• 2/5

2 40.00%
  • 1/5 Pu$$y

1 20.00%

Thread: R&R Family Guy S18E05 "Cat Fight"

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

R&R Family Guy S18E05 "Cat Fight"

When Quagmire opens a cat café in town, Brian decides to take a stand to get the café shut down. Meanwhile, when Meg and Chris get in trouble at school, Lois becomes nervous and decides they need to go to church camp in order to find their way.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovebender.com View Post
    I love women.

Stuff I liked
    Peter & Joe's duel
    Joe's allergic reaction
    Bug family
    Stewie's writing spot
    Peter & Quagmire getting covered in cats.
    Lois with Sandra Bullock hair
    Brian drinking from the sprinkler

Stuff I didn't like
    Peter berating Joe for the way he talks.
    Overly Long Gag of the Week: The entire worst nightmare bit.
    "Also in the 1940's, 6,000 Jews died!"
    Boy and moose head
    Subplot's ending.

Misc
    It was almost 10 minutes before Stewie first appeared, that must be a new record!
    I believe they've already done a bit with Peter as a sumo farting on Meg, so if that's the case than the usually pointless act 4 was just for a lazy excuse to rehash a joke.

When I first heard of this episode I didn't go into it with much expectations, especially after the synopsis made it sound like another Brian the Closer scenario where both he and Quagmire aren't likable with the latter being unintentionally so as he usually is in these kind of episodes. But in the end... While it could've been a lot better it also could've been a whole lot worse since it doesn't go in the direction of Brian the Closer and Brian actually acts like himself as he has for the other two Brian & Quagmire episodes we've gotten this year.

Unfortunately, as usual the episode still fails to make Quagmire sympathetic since he honestly brought the whole conflict onto himself by opening a coffee shop with so many blatant health violations and of course he further worsens his case with how he pays Brian back (though at least he's given an actual reason here unlike in Adam West High where he ran against Brian simply out of spite). And while none of his usual post-Jerome is the New Black characteristics are present here (for the most part), much like his behavior in Island Adventure I can't give his actions a free pass since one episode of his old characterization doesn't automatically cancel out nearly a decade's worth of episodes of him being an insufferably cynical asshole whose easily triggered over the most trivial shit and despises Brian for petty/hypocritical reasons. Apparently the ending is to imply that their feud is finally over, but that's not the impression I got and if that were true they'll likely just pull an AD! and make sure this is forgotten about next time...

Would've preferred to have had the plots being swapped as I found the subplot slightly more interesting and at least it allowed for Lois to get some screentime for once. Though I'd have taken out the aforementioned boy and moose head scene plus the ending for being the show's stock slap to the face religion slam which in this case comes right the fuck out of nowhere!

1.5/5 rounded up to a 2 for the poll thanks to the subplot and the gags that I liked.
    Family Guy Season 18 Ratings - Yacht Rocky: 1.5/5 Bri-Da: 2.5/5 Absolutely Babulous: 1.5/5 Disney's The Reboot: 1.5/5 Cat Fight: 1.5/5 Peter & Lois' Wedding: .5/5 Heart Burn: 1.5/5 Shanksgiving: .5/5 Christmas is Coming: TBD Connie's Celica: TBD
    American Dad! Season 15 Ratings - Fantasy Baseball: 1.5/5 I Am the Jeans: The Gina Lavetti Story: 0/5 Stan & Francine & Connie & Ted: 0/5 Rabbit Ears: 1.5/5 Jeff and the Dank Ass Weed Factory: 1/5 Lost Boys: 0/5 Shark?!: 1/5 The Long March: 2/5 The Hall Monitor and the Lunch Lady: 0/5 Wild Women Do: 2/5 An Irish Goodbye: 3/5 Stompe le Monde: 0/5 Mom Sauce: 0/5 Hamerican Dad!: 0/5 Demolition Daddy: 0/5 Pride Before the Fail: .5/5 Enter Stanman: 0/5 No Weddings and a Funeral: 0/5 Eight Fires: 1.5/5 The Hand That Rocks the Rogu: 0/5 Downtown: TBD Cheek to Cheek: A Stripper's Story: TBD

Blog Entries

I thought the episode was passable. Laughed a decent amount although there were a good chunk of ruined gags, like the nightmare bit made me chuckle at first but it kinda didn't lead to anything. Was startling seeing Adam West again. Also the ending with Quagmire and Brian making up was really weird, thought for sure they'd interrupt it with a joke about Quagmire still hating him or something, like Bri-Da was only a few weeks ago. Eh. 2.5/5

4. Thumbs Up To This Post by: cam, Sam

Hercules Rockefeller Homer Samson's Avatar

It seems that in recent seasons Meg abuse is becoming less common, and considering how this episode might actually be the end of the Brian-Quagmire feud because they make up with no further change, I think the show staff might finally be listening to fans
    Best and Worst Episode per Season:
    1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Night Out 2: One Fish, Two Fish, Blowfish, Blue Fish/Bart's Dog Gets an 'F' 3: Bart the Murderer/Saturdays of Thunder 4: Homer the Heretic/So Its Come To This: A Simpsons Clip Show 5: Cape Feare/Lady Bouvier's Lover 6: Homie the Clown/Another Simpsons Clip Show 7: Raging Abe Simpson and his Grumbling Grandson in " The Curse of the Flying Hellfish"/Scenes From the Class Struggle in Springfield 8: The Springfield Files/The Old Man and the Lisa 9: The City of New York vs. Homer Simpson/Miracle on Evergreen Terrace 10: Mayored to the Mob/Homer Simpson in: Kidney Trouble 11: Grift of the Magi/Eight Misbehavin' 12: Trilogy of Error/I'm Goin' to Praiseland 13: The Blunder Years/The Lastest Gun in the West 14: Moe Baby Blues/The Strong Arms of the Ma 15: My Mother the Carjacker/Co-Dependent's Day 16: The Heartbroke Kid/Homer and Ned's Hail Mary Pass 17: The Seemingly Never-Ending Story/The Bonfire of the Manatees 18: The Mook, The Chef, The Wife, and Her Homer/The Boys of Bummer 19: Eternal Moonshine of the Simpson Mind/Husbands and Knives 20: Gone Maggie Gone/Lisa the Drama Queen 21: The Squirt and the Whale/The Greatest Story Ever D'ohed 22: Homer Scissorhands/The Fight Before Christmas 23: The Book Job/Lisa Goes Gaga 24: The Saga of Carl/Love is a Many-Splintered Thing 25: Brick Like Me/What to Expect When Bart's Expecting 26: Sky Police/The Musk Who Fell to Earth 27: Barthood/Every Man's Dream 28: 22 for 30/The Caper Chase 29: Flanders' Ladder/Singin' in the Lane 30: Woo-hoo Dunnit?/I Want You (She's So Heavy)

Wrote the book on flimflammin Grifty McGrift's Avatar
    Blog Entries

eh it was ok

7. Thumbs Up To This Post by: John95

Hercules Rockefeller Homer Samson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grifty McGrift View Post
    eh it was ok
    10/10 great review

Nah just kidding

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

This year kept surprising me with these Brian and Quagmire episodes. I have little hopes because of their never ending rivalry but like Adam West High, it ended up being better than I expected. The plot and gags were good enough for me to warrant an 8/10
    Simpsons: 4 > 6 = 7 > 5 > 3 > 8 > 2 > 14 > 15 > 13 = 10 > 9 > 16 > 20 > 1 > 24 = 21 > 26 > 22 = 25 > 23 > 19 = 27 > 18 = 28 > 12 > 11 > 17 = 29

Family Guy: 4 > 3 > 2 > 1 > 5 = 6 > 15 > 16 > 10 > 14 > > 7 = 11 = 9 > 8 > 12 = 13

American Dad: 4 > 3 > 2 > 1 > 6 > 5 > 8 > 9 > 7 = 11 > 10 > 13 (so far) > 12

The Cleveland Show: 2 > 1 > 4 > 3

Futurama: 5 > 4 = 1 > 2 = 3 > 7 > 6

Rick and Morty: 2 > 1 > 3

Thread Information