Thread: The Casagrandes

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Have Brain, Will Travel Wile E. the Brain's Avatar

The Casagrandes

Since we're getting so close of the airdate, I think it was the good moment for the spin-off of The Loud House about Ronnie Anne and her family to have its own thread. So here it is, The Casagrandes thread, where we can discuss about everything about it.

And if I create this thread right now, it's not only because we have another promo, but also because we have an official airdate, so make sure to check your agenda, it's for October 14. The plots of the two episodes that will be scheduled this day :

Going Overboard
    Ronnie Anne finds out her Tio Carlos was a famous skateboarder and she begs him to teach her some new moves.
    Walk, Don't Run
    Ronnie Anne and Sid start a dog-walking business to save up for a new skateboard in a plan that quickly gets out of hand.

don't quite cover all CousinMerl's Avatar

Well, we might as well have a separate thread instead of using The Loud House thread to talk about both (which would no doubt become sort of an confused mess so this is probably for the best). I was thinking of creating a thread but nice to see someone else took the initiative.

I saw the promo around an hour ago or so. We who saw the first episodes of The Loud House's fourth season have basically already seen the beginning of the show (it was like a bait and switch with those Casagrande episodes were repurposed for TLH to draw in more viewers) and I look forward to see where they will go from there. These first episodes sound decent. Hoping for good scheduling.

Well apparently, some sources said that the show will have a regular timeslot on Saturdays, beginning October 19. It took them long enough to realize that a regular timeslot is the best idea possible.

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

https://www.animationmagazine.net/tv...r-ally-brooke/

Fifth Harmony singer Ally Brooke is the singer of the Casagrandes theme song.
    Simpsons: 4 > 6 = 7 > 5 > 3 > 8 > 2 > 14 > 15 > 13 = 10 > 9 > 16 > 20 > 1 > 24 = 21 > 26 > 22 = 25 > 23 > 19 = 27 > 18 = 28 > 12 > 11 > 17 = 29

Family Guy: 4 > 3 > 2 > 1 > 5 = 6 > 15 > 16 > 10 > 14 > > 7 = 11 = 9 > 8 > 12 = 13

American Dad: 4 > 3 > 2 > 1 > 6 > 5 > 8 > 9 > 7 = 11 > 10 > 13 (so far) > 12

The Cleveland Show: 2 > 1 > 4 > 3

Futurama: 5 > 4 = 1 > 2 = 3 > 7 > 6

Rick and Morty: 2 > 1 > 3

Well it's definitely catchy, just as much as the theme song of the original show itself (and you can see the influence; like the colors or the background that builds himself).

The theme is a decent one, but there is maybe a little too much static in your face group posing in the intro (as oppoed to showing the main characters one after the other like the Loud House intro before showing them together).

Okay so they literally dropped the first episode of the spin-off on Nickelodeon YouTube channel. So if you want to see it, here it is :

I'll give my opinion on it in a bit.

So, I've seen Going Overboard, and what about the "first" episode of this spin-off (to me the official first remains Friended! but we already talked about it) ? By the way, I was surprised by the fact they dropped the episode on YouTube, but Disney also did it with shows like Amphibia, I forgot since I wasn't allow to watch it from my country, but if I remember well, it was always the day the show aired for the first time on TV. But anyway.

So, I thought Going Overboard was a pretty nice episode. Nothing astonishing, but pretty good. I liked the idea of Carlos being actually a famous skateboarder and Ronnie Anne asking him to teach her some tricks. One problem I have, though, is the fact they tried to put two stories in a single episode, with Frida having the opportunity to show her art at a hip gallery, and her art involving Carlos in some way. In fact, I like the idea itself, but with both of those ideas in the same episode, Carlos actually being a great skateboarder and teaching Ronnie Anne new moves felt pretty overlooked, and so we just see Ronnie Anne being now able to use those tricks instead of gradually learning how to make them.

That being said, I liked both of those stories and it's an interesting mix, I liked the focus on Carlos and learning something from his past was nice (funny to see someone as absent-minded when he reads a book as he is being a famous skateboarder), also the little shot with young Frida was nice. And the fact both of those stories joined together at the end allows the episode to have a pretty creative climax. Though the fact the owner of the gallery says something like "I feel like I know this man" is too much of a giveaway, that makes the ending very predictable; I don't know why they felt they had to add this line while it would've been better if we just saw him recognizing Carlos after the disaster, to give Frida another chance.

Ronnie Anne was a nice touch as well, she feels genuine all throughout the episode, wanting to learn new things about something she loves when she knows someone of her family is a master of it, and it was very nice from her to take Carlos' defense at the end. It also was a decently funny episode; among the things that made me laugh the most, there was Lalo and his make-up (the way he looks at Bobby with it on his face cracked me up), Rosa who have been working out, Carl thinking his father will turn into a bigfoot and hoping that will happen to him as well (to be finally disappointed by the fact he won't), and Hector all throughout the ending. Good episode to launch the spin-off.

I watched 'Going Overboard' as well shortly after you posted it and it was a decent and fairly episode (though 'Friended!' is still the official first to me as said). Also I'm really surprised it's not region blocked like with so many other full episodes the channels post on Youtube (at least not so far).

The story about Ronnie Anne discovering Carlos is a great skateboarder since his younger days and having to keep it a secret from Frida was a nice, simple one, though I have to agree that it did feel a bit cramped with two stories in just an regular 11 minute episode (like you said); they definitely overstuffed a bit and having the entire family involved didn't help (even though I like the characters just fine) and that the ending was a little predictable and convenient of an solution, but i still liked it and the art gallery stuff (with the ridiculous thing that Frida apparently created and had her husband jump around on).

I'm usually not a fan of these kind of plotlines where one or more character having to keep this one thing a secret from another and it feeling really forced (was thinking that Carlos just should have admitted it and convinced Frida it was fine and that nothing could change his mind, standing his ground) but it worked here and there were some nice gags (the stuff with Lalo the dog was nice for instance; I liked them disguising him as Carlos and having him sleep in the bed while the real one was out skating).

For a first actual episode of the show it wasn't bad at all and shows that it's very promising.

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

In 14 day from now, The Casagrandes is officially premiering on Nick.

I hate how a lot of the modern Nicktoons are strongly accused as a ripoff of an existing show. Criticism like that were the reason why Harvey Beaks and Welcome to the Wayne flopped. I'm sure this will be an improved Cleveland Show (coming from a MacFarlane defender, I didn't mind TCS until season 3 came).

Since the first episode aired at the start of this week I'll give my thoughts on the second segment of the two (as I've already covered 'Going Overboard' which was sneak previewed on YouTube).

'Walk, Don't Run' was a fun little episode and definitely better than the first one. Not as busy and a little smaller in scope but still an entertaining story. Nice plot of Ronnie Anne and Sid starting a dogwalking service (which grows more complex as they decide to walk more and more dogs) as means to get pocket money to buy what they want (Ronnie a new skateboard & Sid a new K-pop album) but getting trouble when the alley cat pack scares them off. It rolled along nicely with some amusing moments and nice nice gags (such as the dogs all having different personalities & Carl being a little sneak) & had an nice ending. A good one overall.

I've watched the newest couple of episodes and they were both good, better than the last two.

'New Haunts' was a pretty solid Halloween episode. Good stuff with Ronnie and Sid in their goofy halloween costumes (Bubblegum machine and lobster respectively) and how they never seem to get the Halloween night right (first going to a sixth grader party but not fitting in due to no one else having costumes, then going to a party at a park where they need costumes to get in yet having discared them right before) & a nice subplot with Bobby giving the shop some Halloween upgrades with help from Carl and CJ. It got an enjoyable Halloween story (Sid steals the show as usual), some good jokes (like the security guard and the rat and an nice musical ending.

'Croaked!' was a really good Dia de los Muertos episode. I enjoyed the focus on Sid's little sister Adelaide and how she misses her deceased pet frog (made me think of Lana Loud, her pet frog and love for animals), which prompts Ronnie and Sid to make her her own Dia de los Muertos altar for the pet. Entertaining stuff with them arranging things a bit too well and makes Adelaide think the frog will actually come back and then things get out of hand with her wishing for more dead folks she knows and admires to come back and them having to play along. it had heart, nice jokes (that end stinger with Carl's side story was priceless) and an nice ending with the photo.

You seen these and the previous episode 'Walk Don't Run', @Wile E. the Brain?

@CousinMerl, yes I did, but once again, lack of time and all of this, but now here I am to talk about them. So since I already talked about Going Overboard, let's see the three others.

Walk, Don't Run was a fun episode indeed. I don't know what to say else than what you said, I liked the plot of Ronnie Anne and Sid dogwalking for money in order to have a new skateboard for the former and a K-Pop album for the latter (gotta say I love seeing Sid so excited over her poster, it's both amusing and cute, like the "Isn't he dreamy ?" part), all of the dogs provides some good entertainment (how can this small chihuahua eat an alarm clock that is the size of its head ?), Carl is really funny too (the office jokes cracked me up, excellent execution). I also like the straightforward side of the plot, with the dogs getting lost at about half the episode and the girls finding them one by one. Very solid episode.

New Haunts was another very good one and does a good job to get into the Halloween mood (but not in a horror way aha). Seeing Ronnie Anne and Sid struggling to get into an Halloween party (whatever at which one they decide to go) was funny but also a bit touching regarding the fact the girls just wanted to have fun in a party. I just love how hilariously silly Sid looks in that lobster costume by the way (and her getting "her" tail stuck into the elevator was another funny touch). Most of the jokes during the second party worked a lot too, especially the rat who can stay at the party (and the fistbump with the security guard). The subplot was enjoyable as well and all leads up to a great final scene a la Thriller, with nice colors and dance moves from the kids. I really liked how understanding Bobby is to Ronnie Anne, when she decides to go to a party with friends at first and when she comes back disappointed by her night.

And Croaked was kinda great, so far my favorite. Doing a Dia de los Muertos episode in a kid show can be difficult but this one worked so well and one thing that I want to highlight is the fact they explain what makes this day more than a "Mexican Halloween" and the fact it has nothing to do with Halloween, it's nice to see this show wanting to make the kids knowing than both of those holidays are completely different (and also regarding people who considers Coco a Halloween movie; it really shows that Lalo Alcaraz worked on this Pixar movie since he clearly understands the topic). The plot itself was top notch, with Sid trying to cheer up her sister after the death of her frog, and the misunderstanding of what the Day of the Dead is all about. It also has some entertaining moments (Carl of course, the last scene was delightful, though I wonder how Carl did to go that far considering the distance between those places) and a very heartfelt ending, I couldn't help but smile a lot in front of this.

@Wile E. the Brain, it's interesting how you bring up Coco since this episode made me think of that too (I also read Alcaraz worked on that film); one moment that definitely brought my mind to it was when Carl made an ignorantly sarcastic comment and Rosa took off her shoe to threaten hitting him with it (it made me think of the grandmother in the film who was quick to take off a sandal for a beating).

And yeah, everything with Sid in the goofy lobster costume was great. The walk cycle animation was funny and the squeaky noise it made was icing on the cake.

What are your thoughts on this show and the episodes so far, @John95? (I'm assuming you've seen at least a few of them).

Just like the two last episodes of The Loud House that came out this saturday, I'll talk about the two new episodes of The Casagrandes in a short while, but meanwhile, there are the plots for the next episodes :

Snack Pact (11/9)
    The family discovers an amazing tamale cart and tries to keep it a secret from Abuela.
    The Horror-Scope (11/9)
    Ronnie Anne doesn’t believe in an astrological prediction that "love will find her," until it seems to come true.
    Arr in the Family (11/16)
    Ronnie Anne is determined to help CJ get on stage at a pirate dinner show.
    Finders Weepers (11/16)
    Ronnie Anne and Sid have to decide whether they should borrow money from a lost coin purse they found in the mercado.
    A bunch of promising episodes, I look forward for them, especially Arr in the Family and The Horror-Scope, especially since the promo for the next episodes was showing that Lincoln will appear in one of them and I think it's safe to say that it will be in The Horror-Scope. Guys, just make Ronniecoln canon already, it's now or never !

@Wile E. the Brain, all of those announced episodes sound promising to some degree, though I find that 'The Horror Scope' sounds like the most interesting one (especially if Lincoln turns out to be involved somehow), followed by 'Arr In The Family' as it's nice to get a CJ-centric episode.

As for when it comes to Ronnie x Lincoln I too sorta think they should go for it as they have built it up before and all, but I'd honestly be fine if they kept them as just friends as I feel it's worked out well so far (also, if they were to become an offical couple it would be a little weird with how Bobby and Lori are together and due to the family relations; if both sides would marry it'd get even weirder).

Anyways, on to the latest couple of episode that I caught now. Unmarked spoilers as usual.

'The Two Of Clubs' was a very nice one overall, very reminiscent of the 'Racing Hearts' episode of 'The Loud House' but in some ways done a little better. The plot with Ronnie and Sid trying out various after-school activities together to not miss out on their "hang time" but only one of them being a good fit for each one and never seem find one activity that fits both was simple and straightforward like it needed; it's just an enjoyable friendship episode about the two of them (with almost no involvement of the rest of the main cast). It had some good gags (like the luchador and robot scenes, Sid crying squid ink after the cooking club squid incident & Mr. Chang getting upset over that the school close down the model train club, stopping his subway train to a grinding halt and storming out to walk it off, even announcing it on the intercom before doing so) and some heart (that scene with them lying in their beds and looking at pictures of their day at the activities was sweet). Good ending with them finding a middle ground by tying together their preferred activities (luchador wrestling and robotics) into a Robot Wars-styled fighting club. I liked this one a lot.

'Vacation Daze' was good too but not as much, as the premise felt a little more familiar like I've seen this plot often before (now with Ronnie looking forward to spending an off day with her mother Maria but the latter gets busy with everyone turning to her for help, ends up tired which makes the day go out the window), though it was still decent. Good with more screentime for the underused Maria (whom needs to be on the show more), a bunch of good gags about her having to help the family (like Bobby crying about his splinter, Frida taking time with her painting & Carlota wanting to set her aunt up with a new man). I liked Ronnie trying to speed things up (I didn't feel she was selfish as she really had been looking forward to this day) and the chase scene after Ronnie and Maria got separated and them trying to catch up was fun (and I liked the electronic music) & the ending with them coming to an understanding and a promise of hanging out the next time (and Ronnie following Maria to the hospital) was nice; now I hope for a "take your child to work" episode with the two. It was a fine episode even with the clichéd premise.

Additionally, regarding the show overall, I have to say that I actually sort of feel it rivals the down to earth aspect of 'The Loud House' and at least partially doesn't feel as exaggerated and even less mean-spirited of sorts, if that makes any sense.
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 11-09-2019 at 06:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CousinMerl View Post
    As for when it comes to Ronnie x Lincoln I too sorta think they should go for it as they have built it up before and all, but I'd honestly be fine if they kept them as just friends as I feel it's worked out well so far (also, if they were to become an offical couple it would be a little weird with how Bobby and Lori are together and due to the family relations; if both sides would marry it'd get even weirder).
    Yeah, despite what I say, somehow I'd be fine with it if they keep them as friends too, but considering that this is something they built up since a long time, I think it's time for them to at least conclude that aspect of their relationship, and in my heart, I hope it will be an official couple even if it's just suggested. Only some hours to finally have our answers (or more for those of us who will watch it when it'll show up online).

Anyway, just like last week episodes of The Loud House, I agree with you overall regarding The Two of Clubs and Vacation Daze.

The Two of Clubs was a very nice episode revolving around Ronnie Anne and Sid trying to find an after-school activity that both of us can enjoy, in order to spend as time together as possible. We were a lot to think about Racing Hearts, myself included, and I think the idea was well handled, and this episode is both funny and heartwarming. I definitely enjoy the chemistry between Ronnie Anne and Sid a lot, it has some clever ideas in the execution (like the two kids at lucha libre club being overly agressive during the activity but very nice outside), the jokes worked well (Sid being distracted by the butterfly, I also loved her faces when she tried to be agressive), some other characters provide good entertainment like Mrs. Kernicky splitting her legs and being unable to get up afterwards (don't know why but she makes me think of Dr. Wakeman in My Life as a Teenage Robot, in both her design and her voice) and I think the runtime was well filled. The last moments with Ronnie Anne and Sid looking at the photos they took during their activities (I wonder when though, it wasn't shown when they actually have fun together during these activities) were a lot sweet and even if the ending is a bit too "all's well that ends well", it's not that much of an issue, it's a very nice conclusion for what is a very nice episode overall.

Vacation Daze was decent but less good than its sister episode and also a bit disappointing because of how much an episode centered about Ronnie Anne and her mother Maria felt long overdue. So I'm glad the later is allowed to have more time onscreen and being the main interest of the episode, but even if I like the plot about Ronnie Anne wanting to bond with her mother as much as she can during her day off, I didn't care that much of the execution. I don't say it wasn't entertaining but it could have been better, the intervention of the other Casagrandes didn't feel that much necessary for some of them (Bobby I get it and it's also pretty funny, but some of them like Carl or Carlota felt like they could've been not included on the script, I mean for example, Carl could've ask his own mother to get off the train that is stuck to him; also, the part with Ronnie Anne's father was dark, wasn't it ?), but for the most part it remains pretty enjoyable, the last part with Ronnie Anne and Maria being seperated was probably the highlight with some funny moments like the two Ronnie Anne and Maria's male lookalike (that was predictable but what made the cake for me was the first lookalike saying that the same thing happened to him, next to the second one) or the pigeon being addicted to coffee and appearing on the map like a pinball ball. The ending was pretty sweet with Ronnie Anne letting her mother take a nap (and Sergio's "It's a living" was amusing) and the latter allowing her daughter to go with her at work, which like you said can be an interesting premise for an episode. Decent episode overall.

Just like the new Loud House episodes, I wanted to talk about the Casagrandes episodes of this week right now.

Snack Pact was a very fun episode revolving around the family trying to get some tamales from a cart while trying to keep it a secret from Rosa which apparently is very severe if someone eats something else than her plates. Seeing the whole family in this situation was such a blast to watch, the episode is filled with funny jokes and knows how to keep some suspense in it by involving Sergio, which doesn't think twice before blackmailing the family to get everything he wants. Also, nice reveal at the end with the tamale cart using one of Rosa's recipes, which I didn't see coming, and it's coherent considering that the whole family loves Rosa's cooking. I really liked some over the top moments like Maria and Carlota's imagine spots when they tried the tamale, or the family fighting against Sergio and his marshmallow gun, and also, Sergio got what he deserved at the end so it's satisfying (seeing him blackmailing the family is something that I can see coming from him by the way). Entertaining and enjoyable overall. However, is it me or Hector acts more stupid as the episodes go ?

The Horror-Scope was a very anticipated episode by the fanbase (sometimes being very crazy about it) and at the end it was very good. The idea of Ronnie Anne having a prediction saying that "love will find her" the same day Lincoln comes to visit her was too good to ignore it. I said before that I expected in my heart that it will be the time to make them a couple, but by looking how the episode began, I knew that it wouldn't happen (yet ?) here, but that doesn't mean that I'm disappointed, of course I'm not. Despite the predictable side of the plot, I believe this one has a pretty ingenious way to show Ronnie Anne's insecurities about her relationship with Lincoln and I do think that all of this has added something to her and their relationship. Lincoln saying how much he missed hanging out with Ronnie Anne, Lincoln still having the egg they took care of in Shell Shock and wanting to show her his magic skills, and Ronnie Anne trying everything she can to avoid the subject she's afraid of because she thinks that it will ruin their friendship, not to mention the hug. I still think the writers like to keep us on our toes regarding their relationship, and I'm pretty sure that it will have a proper conclusion sometime in the future, and as for the episode is, I don't think it was useless, but added something to the characters. It's also a funny episode, especially with Sid and Rosa's involvement (we need a full episode with Lincoln, Ronnie Anne and Sid by the way). I'm not sure the episode absolutely needed to wrap up everything about the predictions of the show Rosa watches, with the lovebird and everything (but that's maybe because I'm not an astrological prediction guy), but that's still a very nice episode overall.

So far I enjoy this spin-off, and I think it has the potential to be a bit different of the main show while some of the first episodes almost could've been made with the main characters of The Loud House, but as the season goes, it has a bit of a more cartoonish side and attention to dynamics between characters that can adds something more to it, among other elements.

I've also seen the two latest episodes today so I'll post my thoughts as usual. I was thinking that I'd probably be the first like last time but nice to see you pop in rather early with your take on the episodes and I more or less agree about your thoughts. Anyways here's my opinions:

'Snack Pact' was maybe not one of my favorite Casagrandes episodes but it was still an all good and fun one. The story with the family getting obsessed with the tamale cart and desperately trying to hide that from Rosa whom they fear would cut them off from her food for the forseeable future if she found out was a nice one and they got a lot of funny gags and moments out of all that. It was surprising to give Sergio such a big role but I liked his antagonistic part with blackmailing them and forcing them to be his servants as a way to buy his silence to not tell Rosa about their cart-made tamale love; there were some humorous moments there (the marshmallow gun stuff was silly but great) and I liked that he got his comeuppance in the end. I would say that the plot twist about the origin of the tamales made at the cart was a little predictable (I guessed it correctly around halfway in when the cart was seen outside the bodega) but it didn't matter since it was still a well told story and an enjoyable episode (and I would agree that they made Hector pretty dumb here, but I don't think it means they will dumb him down even further).

'The Horror-Scope' was definitely an episode I too had anticipated and for me it didn't disappoint; this was a very good one. Really liked the plot about the horoscope prediction show with the larger than life host and the "love will find her" prediction being the basis of Ronnie Annes fear of having Lincoln admitting he loves her as he comes over for a visit and seem to want to show something special, with her not wanting their friendship shattered. It was really nice to see Lincoln on the show and I really liked his involvement in the plot, innocent as it was and contrasting Ronnie acting all off and weird (and it was sweet how they brought back the egg baby from Season 2's 'Shell Shock' and had Lincoln carry it around). There was a lot of good stuff her doing everything she can to prevent him to do what she's thinking & I did like seeing Lincoln & Sid meet (I wished they had more scenes but I understood that this wasn't the right time) and the latter's subplot about the runaway parrot was fun (and nicely tied into the main story in the end with the reveal about the love prediction). The reveal of Lincoln's real intent was nice too and that also tied in with previous Loud episodes. I'm not upset they didn't make Ronniecoln official (as I like them as friends), but am open for them getting to that eventually (or maybe they have something else in mind and goes for something like Lincoln x Sid? Who knows?). Anyhow, solid episode.

And I agree with the last thing you said (it started out kinda so-so but has already growin into something quite good and interesting, enough to set it apart from it's parent show). I haven't seen the new Loud episodes yet but will get to that soon enough so expect to see my thoughts on those in that thread.

I was thinking a little on the topic of the Ronnie Anne & Lincoln pairing and how Lincoln & Sid would be like if the former doesn't work out (which certainly would be a problem if Lori and Bobby got married, as mentioned earlier).

What do you think of the idea of Sidcoln, @Wile E. the Brain? I think I'd actually support it if the production crew went with it.

Quote Originally Posted by CousinMerl View Post
    What do you think of the idea of Sidcoln, @Wile E. the Brain? I think I'd actually support it if the production crew went with it.
    Well, I'm not against it. But if they went with it, they need to build it up. I mean, Lincoln and Ronnie Anne's relationship is something that has been build up since a long time, so making a couple out of Lincoln and Sid just like that for the sake of it, that would probably be a slap in the face. But if they build it up enough to make them looking like a nice couple and making clear that Ronnie Anne don't mind it, then I'd have nothing against the idea.

And here's my thoughts about the two new episodes.

Arrr in the Family is an ejoyable episode revolving around CJ's passion for pirate stuff that reaches the peak when the family goes to a pirate dinner show, with CJ's dream of being chosen to raise the pirate flag on stage. I liked how the whole family is used in this episode, pretty much each of them adds something nice to the story or the humor and it really looks like a big family filled with different personalities coming at a dinner show. Ronnie Anne trying to help CJ to get on stage is nice, it's great to see an episode revolving around their relationship. And it's also very entertaining, with the pirate dinner show getting a bit crazy with the battle between CJ and another boy to raise the flag. As soon as Carlos started to look like a pirate, I thought he would be the one chosen to raise the flag but they did find another way to use him, which was good and entertaining as well. The episode provides some very good jokes (Sergio is still a lot fun, also, if he eats chicken, is he technically a cannibal ? It's funny considering that he called Lynn Sr.'s food a "triple homicide" in The Loudest Thanksgiving) and has a nice resolution with the other kid revealing to be not as unidimensional as he looked like (but still getting what he rightfully deserved).

Finders Weepers on the other hand was decent. The plot itself with Ronnie Anne and Sid finding a lost purse with a hundred dollar bill in it isn't so bad but I must admit that I didn't really care of their story and their dilemma for the most part. Actually, when the dilemma starts, it becomes quite repetitive and a bit boring, even with some great parts like most of Sid's jokes (especially her seeing the K-Pop store and being overly excited through her pinkie finger), or Sergio in the train which is hilarious to me. Though I did like they decided to go with the "reality ensues" kind of story, with Ronnie Anne and Sid being unable to collect 100$ in two hours, which I appreciated, and they got a fair and deserved punishment too. But this part was mostly OK. I especially liked the little subplot with Carl and Bobby making a bet about the latter restituating all the things in the lost and found box to their rightful owner. Both of the boys are very funny in this subplot (Carl reminding Bobby that Vito didn't pay for his groceries) and I really liked the return of Bobby's more silly side which is charming (especially at the end when he doesn't get that the sweatshirt is his and believes that it belongs to another Bobby; talking about that, that twist is hilarious, though I wonder if Carl knew that it was Bobby's sweatshirt all along, because he looked a lot frustrated each time Bobby restituated something). I don't know why but Bobby at the beginning made me think of SpongeBob, considering how creative and silly he is when doing tasks at the mercado such as putting labels on products.
    Last edited by Wile E. the Brain; 11-17-2019 at 05:37 AM.

My turn to give opinions on the last two episodes (that seem to be the last ones with a set airdate thus far); I decided not to be in a rush with these ones. @Wile E. the Brain, here our opinions are somewhat similar to a point, as I partially disagree. On to my view on them:

'Arrr In The Family' was a really enjoyable one. The plot of CJ wanting to go to this pirate dinner show with his dream to raise the flag and Ronnie Anne helping him was a nice one (perfect CJ centric plot). Lots of good jokes with the family coming along and having their little moments (like Carlos having accidents and ends up looking like a pirate; I too thought he was going to be picked but the way they went with that plot thread was even better. As for Sergio eating that chicken you are right, it would be cannibalism). The conflict between CJ and this jerk kid (Ralphie) and Ronnie Anne standing up for her cousin was enjoyable; the climax with the swordfighting and CJ besting Ralphie (yet extending a hand) & getting his wish was good. I liked that Ralphie apologized to CJ in the end but still, he definitely deserved that comeuppance by that girl whose birthday hat he stole and claimed it was his own (I'm surprised that Ronnie didn't bring her up on stage to the show host; I though the girl was gonna get ignored completely so good that they acknowledged her in the end).

'Finders Weeper' I though was just gonna be alright but I really enjoyed it. Good and relatable story with Ronnie and Sid finding the lost purse with $100 and, while waiting for the owner to call them, gradually lending from the money to various on-the-spot things and ending up spending it all; unlike you I was pretty into this plot and it was pretty fun and enjoyable with many good gags (everything with Sid was gold) and uses of the secondary characters like Miranda (those hilarious fly gags; that second one was really WTF and made me do a double take) and there's a good message about patience and not taking things that aren't yours (them owing up to their mistake was good; Reality Ensues indeed), still, I can see why you found the story repetitive and boring. The subplot about Bobby making a bet with Carl to get rid of the entire overfull 'Lost & Found' box of items in one day was fun with some good jokes & had an funny end twist; it really helped making this my favorite of these two episodes (sorry, as much as I liked the CJ episode I think there was more to this one).

This show is so good, almost as good as 'The Loud House', and I've really quickly gotten into it. I hope they will announce some new airdates soon because I want more. By the way, I've noticed how most, if not all, the episodes so far all have Ronnie in an central role so maybe in a while (or next season) we'll be seeing more episodes with her in a small or even non-existent role (like with Lincoln on TLH)? Thoughts?

By the way, the show better have more episodes with Sid in the future. She steals every scene; easily my favorite supporting character. Who's your favorite?
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 11-21-2019 at 04:46 AM.

@CousinMerl, once again you don't have to be sorry, you have the right to prefer an episode to another, and I still liked Finders Weepers. Like you said, Sid brings with her a number of funny moments. I still think the plot can be quite boring at times but you know, my silly opinion.

The second fly gag also took me off guard, I think this is one of these jokes that marks some difference between the original show and the spin-off which can be more cartoonish at times (like Sergio having his beak falling off a la Daffy Duck in The Horror-Scope).

Yeah that also could be nice to do the same as The Loud House by bringing the characters other than Ronnie Anne more in the spotlight to have their own plot, there's potential with these characters after all.

And like I said earlier I also love the heck out of Sid, the kind of silly, energetic, overly nice character that I enjoy a lot and she's so hilarious overall. She also deserves her own plot (with Ronnie Anne as a support).

Thread Information