Thread: What are the best episodes after the golden age?

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

What are the best episodes after the golden age?

What are your favorite episodes from season 10 to 31?
    Is there an episode from that era which is your favorite?

I'd love to hear your thoughts and opinions

I reckon Halloween of Horror (TABF22) is probably hands down one of the best post golden years Simpsons episodes.
    I reckon it uses the character arcs of the classic years like homer not being jerk-ass homer and actually caring for his daughter in a horrific situation. Along side this it uses the new modern look of the show making very appealing scenes like krustys horror night. The episode also merges some classic style jokes with modern features. This makes Halloween of Horror stand out as the golden star in a sky full of darkness.

My honourable mentions are The Book Job (NABF22), Mansion Family (BABF08), Sex,Pies, and Idiot Scrapes (KABF17), Gone Maggie Gone (LABF04)
    And Treehouse of horror XX (LABF14) for being the last treehouse of horror with 3 good segments all around

3. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Szyslak100

Here I come, world! Financial Panther's Avatar
    Blog Entries

HOMR is the best Scully episode, The Dad Who Knew Too Little is the best Jean episode, and Gone Maggie Gone is the best HD episode. HOMR has beautiful emotional depth to it, which is a rarity for a Scully episode. Lisa/Homer episodes can be really powerful. It takes a while to get going, but it’s amazing when it does.

The Dad Who Knew Too Little is another Lisa/Homer episode, bur while not as deep or resonating as HOMR, it’s a hilarious episode that still manages to capture the relationship of Lisa and Homer. Nearly every joke hits in this episode. It’s a definite gem.

Gone Maggie Gone is a very unique episode in its puzzle format, and it’s very entertaining in that too. The episode doesn’t go overboard with the puzzles, nor does it take itself too seriously. It’s a good mystery episode.
    Favorite and least favorite by season
    1. Krusty Gets Busted There’s No Disgrace Like Home 2. Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3. Homer at the Bat Like Father, Like Clown 4. Brother From the Same Planet Krusty Gets Kancelled 5. Cape Feare Lady Bouvier’s Lover 6. Homer Badman Another Simpsons Clip Show 7. King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8. Homer’s Enemy El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer 9. Bart Carny The Trouble With Trillions 10. Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: “Kidney Trouble” 11. Guess Who’s Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12. HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13. Tales From the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14. The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15. I, Annoyed Grunt)-bot Bart-Mangled Banner 16. A Star is Torn On a Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister 17. My Fair Laddy Bonfire of the Manatees 18. The Haw-Hawed Couple You Kent Always Say What You Want 19. Funeral for a Fiend All About Lisa 20. Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21. The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22. Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23. The Falcon and the D’ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24. Hardly Kirk-ing Moonshine River 25. The War of Art What to Expect When Bart’s Expecting 26. Sky Police Let’s Go Fly a Coot 27. Halloween of Horror Lisa With an ‘S’ 28. There Will Be Buds Moho House 29. Springfield Splendor Throw Grampa From the Dane

Trilogy of Error was one of the best post-Classic episodes, even at Dead Homers they admitted that.

First of all, I should note that season 7 is the pinnacle for me. Season 8 and partly 9 belongs in the Golden Era too, although the same
    could not be said of season 10... Anyway, if season 10 is generally considered the transition season marking the end of The Simpsons'
    Golden Era, so be it. From the perspective of the most memorable episodes since the beginning of the show's decline (IMHO), I would
    highlight the following ones (three for each season).

Season 11:
    "Brother's Little Helper'' is not only a standout episode in general, but also one of the best Bart's episodes in the Post-Classic Era.
    "E-I-E-I-(Annoyed Grunt)" " is one of the season's bests.
    "Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder" is probably the best episode with Maggie as 'the forgotten Simpson'.
    Season 12:
    "Lisa the Tree Hugger" is surely the best Lisa's episode in later Simpsons' episodes. Plus, it has strong (based on a true story) plot.
    "The Computer Wore Menace Shoes" is simply memorable social satire episode about the Internet, although it's underestimated.
    "HOMR" is one of the best Homer's episodes in the Post-Classic Era, winning the award for "Outstanding Animated Program".
    Season 13:
    "Treehouse of Horror XII" is one of my all-time favorite 'Treehouse of Horror' episodes.
    "The Blunder Years" is a classical amusing parody with mystery and intrigue.
    "Half-Decent Proposal'' is my all-time favorite Homer & Marge episode. It's the best episode from the 13th season.
    Season 14:
    "Treehouse of Horror XIII" is actually the last Treehouse of Horror to have three separate writers credited for writing three stories,
    so it's totally worth to watch.
    "How I Spent My Strummer Vacation" is one of my top later Homer's episodes; and simply the best from the 14th season.
    This episode is the last to be produced in traditional cel animation, and is the last one written by Mike Scully.
    "Special Edna" is the second best from the 14th season. I’ve liked episodes that focus on the relationship of Skinner and Krabappel.
    Exceptionally, as a fourth episode, I will mention "Three Gays of the Condo". It's The Simpsons' second episode to revolve around
    homosexuality, which won the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Animated Program, just as "Homer's Phobia" did in season 8.

To be continued...

7. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Szyslak100

@BartArt great choices for season 12.

"The Computer Wore Menace Shoes" for the simple fact we have Trump.
    "Homr" I don't know what's more funny, "Urinal cake eroding" or "Extended warranty how can I lose."
    "Lisa the Tree Hugger" one word: "Bag-zooka."
    HOMER, YOU'RE DUMB AS A MULE AND TWICE AS UGLY. IF A STRANGE MAN OFFERS YOU A RIDE I SAY TAKE IT!

Blog Entries

yokel chords
    o shit its 2021 and still havent posted on this forum

Chatting Simpsons Since '93 Brad Lascelle's Avatar

I made a list! (I make a lot of lists.)

24 Minutes (S18E21 / JABF14) | Writers = Ian Maxtone-Graham & Billy Kimball | Director = Raymond S. Persi | Showrunner = Al Jean
    Barthood (S27E9 / VABF02) | Writer = Dan Greaney | Director = Rob Oliver | Showrunner = Al Jean
    Behind the Laughter (S11E22 / BABF19) | Writers = Matt Selman, Tim Long, George Meyer & Mike Scully | Director = Mark Kirkland | Showrunner = Mike Scully
    The Book Job (S23E6 / NABF22) | Writer = Dan Vebber | Director = Bob Anderson | Showrunner = Matt Selman
    Brick Like Me (S25E20 / RABF21) | Writer = Brian Kelley | Director = Matthew Nastuk | Showrunner = Matt Selman
    C.E.D'oh (S14E15 / EABF10) | Writer = Dana Gould | Director = Mike B. Anderson | Showrunner = Al Jean
    The Dad Who Knew Too Little (S14E8 / EABF03) | Writer = Matt Selman | Director = Mark Kirkland | Showrunner = Al Jean
    The Debarted (S19E13 / KABF06) | Writer = Joel H. Cohen | Director = Matthew Nastuk | Showrunner = Al Jean
    Dial "N" for Nerder (S19E14 / KABF07) | Writers = Carolyn Omine & William Wright | Director = Bob Anderson | Showrunner = Al Jean
    Don't Fear the Roofer (S16E16 / GABF10) | Writer = Kevin Curran | Director = Mark Kirkland | Showrunner = Al Jean
    Eeny Teeny Maya Moe (S20E16 / LABF06) | Writer = John Frink | Director = Nancy Kruse | Showrunner = Al Jean
    Eternal Moonshine of the Simpson Mind (S19E9 / KABF02) | Writer = J. Stewart Burns | Director = Chuck Sheetz | Showrunner = Al Jean
    The Father, the Son and the Holy Guest Star (S16E21 / GABF09) | Writer = Matt Warburton | Director = Michael Polcino | Showrunner = Al Jean
    Fland Canyon (S27E19 / VABF12) | Writer = J. Stewart Burns | Director = Michael Polcino | Showrunner = Al Jean
    Forgive and Regret (S29E18 / XABF09) | Writer = Bill Odenkirk | Director = Rob Oliver | Showrunner = Al Jean
    Fraudcast News (S15E22 / FABF18) | Writer = Don Payne | Director = Bob Anderson | Showrunner = Al Jean
    Future-Drama (S16E15 / GABF12) | Writer = Matt Selman | Director = Mike B. Anderson | Showrunner = Al Jean
    Girls Just Want to Have Sums (S17E19 / HABF12) | Writer = Matt Selman | Director = Nancy Kruse | Showrunner = Al Jean
    Gone Boy (S29E9 / XABF02) | Writer = John Frink | Director = Rob Oliver | Showrunner = Al Jean
    Gone Maggie Gone (S20E13 / LABF04) | Writers = Ian Maxtone-Graham & Billy Kimball | Director = Chris Clements | Showrunner = Al Jean
    Half-Decent Proposal (S13E10 / DABF04) | Writer = Tim Long | Director = Lauren MacMullan | Showrunner = Al Jean
    Halloween of Horror (S27E4 / TABF22) | Writer = Carolyn Omine | Director = Mike B. Anderson | Showrunner = Matt Selman
    The Haw-Hawed Couple (S18E8 / JABF02) | Writer = Matt Selman | Director = Chris Clements | Showrunner = Al Jean
    The Heartbroke Kid (S16E17 / GABF11) | Writer = Ian Maxtone-Graham | Director = Steven Dean Moore | Showrunner = Al Jean
    Holidays of Future Passed (S23E9 / NABF18) | Writer = J. Stewart Burns | Director = Rob Oliver | Showrunner = Al Jean
    HOMЯ (S12E9 / BABF22) | Writer = Al Jean | Director = Mike B. Anderson | Showrunner = Mike Scully
    Hungry, Hungry Homer (S12E15 / CABF09) | Writer = John Swartzwelder | Director = Nancy Kruse | Showrunner = Mike Scully
    I Am Furious (Yellow) (S13E18 / DABF13) | Writer = John Swartzwelder | Director = Chuck Sheetz | Showrunner = Al Jean
    I, D'oh-bot (S15E9 / FABF04) | Writers = Dan Greaney & Allen Glazier | Director = Lauren MacMullan | Showrunner = Al Jean
    I'm Spelling as Fast as I Can (S14E12 / EABF07) | Writer = Kevin Curran | Director = Nancy Kruse | Showrunner = Al Jean
    Little Girl in the Big Ten (S13E20 / DABF15) | Writer = Jon Vitti | Director = Lauren MacMullan | Showrunner = Al Jean
    Milhouse Doesn't Live Here Anymore (S15E12 / FABF07) | Writers = Julie Chambers & David Chambers | Director = Matthew Nastuk | Showrunner = Al Jean
    Moe Baby Blues (S14E22 / EABF17) | Writer = J. Stewart Burns | Director = Lauren MacMullan | Showrunner = Al Jean
    My Mother the Carjacker (S15E2 / EABF18) | Writer = Michael Price | Director = Nancy Kruse | Showrunner = Al Jean
    Oh Brother, Where Bart Thou? (S21E8 / MABF01) | Writer = Matt Selman | Director = Steven Dean Moore | Showrunner = Al Jean
    Poppa's Got a Brand New Badge (S13E22 / DABF17) | Writer = Dana Gould | Director = Pete Michels | Showrunner = Al Jean
    'Scuse Me While I Miss the Sky (S14E16 / EABF11) | Writers = Dan Greaney & Allen Glazier | Director = Steven Dean Moore | Showrunner = Al Jean
    The Seemingly Never-Ending Story (S17E13 / HABF06) | Writer = Ian Maxtone-Graham | Director = Raymond S. Persi | Showrunner = Al Jean
    Simple Simpson (S15E19 / FABF15) | Writer = Jon Vitti | Director = Jim Reardon | Showrunner = Al Jean
    Skinner's Sense of Snow (S12E8 / CABF06) | Writer = Tim Long | Director = Lance Kramer | Showrunner = Mike Scully
    Sleeping With the Enemy (S16E3 / FABF19) | Writer = Jon Vitti | Director = Lauren MacMullan | Showrunner = Al Jean
    Special Edna (S14E7 / EABF02) | Writer = Dennis Snee | Director = Bob Anderson | Showrunner = Al Jean
    Springfield Up (S18E13 / JABF07) | Writer = Matt Warburton | Director = Chuck Sheetz | Showrunner = Al Jean
    Steal This Episode (S25E9 / SABF05) | Writer = J. Stewart Burns | Director = Matthew Nastuk | Showrunner = Matt Selman
    Thank God It's Doomsday (S16E19 / GABF14) | Writer = Don Payne | Director = Michael Marcantel | Showrunner = Al Jean
    'Tis the Fifteenth Season (S15E7 / FABF02) | Writer = Michael Price | Director = Steven Dean Moore | Showrunner = Al Jean
    The Town (S28E3 / VABF17) | Writer = Dave King | Director = Rob Oliver | Showrunner = Matt Selman
    Treehouse of Horror XX (S21E4 / LABF14) | Writer = Daniel Chun | Directors = Mike B. Anderson & Matthew Schofield | Showrunner = Al Jean
    Trilogy of Error (S12E18 / CABF14) | Writer = Matt Selman | Director = Mike B. Anderson | Showrunner = Mike Scully
    The Way We Weren't (S15E20 / FABF13) | Writer = J. Stewart Burns | Director = Mike B. Anderson | Showrunner = Al Jean

These are the Top 50 best-reviewed post-golden age Simpsons episodes based on a harmonized consensus between NoHomers and IMDB episode ratings.
    I rolled it out over a year ago and will be tweaking it annually as scores adjust between the two sites.
    SEASON 31 RANKINGS
    The Winter of Our Monetized Content - 2/5 / Go Big or Go Homer - 2.5/5 / The Fat Blue Line - 3.5/5
    THOH XXX = Danger Things - 2.5/5 / Heaven Swipes Right - 1.5/5 / When Hairy Met Slimy - 2/5
    Gorillas on the Mast - 4/5 / Marge the Lumberjill - 2.5/5 / Livin' la Pura Vida - 5/5
    THANKSGIVING OF HORROR = A-Gobble-ypto - 3/5 / The Fourth Thursday After Tomorrow - 5/5 / The Last Thanksgiving - 3.5/5
    Todd, Todd, Why Hast Thou Forsaken Me? - ?/5 / Bobby, It's Cold Outside - ?/5

11. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Szyslak100

Homerland

Junior Camper

Does Behind the Laughter count? Because that is one of the best episodes they ever made. Just an incredible premise and they absolutely get the most out of the fourth-wall breaks. Homer's demo version of the show, Lisa writing a sleazy book bashing her family, the lawyers at Thanksgiving. It's almost perfect. Only a very few things don't work, some visual gags which pre-empt how mindlessly wacky the show would later become. But there's still a healthy sparkling of that old Simpsons magic left.

Also 24 Minutes. They do an incredible job with the concept, and every character feels more in-character than they had for some time at that point. Bart isn't a crybaby Momma's boy, he's a master criminal. Skinner isn't an apathetic simpleton, he's a dedicated educator who's a bit of a square. Even the animation is great. Especially the scene of Martin giving himself a wedgie, full of fake gravitas which just makes the absurdity of it all stand out more.
    Like Behind the Laughter, the needlessly random aspects weaken it, but it's an episode I can watch over and over again. And Kiefer goddamned Sutherland is in it. So it gets a 10/10 for that alone.

14. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Szyslak100

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Lascelle View Post
    I made a list! (I make a lot of lists.)

24 Minutes (S18E21 / JABF14) | Writers = Ian Maxtone-Graham & Billy Kimball | Director = Raymond S. Persi | Showrunner = Al Jean
    Barthood (S27E9 / VABF02) | Writer = Dan Greaney | Director = Rob Oliver | Showrunner = Al Jean
    Behind the Laughter (S11E22 / BABF19) | Writers = Matt Selman, Tim Long, George Meyer & Mike Scully | Director = Mark Kirkland | Showrunner = Mike Scully
    The Book Job (S23E6 / NABF22) | Writer = Dan Vebber | Director = Bob Anderson | Showrunner = Matt Selman
    Brick Like Me (S25E20 / RABF21) | Writer = Brian Kelley | Director = Matthew Nastuk | Showrunner = Matt Selman
    C.E.D'oh (S14E15 / EABF10) | Writer = Dana Gould | Director = Mike B. Anderson | Showrunner = Al Jean
    The Dad Who Knew Too Little (S14E8 / EABF03) | Writer = Matt Selman | Director = Mark Kirkland | Showrunner = Al Jean
    The Debarted (S19E13 / KABF06) | Writer = Joel H. Cohen | Director = Matthew Nastuk | Showrunner = Al Jean
    Dial "N" for Nerder (S19E14 / KABF07) | Writers = Carolyn Omine & William Wright | Director = Bob Anderson | Showrunner = Al Jean
    Don't Fear the Roofer (S16E16 / GABF10) | Writer = Kevin Curran | Director = Mark Kirkland | Showrunner = Al Jean
    Eeny Teeny Maya Moe (S20E16 / LABF06) | Writer = John Frink | Director = Nancy Kruse | Showrunner = Al Jean
    Eternal Moonshine of the Simpson Mind (S19E9 / KABF02) | Writer = J. Stewart Burns | Director = Chuck Sheetz | Showrunner = Al Jean
    The Father, the Son and the Holy Guest Star (S16E21 / GABF09) | Writer = Matt Warburton | Director = Michael Polcino | Showrunner = Al Jean
    Fland Canyon (S27E19 / VABF12) | Writer = J. Stewart Burns | Director = Michael Polcino | Showrunner = Al Jean
    Forgive and Regret (S29E18 / XABF09) | Writer = Bill Odenkirk | Director = Rob Oliver | Showrunner = Al Jean
    Fraudcast News (S15E22 / FABF18) | Writer = Don Payne | Director = Bob Anderson | Showrunner = Al Jean
    Future-Drama (S16E15 / GABF12) | Writer = Matt Selman | Director = Mike B. Anderson | Showrunner = Al Jean
    Girls Just Want to Have Sums (S17E19 / HABF12) | Writer = Matt Selman | Director = Nancy Kruse | Showrunner = Al Jean
    Gone Boy (S29E9 / XABF02) | Writer = John Frink | Director = Rob Oliver | Showrunner = Al Jean
    Gone Maggie Gone (S20E13 / LABF04) | Writers = Ian Maxtone-Graham & Billy Kimball | Director = Chris Clements | Showrunner = Al Jean
    Half-Decent Proposal (S13E10 / DABF04) | Writer = Tim Long | Director = Lauren MacMullan | Showrunner = Al Jean
    Halloween of Horror (S27E4 / TABF22) | Writer = Carolyn Omine | Director = Mike B. Anderson | Showrunner = Matt Selman
    The Haw-Hawed Couple (S18E8 / JABF02) | Writer = Matt Selman | Director = Chris Clements | Showrunner = Al Jean
    The Heartbroke Kid (S16E17 / GABF11) | Writer = Ian Maxtone-Graham | Director = Steven Dean Moore | Showrunner = Al Jean
    Holidays of Future Passed (S23E9 / NABF18) | Writer = J. Stewart Burns | Director = Rob Oliver | Showrunner = Al Jean
    HOMЯ (S12E9 / BABF22) | Writer = Al Jean | Director = Mike B. Anderson | Showrunner = Mike Scully
    Hungry, Hungry Homer (S12E15 / CABF09) | Writer = John Swartzwelder | Director = Nancy Kruse | Showrunner = Mike Scully
    I Am Furious (Yellow) (S13E18 / DABF13) | Writer = John Swartzwelder | Director = Chuck Sheetz | Showrunner = Al Jean
    I, D'oh-bot (S15E9 / FABF04) | Writers = Dan Greaney & Allen Glazier | Director = Lauren MacMullan | Showrunner = Al Jean
    I'm Spelling as Fast as I Can (S14E12 / EABF07) | Writer = Kevin Curran | Director = Nancy Kruse | Showrunner = Al Jean
    Little Girl in the Big Ten (S13E20 / DABF15) | Writer = Jon Vitti | Director = Lauren MacMullan | Showrunner = Al Jean
    Milhouse Doesn't Live Here Anymore (S15E12 / FABF07) | Writers = Julie Chambers & David Chambers | Director = Matthew Nastuk | Showrunner = Al Jean
    Moe Baby Blues (S14E22 / EABF17) | Writer = J. Stewart Burns | Director = Lauren MacMullan | Showrunner = Al Jean
    My Mother the Carjacker (S15E2 / EABF18) | Writer = Michael Price | Director = Nancy Kruse | Showrunner = Al Jean
    Oh Brother, Where Bart Thou? (S21E8 / MABF01) | Writer = Matt Selman | Director = Steven Dean Moore | Showrunner = Al Jean
    Poppa's Got a Brand New Badge (S13E22 / DABF17) | Writer = Dana Gould | Director = Pete Michels | Showrunner = Al Jean
    'Scuse Me While I Miss the Sky (S14E16 / EABF11) | Writers = Dan Greaney & Allen Glazier | Director = Steven Dean Moore | Showrunner = Al Jean
    The Seemingly Never-Ending Story (S17E13 / HABF06) | Writer = Ian Maxtone-Graham | Director = Raymond S. Persi | Showrunner = Al Jean
    Simple Simpson (S15E19 / FABF15) | Writer = Jon Vitti | Director = Jim Reardon | Showrunner = Al Jean
    Skinner's Sense of Snow (S12E8 / CABF06) | Writer = Tim Long | Director = Lance Kramer | Showrunner = Mike Scully
    Sleeping With the Enemy (S16E3 / FABF19) | Writer = Jon Vitti | Director = Lauren MacMullan | Showrunner = Al Jean
    Special Edna (S14E7 / EABF02) | Writer = Dennis Snee | Director = Bob Anderson | Showrunner = Al Jean
    Springfield Up (S18E13 / JABF07) | Writer = Matt Warburton | Director = Chuck Sheetz | Showrunner = Al Jean
    Steal This Episode (S25E9 / SABF05) | Writer = J. Stewart Burns | Director = Matthew Nastuk | Showrunner = Matt Selman
    Thank God It's Doomsday (S16E19 / GABF14) | Writer = Don Payne | Director = Michael Marcantel | Showrunner = Al Jean
    'Tis the Fifteenth Season (S15E7 / FABF02) | Writer = Michael Price | Director = Steven Dean Moore | Showrunner = Al Jean
    The Town (S28E3 / VABF17) | Writer = Dave King | Director = Rob Oliver | Showrunner = Matt Selman
    Treehouse of Horror XX (S21E4 / LABF14) | Writer = Daniel Chun | Directors = Mike B. Anderson & Matthew Schofield | Showrunner = Al Jean
    Trilogy of Error (S12E18 / CABF14) | Writer = Matt Selman | Director = Mike B. Anderson | Showrunner = Mike Scully
    The Way We Weren't (S15E20 / FABF13) | Writer = J. Stewart Burns | Director = Mike B. Anderson | Showrunner = Al Jean

These are the Top 50 best-reviewed post-golden age Simpsons episodes based on a harmonized consensus between NoHomers and IMDB episode ratings.
    I rolled it out over a year ago and will be tweaking it annually as scores adjust between the two sites.
    Hey,

thank u so much for the list, it helped me alot.

regards 9apps apk cartoon hd app
    Last edited by mileys1990; 11-16-2019 at 08:29 PM.

Bart the Mother is probably the best post season 9 episode. It has a real emotional core to it.

Other good ones include:

Behind the Laughter: Probably the last episode that can compete with the golden age episodes in terms of quality of the jokes.
    Grift of the Magi: The story is so-so, but it has a lot of great jokes.
    Dont Fear the Roofer: It has a surprisingly interesting storyline.
    Homer Simpson, this is your Wife: Many elements of the episode are mediocre but Ricky Gervais KILLS IT with his character and his dialogue.
    Brick Like Me: A stand out episode in terms of creative storyline.

As for me, Coming to Homerica, Orange Is the New Yellow, The Wife Aquatic, Halloween of Horror, Fraudcast News are defenitely great and the bests after Golden age.
    Last edited by The B; 11-15-2019 at 10:24 AM. Reason: correction
    IMHO the most and the least favourite episodes of each season (without trilogy episodes, upd. 30/10/19):
    1. There’s No Disgrace Like Home/Homer’s Night Out 2. Old Money/Simpson and Delilah 3. Bart the Lover/Homer Alone 4. Homer’s Triple Bypass/Marge in Chains 5. Secrets of a Successful Marriage/Burns’ Heir 6. Two Dozen and One Greyhounds/A Star Is Burns 7. Home Sweet Homediddly-Dum-Doodily/Bart the Fink 8. Simpsoncalifragilisticexpiala(Annoyed Grunt)cious/The Springfield Files 9. Miracle on Evergreen Terrace/Das Bus 10. Maximum Homerdrive/Monty Can’t Buy Me Love 11. Grift of the Magi/Pygmoelian 12. Homer vs. Dignity/New Kids on the Blecch 13. Poppa’s Got a Brand New Badge/Weekend at Burnsie’s 14. Moe Baby Blues/Three Gays of the Condo 15. Fraudcast News/Co-Dependent’s Day 16. Sleeping with the Enemy/Pranksta Rap 17. Bonfire of the Manatees/Bart Has Two Mommies 18. The Wife Aquatic/The Haw-Hawed Couple 19. He Loves to Fly and He D’ohs/Smoke on the Daughter 20. Coming to Homerica/Lisa the Drama Queen 21. Chief of Hearts/Stealing First Base 22. The Ned-Liest Catch/Love Is a Many Strangled Thing 23. A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again/Moe Goes from Rags to Riches 24. The Saga of Carl/Penny-Wiseguys 25. Brick Like Me/The Man Who Grew Too Much 26. Bart’s New Friend/Simpsorama 27. Halloween of Horror/Every Man’s Dream 28. 22 for 30/Trust but Clarify 29. Flanders’ Ladder/Grampy Can Ya Hear Me 30. Baby You Can’t Drive My Car/101 Mitigations
    I think that thoughts may differ, because so many people, so many opinions.

Hercules Rockefeller Homer Samson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The B View Post
    As for me, Coming to Homerica, Miracle on Evergreen Terrace, Orange Is the New Yellow, The Wife Aquatic, Halloween of Horror, Fraudcast News are defenitely great and the bests after Golden age.
    Miracle on Evergreen Terrace doesn't apply to this thread
    Best and Worst Episode per Season:
    1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Night Out 2: One Fish, Two Fish, Blowfish, Blue Fish/Bart's Dog Gets an 'F' 3: Bart the Murderer/Saturdays of Thunder 4: Homer the Heretic/So Its Come To This: A Simpsons Clip Show 5: Cape Feare/Lady Bouvier's Lover 6: Homie the Clown/Another Simpsons Clip Show 7: Raging Abe Simpson and his Grumbling Grandson in " The Curse of the Flying Hellfish"/Scenes From the Class Struggle in Springfield 8: The Springfield Files/The Old Man and the Lisa 9: The City of New York vs. Homer Simpson/Miracle on Evergreen Terrace 10: Mayored to the Mob/Homer Simpson in: Kidney Trouble 11: Grift of the Magi/Eight Misbehavin' 12: Trilogy of Error/I'm Goin' to Praiseland 13: The Blunder Years/The Lastest Gun in the West 14: Moe Baby Blues/The Strong Arms of the Ma 15: My Mother the Carjacker/Co-Dependent's Day 16: The Heartbroke Kid/Homer and Ned's Hail Mary Pass 17: The Seemingly Never-Ending Story/The Bonfire of the Manatees 18: The Mook, The Chef, The Wife, and Her Homer/The Boys of Bummer 19: Eternal Moonshine of the Simpson Mind/Husbands and Knives 20: Gone Maggie Gone/Lisa the Drama Queen 21: The Squirt and the Whale/The Greatest Story Ever D'ohed 22: Homer Scissorhands/The Fight Before Christmas 23: The Book Job/Lisa Goes Gaga 24: The Saga of Carl/Love is a Many-Splintered Thing 25: Brick Like Me/What to Expect When Bart's Expecting 26: Sky Police/The Musk Who Fell to Earth 27: Barthood/Every Man's Dream 28: 22 for 30/The Caper Chase 29: Flanders' Ladder/Singin' in the Lane 30: Woo-hoo Dunnit?/I Want You (She's So Heavy)

Sorry, didn't notice. For me personally, frow season 9 (5Fxx) Golden age ended. Just updated me post.

Junior Camper

Season 10: 'Bart the Mother', 'Lisa Gets an A', 'Wild Barts Can't Be Broken', 'Homer to the Max', 'Mom and Pop Art', 'They Saved Lisa's Brain', 'Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo'
    Season 11: 'Brother's Little Helper', 'E-I-E-I-(Annoyed Grunt)', 'Grift of the Magi', 'Days of Wine and D'oh'ses', 'Last Tap Dance in Springfield', 'Behind the Laughter'
    Season 12: 'Lisa the Tree Hugger', 'The Computer Wore Menace Shoes', 'HOMR', 'Trilogy of Error'
    Season 13: 'Half-Decent Proposal', 'I Am Furious (Yellow)', 'Little Girl in the Big Ten'
    Season 14: 'The Dad Who Knew Too Little', 'Scuse Me While I Miss the Sky', 'Moe Baby Blues'
    Season 15: 'The President Wore Pearls', 'Tis the Fifteenth Season', 'Diatribe of a Mad Housewife', 'Milhouse Doesn't Live Here Anymore', 'Simple Simpson', 'Fraudcast News'
    Season 16: 'All's Fair in Oven War', 'Sleeping with the Enemy', 'Don't Fear the Roofer', 'Thank God It's Doomsday', 'The Father, the Son, and the Holy Guest Star'
    Season 17: 'The Seemingly Never-Ending Story', 'Girls Just Want to Have Sums'
    Season 18: 'The Mook, the Chef, the Wife and Her Homer', 'The Haw-Hawed Couple', 'Homerazzi', 'Marge Gamer', '24 Minutes'
    Season 19: 'Eternal Moonshine of the Simpson Mind', 'The DeBarted'
    Season 20: 'Sex, Pies and Idiot Scrapes'
    Season 21: 'Million Dollar Maybe', 'Postcards From the Wedge', 'Chief of Hearts', 'The Squirt and the Whale'
    Season 22: 'MoneyBart', 'Homer the Father'
    Season 23: 'The Book Job', 'Holidays of Future Passed', 'A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again'
    Season 24: 'The Day the Earth Stood Cool'
    Season 25: 'Steal This Episode', 'The War of Art', 'Brick Like Me'
    Season 26: 'Sky Police'
    Season 27: 'Halloween of Horror', 'Paths of Glory', 'Barthood'
    Season 28: 'There Will Be Buds', 'A Father's Watch'
    Season 29: 'King Leer'
    Season 30: 'Werking Mom', 'Woo-Hoo Dunnit?'

21. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Szyslak100

The following list is composed of those episodes that get a strong 4 out of 5 or more in my books. I excluded episodes that I can doubt between a 3/5 or a 4/5, because those aren't highly recommended in my opinion. Without any more preambles, here are my chosen ones.

Season 11
    Guess Who's Coming to Criticize Dinner
    E-I-E-I-D'oh
    Days of Wine and D'ohses
    Last Tap Dance in Springfield
    Behind the Laughter

Season 12
    Treehouse of Horror XI
    Lisa the Tree-Hugger
    Skinner's Sense of Snow
    HOMR
    Day of the Jackanapes
    Hungry Hungry Homer
    Trilogy of Error

Season 13
    The Blunder Year's
    She of Little Faith
    Jaws Wired Shut
    Half-Decent Proposal
    Weekend at Burnsies
    I am Furious (Yellow)
    Little Girl in the Big Ten
    Poppa's Got a Brand New Badge

Season 14
    Treehouse of Horror XIII
    How I Spent My Strummer Vacation
    Special Edna
    The Dad Who Knew Too Little
    I'm Spelling As Fast As I Can
    C.E.D'oh
    'Scuse Me While I Miss the Sky
    Moe Baby Blues

Season 15
    Treehouse of Horror XIV
    My Mother the Carjacker
    The Fat and the Furriest
    'Tis The Fifteenth Season
    Milhouse Doesn't Live Here Anymore
    Smart and Smarter
    Simple Simpson
    The Way We Weren't
    Fraudcast News

Season 16
    Sleeping With the Enemy
    Midnight Rx
    There's Something About Marrying
    Future-Drama
    Don't Fear the Roofer
    The Heartbroke Kid
    Thank God It's Doomsday
    The Father, The Son, and The Holy Guest Star

Season 17
    The Girl Who Slept Too Little
    We're on the Road to D'ohwhere
    The Seemingly Never-Ending Story
    Girls Just Want to Have Sums
    The Monkey Suit

Season 18
    The Mook, The Chef, The Wife And Her Homer
    The Haw-Hawed Couple
    Springfield Up
    Homerazzi
    Marge Gamer
    24 Minutes
    You Kent Always Say What You Want

Season 19
    Midnight Towboy
    Funeral for a Fiend
    Eternal Moonshine of the Simpson Mind
    The Debarted
    Dial 'N' for Nerder
    Any Given Sundance

Season 20
    Sex, Pies, and Idiot Scrapes
    How the Test Was Won
    Gone Maggie Gone
    Eeny Teeny Maya Moe
    The Good, the Sad and the Drugly
    Waverly Hills 9-0-2-1-D'oh
    Coming to Homerica

Season 21
    Treehouse of Horror XX
    O Brother, Where Bart Thou?
    Once Upon a Time in Springfield
    Million Dollar Maybe
    Chief of Hearts
    The Squirt and the Whale
    The Bob Next Door

Season 22
    Lisa Simpson, This Isn't Your Life
    Donnie Fatso
    The Great Simpsina
    Homer Scissorhands
    500 Keys

Season 23
    The Falcon and the D'ohman
    Bart Stops to Smell the Roosevelts
    The Food Wife
    The Book Job
    Holidays of Future Passed
    At Long Last Leave
    How I Wet Your Mother
    A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again

Season 24
    The Day the Earth Stood Cool
    To Cur With Love
    Hardly Kirk-ing
    Dark Knight Court
    The Saga of Carl
    Dangers on a Train

Season 25
    Steal This Episode
    Married to the Blob
    The War of Art
    You Don't Have to Live Like a Referee
    Brick Like Me

Season 26
    Treehouse of Horror XXV
    Simpsorama
    Blazed and Confused
    I Won't Be Home For Christmas
    Bart's New Friend
    The Princess Guide
    Sky Police

Season 27
    Puffless
    Halloween of Horror
    Paths of Glory
    Barthood
    Much Apu About Something
    The Marge-ian Chronicles
    Fland Canyon

Season 28
    The Town
    There Will Be Buds
    Pork and Burns
    The Great Phatsby
    22 For 30

Season 29
    Springfield Splendor
    Treehouse of Horror XXVIII
    Mr. Lisa's Opus
    Gone Boy
    Homer Is Where the Art Isn't
    King Leer
    Forgive and Regret
    Left Behind
    Flanders' Ladder

Season 30
    From Russia Without Love
    Daddicus Finch
    I'm Dancing as Fat as I Can
    101 Mitigations
    Bart vs. Itchy & Scratchy
    Girl's in the Band
    Woo-hoo Dunnit?

Season 31
    The Fat Blue Line
    Livin' La Pura Vida
    Last edited by Szyslak100; 11-19-2019 at 10:53 AM.

Thread Information