Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NHC TOP30 HD ERA EPISODES - Choose your top20!

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again only narrowly missed out on my top 5, but will almost certainly make my top 10. That's a magnificent episode about mindfulness with one of the best endings to a post-classic episode ever.
    SEASON 31 GRADES

Chatting Simpsons Since '93 Brad Lascelle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Szyslak100 View Post
    You ruined a nice stat (it appeared in all lists)
    I like to be difficult.
    SEASON 30 RANKINGS
    Bart's Not Dead - 2.5/5 / Heartbreak Hotel - 1.5/5 / My Way or the Highway to Heaven - 3/5
    THOH XXIX = Intrusion of the Pod-Y Switchers - 1.5/5 / Multiplisaty - 2.5/5 / Geriatric Park - 2/5
    Baby You Can't Drive My Car - 2/5 / From Russia Without Love - 3.5/5 / Werking Mom - 3/5
    Krusty the Clown - 4/5 / Daddicus Finch - 5/5 / 'Tis the 30th Season - 2/5 / Mad About the Toy - 1.5/5
    The Girl on the Bus - 2/5 / I'm Dancing as Fat as I Can - 4.5/5 / The Clown Stays in the Picture - 1.5/5
    101 Mitigations - 3/5 / I Want You (She's So Heavy) - 1/5 / E My Sports - 3.5/5
    Bart vs. Itchy & Scratchy - 4.5/5 / Girl's in the Band - 4/5 / I'm Just a Girl Who Can't Say D'oh - 1/5
    D'oh Canada - 2.5/5 / Woo-hoo Dunnit? - 3.5/5 / Crystal Blue-Haired Persuasion - 1.5/5

don't quite cover all CousinMerl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bboynexus View Post
    A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again only narrowly missed out on my top 5, but will almost certainly make my top 10. That's a magnificent episode about mindfulness with one of the best endings to a post-classic episode ever.
    To be fair, I don't dislike it as much as I did before as I've warmed up to it a little, but I still cannot get into that goofy, over the top & mean spirited third act with the post-apocalyptic cruise world after two weeks, Bart ignoring everyone's misery with no guilt and the family being blamed for his prank and dumped to die in Antarctica (which is topped with Marge physically hurting her son by hurling a giant snowball at the back of his head out of vengeful spite), even with that sort of heartwarming capper. It just became too Scullyish for my taste but is overall an decent episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Szyslak100 View Post
    You ruined a nice stat (it appeared in all lists)
    Tell you what... if Halloween of Horror remains on all lists before the submission cutoff deadline, I'll throw it back onto my list at Number 20 so the stat can live.

It's your list and you can do with it whatever you want. But I feel that the speculation and the strategy ruin the essence of the game. It's just my point of view, of course. And I say it when I love most of the 'benefited' episodes for left out Halloween of Horror.
    Fan of the Outstanding Animation Show of 2019.

Junior Camper

20. Gone Boy
    19. King Leer
    18. The Day the Earth Stood Cool
    17. Steal This Episode
    16. Bull-E
    15. MoneyBart
    14. Homer the Father
    13. There Will Be Buds
    12. Chief of Hearts
    11. Werking Mom
    10. Sky Police
    9. Woo-Hoo Dunnit?
    8. Postcards From the Wedge
    7. Holidays of Future Passed
    6. Barthood
    5. Brick Like Me
    4. The Book Job
    3. The Squirt and the Whale
    2. A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again
    1. Halloween of Horror

7. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Szyslak100

Looking at all the lists posted so far, I'm thoroughly surprised that 'Labor Pains' has only been in one of them. It was part of my recent rewatch and I found it to be just a really good, fun and a bit heartfelt story and deserve to be on any toplist. I'd say it's an overlooked gem.

I have mix feelings with Labor Pains. I absolutely love the main plot. It's tender, original, and everything worked fine. But Lisa's plot is really bad. If wasn't for B-plot, I'd give it a 5/5 and it would have serious chances to be in my list. But that was not the case.

I liked Lisa's plot about the cheerleaders just fine. It was nothing great but it worked for me and was a decent complement to the great main story (and it didn't hurt the episode to me). I don't think the episode makes it onto the top of my list but if it was still 30 it would likely be on it.

Hercules Rockefeller Homer Samson's Avatar

I think Labor Pains might be #31 on my list. I think the subplot is meh, but they barely used it. The main plot was really good in my opinion
    Best and Worst Episode per Season:
    1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Night Out 2: One Fish, Two Fish, Blowfish, Blue Fish/Bart's Dog Gets an 'F' 3: Bart the Murderer/Saturdays of Thunder 4: Homer the Heretic/So Its Come To This: A Simpsons Clip Show 5: Cape Feare/Lady Bouvier's Lover 6: Homie the Clown/Another Simpsons Clip Show 7: Raging Abe Simpson and his Grumbling Grandson in " The Curse of the Flying Hellfish"/Scenes From the Class Struggle in Springfield 8: The Springfield Files/The Old Man and the Lisa 9: The City of New York vs. Homer Simpson/Miracle on Evergreen Terrace 10: Mayored to the Mob/Homer Simpson in: Kidney Trouble 11: Grift of the Magi/Eight Misbehavin' 12: Trilogy of Error/I'm Goin' to Praiseland 13: The Blunder Years/The Lastest Gun in the West 14: Moe Baby Blues/The Strong Arms of the Ma 15: My Mother the Carjacker/Co-Dependent's Day 16: The Heartbroke Kid/Homer and Ned's Hail Mary Pass 17: The Seemingly Never-Ending Story/The Bonfire of the Manatees 18: The Mook, The Chef, The Wife, and Her Homer/The Boys of Bummer 19: Eternal Moonshine of the Simpson Mind/Husbands and Knives 20: Gone Maggie Gone/Lisa the Drama Queen 21: The Squirt and the Whale/The Greatest Story Ever D'ohed 22: Homer Scissorhands/The Fight Before Christmas 23: The Book Job/Lisa Goes Gaga 24: The Saga of Carl/Love is a Many-Splintered Thing 25: Brick Like Me/What to Expect When Bart's Expecting 26: Sky Police/The Musk Who Fell to Earth 27: Barthood/Every Man's Dream 28: 22 for 30/The Caper Chase 29: Flanders' Ladder/Singin' in the Lane 30: Woo-hoo Dunnit?/I Want You (She's So Heavy)

My list.

20. A Father's Watch
    19. Gone Maggie Gone
    18. How I Wet Your Mother
    17. Gal Of Constant Sorrow
    16. A Totally Fun Thing Bart Will Never Do Again
    15. Springfield Splendor
    14. King Leer
    13. The Book Job
    12. The Food Wife
    11. Eeny Teeny Maya Moe
    10. YOLO
    09. Flanders' Ladder
    08. Brick Like Me
    07. Steal This Episode
    06. Homer Goes To Prep School
    05. Every Man’s Dream (Im not kidding*)
    04. The Squirt And The Whale
    03. The Great Simpsina
    02. Holidays Of Future Passed
    01. Halloween Of Horror

*I know, i know, one of the most hated episodes of the whole series. I just think its neat they went as crazy as they did, they keep adding dreams after dreams and that doesnt make sense but I truly believe is funny episode that try to do something different, most of you believe it didnt land, but I loved it, I still do
    Soon Season 31

13. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Szyslak100

Quote Originally Posted by MDB View Post
    17. Gal of Constant Surrow
    10. YOLO
    Two nice choices for me. Both episodes are under-apreciated. I always liked YOLO. It has a touching story around Homer and it was correctly executed. Gal of Constant Surrow did a great work with its guest star and build a good story for her. Nice to see some recognize for those episodes.

Hercules Rockefeller Homer Samson's Avatar

Gal of Constant Sorrow was decent but Hettie's slurred speech annoyed me. YOLO is an episode I don't get the hate for, it has a great story, good emotion, and Eduardo is a great character. People seem to hate it just because it is named after a modern catchphrase

I love boobies! Financial Panther's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Nobody hates YOLO because of its title; it’s just not an interesting episode for most. I don’t think anyone hates it, though.
    Favorite and least favorite by season
    1. Krusty Gets Busted There’s No Disgrace Like Home 2. Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3. Homer at the Bat Like Father, Like Clown 4. Brother From the Same Planet Krusty Gets Kancelled 5. Cape Feare Lady Bouvier’s Lover 6. Homer Badman Another Simpsons Clip Show 7. King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8. Homer’s Enemy El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer 9. Bart Carny The Trouble With Trillions 10. Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: “Kidney Trouble” 11. Guess Who’s Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12. HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13. Tales From the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14. The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15. I, Annoyed Grunt)-bot Bart-Mangled Banner 16. A Star is Torn On a Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister 17. My Fair Laddy Bonfire of the Manatees 18. The Haw-Hawed Couple You Kent Always Say What You Want 19. Funeral for a Fiend All About Lisa 20. Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21. The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22. Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23. The Falcon and the D’ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24. Hardly Kirk-ing Moonshine River 25. The War of Art What to Expect When Bart’s Expecting 26. Sky Police Let’s Go Fly a Coot 27. Halloween of Horror Lisa With an ‘S’ 28. There Will Be Buds Moho House 29. Springfield Splendor Throw Grampa From the Dane

Quote Originally Posted by MDB View Post
    06. Homer Goes To Prep School
    05. Every Man’s Dream (Im not kidding*)
    *I know, i know, one of the most hated episodes of the whole series. I just think its neat they went as crazy as they did, they keep adding dreams after dreams and that doesnt make sense but I truly believe is funny episode that try to do something different, most of you believe it didnt land, but I loved it, I still do
    Nothing wrong with enjoying absurdist humor. You have one of the best examples of it from the modern era immediately preceding it in Homer Goes to Prep School. That episode is just plain dumb and silly in all the best ways.

Last edited by Brad Lascelle; 09-21-2019 at 12:11 PM.

18. Thumbs Up To This Post by: MDB

Finally, here is my list. These are some of the episodes I like to watch without skipping. Sure there are some episodes you boys and girls don't like and I'm sure someone will let me know.

20. Chief of Hearts
    19. To Surveil, with Love
    18. The Bob Next Door
    17. Homer Is Where the Art Isn't
    16. How I Wet Your Mother
    15. Simpsorama
    14. Puffless
    13. Barthood
    12. The Falcon and the D’ohman
    11. Them, Robots
    10. Thursdays With Abe
    9. Postcards from the Wedge
    8. The Squirt and the Whale
    7. The Book Job
    6. A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again
    5. Bart Stops and Smells the Roosevelts
    4. The Spy Who Learned Me
    3. The Marge-ian Chronicles
    2. Sky Police
    1. Once Upon a Time in Springfield
    Do you kids wanna be like the real U.N., or do you just wanna squabble and waste time?

20. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Szyslak100

Blog Entries

That is certainly a very interesting top choice, @Shoskin.

Quote Originally Posted by Financial Panther View Post
    That is certainly a very interesting top choice, @Shoskin.
    Anne Hathaway voice performance was excellent and she deserved the Emmy Award for her performance. The problem I found was putting these episodes in order; however, I have alway enjoyed this episode. Also, don't you think its actually nice to see Lisa act like a little girl?

Blog Entries

Yeah, it is always nice to see Lisa act her age. I think the episode is really forgettable, but it’s a nice part of it.

Thread Information