Who is your favourite recurring character (which appears not so often)?

(I didn't find approximate thread, so I create a new one)
    Which of reccuring characters are your favourite? I mean that character:
    1) who is NOT voiced by special guest star, although it speaks;
    2) who DOES NOT have special plots or sub-plots (or has only one or two);
    3) who appears in series NOT VERY OFTEN, or just in several episodes overall.

I found out, that there are, at least, several such characters in the series, exspecially, nowadays.

Here are examples of such characters I could find (sorry, if I made a mistake somewhere): The "Yes" Guy, Laney Fontaine, Julio, Cookie Kwan, Mrs. Vanderbilt ("Socialite", "Society matron" or "Posh lady"), Miss Springfield, Rainier Wolfcastle, Kang/Kodos, Arnie Pye, Skull and Crossbones Man (in the link article it said, that he appeared only in Steal this episode, but actually he also appear in a few episodes after that).

My vote is on Laney Fontaine. I like this simple and, in the same time, deep character.

What about you? Dont forget, that opinions may differ how many people, so many opinions.
    IMHO the most and the least favourite episodes of each season (without clipshows and trilogy episodes):
    1. Simpsons Roasting on an Open Fire/Homer’s Night Out 2. Old Money/Simpson and Delilah 3. Bart the Lover/Burns Verkaufen der Kraftwerk 4. Homer’s Triple Bypass/Marge Gets a Job 5. Secrets of a Successful Marriage/Burns’ Heir 6. ’Round Springfield/A Star Is Burns 7. Home Sweet Homediddly-Dum-Doodily/Bart the Fink 8. Simpsoncalifragilisticexpiala(Annoyed Grunt)cious/The Springfield Files 9. Miracle on Evergreen Terrace/Das Bus 10. Maximum Homerdrive/Monty Can’t Buy Me Love 11. Faith Off/Pygmoelian 12. Homer vs. Dignity/New Kids on the Blecch 13. Poppa’s Got a Brand New Badge/Weekend at Burnsie’s 14. Moe Baby Blues/Three Gays of the Condo 15. Fraudcast News/Co-Dependent’s Day 16. Sleeping with the Enemy/Pranksta Rap 17. Bonfire of the Manatees/The Italian Bob 18. The Wife Aquatic/Rome-old and Juli-eh 19. He Loves to Fly and He D’ohs/Smoke on the Daughter 20. Coming to Homerica/In the Name of the Grandfather 21. The Squirt and the Whale/Stealing First Base 22. The Ned-Liest Catch/Love Is a Many Strangled Thing 23. A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again/The Ten-Per-Cent Solution 24. The Saga of Carl/Penny-Wiseguys 25. Brick Like Me/The Man Who Grew Too Much 26. Bart’s New Friend/Simpsorama 27. Halloween of Horror/Every Man’s Dream 28. The Town/Trust but Clarify 29. Flanders’ Ladder/Grampy Can Ya Hear Me 30. TBA/TBA

I think that opinions may differ how many people, so many opinions.

Kang & Kodos appeared in each Treehouse of Horror, were protagonists in lots of segments and even have had a complete episode for them amd their universe. I am not sure if they meet the conditions that you established for a recurring character.

With that said, some of my favorites recurring characters are:
    Baby Gerald: I love his interactions with Maggie. The Longest Daycare is one of the most beautiful things The Simpsons have done.

Mr. and Mrs. Winfield: Their acid comments were always really funny.

Jenda: I like her interventions. She is a useless card for futuristic episodes.

Kumiko: She deserves more develop. Tim Long created a great character, but others writers should use her too.

Arnie Pie: He formed with Kent Brockman one of the funniest couples of the entire series.

Plopper: The best pet The Simpsons have ever had, without doubt. He is a sympathetic little pig.

Frankie the Squealer and Johnny Tightlips: Different characters who have something in common: fantastic interactions with Springfield Mob.

Squeaky Voiced Teen: An useless character who has one of the best gimmicks: appears working in every place with its characteristic voice.

Benjamin, Doug & Gary: Fantastic stereotype. They deserves more appearences.

And my personal favorites...
    God and Jesus Christ: Seem impossible make a bad use of their. Every time they appears, make me laugh, even in bad episodes. I love their characters.
    Fan of the Outstanding Animated Show of 2019.

SEASON 31 - RATINGS
    The Winter of Our Monetized Content: 3/5 / Go Big or Go Homer: 3/5 / The Fat Blue Line 4/5

don't quite cover all CousinMerl's Avatar

Some that come to mind are Johnny Tightlips (always gets a laugh or chuckle. He should be in the mob scenes just as much as Legs & Louie), the underused Herman (good shady and amusing bad guy. Too bad he appears to rarely) and the Just Stamp The Ticket man (I like his thing with the constant bitterness and hostility). I'm also thinking of Lugash (I think he only appeared twice but he was funny and memorable. I wonder why they forgot about him).

Hans Moleman. He used to be like Kenny, he would die frequently.

Quote Originally Posted by Szyslak100 View Post
    Kumiko: She deserves more develop. Tim Long created a great character, but others writers should use her too.
    Oh, yeah. For some reason I forgot about Kumiko. She's also a good character and, luckily, isn't overused yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover Hendrix View Post
    Hans Moleman. He used to be like Kenny, he would die frequently.
    Of course I agree with it, but Hans Moleman, IMHO, appear too often, and sometimes his appearing is poitless.

Thread Information