Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rate & Review: "Go Big or Go Homer" (YABF21)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Chatting Simpsons Since '93 Brad Lascelle's Avatar

Rate & Review: "Go Big or Go Homer" (YABF21)

Season 31, Episode 2
    Original Airdate: October 6, 2019
    Writer: John Frink
    Director: Matthew Faughnan
    Showrunner: Matt Selman
    Synopsis: Homer is demoted to supervising interns, among whom is go-getter millennial Mike, a 35-year-old who asks Homer to be his mentor. However, when Homer inspires Mike to start a business of his own, the two find themselves being chased by the mob.

Previous R&R
    Next R&R

INDUSTRY REVIEWS
    - The A.V. Club - Dennis Perkins - C+
    - Den of Geek - Tony Sokol - 3.5 / 5
    - Bubble Blabber - Jesse Bereta - 6 / 10
    - Puzzled Pagan Presents - Patrick Gaertner
    - Me Blog Write Good - Mike Amato
    - Phil Payton {YouTube} - B
    - Max Power {YouTube} - 5 / 10

SIMPSONS REDDIT DISCUSSION THREAD

TV VIEWERSHIP - 2.1 Rating / 9 Share - 5.63 Million Viewers {#1 RATED SCRIPTED SHOW ON TV FOR THE WEEK}

R&R Poll Average Score: 1.81 / 5 (as of January 24th / 21 votes)

Users Who Have Voted & Their Score for the Episode
    BartArt {3} / bboynexus {2} / Brad Lascelle {3} / CousinMerl {2} / D DEBBS {1} / Financial Panther {2} / firedude750 {1}
    Frankbags {2} / GlitterCat {1} / Hockey Mask {2} / HoJu13 {1} / Homer Samson {2} / John95 {1} / Kaine {2}
    Mikesuper26 {2} / Nameless {2} / Nitsy {2} / owo {1} / Shoskin {1} / Szyslak100 {3} / Wile E. the Brain {2}

IMDB User Rating: 5.8 / 10 (as of February 16th / 397 users)
    Last edited by Brad Lascelle; 02-17-2020 at 12:23 AM.
    SEASON 31 RANKINGS
    The Winter of Our Monetized Content - 1.5/5 / Go Big or Go Homer - 2.5/5 / The Fat Blue Line - 3.5/5
    THOH XXX = Danger Things - 2.5/5 / Heaven Swipes Right - 1.5/5 / When Hairy Met Slimy - 2/5
    Gorillas on the Mast - 3.5/5 / Marge the Lumberjill - 2/5 / Livin' la Pura Vida - 5/5
    THANKSGIVING OF HORROR = A-Gobble-ypto - 3/5 / The Fourth Thursday After Tomorrow - 5/5 / The Last Thanksgiving - 3.5/5
    Todd, Todd, Why Hast Thou Forsaken Me? - 3.5/5 / Bobby, It's Cold Outside - 2.5/5 / Hail to the Teeth - 1.5/5
    The Miseducation of Lisa Simpson - 2/5 / Frinkcoin - 3/5 / Maggie Simpson In "Playdate with Destiny" - 4/5
    Bart the Bad Guy - 5/5 / Screenless - 2/5 / Better Off Ned - 2.5/5 / Highway to Well - 4/5

Just a quick reminder from last week to leave a rounded score out of 5 with your review so it can be added to the consensus episode score for the site.

Unfunny and boring. Didn't even laugh once. 1/5

Banned
    Blog Entries

Matthew Faughnan was the director for Go Big or Go Homer, not Michael Polocino. I watched it already and now it's over

1...... out of 5....

Hercules Rockefeller Homer Samson's Avatar

2/5, waste of a decent premise. The mob stuff was rushed and I normally love the mob.
    Best and Worst Episode per Season:
    1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Night Out 2: One Fish, Two Fish, Blowfish, Blue Fish/Bart's Dog Gets an 'F' 3: Bart the Murderer/Saturdays of Thunder 4: Homer the Heretic/So Its Come To This: A Simpsons Clip Show 5: Cape Feare/Lady Bouvier's Lover 6: Homie the Clown/Another Simpsons Clip Show 7: Raging Abe Simpson and his Grumbling Grandson in " The Curse of the Flying Hellfish"/Scenes From the Class Struggle in Springfield 8: The Springfield Files/The Old Man and the Lisa 9: The City of New York vs. Homer Simpson/Miracle on Evergreen Terrace 10: Mayored to the Mob/Homer Simpson in: Kidney Trouble 11: Grift of the Magi/Eight Misbehavin' 12: Trilogy of Error/I'm Goin' to Praiseland 13: The Blunder Years/The Lastest Gun in the West 14: Moe Baby Blues/The Strong Arms of the Ma 15: My Mother the Carjacker/Co-Dependent's Day 16: The Heartbroke Kid/Homer and Ned's Hail Mary Pass 17: The Seemingly Never-Ending Story/The Bonfire of the Manatees 18: The Mook, The Chef, The Wife, and Her Homer/The Boys of Bummer 19: Eternal Moonshine of the Simpson Mind/Husbands and Knives 20: Gone Maggie Gone/Lisa the Drama Queen 21: The Squirt and the Whale/The Greatest Story Ever D'ohed 22: Homer Scissorhands/The Fight Before Christmas 23: The Book Job/Lisa Goes Gaga 24: The Saga of Carl/Love is a Many-Splintered Thing 25: Brick Like Me/What to Expect When Bart's Expecting 26: Sky Police/The Musk Who Fell to Earth 27: Barthood/Every Man's Dream 28: 22 for 30/The Caper Chase 29: Flanders' Ladder/Singin' in the Lane 30: Woo-hoo Dunnit?/I Want You (She's So Heavy)

Blog Entries

I wasn’t too enthralled by this one. They really wanted Mike to be larger than life and to bring the episode along, but he was just kind of irritating for the most part. There wasn’t anything I found interesting about him, so the whole episode kind of fell flat. It was definitely light on the jokes because they obviously depended on Mike carrying those as well, and they didn’t work. Homer was decent in it; I enjoyed his eagerness to be a mentor. I thought the episode would go the way of Pranks and Greens when Homer was saying Mike needed to grow up. The mob getting involved was actually decent, although reminiscent of Twisted World, but the scene with the guns and college basketball game went on too long. Can’t have a modern Simpsons episode without a dragged-out joke. I don’t have much else to say about this underwhelming, guest-character-dependent episode. 2/5
    Favorite and least favorite by season
    1. Krusty Gets Busted There’s No Disgrace Like Home 2. Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3. Homer at the Bat Like Father, Like Clown 4. Brother From the Same Planet Krusty Gets Kancelled 5. Cape Feare Lady Bouvier’s Lover 6. Homer Badman Another Simpsons Clip Show 7. King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8. Homer’s Enemy El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer 9. Bart Carny The Trouble With Trillions 10. Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: “Kidney Trouble” 11. Guess Who’s Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12. HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13. Tales From the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14. The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15. I, Annoyed Grunt)-bot Bart-Mangled Banner 16. A Star is Torn On a Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister 17. My Fair Laddy Bonfire of the Manatees 18. The Haw-Hawed Couple You Kent Always Say What You Want 19. Funeral for a Fiend All About Lisa 20. Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21. The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22. Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23. The Falcon and the D’ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24. Hardly Kirk-ing Moonshine River 25. The War of Art What to Expect When Bart’s Expecting 26. Sky Police Let’s Go Fly a Coot 27. Halloween of Horror Lisa With an ‘S’ 28. There Will Be Buds Moho House 29. Springfield Splendor Throw Grampa From the Dane

The Saw is Family BloodySimpsonChibi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Meh. It was pretty weird. Marge getting impaled by Burn's signature was funny tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaine View Post
    I'd imagine patting Lisa on the head would sting, damn kids with their spiky heads.

I liked that the story was obviously set in winter and I laughed at the Mr plow joke. But it's just a 1 of 5 for me.
    Pokemon Moon Friend Code 5473-2104-2310
    Looking for shiny, legendary, and mythical. Got shiny Sandshrew (Alola)
    Have various starters, zorua, can breed many pokemon.
    Current egg move hatching: Tyrunt with fire fang

Wasn't too fond of this one either. Like @homer5000 I didn't really like Mike and this was basically another case of "Character acts annoying for 2/3rd's of the episode, then is suddenly sympathetic in the last act" kind of episode that I've grown to hate due to how often I see shows like AD! doing them.

1/5, because unlike on AD! they at least made sure that Mike wasn't a totally irredeemable monster when doing this kind of episode.
    Family Guy Season 18 Ratings - Yacht Rocky: 1.5/5 Bri-Da: 2.5/5 Absolutely Babulous: 1.5/5 Disney's The Reboot: 1.5/5 Cat Fight: 1.5/5 Peter & Lois' Wedding: .5/5 Heart Burn: 1.5/5 Shanksgiving: .5/5 Christmas is Coming: 2/5 Connie's Celica: 0/5 Short Cuts: 2/5 Undergrounded: 1.5/5 Rich Old Stewie: 3.5/5 The Movement: .5/5 Baby Stewie: 0/5 Start Me Up: TBD Coma Guy: TBD
    American Dad! Season 16 Ratings - 100 Years a Solid Fool: TBD Downtown: TBD 4/27/20: TBD A Starboy is Born: TBD

Blog Entries

It's nice when a character actually has some energy to their performance but I feel like Mike had a bit too much and it became pretty annoying. Shame too, as a concept, I actually really like the idea of someone actually looking up to Homer like some sort of hero. Unfortunately, things got a lot weaker when he showed up and he quickly became grating. Which is a shame because things like the card incident were actually funny and it started off pretty strong.

Mike did a decent job but overall the character was far too high energy. It sort of reminded me of Frank Grimes just before his demise.

Homer's dream sequence felt more like a seinfeld discussion about chipping in with the kids reiterating it.

The food truck jokes were a little too obvious and overdone.

there were a couple of decent gags in there but overall it was too rushed and kind of bland ..

2/5

WTF!!! Did I just watch? Well congrats Simpson's writers I think Kill the Alligator and Run might now be my #11. That was awful.
    @Venomrabbit to answer your question on what makes a good guest voice, Michael Rapaport's is not one of them. He basically played the same asshat that he plays in whatever crappy movie he plays in and there is a lot of them.

1/5
    You ladies are without a doubt the most sorrowful clique at the dance. Not one of you fit to guard a Russian rock band.

However, your checks have cleared, so you all graduate.

I chuckled at Marge being impaled by Burns Signature, That was about it. I thought Mike's Character became annoying really quick, sorta picked up with The Mob.. but was rushed. 1/5

Blog Entries

Think the other thing that may not have helped is, iirc, outside of maybe two short scenes he was constantly on screen. I think even someone like Hank Scorpio might have been grating if there weren't a few breaks in between his moments.

Eh, this one wasn't that good at all. I thought it would be decent but it just got weaker and weaker and ended up worse than last week's season premiere and that was such a shame as I really liked the whole premise. The plot itself, with Homer having to take care of interns and one of them named Mike Wegman, his "biggest fan", standing up for him towards the other interns and asks Homer to be his mentor which the former accept, was a good idea and had a lot of possibilities for being such a simple, straightforward one (I really liked Homer's role and how he loves that someone sees him as a hero while most everyone else just laughs as him and sees him as dumb and stupid) but the writing didn't back it up so good at all that the whole episode essentially slowly comes apart aside from some moments here and here throughout the runtime. Again, what a shame as they really had something going here.

The intro with Lenny's surprise Birthday party and Mr. Burns coming along to join it was an good opener to the plot. I liked Homer being so petty about Burns signing the giant Birthday card but never putting $5 in the birthday fund envelope like the other guests and even having nightmares about the unpaid signature (which was a creative one), but the way it transitioned into the main story with Homer easily getting the 5 dollars from Burns but getting shit from Smithers who thought he took advange of the old man (whom was on some medication which made him compliant) and is demoted to supervising interns felt contrived (Why didn't he just say that he didn't know about Burns? And why was Smithers so hostile? Was like a throwback to Season 2) Anyway, the actual plot started out well with the introduction of Mike and some of the following stuff (that first meeting scene was actually pretty decent; also Homer calling the millennial interns "millenniums" was amusing).

Mike as a character wasn't a bad idea, even if it was just this stereotypical obnoxious, clingy and overenthuastic suck-up guy, and should have worked, but man, did they go too far and make him an a bit too annoying and unlikeable with his temper when someone badmouths Homer; it's not wrong to get upset when someone talks crap about someone you look up to, but his angry takedowns were too much (and yikes, that dinner table scene when he exploded infront of Bart after the latter gave Homer an usual insult and ended up berating and insulting him for like a minute, making the kid break down and cry even long after was insane & Lisa laughing her ass off was kind of awful. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. That scene crossed a line). Although he got thrown out by Marge, Mike kinda deserved getting buck shot in the face by Burns' with his old musket after he lashed out at the old man (like a sign that if he won't get anger management he'll get himself killed).

So anyway, even after that dinner scene, the episode chugged along and Homer still didn't tell Mike off for being so intrusive and stepping out of line but I sorta understood Homer for not wanting to lose his idol and friend (but he still should've been a little harsh on him). The pizza slice story was pretty doofy and would have worked better in another episode but it was still okay, though not sure about the convoluted thing about Mike borrowing money from Fat Tony and betting on sports to afford his pizza salesvan (or the overlong gun up/gun down scene); them being chased to the old dump graveyard for food salesvans was creative (I liked the various business name signs) and Mike and Tony settling the score by putting their heads together to have a pizza slice-slash-sports betting van business was pretty silly (but it worked) and everything ending well (though I think the episode could've worked perfectly without Fat Tony and his crew. Just have Burns be the villain or something).

The humor was not too strong for the most part save from some small gags that were pretty funny for what they were, the animation was nice (maybe especially for Mike with his constant gesturing with flailing arms when he gets worked up) & the pacing was surprisingly okay (though it felt like the episode dragged at times and could have been tightened up or had a small subplot; the story felt like it struggled to fill out an entire episode that had no intro save for the Simpsons clouds). Characterizations were decent aside from Smithers being overly aggressive andd Lisa cracking up at Mike lashing out at Bart (at the completely wrong moment). Michael Rapaport's performance as Mike was energetic and had the drive, but it wasn't great but rather a case of overacting (the character being not too likeable didn't help). Also, was the pregnant wife necessary? She felt so flat, bland and lifeless they could easily have excluded her and the episode would've lost nothing.

All in all, just a letdown of an episode (as I've already said but feel ready to repeat). It had a good plot idea and some good moments (I like Homer and his relationship towards Mike for one thing) and some alright jokes, but the writing was just bungled and sort of confused with some bizarre and weird choices (ranging from certain scenes to character behavior) and some really forced moments, being so scattershot (not only with the humor but with the events that transpired, especially in the second half). It almost felt like I was watching a coherent Scully episode with the often cruel tone and mean-spirited stuff (like the abeformentioned dinner scene) & the cartoonish antics but it wasn't one of the stronger ones. I like Matt Selman as a showrunner as much as the next fan (aside from those who think he's overrated) but he needed to work with a much stronger script than this which just lacked.

So sorry, this was just a 2/5 (with those few elements and moments I did like helping), though with half points it's just a 1.5/5 (with the dinner scene standing out as one bit which definitely pulled it's weight).
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 10-11-2019 at 04:27 AM.

Blog Entries

Oh yes, the dinner scene. It's a shame because the previous ep was at least a good one for Bart overall, when one of the biggest issues with season 30 was hime being constantly put through the wringer wether or not he did anything to deserve that (Daddicus Finch and E My Sports being especially glaring examples. Did Lisa even get punished for bloodying him in the former? I don't remember her even being told to go to her room.) He's not exactly perfect but considering he lives with at least one, maybe two, family members who are at best very aggressive and abusive at worst, and the whole world already craps on him constantly, it gets really hard to watch scenes like that. Something like that might have been a bit too far even for Lisa but at the same time, that might've actually introduced some conflict without forcing Fat Tony in there and she at least could be taken down a peg... especially after that scene.

Mr Burns could have definitely worked fine as the villain too, he's exactly cruel and vindictive enough to come back and with a modern gun too... though maybe he wouldn't be the best choice because I was kinda rooting for him after his to-the-point rebuttal.

Bart crying for hours afterwards really made the scene worse. At least Marge told Mike to leave and Mike's wife seemed to feel sorry about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Venomrabbit View Post
    Mr Burns could have definitely worked fine as the villain too, he's exactly cruel and vindictive enough to come back and with a modern gun too... though maybe he wouldn't be the best choice because I was kinda rooting for him after his to-the-point rebuttal.
    Was thinking on it some more and one thing they could have done was Burns being the one Mike got the money from (while the former was yet again high on the medicinal drugs and had his goodwill persona) and wanting it back as he's back to his old mean self. Would have worked as a nice callback to Homer getting the $5 from Burns earlier and served as a plot point. Kind of surprising they did not do something like that and instead shoehorned the mob into the story as a last minute thing.

20. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Szyslak100

Hercules Rockefeller Homer Samson's Avatar

I think Matt Selman should be ashamed that Jean and Koh can do a better episode than him

Have Brain, Will Travel Wile E. the Brain's Avatar

I really don't know what to think about this episode, it let me confused to say the least. I wouldn't say it was that bad of an episode, at least not to the point of getting into the 50 worst episodes of the show, but man this was an odd one. Such a shame since the episode started off actually pretty well. Homer feeling so petty because of Burns' signature was interesting, it has some good jokes (Homer's nightmare was creative and I must admit his line "I had the most horrible nightmare where I listen to your advice" got a good laugh out of me) and it looked promising until Smithers came up. Yeah, the fact he was so hostile for something like that felt a bit off at this point of the show, and for something Homer didn't even knew (and if Smithers had to explain to Homer what Burns had, he must have known that Homer didn't know).

And that was probably at this moment that the episode did go downhill. I don't know why but I felt like the whole town was unnecessary cruel towards Homer. Even his family. Like when Homer asks Marge to respect him as a nuclear guy and her reaction. But yeah, Mike was really a pretty obnoxious character. To be honest, the very idea of his character isn't all that bad, by depicting an adult person that acts too childish for his own good, and who looks at Homer as a hero. And it was, in depth, pretty nice to see someone taking Homer's defense especially considering how insecure he looks in this episode. Which, by the way, is still interesting, I like seeing Homer being insecure about himself, he's endearing.

But of course, they had to make Mike as unlikeable as possible. Even if he's clearly not an irredeemable jerkass and hasn't a bad purpose, he felt too much unsympathetic for his own good, even if that was the point. The bit where he exploded in front of Bart was mean (and especially Lisa laughing at that, it was really hard to swallow, it would've been a good idea if she was laughing awkwardly like to try to calm the atmosphere but with her also affected by how mean Mike was to Bart, but no she really looked like she genuinely had fun by seeing someone insulting her brother) and I was really disturbed by this moment. Not to mention the last part with the mob that clearly looks like it was a last-minute idea, but I won't lie, the pizza slice / sports betting van was an idea that is so silly that I actually liked it, it was a fun element. And also, things ended well for Homer which was nice after all he did go through during the whole episode.

But for the most part, this episode was confusing. Especially regarding the story and the characterizations. Some jokes worked well with me which is why I don't consider it an awful episode per say (even though some moments fell flat, especially the overly long gun scene), it could've been worse even regarding the story, but it came up with odd ideas and a weak execution, and an overall mean tone that I didn't enjoyed, and that came from someone who considers Homer's Enemy one of the best episodes of the whole series. Matt Faughnan's direction was good, by the way. Bottom line, another below average episode in a row.

2/5
    Last edited by Wile E. the Brain; 10-07-2019 at 04:57 AM.
    It ate EVERYBODY, stupid !

The Winter of Our Monetized Content - 2/5 / Go Big or Go Homer - 2/5 / The Fat Blue Line - 3.5/5 / Treehouse of Horror XXX - 2.5/5 / Gorillas on the Mast - 3.5/5 / Marge the Lumberjill - 2/5 / Livin' la Pura Vida - 4/5 / Thanksgiving of Horror - 4/5 / Todd, Todd, Why Hast Thou Forsaken Me - 2.5/5 / Bobby, it's Cold Outside - 2.5/5 / Hail to the Teeth - 1.5/5 / The Miseducation of Lisa Simpson - 3.5/5 / Frinkcoin - 2/5 / Bart the Bad Guy - 4/5 / Screenless - 3.5/5 / Better Off Ned - 1.5/5 / Highway to Well - TBA / The Incredible Lightness of Being a Baby - TBA

I could definitely have bought Lisa chuckling nervously at Bart getting insults yelled at him as a desperate means to defuse the tension and to try cover up her own harrowed reaction, but not laughing heartily. Even with their stormy relationship I could hardly have imagined her doing something like that before this. The scene was incompetently written and disturbing because of it.

The line "I had the most horrible nightmare where I listen to your advice" was probably my favorite little funny bit from the episode.

Blog Entries

Well, after Daddicus Finch, Greatest Story Ever D'ohed, On a Clear Day I Can't See My Sister and probably a lot of others I'm forgetting, it's really not something shocking, it's honestly pretty normal or even tame from her nowadays. She's become someone who delights in seeing or causing Bart to be miserable, sometimes to the point of being a more extreme version of characters who used to be like that towards him. It's how not-shocking it is that I find to be a bigger problem, especially for someone the narrative constantly tries to paint as the most morally superior character on the show.

Maybe she would have come off a lot better if she tried to defuse the situation in some horribly misguided way that only made things worse. Like, I dunno, trying to put a positive spin on the muppet comment.

I'll give the ep this though, for the most part, Homer's characterisation was actually really good and, given what a laughingstock he is even in universe, being insecure is a believable angle for him and does make it harder to try and talk some sense into someone who outright worships the ground he walks on when people that show even basic respect are almost nonexistent.

Points taken @Venomrabbit (and agree regarding Homer's stance), but in this instance I thought it would have been natural if Lisa would have objected to Bart getting verbally beaten down (maybe especially as it was by some adult she just met), at least sort of like in an "No one can trash talk my brother but me" sibling kind of way, but like you said they do seem to exaggerate her loving to see and/or to cause Bart feeling like garbage at times so it's maybe not all too surprising, but still, I thought she would be better than this.

Tyrant: The REAL Tiger King! D DEBBS's Avatar

Mike....the most obnoxious one-shot character since Little Vicki Valentine and the Screamapillar.

1/5

Blog Entries

That can work too, though thinking about it, I think I'd actually like if she had something like what I mentioned as a trait, given how socially awkward she supposedly is. It could give a plausible reason for her popularity without making her outright unsympathetic (like, say, trying to compliment Martin on an outfit but accidentally wording it in a way that he takes as a remark about his weight or something)

Have Brain, Will Travel Wile E. the Brain's Avatar

Giving credits to the episode, I also really liked Homer's portrayal in it, as someone being insecure. Like I said in my review, it was interesting to see, that makes Homer even more endearing and it's believable. It happened to him a couple of times already (like Deep Space Homer) but that still works and here, in a fresh way. Even though they exaggerated it a bit with almost virtually everyone being cruel towards him. But that was the highlight of this episode. I liked the scene where he tried to convince Mike he's not the hero his "apprentice" believes he is.

Regarding Bart, I felt like this episode wants us to buy the boy was the one in the wrong. One of the pictures during the credits shows him annoyed by the success of Mike's business, if I remember well.

Simpsons staffers over social media prior to the air of last night's episode... "the most fun to work on of the last season", "something special" and "Rapaport had them laughing non-stop".

The No Homers Community (and the rest of the Internet seemingly) upon watching the episode in question...

30. Thumbs Up To This Post by: John95

@Wile E. the Brain, Too bad that thing you mentioned about Bart bring the Designated Villain doesn't even come close to working because of how much you end up hating Mike who honestly ends up coming across as a Karma Houdini.

EDIT: Over the Reddit the feedback appears to be a little more mixed and the person who wrote Bubblebladder's review found Mike ripping Bart to shreds to be hilarious...
    Last edited by John95; 10-07-2019 at 08:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by John95 View Post
    EDIT: Over the Reddit the feedback appears to be a little more mixed and the person who wrote Bubblebladder's review found Mike ripping Bart to shreds to be hilarious...
    Heh... Bubblebladder. You made a funny.

Jesse Bereta finds just about everything that modern Simpsons throws out there to be hilarious. If you asked him, he would tell you sincerely that Season 31 of the show is one of the best ever. There's a word for non-discerning reviewers like him... and it ultimately means that their opinion is empty and meaningless because they love everything you put out. His lowest score for an episode last season was a 6 out of 10. You know he truly despises an episode when he gives it a 6. (And guess what score he gave this week's episode... hmmm.)

Thread Information