Thread: The Owl House

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

The Owl House

I thought we'd have a thread for this new and upcoming Disney series, originally scheduled for release this year but delayed to next year.

The Owl House is a horror-comedy series that follows Luz, a self-assured teenage human girl who accidentally stumbles upon a portal to the Demon Realm. There she befriends a rebellious witch, Eda, and an adorably tiny warrior, King. Despite not having magical abilities, Luz pursues her dream of becoming a witch by serving as Eda’s apprentice at the Owl House and ultimately finds a new family in an unlikely setting.
    Maybe the one animated show I'm anticipating most right now as it does seem interesting. I like the sound of the premise and the art style, animation & character designs look eyecatching (sort of like a mix between 'Gravity Falls', 'Star Vs. The Forces Of Evil' & some magical anime). I'm hoping it'll turn out to be a good and worthwhile one.

I read the most recent news that it's set to premiere in January (not too far away so that's good).

hey!!! looks impressive...Disney's world was one of my dream world to live in...can't wait for the release...

I saw that they have released another preview clip for Comic-Con, though I probably won't watch it to be spoiled. I think I'd like to keep the show itself (outside of the trailers/teasers and opening & ending sequences) a surprise until it airs unless I decide otherwise

Giving a shout out to @Wile E. the Brain since you asked me about the show earlier. Your thoughts on it and the content released so far?
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 10-05-2019 at 09:01 AM.

Have Brain, Will Travel Wile E. the Brain's Avatar

@CousinMerl, yeah, I saw it. Well, not the sneak peek because I want to keep the show as a surprise too, but I saw it was released. I also saw the series will air in January and I'm genuinely excited about it.

And Alex Hirsch being one of the main characters is definitely a nice touch.

Nice to finally hear from you in this thread, @Wile E. the Brain (and interesting that you too are also not watching that preview clip with footage from the show).

I like that Alex Hirsch is involved (though kind of undestandable as the creator is his girlfriend, I think) and as for his character I hope he won't be this annoying Scrappy or Princess Ponyhead-like character that viewers will quickly come to hate but an likeable, maybe endearing character.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1W1FFiT51lg

New trailer, plus the premiere date which is January 10th. Additionally the show's already been renewed for a second season.

Probably should've posted on here earlier to say that the previews I've seen got me hooked and I'll definitely be checking this show out. Wendi Malick and Alex Hirsch being part of the main cast is already a plus.

Also, the fact that the series starts on a Friday seems to indicate that it'll be airing weekly which is more preferable, last thing I want is a repeat of how badly Disney dropped the ball with Season 1 of Amphibia.
    Family Guy Season 18 Ratings - Yacht Rocky: 1.5/5 Bri-Da: 2.5/5 Absolutely Babulous: 1.5/5 Disney's The Reboot: 1.5/5 Cat Fight: 1.5/5 Peter & Lois' Wedding: .5/5 Heart Burn: 1.5/5 Shanksgiving: .5/5 Christmas is Coming: 2/5 Connie's Celica: 0/5
    American Dad! Season 15 Ratings - Fantasy Baseball: 1.5/5 I Am the Jeans: The Gina Lavetti Story: 0/5 Stan & Francine & Connie & Ted: 0/5 Rabbit Ears: 1.5/5 Jeff and the Dank Ass Weed Factory: 1/5 Lost Boys: 0/5 Shark?!: 1/5 The Long March: 2/5 The Hall Monitor and the Lunch Lady: 0/5 Wild Women Do: 2/5 An Irish Goodbye: 3/5 Stompe le Monde: 0/5 Mom Sauce: 0/5 Hamerican Dad!: 0/5 Demolition Daddy: 0/5 Pride Before the Fail: .5/5 Enter Stanman: 0/5 No Weddings and a Funeral: 0/5 Eight Fires: 1.5/5 The Hand That Rocks the Rogu: 0/5 Downtown: TBD Cheek to Cheek: A Stripper's Story: TBD

Thread Information