• 2/5

1 10.00%
  • 1/5 Wedding for Disaster

5 50.00%

Thread: R&R Family Guy S18E06 "Peter & Lois' Wedding"

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

R&R Family Guy S18E06 "Peter & Lois' Wedding"

The Wi-Fi goes out in the Griffin house, leaving the family with nothing to do for the evening. In order to keep the family entertained, Peter and Lois decide to tell the kids the story of how they met and fell in love in the '90s.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovebender.com View Post
    I love women.

Hercules Rockefeller Homer Samson's Avatar

The 5/5 option should say The Way We Was
    Best and Worst Episode per Season:
    1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Night Out 2: One Fish, Two Fish, Blowfish, Blue Fish/Bart's Dog Gets an 'F' 3: Bart the Murderer/Saturdays of Thunder 4: Homer the Heretic/So Its Come To This: A Simpsons Clip Show 5: Cape Feare/Lady Bouvier's Lover 6: Homie the Clown/Another Simpsons Clip Show 7: Raging Abe Simpson and his Grumbling Grandson in " The Curse of the Flying Hellfish"/Scenes From the Class Struggle in Springfield 8: The Springfield Files/The Old Man and the Lisa 9: The City of New York vs. Homer Simpson/Miracle on Evergreen Terrace 10: Mayored to the Mob/Homer Simpson in: Kidney Trouble 11: Grift of the Magi/Eight Misbehavin' 12: Trilogy of Error/I'm Goin' to Praiseland 13: The Blunder Years/The Lastest Gun in the West 14: Moe Baby Blues/The Strong Arms of the Ma 15: My Mother the Carjacker/Co-Dependent's Day 16: The Heartbroke Kid/Homer and Ned's Hail Mary Pass 17: The Seemingly Never-Ending Story/The Bonfire of the Manatees 18: The Mook, The Chef, The Wife, and Her Homer/The Boys of Bummer 19: Eternal Moonshine of the Simpson Mind/Husbands and Knives 20: Gone Maggie Gone/Lisa the Drama Queen 21: The Squirt and the Whale/The Greatest Story Ever D'ohed 22: Homer Scissorhands/The Fight Before Christmas 23: The Book Job/Lisa Goes Gaga 24: The Saga of Carl/Love is a Many-Splintered Thing 25: Brick Like Me/What to Expect When Bart's Expecting 26: Sky Police/The Musk Who Fell to Earth 27: Barthood/Every Man's Dream 28: 22 for 30/The Caper Chase 29: Flanders' Ladder/Singin' in the Lane 30: Woo-hoo Dunnit?/I Want You (She's So Heavy)

Blog Entries

pretty good episode. one of FG's consistently funnier efforts in recent memory. nice to see them take some barbs at FRIENDS because FRIENDS is horrible. episode was by and large pretty dumb but they seemed aware of it, i'm always glad when FG doesn't take itself achingly seriously and just does jokes since it's always at its worst when it tries adhering to some shoestring narrative. plus i don't remember any dumb grossout stuff so that's a plus. 3.5/5

4. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Sam

Hercules Rockefeller Homer Samson's Avatar

I think this episode was ridiculous in its telling of Peter and Lois's backstory, but all I need to do is pretend it is a non-canon version of their story and it gets a 4/5 from me. Even the stupid bullcrap in this episode was funny for what its worth; Joe's cameo made me laugh hard and the Beavis and Butthead moment was pretty funny too. Best of the season so far.

Junior Camper

It really is time to throw Family Guy into the dust bin: this is an appalling episode without an ounce of humour. What's even worse is that it appears to be inspired by that piss-poor zombie simpsons* episode with the early years of Homer and Marge's marriage where Homer forms a band called 'Sadgasm'.

What was with the dreadful cameo of Beavis and Butt-head? 'Hurr durr Peter laughing is like Beavis and Butt-head! That'll be the crappy pop-culture reference for this week!' At least DO something with it! Shame on Mike Judge for allowing it.

Why can't shows just die a dignified death anymore? On and on and on and on with the shitty writing, the terrible dialogue, the jokes that fall flat and the painful reminders that FG used to be funny.

End it now!

*A tautology perhaps?
    Last edited by edwithmj; 11-12-2019 at 11:23 AM.

Well, looks like I get to be the asshole who comes in to say that this was actually pretty awful and I wasn't expecting much from it to begin yet it proved to be worse than I expected

I actually rewatched That 90's Show for the first time since it's premiere in preparation for this episode since that was the first thing I thought of when this episode was announced. And for what is considered to be one of the worst episodes of The Simpsons, I honestly thought it was pretty "Meh". Sure the 90s references in that were mostly eyeroll worthy, but at least that episode actually has a story (albeit one that's at the expense of severe retconning).

This on the other hand felt like an unpolished first draft of that episode as it's largely the third episode this year from one of the MacFarlane based shows that can be pretty much summed up as "Reference = Joke, so laugh damn you!" with it a pretty nonexistent plot (if there even is one). And while it's not as up it's own ass as Top of the Steve was it's definitely worse than Disney's The Reboot and is now my pick for worst of the season (and possibly worst episode of FG for all of 2019).

.5/5, generously rounded up to a 1 for the poll.
    Family Guy Season 18 Ratings - Yacht Rocky: 1.5/5 Bri-Da: 2.5/5 Absolutely Babulous: 1.5/5 Disney's The Reboot: 1.5/5 Cat Fight: 1.5/5 Peter & Lois' Wedding: .5/5 Heart Burn: 1.5/5 Shanksgiving: .5/5 Christmas is Coming: 2/5 Connie's Celica: 0/5
    American Dad! Season 15 Ratings - Fantasy Baseball: 1.5/5 I Am the Jeans: The Gina Lavetti Story: 0/5 Stan & Francine & Connie & Ted: 0/5 Rabbit Ears: 1.5/5 Jeff and the Dank Ass Weed Factory: 1/5 Lost Boys: 0/5 Shark?!: 1/5 The Long March: 2/5 The Hall Monitor and the Lunch Lady: 0/5 Wild Women Do: 2/5 An Irish Goodbye: 3/5 Stompe le Monde: 0/5 Mom Sauce: 0/5 Hamerican Dad!: 0/5 Demolition Daddy: 0/5 Pride Before the Fail: .5/5 Enter Stanman: 0/5 No Weddings and a Funeral: 0/5 Eight Fires: 1.5/5 The Hand That Rocks the Rogu: 0/5 Downtown: TBD Cheek to Cheek: A Stripper's Story: TBD

Quote Originally Posted by John95 View Post
    Well, looks like I get to be the asshole who comes in to say that this was actually pretty awful and I wasn't expecting much from it to begin yet it proved to be worse than I expected

I actually rewatched That 90's Show for the first time since it's premiere in preparation for this episode since that was the first thing I thought of when this episode was announced. And for what is considered to be one of the worst episodes of The Simpsons, I honestly thought it was pretty "Meh". Sure the 90s references in that were mostly eyeroll worthy, but at least that episode actually has a story (albeit one that's at the expense of severe retconning).

This on the other hand felt like an unpolished first draft of that episode as it's largely the third episode this year from one of the MacFarlane based shows that can be pretty much summed up as "Reference = Joke, so laugh damn you!" with it a pretty nonexistent plot (if there even is one). And while it's not as up it's own ass as Top of the Steve was it's definitely worse than Disney's The Reboot and is now my pick for worst of the season (and possibly worst episode of FG for all of 2019).

.5/5, generously rounded up to a 1 for the poll.
    I don't think they could do worse than "Trump Guy." The third act was kinda decent, but that episode had some of the worst material in the entire series. This one was pretty bad, too, but it wasn't taking itself seriously at all, so I don't think it matters.

@Dr. Nihilistic, I'd consider this worse because so far it's proving to be more overrated (this year's Switch the Flip basically, except I'd rewatch that one before this) whereas everyone pretty much knew Trump Guy was awful. That, and there were a few more funny moments in that.

Also, the whole "Doesn't take itself seriously" claim is as BS as the people saying that American Fung is actually brilliant because it's purposefully terrible.

Hey John95. Your'e not an asshole. You told the truth. I didn't care for it either. I hated Peter punching Meg in the face. REALLY?!!!! Lazy a-hole writers!! It was a bad Friends parody and the actual show was better than this. The Bevis and Butthead spoof made me chuckle but that was it. This deserves a 1.

Blog Entries

why r u watching this show

Junior Camper

Enjoyable episode with quite a few funny lines all the way through. 4/5.

Junior Camper

Enjoyable episode with good laughs, satire at the 90's and a good story. A- or 4.5/5 but for the polls 5/5

Thread Information