Thread: Bad episodes with good endings

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Hercules Rockefeller Homer Samson's Avatar

Bad episodes with good endings

Everyone seems to talk about certain episodes that are good but have bad endings, but what about vice-versa? My best choice would be Brake My Wife, Please, though it would have worked better as the ending to Three Gays of the Condo

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Samson View Post
    Everyone seems to talk about certain episodes that are good but have bad endings, but what about vice-versa? My best choice would be Brake My Wife, Please, though it would have worked better as the ending to Three Gays of the Condo
    Definitely When You Dish Upon A Star, that Ron Howard Happy Day's ending is fantastic. Although I think this episode is average, it's definitely more bad than good

Dish Upon a Star has the distinction to me of being one of the episodes with only a good opening and ending. I only liked the beginning with the Yogi Bear parody, and the ending with Ron Howard stealing and then selling Homer's script. The rest was shit.

fan fatale of Takena Nagao jal90's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Dude, where's my ranch? to me. They had such a promising episode about Homer creating his own Christmas song and finding success, it was funny, it could have some interesting satire or social commentary, etc. Then the Simpsons move to a ranch, they do stuff I don't care about for like fifteen minutes, and by the end of this utterly inconsequential deviation that became the main plot the episode comes full circle at the final joke, as a hilarious reminder that this was supposed to be a good episode but the writers just stopped giving a damn after the first five minutes.

5. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Szyslak100

Is it possible? I mean, you can't lay the last brick if you don't have a base first. Maybe, Regarding Marge could be an option, but I don't think the episode was bad, just forgettable, though the end was a little touching. Maybe the episodes with marriage crisis are more brittle to be a bad episodes with a good endings, because the conflicts are usually bother but the reconciliation could be pleasent But after a quick check I couldn't find an episode to mention without any doubts here.

Maybe, if Treehouse of Horror's segments counts, I'd say Heaven Swipes Right is another likely one. It was being a rushed and desorganizated segment but the perturbing end make me think everything was worthy. Yeah, maybe that segment is a good call to answer it.

What I can identify easier are bad episodes with a good last scene/four act, for example: the Modern Family's parody at the end of the awful What to Expect When Bart's Expecting. But that is not the conclusion, just an disjointed moment to the rest of the episode. I think you are not asking for that.
    Fan of the Outstanding Animated Show of 2019.

SEASON 31 - RATINGS
    The Winter of Our Monetized Content: 3/5 / Go Big or Go Homer: 3/5 / The Fat Blue Line 4/5
    Treehouse of Horror XXX: 5/5 / Gorillas on the Mast: 3/5 / Marge the Lumberjill 2/5

UPCOMING EPISODES
    Livin' La Pura Vida: ?/5 / Thanksgiving of Horror: ?/5 / Todd, Todd, Why Hast Thou Forsaken Me: ?/5

Thread Information