Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NHC BEST HD EPISODES - TOP30 - Results!

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

don't quite cover all CousinMerl's Avatar

That's a good alternate list @Szyslak100, even if it still have a few I'd switch out if I did my own redone version.

On the results, I'm surprised to find a lot of good episodes missing. Where's 'The Town', 'To Surveil With Love' & 'Fland Canyon'? All of them appeared on several lists and that none of them made it to the final list is a little disappointing as I find them to be really good examples modern Simpsons highlights. I guess they just didn't amass enough points.
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 09-30-2019 at 02:40 AM.

Yeah was surprised surveil didn't make it.

Hercules Rockefeller Homer Samson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Szyslak100 View Post
    Wedding is fine, but John is pretty unlikeable
    Who the hell is John? Don't you mean Hugh?
    Best and Worst Episode per Season:
    1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Night Out 2: One Fish, Two Fish, Blowfish, Blue Fish/Bart's Dog Gets an 'F' 3: Bart the Murderer/Saturdays of Thunder 4: Homer the Heretic/So Its Come To This: A Simpsons Clip Show 5: Cape Feare/Lady Bouvier's Lover 6: Homie the Clown/Another Simpsons Clip Show 7: Raging Abe Simpson and his Grumbling Grandson in " The Curse of the Flying Hellfish"/Scenes From the Class Struggle in Springfield 8: The Springfield Files/The Old Man and the Lisa 9: The City of New York vs. Homer Simpson/Miracle on Evergreen Terrace 10: Mayored to the Mob/Homer Simpson in: Kidney Trouble 11: Grift of the Magi/Eight Misbehavin' 12: Trilogy of Error/I'm Goin' to Praiseland 13: The Blunder Years/The Lastest Gun in the West 14: Moe Baby Blues/The Strong Arms of the Ma 15: My Mother the Carjacker/Co-Dependent's Day 16: The Heartbroke Kid/Homer and Ned's Hail Mary Pass 17: The Seemingly Never-Ending Story/The Bonfire of the Manatees 18: The Mook, The Chef, The Wife, and Her Homer/The Boys of Bummer 19: Eternal Moonshine of the Simpson Mind/Husbands and Knives 20: Gone Maggie Gone/Lisa the Drama Queen 21: The Squirt and the Whale/The Greatest Story Ever D'ohed 22: Homer Scissorhands/The Fight Before Christmas 23: The Book Job/Lisa Goes Gaga 24: The Saga of Carl/Love is a Many-Splintered Thing 25: Brick Like Me/What to Expect When Bart's Expecting 26: Sky Police/The Musk Who Fell to Earth 27: Barthood/Every Man's Dream 28: 22 for 30/The Caper Chase 29: Flanders' Ladder/Singin' in the Lane 30: Woo-hoo Dunnit?/I Want You (She's So Heavy)

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Samson View Post
    Who the hell is John? Don't you mean Hugh?
    Yes and no. In latin american dub Hugh is called John, and well, that name came to mind first for obvious reasons.

Blog Entries

The most surprising thing with this list is The Book Job ranking 2nd. I knew this episode was well liked, but I never expected it to rank that high. Still a solid list overall, hope to do more of them in the future.
    Episodes rated best and worst from each season:
    1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Night Out 2: The Way We Was/Bart's Dog Gets an F 3: Colonel Homer/Dog of Death 4: Marge vs. The Monorail/So It's Come to This: A Simpsons Clip Show 5: Cape Feare/Bart Gets An Elephant 6: Treehouse of Horror V/Another Simpsons Clip Show 7: Mother Simpson/Homerpalooza 8: You Only Move Twice/The Canine Mutiny 9: Lisa's Sax/The Two Mrs. Nahasapeemapetilons 10: Lisa Gets an A/Sunday Cruddy Sunday 11: Behind The Laughter/Beyond Blunderdome 12: Trilogy of Error/The Computer Wore Menace Shoes 13: I Am Furious Yellow/Homer the Moe 14: The Dad Who Knew Too Little/Large Marge 15: The Way We Weren't/Diatribe of a Mad Housewife 16: Thank God Its Doomsday/Mommie Beerest 17: Marge's Son Poisoning/Bonfire of the Manatees 18: Marge Gamer/Revenge is Best Served Three Times 19: Treehouse of Horror XVIII/That 90's Show 20: Gone Maggie Gone/Coming To Homerica 21: O Brother, Where Bart thou?/The Devil Wears Nada 22: Homer Scissorhands/The Fool Monty 23: Holidays of Future Passed/Moe Goes From Rags To Riches 24: Adventures In Baby-Getting/Whiskey Business 25: Brick Like Me/White Christmas Blues 26: Bart's New Friend/The Musk Who Fell to Earth 27: Halloween of Horror/Every Man's Dream 28: There Will Be Buds/Moho House 29: Gone Boy/Throw Grampa from the Dane

@Szyslak100, how come neither 'The Town', 'To Surveil With Love' or 'Fland Canyon' made the final list? It was on several entry lists so I figured they would be on here but they weren't (of the three I especially thought 'The Town' would make it).

Just wondering. Not putting any blame on you or anything. I just found it curious.
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 09-30-2019 at 02:42 AM.

Okay, it's the moment to assume the consquences of my acts. Yeah, as many of you knows, I created fake accounts to vote in R&R polls. First of all, I want to apologize to all of you for that. For alter the results, for the changes in the system I caused, for ruin the transparences of the polls. As you can check, my intentions wasn't double my opinion. The first fake account I created was because I wanted to counter a 1/5 vote from another fake account. And then it turned in a temptation of get better average for episodes, and I frankly lost the stirrups. And if you asked why I participated twice in the consensous of best HD era episodes, it was because I thought one more list could give more accurance to the thread. Obviously I was wrong, and what I did was bad in all senses, but I have to emphatize that my intentions weren't selfish.

I'm available to whatever be the decision of the moderators. If you consider I have to be banned, I will accept and understand your decision.

Sorry for the inconveniences.

P.S. I didn't know where I should post it, so I'll do it here, where everything started and where all the interesed will be able to read.
    Fan of the Outstanding Animated Show of 2019.

SEASON 31 - RATINGS
    The Winter of Our Monetized Content: 3/5 / Go Big or Go Homer: 3/5 / The Fat Blue Line 4/5
    Treehouse of Horror XXX: 4/5 / Gorillas on the Mast: 3/5 / Marge the Lumberjill: 2/5
    Livin' La Pura Vida: 5/5 / Thanksgiving of Horror: 5/5 / Todd, Todd, Why Hast Thou Forsaken Me: 2/5
    Bobby, It's Cold Outside: TBA / Hail of the Teeth: TBA

8. Thumbs Up To This Post by: owo, Sam

Blog Entries

lmao

Blog Entries

what a naughty boy
    twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IdiotDetector View Post
    Two and a Half Men is no more an "adult show" than "Rocket Power."

Blog Entries

@Szyslak100 you've been spared aside from a never-expiring infraction but u do it again and me paddle will show zero mercy

Blog Entries

ok im done see y'all next month

Blog Entries

change the cheaters name to Tom Brady as a badge of dishonor
    Fuck Donald Trump. #NotMyPresident

Quote Originally Posted by Szyslak100 View Post
    Okay, it's the moment to assume the consquences of my acts. Yeah, as many of you knows, I created fake accounts to vote in R&R polls. First of all, I want to apologize to all of you for that. For alter the results, for the changes in the system I caused, for ruin the transparences of the polls. As you can check, my intentions wasn't double my opinion. The first fake account I created was because I wanted to counter a 1/5 vote from another fake account. And then it turned in a temptation of get better average for episodes, and I frankly lost the stirrups. And if you asked why I participated twice in the consensous of best HD era episodes, it was because I thought one more list could give more accurance to the thread. Obviously I was wrong, and what I did was bad in all senses, but I have to emphatize that my intentions weren't selfish.

I'm available to whatever be the decision of the moderators. If you consider I have to be banned, I will accept and understand your decision.

Sorry for the inconveniences.

P.S. I didn't know where I should post it, so I'll do it here, where everything started and where all the interesed will be able to read.
    It takes some guts to own up to and accept the consequences of your actions (even when you know you've been found out and there's no point denying it) so I can respect that. Sometimes it's easier to just save face and slink into the background, but you haven't done that. I've always valued your contributions to the forum, especially given there aren't really many people left who seem to give a shit. I hope you - and we - can put this behind us.
    SEASON 31 GRADES

The Winter of Our Monetized Content - 3/5 / Go Big or Go Homer - 2.5/5 / The Fat Blue Line - 3/5
    Treehouse of Horror XXX - 2/5 / Gorillas on the Mast - 2.5/5 / Marge the Lumberjill - 2/5
    Livin' La Pura Vida - 4.5/5 / Thanksgiving of Horror - 5/5 / Todd, Todd, Why Hast Thou Forsaken Me? - 3.5/5
    Bobby, It's Cold Outside - ?/5 / Hail to the Teeth - ?/5

15. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Szyslak100

I'm surprised about the true identity of the poll tamperer @Brad Lascelle talked about in the second post of the 'The Winter Of Our Monetized Content' Rate & Review thread ( at least I didn't know before this thread so I'm guessing it revealed somewhere else?), but when push comes to shove I cannot hold it against you, @Szyslak100 (even if your actions killed all future episode R&R polls).

You did a big mistake but had the decency to admit it, properly apologize and accept punishment. You being an likeable, interesting and very contributing member (having posted a lot of good stuff) I'm glad you didn't get permabanned and hopefully you'll continue contributing some more like with these Toplist threads (that I hope to see more of). Hope to see you around.

17. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Sam, Szyslak100

Junior Camper

Glad 'Halloween of Horror' won. Not just the best episode of the HD era, but one of the best episodes of the entire show, regardless of when it was made.

19. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Szyslak100

Whether 'Halloween Of Horror' truly is one of the best episodes of the entire show or not is debatable (at least to a portion of the fanbase), but I think it definitely deserved first place as it made very good use of it's ingredients and thanks to the writing, direction and showrunning by Matt Selman it turned out a great modern episode.

21. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Szyslak100

Al Jeany apologist skully the poltergeist's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Not one of the very best but it definitely wouldn't have been out of place in the Classic era. One of the few eps in the last 15 years that felt natural and wasn't loaded with cringe and desperation.
    yeet or get yeeted

23. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Szyslak100

Thread Information