Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rate & Review: "The Fat Blue Line" (YABF22)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Chatting Simpsons Since '93 Brad Lascelle's Avatar

Rate & Review: "The Fat Blue Line" (YABF22)

Season 31, Episode 3
    Original Airdate: October 13, 2019
    Writer: Bill Odenkirk
    Director: Michael Polcino
    Showrunner: Al Jean
    Synopsis: During the San Castellaneta street festival, much of the town realizes their wallets have been pickpocketed. After the state investigator puts the wrong man in jail, Chief Wiggum sets out to clear his name, catch the real criminal and show he's still up for police work.

Previous R&R
    Next R&R

INDUSTRY REVIEWS
    - The A.V. Club - Dennis Perkins - B-
    - Den of Geek - Tony Sokol - 4 / 5
    - Bubble Blabber - Jesse Bereta - 7 / 10
    - Puzzled Pagan Presents - Patrick Gaertner
    - Phil Payton {YouTube} - B-

SIMPSONS REDDIT DISCUSSION THREAD

TV VIEWERSHIP - 0.8 Rating / 4 Share - 2.13 Million Viewers

R&R Poll Average Score: 3.32 / 5 (as of November 2nd @ 4:42pm / 22 votes)

Users Who Have Voted & Their Score for the Episode
    BartArt {4} / bboynexus {3} / BloodySimpsonChibi {3} / BlueRibbonCommittee {5} / Brad Lascelle {4} / CousinMerl {4} / Exoskull {3}
    Financial Panther {3} / firedude750 {2} / Frankbags {2} / Glittercat {3} / Hoju13 {3} / Hockey Mask {4} / Homer Samson {3}
    John95 {2} / Kaine {4} / Shoskin {2} / Szyslak100 {4} / That Don Guy {3} / TheWizoid {4} / Venomrabbit {4} / Wile E. the Brain {4}

IMDB User Rating: 6.8 / 10 (as of November 2nd / 183 users)
    Last edited by Brad Lascelle; 11-02-2019 at 02:52 PM.
    SEASON 31 RANKINGS
    The Winter of Our Monetized Content - 2/5 / Go Big or Go Homer - 2.5/5 / The Fat Blue Line - 3.5/5
    THOH XXX = Danger Things - 2.5/5 / Heaven Swipes Right - 1.5/5 / When Hairy Met Slimy - 2/5
    Gorillas on the Mast - 4/5 / Marge the Lumberjill - 2.5/5 / Livin' la Pura Vida - 5/5
    THANKSGIVING OF HORROR = ?????? - ?/5 / ?????? - ?/5 / ?????? - ?/5

2. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Szyslak100

Hey, I actually watched the new episode live tonight.
    And, beyond that, it actually delivered exactly what I wanted.
    An episode focused entirely around Fat Tony and Chief Wiggum with minimal involvement from the Simpson clan.

All of the unpleasant elements of this ep that were hyped in advance (the Queen tribute couch gag, the celebrity tie-ins, etc.) that made me think the episode would suck turned out to be inconsequential nonsense designed solely to get casuals to tune in. And, if they did, they were treated to a solid effort.

I will be taking the time for a more extensive breakdown later. But for now I'll drop my score... a 4 out of 5.
    Last edited by Brad Lascelle; 10-13-2019 at 04:49 PM.

Hercules Rockefeller Homer Samson's Avatar

It's not perfect, but it is probably the best of the season. I definitely think this is a 3.5, but sadly I can't vote that, so I am going with a high 3/5
    Best and Worst Episode per Season:
    1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Night Out 2: One Fish, Two Fish, Blowfish, Blue Fish/Bart's Dog Gets an 'F' 3: Bart the Murderer/Saturdays of Thunder 4: Homer the Heretic/So Its Come To This: A Simpsons Clip Show 5: Cape Feare/Lady Bouvier's Lover 6: Homie the Clown/Another Simpsons Clip Show 7: Raging Abe Simpson and his Grumbling Grandson in " The Curse of the Flying Hellfish"/Scenes From the Class Struggle in Springfield 8: The Springfield Files/The Old Man and the Lisa 9: The City of New York vs. Homer Simpson/Miracle on Evergreen Terrace 10: Mayored to the Mob/Homer Simpson in: Kidney Trouble 11: Grift of the Magi/Eight Misbehavin' 12: Trilogy of Error/I'm Goin' to Praiseland 13: The Blunder Years/The Lastest Gun in the West 14: Moe Baby Blues/The Strong Arms of the Ma 15: My Mother the Carjacker/Co-Dependent's Day 16: The Heartbroke Kid/Homer and Ned's Hail Mary Pass 17: The Seemingly Never-Ending Story/The Bonfire of the Manatees 18: The Mook, The Chef, The Wife, and Her Homer/The Boys of Bummer 19: Eternal Moonshine of the Simpson Mind/Husbands and Knives 20: Gone Maggie Gone/Lisa the Drama Queen 21: The Squirt and the Whale/The Greatest Story Ever D'ohed 22: Homer Scissorhands/The Fight Before Christmas 23: The Book Job/Lisa Goes Gaga 24: The Saga of Carl/Love is a Many-Splintered Thing 25: Brick Like Me/What to Expect When Bart's Expecting 26: Sky Police/The Musk Who Fell to Earth 27: Barthood/Every Man's Dream 28: 22 for 30/The Caper Chase 29: Flanders' Ladder/Singin' in the Lane 30: Woo-hoo Dunnit?/I Want You (She's So Heavy)

Blog Entries

3/5
    Insert signature here

Deep Frier of Shirts BlueRibbonCommittee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

4.5/5. Deducted a few points because that stupid elephant gag and Fat Tony and Louie speaking Italian went on way too long. However, I did like the "Remember the phrase" gag even though it did go on too long, and Jason Momoa, despite being wasted a bit in the beginning, did the satirical thing by fleeing instead of helping.

... But seriously, is this the least The Simpsons have been involved in an episode since "A Fish Called Selma"? There have been other HD episodes I have mentioned before with minimal involvement from the family, but I think most of the time I was just referring to Homer.

@BlueRibbonCommittee Am I rounding your 4.5 out of 5 score down to a 4 for the poll... or up to a 5?

Blog Entries

Round it up to a 5. No reason to let those two gags bring the whole thing down.

A source of fun Financial Panther's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This was OK and had some originality. I wish Fat Tony and Chief Wiggum’s alliance had been fleshed out more; it had the potential to be something really riveting. As it was, this episode was odd in that it really relied on the raunchy shock jokes. I expect the show to be above those. Signing Selma’s love boob? Just Stamp the Ticket Guy kissing Homer’s ass? Chief Wiggum sucking the bullet out of Homer’s ass? Just dumb. It seems the songs haven’t gone away either; I was hoping those were a season 30 aberration, but I guess not.

I did like Johnny Tightlips getting some time in the sun and the mob’s decision to frame Fat Tony. I thought they missed a good Maggie joke. Her parallel parking was cute, but they could’ve called back to her marksman ways and had her with a gun during the standoff, although that might have been a bit too much like the end of Poppa’s Got a Brand New Badge and the scene in Moe Baby Blues. An acceptable episode with some missed opportunities and jokes that felt more like Family Guy. 3/5
    Favorite and least favorite by season
    1. Krusty Gets Busted There’s No Disgrace Like Home 2. Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3. Homer at the Bat Like Father, Like Clown 4. Brother From the Same Planet Krusty Gets Kancelled 5. Cape Feare Lady Bouvier’s Lover 6. Homer Badman Another Simpsons Clip Show 7. King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8. Homer’s Enemy El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer 9. Bart Carny The Trouble With Trillions 10. Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: “Kidney Trouble” 11. Guess Who’s Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12. HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13. Tales From the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14. The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15. I, Annoyed Grunt)-bot Bart-Mangled Banner 16. A Star is Torn On a Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister 17. My Fair Laddy Bonfire of the Manatees 18. The Haw-Hawed Couple You Kent Always Say What You Want 19. Funeral for a Fiend All About Lisa 20. Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21. The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22. Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23. The Falcon and the D’ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24. Hardly Kirk-ing Moonshine River 25. The War of Art What to Expect When Bart’s Expecting 26. Sky Police Let’s Go Fly a Coot 27. Halloween of Horror Lisa With an ‘S’ 28. There Will Be Buds Moho House 29. Springfield Splendor Throw Grampa From the Dane

Yeah, probably the best of the season so far, but unfortunately for me it's no better than being just alright. Still a major improvement over last week though.

2/5

P.S. For how promoted that couch gag was, it's overall shortness made me go "That's it?".
    Family Guy Season 18 Ratings - Yacht Rocky: 1.5/5 Bri-Da: 2.5/5 Absolutely Babulous: 1.5/5 Disney's The Reboot: 1.5/5 Cat Fight: 1.5/5 Peter & Lois' Wedding: .5/5 Heart Burn: TBD Shanksgiving: TBD
    American Dad! Season 15 Ratings - Fantasy Baseball: 1.5/5 I Am the Jeans: The Gina Lavetti Story: 0/5 Stan & Francine & Connie & Ted: 0/5 Rabbit Ears: 1.5/5 Jeff and the Dank Ass Weed Factory: 1/5 Lost Boys: 0/5 Shark?!: 1/5 The Long March: 2/5 The Hall Monitor and the Lunch Lady: 0/5 Wild Women Do: 2/5 An Irish Goodbye: 3/5 Stompe le Monde: 0/5 Mom Sauce: 0/5 Hamerican Dad!: 0/5 Demolition Daddy: 0/5 Pride Before the Fail: .5/5 Enter Stanman: 0/5 No Weddings and a Funeral: 0/5 Eight Fires: 1.5/5 The Hand That Rocks the Rogu: 0/5 Downtown: TBD Cheek to Cheek: A Stripper's Story: TBD

That rabbit is dynamite! Venomrabbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well gee, who would have thought making more use of the side cast would actually come out with something compelling?
    So far this one's the cream of the season, I suppose it's only just started but still. Maybe it's helped by Clancy and Fat Tony being two of the characters that still retained a lot of their charm even nowadays.

Don't usually give out ratings but it's a solid 4/5 in my book! Be nice if there more episodes like this.

Wiggum is, and always has been, a laugh riot even if his incompetence has been ridiculously exaggerated.
    SEASON 31 GRADES

The Winter of Our Monetized Content - 3/5 / Go Big or Go Homer - 2.5/5 / The Fat Blue Line - 3/5
    Treehouse of Horror XXX - 2/5 / Gorillas on the Mast - 2.5/5 / Marge the Lumberjill - 2/5
    Livin' La Pura Vida - ?/5 / Thanksgiving of Horror - ?/5 / Todd, Todd, Why Hast Thou Forsaken Me? - ?/5

I wonder if the joke about the drug sniffing dog ending up in rehab was inspired by Family Guy?

2/5

I really wasn't feeling it tonight.. stupid jokes like the elephant one, weird pacing, gags that are too elaborate, sucking the bullet?

I don't like episodes that are set up like a sitcom, they set up the joke, like bart talking about rides that are 100 years old... and immediately showing examples of those rides, everything is so immediate. they want the payoff right away.
    Last edited by Frankbags; 10-14-2019 at 06:27 PM. Reason: perhaps I was too harsh, I guess I'm the odd one out, I thought it was fairly bland

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Samson View Post
    I wonder if the joke about the drug sniffing dog ending up in rehab was inspired by Family Guy?
    Drug sniffing dogs have been a thing in The Simpsons since "The Canine Mutiny", long before Family Guy existed.

16. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Szyslak100

Enjoyed this episode. Quite a few laughs, Mayor Quimbys interaction with Jason Mamoa, Chief Wiggum and Ralph's screen time together. Thought they used Fat Tony well, without over using The Simpson Family. Wiggum Sucking the Bullet out was a bit over the top. 3/5.

18. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Szyslak100

Mmmmmmmm, floor pie

3/5 - maybe it would have been a 4 had I not seen this style of plot one, or twenty, too many times before.

How did Dawnn Lewis only rate an "Also Starring" credit?

Ok some good and bad in no real particular order:

Good: Gluten free communion wafer.
    Bad: The priest joke and hanging.

Good: Like how Wiggum is saying he is not an elephant and then as he walks away with Ralph "Baby Elephant Walk" plays.
    Bad: Then seeing Wiggum and Ralph playing in the water.

Good: Ralph playing with the yo-yo.
    Bad: Him playing with the taser.

Good: Queen rocks
    Bad: i don't think Freddie Mercury did the splits, especially in the pants he wore. Maybe the writers made it up like some of the shit that was made up in the movie.

Good: The couch was in the crowd.
    Good: Bart was on drums ("Jazzy and the Pussycats"). Lisa was on Bass ("Whacking Day")
    Bad: Seen better couch gags.

Bad: MAJOR CANNON ERROR: Wiggum can't be 43 if Homer is 39. Wiggum was a guard at Mr. Burns' germ warfare building when Homer was a young child.

Bad: This is not Family Guy
    Gross: Having Wiggum sucking the bullet out of Homer's ass.
    Disgusting: Making pasta in the toilet.

Bad: Is there a way to write to the damn writers and ask them to stop the never ending joke? The 100 year old rides. Fat Tony and Louie mumbling at each other in Italian. Not ending the elephant joke and having them splash in water. If these jokes were cut in half or just cut out we could have had a chalkboard scene.

I might come back and raise my grade for this episode but for now:

2/5
    HOMER, YOU'RE DUMB AS A MULE AND TWICE AS UGLY. IF A STRANGE MAN OFFERS YOU A RIDE I SAY TAKE IT!

21. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Frankbags

@homer5000 maybe an episode of her being made a Made woman? She could be his top captain. Maggie has it in her.

But the writers would probably screw it up and make Lisa or Marge be it.

An underwhelming 3/5 from me this week.

I'll add some additional thoughts later in the week, but I'm pretty much in complete agreement with Financial Panther (@homer5000)
    Last edited by bboynexus; 10-20-2019 at 05:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRibbonCommittee View Post
    Drug sniffing dogs have been a thing in The Simpsons since "The Canine Mutiny", long before Family Guy existed.
    Yes I know that. I was referring to how Lenora Carter said the drug sniffing dog went to rehab, which is exactly what happened when Brian became a drug sniffing dog.

I'd prefer if Bill Odenkirk's birthday episode was less Family Guyish... a 2 out of 5.
    Last edited by BartArt; 11-16-2019 at 04:23 AM. Reason: rewatched

Tyrant:rubs M Groening's feet D DEBBS's Avatar

Decent ep but one thing that puzzles me: what are those 3 dots near jason Momoa's left eye? (I saw season one of Game of Thrones when he played Daenerys' husband and he does not have freckles/moles.

Quote Originally Posted by John95 View Post
    Yeah, probably the best of the season so far, but unfortunately for me it's no better than being just alright. Still a major improvement over last week though.

2/5

P.S. For how promoted that couch gag was, it's overall shortness made me go "That's it?".
    I was a bit disappointed in the couch gag too. They promoted it heavily as if they were going to go all-in with the Queen parody.

28. Thumbs Up To This Post by: John95

I'd like to get your opinion on the 'look' and 'feel' of the simpsons.

I know the HD era ushered a new production system but this episode really felt like it lacked soul in the animation/art department.
    With the newer technology it seems like they can afford more complex scenes, a good example are the 3d vehicle scenes, I am personally not a fan of that, it's something family guy did before the simpsons.
    I understand how it's easier to animate in 3d but it always looks off to me.

This is only a small example, my biggest issue is that it seems like they have a scene editor and just paste the characters there and that's how it feels, this always makes me think of something like american dad, there's a lack of intimacy in the scene composition, they all feel like set pieces assembled to deliver a few lines.

don't quite cover all CousinMerl's Avatar

At first I aimed for a shorter review but damn, if it didn't end up being another essay-type review as there were several things that I wanted to cover. Oh well (might do some slight trimming later).

This was pretty good and enjoyable. I didn't expect anything that good, despite it being focused on two secondary characters who haven't had many episodes centered around them, but it surprisingly turned out to be a very entertaining one. The plot about the visitors at the local Italian food festival called San Castellaneta turning out to have been pickpocketed (including Homer) and an investigator taking over the case from Chief Wiggum and utilizing Homer as bait (with a well visible wallet in his back pocket), leading to the arrest of Fat Tony who claims to be innocent, prompting the Chief (who believe him) to try and find the real culprit, was a solid one; it was well written and well paced for most of it's runtime & had a good and interesting use of Fat Tony (I liked the focus on him and Wiggum and how he got some character development). I also liked the low-key role for the Simpsons in this one and how they played a relatively small part yet still weren't forgotten about. I liked how they handled it.

In comparison to the previous two episodes that I found started well but gradually downhill as they went on, this one I feel was kinda the opposite by starting out alright and had me thinking it would be just middling but quickly got better the further on it got. The food festival was a decent opener with some nice little gags though Homer's song was a little long (but I liked the episode cutting back to it from Fat Tony's first scene,which was good, to Homer getting knocked out by running into a pole) and the Jason Momoa scene was pretty lame and unfunny (he's a decent actor but his appearance felt forced here with just a lot of "LOL Aquaman" jokes), but when the pickpocket plot started it picked up (pun, maybe?). I like the usage of Homer at the bait due to his huge butt which makes his back pockets stand out (that scene of Bart & Lisa laughing about his ass was funny; I like these kind of simple, classic eque moments) and how it led to Tony being found near the wallet pile in a warehouse (and almost too conveniently so). The plot progression was quite well done and kept my full interest.

I enjoyed how the episode was shared by both Chief Wiggum and Fat Tony, with both of them having an plotline each before they turned into one as soon as Clancy took contact with Tony and they decided to cooperate to catch the one responsible for the pickpocketing. Both had just about the right amount of screentime with neither of them getting too much or too little of it & their stories were entertaining and fun & I took a liking to the fact that there was none of the usual animosity between cop and crook; Wiggum seriously wanting to clear the gangster's name was kind of admirable in a sense as he usually always believe a criminal is guilty (for example with Sideshow Bob in 'Brother From Another Series') so to see him more open minded was great. He wasn't either too stupid or corrupt was actually pretty likeable here which I liked and Tony was sympathetic too and saw some of his best utilization in the HD era (makes me want to forget an mess like 'The Real Housewives Of Fat Tony').

They had some good scenes, both on their own and together (like the Chief checking out old videos of young Tony, Tony having his lawyer brought to prison, & maybe especially that moment of Tony proving that he had an alibi with his hidden secret; to me that scene really added color to his character. Also Wiggum instanly taking a shine to it was likeable). The climax in the restaurant was nice, with the gang discussing the framing and Tony showing up (wearing a wire). I liked the twist with it seeming like it was Frankie the Squealer but it really being Johnny Tightlips (which was surprising and amusing; definitely something new). So all pull their guns on the other, the police burst in too and Homer (who's visiting the restaurant with the family) inadvertedly walks in to get some sauce and winds up taking a bullet to his ass, saving Tony from Tightlips (a good end scene but I don't get why Journey's 'Don't Stop Believing' was playing at full volume throughout the action. Maybe some reference that flew me by). The epilogue with Wiggum, Tony and Homer having a drink was a good capper.

The episode wasn't great with the jokes but I'd lie if I say there weren't some good ones here and there that I found amusing and made me chuckles (they utilized both the Chief and Tony and his cronies well there, but they also got some good bits with Homer and his great big ass; him being able to control his wallet with it was creative), characterizations were good (especially the Chief and Tony, the latter whom was surprisingly sympathetic and had it feel believable) & the animation was good & had some nice moments. The guest stars did good; obviously Joe Mantegna stood out but Dawnn Lewis (the investigator) and Bill Odenkirk (the mob lawyer) did well too & while I didn't care for Jason Momoa and his stiff performance he did okay, I guess. Ralph doing dumb things had their merits as simple gags and the bizarre elephant scene was stupid but too goofy and good natured for me to dislike. Some of the more extreme gags were overdone, though the only one I truly disliked was the priest hanging himself in prison.

So all in all, it was an likeable and well plotted episode. It's good to have an episode one centered around secondary characters once in a while (which can sometime turn out to be standouts in a season, such as 'King Leer' in Season 30) and this one had a focus on two (Chief Wiggum and Fat Tony) and managed to pull off an decently paced and interesting, enjoyable whodunnit story with some good jokes. The two leads had good interactions, the Simpsons had a minor part to play and didn't feel forced into the episode and everything came together somewhat neatly in the end. There were some hiccups like those more extreme jokes (though Wiggum having sucked out the bullet from Homer's ass off screen I was fine with), the forced Jason Momoa scene, a few parts that dragged and some bits & pieces that could have been improved upon or skipped (like the elephant scene) & I didn't really care for the Queen opening/couch gag but as a whole it worked. Not a great episode but a decently good one.

I'd say a fair 4/5 feels about right for this one (maybe it's more of an 3.5/5 but without half points a step up is more like it rather than the opposite. I just didn't find it mediocre enough to fall to a 3/5 or lower. I just wound up enjoying it too well to rate it any less).
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 10-14-2019 at 01:04 PM.

I liked the elephant joke, it was just the right level of stupid but endearing for a Ralph joke. Wiggum was at his best since Chief of Hearts, I really liked Fat Tony, and I was genuinely surprised Johnny Tightlips was the culprit as opposed to Woo-hoo Dunnit where I had Marge pegged from the start. There's a little too much singing for my liking and I really wish the Italian scene had subtitles, but all in all, this was a well done HD episode. I couldn't possibly rate it lower than a 3/5. It was pleasant and had a few good visual jokes (Homer running into the pole, his butt jiggling the wallet, Aquaman needing floaties before a swim.)
    Pokemon Moon Friend Code 5473-2104-2310
    Looking for shiny, legendary, and mythical. Got shiny Sandshrew (Alola)
    Have various starters, zorua, can breed many pokemon.
    Current egg move hatching: Tyrunt with fire fang

32. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Szyslak100

Blog Entries

This is quite an enjoyable episode. I didn't really expect much out of it but it has caught my attention the entire time. I found the couch gag and the beginning with the San Castellaneta street festival (great name by the way) to be nothing special, but the episode gets a lot better once the main story kicks in. I liked the dynamic between Chief Wiggum and Fat Tony with occasionely some Homer aswell, and the use of some of the other mobsters like Frankie the Squealer and Johnny Tightlips. There wasn't much involvement with the Simpson family in the main plot at all which didn't turn out to be a bad thing.

The festival had a catchy song and a few good jokes, the Aquaman appearance was quite fun aswell. I liked how he narrated the life of San Castallaneta. Then apparantly once everyones wallets gets pickpocketed, he leaves off in the sea despite being asked to do something about it. Wiggum being told how incompetent he is as a police officer has been done plenty of times by now and the new detective wasn't shown much until the ending, which did deliver a pretty good moment at least. Also liked the joke with Homer being stuck on a park bench. Some good jokes during a montage of Homer trying to get pickpocketed, with my favorite one having his ass kissed by Just Stamp The Ticket Guy. Fat Tony get framed and arrested... then they had to end this scene with a rather dumb joke where they turn both Wiggums into elephants, which just made no sense.

Then the Wiggum/Fat Tony plot starts off with them (and Homer) praying. The mob lawyer had his moments, but then the Italian talk dragged on for to long. I liked most of the dialogue between Wiggum and Fat Tony, with him making food in the toilet and singing in his office. The priest hanging himself was kinda random and unnecessary. ''Remember the phrase'' as the actual phrase to call for help was kinda funny and one of the better jokes. I liked the mafia showoff where we see more of the other gangmembers do something, like making Johnny Tightlips the villain and trying to take over Fat Tony's position which may or may not lead to some continuation in the future. The Maggie scene was pretty cute, and then we got Wiggum sucking out a bullet from Homer's ass....... at least we got a cute Maggie scene. The ending wrapped up nicely with the detective leaving Wiggum so unforfilled and the Wiggum, Fat Tony and Humor duo drinking some wine together.

Its the best episode of the season so far which was not something I expected. The actual pickpocketing plot didn't really do much but the episode focussed more on the relationship between Wiggum and Fat Tony. Some good and a couple of bad jokes. Despite of the lack of involvement with the Simpson family, I liked how Marge occasionaly entered the scene to talk with Wiggum. In short the bad parts are the couch gag, slow intro, lack of the pickpocketing plot and the lack of use with the detective. The good parts are the characterisations and relationships, having some good jokes, keeping me intrigued. This combined ranks this episode around a 3.5/5, but for the sake of the rounded up poll I'll make it a:

4/5
    Episodes rated best and worst from each season:
    1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Night Out 2: The Way We Was/Bart's Dog Gets an F 3: Colonel Homer/Dog of Death 4: Marge vs. The Monorail/So It's Come to This: A Simpsons Clip Show 5: Cape Feare/Bart Gets An Elephant 6: Treehouse of Horror V/Another Simpsons Clip Show 7: Mother Simpson/Homerpalooza 8: You Only Move Twice/The Canine Mutiny 9: Lisa's Sax/The Two Mrs. Nahasapeemapetilons 10: Lisa Gets an A/Sunday Cruddy Sunday 11: Behind The Laughter/Beyond Blunderdome 12: Trilogy of Error/The Computer Wore Menace Shoes 13: I Am Furious Yellow/Homer the Moe 14: The Dad Who Knew Too Little/Large Marge 15: The Way We Weren't/Diatribe of a Mad Housewife 16: Thank God Its Doomsday/Mommie Beerest 17: Marge's Son Poisoning/Bonfire of the Manatees 18: Marge Gamer/Revenge is Best Served Three Times 19: Treehouse of Horror XVIII/That 90's Show 20: Gone Maggie Gone/Coming To Homerica 21: O Brother, Where Bart thou?/The Devil Wears Nada 22: Homer Scissorhands/The Fool Monty 23: Holidays of Future Passed/Moe Goes From Rags To Riches 24: Adventures In Baby-Getting/Whiskey Business 25: Brick Like Me/White Christmas Blues 26: Bart's New Friend/The Musk Who Fell to Earth 27: Halloween of Horror/Every Man's Dream 28: There Will Be Buds/Moho House 29: Gone Boy/Throw Grampa from the Dane

34. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Szyslak100

Blog Entries

Thread Information