Thread: Duncanville Discussion Thread

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

Duncanville Discussion Thread

Another new Fox animated series, Duncanville, is set to air this season, with 13 episodes in production. The show debuts February 16, 2020.
    Last edited by Exordium; 10-25-2019 at 12:04 PM.
    Insert signature here

Mmmmmmmm, floor pie

It premieres 2/16? Then either it airs new episodes on either (or both) Palm Sunday or Easter, or it airs a doubleheader at some point, as there are only 14 Sundays from 2/16 through the Sunday before Memorial Day weekend.

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

Even if ratings are in the 1 million viewers range (though to post-footballe season premiere), I got a feeling theyll probably renew it and then 1 or 2 episodes will be held back for season 2.

Also, there was a brief first look at the first shows art style. I think its safe to say that its looking to be more appealing than Bless the Harts so thankfully people wont judge it from its cover.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Simpsons: 4 > 6 = 7 > 5 > 3 > 8 > 2 > 14 > 15 > 13 = 10 > 9 > 16 > 20 > 1 > 24 = 21 > 26 > 22 = 25 > 23 > 19 = 27 > 18 = 28 > 12 > 11 > 17 = 29

Family Guy: 4 > 3 > 2 > 1 > 5 = 6 > 15 > 16 > 10 > 14 > > 7 = 11 = 9 > 8 > 12 = 13

American Dad: 4 > 3 > 2 > 1 > 6 > 5 > 8 > 9 > 7 = 11 > 10 > 13 (so far) > 12

The Cleveland Show: 2 > 1 > 4 > 3

Futurama: 5 > 4 = 1 > 2 = 3 > 7 > 6

Rick and Morty: 2 > 1 > 3

Junior Camper

Quote Originally Posted by fas1997 View Post
    Even if ratings are in the 1 million viewers range (though to post-footballe season premiere), I got a feeling they’ll probably renew it and then 1 or 2 episodes will be held back for season 2.

Also, there was a brief first look at the first show’s art style. I think it’s safe to say that it’s looking to be more appealing than Bless the Harts so thankfully people won’t judge it from its cover.
    Bless the Harts is animated by Titmouse, who animated Big Mouth.

Junior Camper

https://youtu.be/oI16ac_pCCc

Short 10 second clip of the show!

Junior Camper

Amy Poehler will be talking to herself haha. Also Mike Scully is co-creator so expect some Simpsons thrown into there. In the series premiere, Duncan learns from his mom how to drive!

Blog Entries

Looks like family guy drawn worse, somehow

Junior Camper

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Homer View Post
    Looks like family guy drawn worse, somehow
    Been seeing more previews its quite funny so far.

Junior Camper

Catch the first two sneak peeks of this Sunday's episode

Blog Entries

It seems fun! The clips are funny and I don't think we should be negative.

I don't understand with what criteria people say this isn't going to last for long. Does anyone else remember another new animated show "Bless The Harts". They said it wouldn't make it, but now it has been renewed for a 2nd season!

I like the description about a teenage boy, who is average in every way and is trying to figure things out. I think this could be interesting! I especially like Duncan and Annie, both played by Amy Poehler. She is just amazing!

The only thing that worries me is that the co-creator of the show is Mike Scully. We know how Scully changed things for "The Simpsons" and this seems a little like a clone of them. I wouldn't like to have a sociopathic troublemaker, aka the new Bart Simpson. I like him, in some ways, but not as much! He was never my favourite character, but he is one of my Top 6 favourites on the show!
    Last edited by Simpson's Fan; 02-16-2020 at 08:47 AM.
    Season 1 R&R's:
    "Bart The Genius" 4/5
    "Homer's Odyssey" 3/5
    "There's No Disgrace Like Home" 5/5
    "Bart The General " 5/5
    "Moaning Lisa"
    "Call of The Simpsons"
    "The Telltale Head"
    "Life On The Fast Lane"
    "Homer's Night Out"
    "Crepes Of Wrath"
    "Krusty Gets Busted"
    "Some Enchanted Evening"

I enjoyed the clips too. Simpson's Fan I agree with you. We don't need anymore sociopaths. I hope Duncan doesn't go down that path.

Junior Camper

Quote Originally Posted by Simpson's Fan View Post
    It seems fun! The clips are funny and I don't think we should be negative.

I don't understand with what criteria people say this isn't going to last for long. Does anyone else remember another new animated show "Bless The Harts". They said it wouldn't make it, but now it has been renewed for a 2nd season!

I like the description about a teenage boy, who is average in every way and is trying to figure things out. I think this could be interesting! I especially like Duncan and Annie, both played by Amy Poehler. She is just amazing!

The only thing that worries me is that the co-creator of the show is Mike Scully. We know how Scully changed things for "The Simpsons" and this seems a little like a clone of them. I wouldn't like to have a sociopathic troublemaker, aka the new Bart Simpson. I like him, in some ways, but not as much! He was never my favourite character, but he is one of my Top 6 favourites on the show!
    Glad to know someone else enjoyed Bless the Harts and not just me. Im hoping Harts and Duncanville can replace Simpsons and Family Guy ushering a new era in Foxs animation block.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sideshow ken View Post
    I enjoyed the clips too. Simpson's Fan I agree with you. We don't need anymore sociopaths. I hope Duncan doesn't go down that path.
    I am glad to know that I am not alone @sideshow ken. Thank you!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by orangemo View Post
    Glad to know someone else enjoyed Bless the Harts and not just me. I’m hoping Harts and Duncanville can replace Simpsons and Family Guy ushering a new era in Fox’s animation block.
    @orangemo Yes, what is wrong with people these days! We have to be a little more open-minded. "Bless The Harts" is great and "Duncanville"! Not everything has to be like "The Simpsons"

Surely, plenty of other shows followed the same structure, but if we think about it, isn't this what made "The Simpsons", such a great show? A lot of people have expressed their hatred on "Family Guy" and Seth MacFarlane, because he copied the once greatest show on TV and while I have mentioned it in some of my other posts, I do think "Family Guy" has some potential into it. I mean, why the writers made all those episodes about character development? They could have just gone with the old, classic, dark humour, but I can see that they want to give them depth and feelings, like normal people and not always have them killing each other, swearing or doing drugs.

As for the new animated series, I believe it is negativity that drags some of them down, like "Family Guy", which was never really accepted by it's audience.

Hercules Rockefeller Homer Samson's Avatar

This first episode was something I enjoyed, but I feel like it was partly a Marge Be Not Proud ripoff (which makes sense since Mike Scully wrote that episode)
    Best and Worst Episode per Season:
    1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Night Out 2: One Fish, Two Fish, Blowfish, Blue Fish/Bart's Dog Gets an 'F' 3: Bart the Murderer/Saturdays of Thunder 4: Homer the Heretic/So Its Come To This: A Simpsons Clip Show 5: Cape Feare/Lady Bouvier's Lover 6: Homie the Clown/Another Simpsons Clip Show 7: Raging Abe Simpson and his Grumbling Grandson in " The Curse of the Flying Hellfish"/Scenes From the Class Struggle in Springfield 8: The Springfield Files/The Old Man and the Lisa 9: The City of New York vs. Homer Simpson/Miracle on Evergreen Terrace 10: Mayored to the Mob/Homer Simpson in: Kidney Trouble 11: Grift of the Magi/Eight Misbehavin' 12: Trilogy of Error/I'm Goin' to Praiseland 13: The Blunder Years/The Lastest Gun in the West 14: Moe Baby Blues/The Strong Arms of the Ma 15: My Mother the Carjacker/Co-Dependent's Day 16: The Heartbroke Kid/Homer and Ned's Hail Mary Pass 17: The Seemingly Never-Ending Story/The Bonfire of the Manatees 18: The Mook, The Chef, The Wife, and Her Homer/The Boys of Bummer 19: Eternal Moonshine of the Simpson Mind/Husbands and Knives 20: Gone Maggie Gone/Lisa the Drama Queen 21: The Squirt and the Whale/The Greatest Story Ever D'ohed 22: Homer Scissorhands/The Fight Before Christmas 23: The Book Job/Lisa Goes Gaga 24: The Saga of Carl/Love is a Many-Splintered Thing 25: Brick Like Me/What to Expect When Bart's Expecting 26: Sky Police/The Musk Who Fell to Earth 27: Barthood/Every Man's Dream 28: 22 for 30/The Caper Chase 29: Flanders' Ladder/Singin' in the Lane 30: Woo-hoo Dunnit?/I Want You (She's So Heavy)

16. Thumbs Up To This Post by: zartok-35

Junior Camper

Wow I was impressed by how funny and heartwarming this was. Its definitely not a family guy clone and its more grounded like Bless the Harts and Bobs Burgers. This episode beats Harts first but will it beat the rest who knows?

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

While I anticipated this show more than Bless the Harts, I thought the pilot episode was slightly worse than BTH. After all, it is the first episode, and most TV shows don't usually find their footings until later on. So like the Harts, here's hoping it can improve. 5/10

Thread Information