Thread: Early 90s packaging appreciation station

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

Early 90s packaging appreciation station

I really like the pink & green color scheme they were using in the old days

2. Thumbs Up To This Post by: BartArt, idm

I like how a lot of things were overtly neon colored with a lot of light greens, pinks and blues back in the late 80's-early 90's. Maybe that explains why the Season 2 and Season 3 DVDs were light greenish-blue and pink respectively? I haven't really thought about it before.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Homer View Post
    This is a bit of a tangent, but as a kid I spent summers with my grandparents in Arkansas, and I distinctly remember one summer in the early 2000's (I think it was 2003). We went to a grocery store in Huntsville, AR, and they had one of those machines in the lobby where you put in a couple quarters and a little toy comes out in a plastic capsule, and one of those machines sold these exact buttons. They came three buttons to a capsule, I believe. Naturally, as a Simpsons fan I jumped on collecting them, and I think I got nine or so different buttons. But even as an 11/12 year old kid, I could tell that the buttons were very old, like 1990 old, and I found it super odd that they were still available in a grocery store vending machine. For all I know that machine had sat largely untouched since the early nineties.
    SEASON 46 GRADES
    Bart Goes to VR School - 3/10 | Heroes & Heroin - 6/10 | The Rap Career of xXxMilhouseStreetLife - 2/10 | Little Miss Smartphone - 3/10
    Treehouse of Horror XLV - 6/10 | Ain't No Hologram Girl - 1/10 | Homer the Militia Leader - 5/10 | The Big One Thousand!!!!! - 2/10
    Bart's Unicycle - 4/10 | I Fell Into a Burns-ing Ring of Firewall - 2/10 | Once in a Blue-Haired Moon - 7/10
    Grandpa’s Got a Brand New Cybernetic Exoskeleton - 1/10 | Knowledge Pills & Tuition Bills - 3/10 | The Kwik-E-Mart Konglomerate Strikes Back - 3/10
    Quimby/Quagmire 2036 - 1/10 | Party at Homer's Mars Condo - 5/10 | The Flanders Revolution - 9/10 | All Revved Up With Nowhere to D’oh - 4/10
    An Ironic Simpsons Clip Show - 2/10 | Lindsey Naegle Falls in Love - 1/10
    Marge’s Mega Movie Star Mondays (Featuring Her Pal Homer) - 2/10 | Lisa's First Rave - 4/10

I just bought a few of those buttons from a pile of them that I spotted at the Portland Retro Gaming Expo.

The only other merch I own with this weird old branding is this pinball game. I even have like two or three copies because I had to cobble together a version of this that actually works.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Vic; 12-12-2019 at 01:37 PM.

6. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Dark Homer

Thread Information