fry and Leela's Big Fling-7.9/10 T.: The Terrestrial-8.2/10 Forty Percent Leadbelly-6.8/10 The Inhuman Torch-8.4/10 Saturday Morning Fun Pit-(9, 7, 8.5) 8.2/10 Calculon 2.0-8.7/10 Assie Come Home-8.5/10 Leela and the Genestalk-7.2/10 Game of Tones-9.2/10 Murder on The Planet Express-9/10 Stench and Stenchibility-8.5/10 Meanwhile-9.5/10
    Jumping the Shark since 1998...
    Alternate Ending Winner of NHC Survivor Season 1

Blog Entries

Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood
    Soul Eater
    High School of the Dead
    Higurashi
    Full Metal Al;chemist (orginal)

Another one I liked was Elfin Lied.
    I haven't watched to many animes.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 1010011010 View Post
    Has anyone seen Bobobo-Bo-Bobobo? I remember watching it as a kid and loving the sheer randomness and how weird it was. Bleach I kind of just stopped watching after the Soul Society Arc just because of the boring Filler arcs, and whenever I do catch episodes now, they're usually not doing that much and usually end with nothing happening, but I still like it sort of.
    I watched Bobobob as a kid when it was on Toonami.
    I have no idea if has held up as I am an adult now.

Well I re-edited my top 5. Anyone else thinking about re-editing their top 5's?

Blog Entries

the only animes i've seen enough of to thoroughly judge are gundam (which i hate) and cowboy bebop (which is pretty good)

so there's my two favorite i guess

that guy you forgot existed Judge Fudge's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I've only seen Hetalia: Axis Powers, so I'll go with that.

Banned
    Blog Entries

I used to be a fan of the Pokemon anime () so I guess I'll say that.

Blog Entries

so 5. pokemon
    4. pokemon
    3. pokemon
    2. pokemon
    and 1. pokemon

Blog Entries

5. neon genesis evangelion
    4. homestuck
    3. pokemon
    2. sailor moon
    1. daria

Changed my list again, left out Neon Genesis Evangelion, thought about putting in Stein's Gate, but ultimately I settled with these five. I almost forgot about Darker than Black before. Found it more interesting than Full Metal Alchemist, due to mixing actual physics with super-powers such as manipulating matter through electricity, getting killed by hail if you go at bullet speed, the power to freeze liquid-based substances through cold temperatures rather than actually creating a block of ice out of nothing (which is how most anime does it), and so on. Although the story only makes sense if you go from Season 1 to the Gaiden Series than to Season 2... and yeah... so... anyone else, anyone wants to change their list again? Anyone at all?

Thread Information