Thread: How do you cut "The Simpsons Movie" into a few TV episodes?

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

How do you cut "The Simpsons Movie" into a few TV episodes?

Honestly, I think it's an interesting challenge. Someone did a "Finest Hour" edit of the film with much of the subplots (the dares, the opening Itchy and Scratchy short, Colin and Green Day) taken away, they would not exist in this form cause the TV episode version of the movie instead makes fun of "story arcs".

Personally I'd have part 1 to have all the "A Twisted Tail (Plopper)/A Thousand Eyes (Mutant Squirrel)/Trapped Forever (Dome)/EPA EPA" stuff, part 2 with stuff like the "Kill!" chant and the Alaska holiday, and part 3 the film's epic conclusion.

I would like to be able to fix the problem of them leaving the country and then reentering the country since it would be hard to go through customs with the federal government is looking for them. Then again, Homer is such a screw up he probably would have fake passports for just a situation like this.

Episode 1. Pig poop/exile. Cut some of the Green Day scene or the entire scene all together and start with the church. Episode 2. Hotel/fight but lose the carnival scene. 3. Epiphany/Saves the day.
    HOMER, YOU'RE DUMB AS A MULE AND TWICE AS UGLY. IF A STRANGE MAN OFFERS YOU A RIDE I SAY TAKE IT!

Thread Information