Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Will Apu be getting any more speaking roles?

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Hercules Rockefeller Homer Samson's Avatar

Will Apu be getting any more speaking roles?

Apparently someone at D23 said that Apu won't be written out of the show, but I don't really think it means much. Apu was never written out, but he hasn't spoken since the Season 29 premiere. Do you think be will get any more speaking roles in the future?

Junior Camper

I hope so, but I doubt it. I find it very odd that they made such a point of criticising 'The Problem With Apu' in 'No Good Read Goes Unpunished', and yet still gave into pressure and (semi) retired the character anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by J.J.Watts View Post
    I hope so, but I doubt it. I find it very odd that they made such a point of criticising 'The Problem With Apu' in 'No Good Read Goes Unpunished', and yet still gave into pressure and (semi) retired the character anyway.
    What angered me about that episode is there was a gag with a non-speaking Apu later in the episode
    Best and Worst Episode per Season:
    1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Night Out 2: One Fish, Two Fish, Blowfish, Blue Fish/Bart's Dog Gets an 'F' 3: Bart the Murderer/Saturdays of Thunder 4: Homer the Heretic/So Its Come To This: A Simpsons Clip Show 5: Cape Feare/Lady Bouvier's Lover 6: Homie the Clown/Another Simpsons Clip Show 7: Raging Abe Simpson and his Grumbling Grandson in " The Curse of the Flying Hellfish"/Scenes From the Class Struggle in Springfield 8: The Springfield Files/The Old Man and the Lisa 9: The City of New York vs. Homer Simpson/Miracle on Evergreen Terrace 10: Mayored to the Mob/Homer Simpson in: Kidney Trouble 11: Grift of the Magi/Eight Misbehavin' 12: Trilogy of Error/I'm Goin' to Praiseland 13: The Blunder Years/The Lastest Gun in the West 14: Moe Baby Blues/The Strong Arms of the Ma 15: My Mother the Carjacker/Co-Dependent's Day 16: The Heartbroke Kid/Homer and Ned's Hail Mary Pass 17: The Seemingly Never-Ending Story/The Bonfire of the Manatees 18: The Mook, The Chef, The Wife, and Her Homer/The Boys of Bummer 19: Eternal Moonshine of the Simpson Mind/Husbands and Knives 20: Gone Maggie Gone/Lisa the Drama Queen 21: The Squirt and the Whale/The Greatest Story Ever D'ohed 22: Homer Scissorhands/The Fight Before Christmas 23: The Book Job/Lisa Goes Gaga 24: The Saga of Carl/Love is a Many-Splintered Thing 25: Brick Like Me/What to Expect When Bart's Expecting 26: Sky Police/The Musk Who Fell to Earth 27: Barthood/Every Man's Dream 28: 22 for 30/The Caper Chase 29: Flanders' Ladder/Singin' in the Lane 30: Woo-hoo Dunnit?/I Want You (She's So Heavy)

withered gas station rose Bart's treehouse's Avatar

I say bring him back it’s mostly people that like Steven Universe that hate his character and they’re all idiots

5. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Sam, Tromboon

Quote Originally Posted by Bart's treehouse View Post
    I say bring him back it’s mostly people that like Steven Universe that hate his character and they’re all idiots
    I hate the Steven Universe fanbase as well.

But seriously, we already know you hate the SU fanbase

Non-Simpsons scare me. Road Rage's Avatar

@Monsterland Buddies What do you think of Apu?

Non-Simpsons scare me. Road Rage's Avatar

Wait, why is my buddy banned this time?

9. Thumbs Up To This Post by: cam

Blog Entries

lol
    Fuck Donald Trump. #NotMyPresident

Apu will reopen the Kwik-E-Mart as a high end coffee shop.

He will now be a barista, and speak with no accent, revealing that his accent was always fake, and put on to fit with the Kwik-E-Mart customers’ expectations.

Another character may bring up all the times this was shown not be true, and will quickly be hushed up and/or ignored. No one will mention it again
    "Don't waste your moments in life, you never know when you'll stop waking up." MARYAM ZAREI
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I'm a writer, I use people for what I write...let the world beware." CATHERINE TRAMELL

Quote Originally Posted by Bart's treehouse View Post
    Can somebody enlighten me of what the Steven Universe fanbase is like? I could google it but really don't feel like going down that rabbit hole
    Are they like the MLP fanbase?

Siiiigh it’s a long story buuut

You know what happened. My love for this show and my obsession with Pink Pearl both lead to my downfall on Reddit. Plus most of the cyberbullies are SUtards. Let me explain what an SUtard is. SUtards claim that they are the true fans of Steven Universe, but in reality they are just idiotic fans who only tolerate hate, intolerance and bigotry against other fans even though the show itself does the exact opposite. These people also claimed that I was the one who brought out their behaviour because of my behaviour, and while they may have a point, it is an incredibly stupid thing to say. They brought out their own behaviour, not me. Everyone is in charge of themselves. They should have kept it in and instead should have tried to reason with me, but with the Steven Universe fandom being the worst fandom of all time (at least I think it is), you cannot trust anyone. Except for your friends or people who are actually nice. I cannot believe these people upvoted the cyberbullies and downvoted me. Absolutely disgusting. Well, so much for love and acceptance.

Anyways, I know fandoms do not count as bad qualities for a series, but damn, this fandom is just horrible. It is filled with haters. You can find no happiness in this god awful cesspool of a fandom. I have my issues with the show though, not just the fandom. However, these people also probably don’t know that bullying isn’t criticism. This fandom is also one of the most dangerous fandoms on the Internet. Why? Well, the Reddit incident should tell you everything you need to know. I legitimately thought this fandom couldn’t get any worse, until what happened on Reddit.

Remember how I said last time the fan artist behind the White Steven AU comic, Chekhov, was indirectly responsible for all of this? Well, those god damn shorts have not been removed and the reformation still hasn’t been scrapped, but above all, Chekhov is still f###ing with me with those shorts! I asked you all to go to that Tumblr page to tell Chekhov of the incident she indirectly caused and that she should remove Pink Pearl’s shorts and scrap her reformation. But it still hasn’t been done. Yes, I’m calling her a she because despite her calling herself “agender”, she was born female and science proves that no matter what she identifies as, she is still female because she still has her chromosomes she was born with. Also, fun fact: I never knew of the LGBT community’s existence until last year. Because of my religious beliefs (I follow one of the three Abrahamic faiths), it is taking me a long time to get used to the LGBT community’s existence and it is really hard as well. The fact that I was attacked by a pro-queer fandom (some of the fans themselves were in fact queer) doesn’t help matters at all, and it pushed my tolerance further back. Thankfully, with me leaving Reddit permanently, getting used to the LGBT community should now be much easier. Back to the subject, I ask you all, kindly, to go to Chekhov’s Tumblr page (which is this: https://ask-whitepearl-and-steven.tumblr.com/) and tell her of the Reddit incident she indirectly caused, and that she should remove the shorts and scrap the reformation of Pink Pearl. I promise all of you that this will be the only time I will interfere with a fan artist’s work. I swear it. After that, I will not do anything like this ever again. A religious man always keeps his promises, you know.

But what about Steven Universe? Am I going to turn into a hater and bash the show over and over again? No. I’m still excited for the movie, which comes out on September 2nd, but after the movie, I’m not even sure I’ll watch anymore of the show. I hope I do end up watching the show, but I am not entirely sure. Well, whatever happens next, I’m still watching the movie. Then I’m rewriting the entire movie as a chapter of my Deviantart fanfiction, Kirby's Bizarre Adventures. This is my Deviantart account in case you want to read it for yourself: https://www.deviantart.com/monsterlandbuddies

The first chapter is called The Nightmare Begins. Just letting you know. Anyways, see you soon...

14. Thumbs Up To This Post by: comeau, owo, Sam

I feel like you fell out of a time warp from 1973 if you are just now discovering the existence of the LGBT community. Also don't hide behind religion as an excuse for your ignorance and intolerance. If someone identifies as agender please respect that and don't insist they're really female. It does no harm to use their preferred pronouns and respect their existence. You should not harass someone over their artwork either. Would you like it if someone constantly pressured you to write your fanfics a certain way, than when you refused, try to rally other people on the internet to make you change your fanfics? Of course not. Part of being in a fandom means having the freedom to create art and stories that while not Canon are a reflection of your ideas and feelings toward said fandom.
    Pokemon Moon Friend Code 5473-2104-2310
    Looking for shiny, legendary, and mythical. Got shiny Sandshrew (Alola)
    Have various starters, zorua, can breed many pokemon.
    Current egg move hatching: Tyrunt with fire fang

Junior Camper

I think you might be a little tooo obsessed with the 'Steven Universe' fandom, seen as you've been shoehorning disparaging comments about them in almost every thread, despite its irrelevance to the topics. I have heard they have a bad reputation, but then so does 'Rick & Morty' and 'MLP', and even some factions of 'The Simpsons' fanbase, they're not a reflection of all fans or of the show, and definately should not be considered a representation of the LGBT community. I must admit I'm quite shocked you only discovered the existence of queer people a year ago, and will assume you'd been living on Mars. Anyway, I don't know or care to know anything about this Chekhov or their Tumblr. There's a 'Steven Universe' thread where you can rant about this to your heart's content.

Quote Originally Posted by Elf Girl View Post
    Apu will reopen the Kwik-E-Mart as a high end coffee shop.

He will now be a barista, and speak with no accent, revealing that his accent was always fake, and put on to fit with the Kwik-E-Mart customers’ expectations.

Another character may bring up all the times this was shown not be true, and will quickly be hushed up and/or ignored. No one will mention it again
    Wouldn't that kind of make him a phony?
    You ladies are without a doubt the most sorrowful clique at the dance. Not one of you fit to guard a Russian rock band.

However, your checks have cleared, so you all graduate.

Ok I just have two questions: 1. How old are you? 2. Where are you from?

Listen when I was young, I was stupid and didn't like the idea of homosexuals until I carpooled to college with a guy who I went to high school with. He was a religious bigot who reminds me of Pence. My tolerance for him about the ideas of a Plan Parenthood Building could be blown up and the religious radio station he forced me to listen to just made me think that this guy sucks. I have a coworker who had a daughter who went to school in Montana and had friends she invited to the Bay Area and San Francisco. Basically she told her, "I can't go there, I might get "The AIDS."

I have no problem with you being religious. I believe in God. But I've always gone with the idea if it is a sin, let God deal with it. Trust me there are more LGBT around than you know. They aren't going to convert you, give you a disease or do whatever stupid ideas you hear of from bigots. Plus whatever you do don't be one of those assholes that quote scripture. I'm not saying go hang out with them or go to a Pride March, just be accepting.

Also a little advice from Mark Twain, “It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt.”

Junior Camper

Quote Originally Posted by Shoskin View Post
    Also a little advice from Mark Twain, “It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt.”
    Takes one to know one! (swish!)

Blog Entries

Guys.

He’s copying a post from Monsterland Buddies. He doesn’t actually care about the show.
    Favorite and least favorite by season
    1. Krusty Gets Busted There’s No Disgrace Like Home 2. Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3. Homer at the Bat Like Father, Like Clown 4. Brother From the Same Planet Krusty Gets Kancelled 5. Cape Feare Lady Bouvier’s Lover 6. Homer Badman Another Simpsons Clip Show 7. King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8. Homer’s Enemy El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer 9. Bart Carny The Trouble With Trillions 10. Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: “Kidney Trouble” 11. Guess Who’s Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12. HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13. Tales From the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14. The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15. I, Annoyed Grunt)-bot Bart-Mangled Banner 16. A Star is Torn On a Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister 17. My Fair Laddy Bonfire of the Manatees 18. The Haw-Hawed Couple You Kent Always Say What You Want 19. Funeral for a Fiend All About Lisa 20. Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21. The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22. Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23. The Falcon and the D’ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24. Hardly Kirk-ing Moonshine River 25. The War of Art What to Expect When Bart’s Expecting 26. Sky Police Let’s Go Fly a Coot 27. Halloween of Horror Lisa With an ‘S’ 28. There Will Be Buds Moho House 29. Springfield Splendor Throw Grampa From the Dane

Takes one to know one! (swish!)
    What do you mean? When ever have I said anything against the LGBT? Or anyone for that matter?

Let me answer you. Never. Three point at buzzer, off the backboard and it goes in. I win.

Junior Camper

Quote Originally Posted by Shoskin View Post
    What do you mean? When ever have I said anything against the LGBT? Or anyone for that matter?

Let me answer you. Never. Three point at buzzer, off the backboard and it goes in. I win.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtJsqfrn8PU

You never answer my question. But thanks for the clip, one of my favorite episodes.

Okay can we just talk about Apu on this thread?

Maybe they can pull a Principal and the Pauper and reveal that Apu never was an Indian immigrant and faked his accent.

26. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Shoskin

Junior Camper

Quote Originally Posted by Rover Hendrix View Post
    Maybe they can pull a Principal and the Pauper and reveal that Apu never was an Indian immigrant and faked his accent.
    As long as, at some point, they refer to his entire character up to that point as a "reign of terror".

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Samson View Post
    Okay can we just talk about Apu on this thread?
    Steven Universe is a poo show for idiots

29. Thumbs Up To This Post by: comeau

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kwijibo View Post
    We get it! You hate Steven Universe!

Will you stop going on about it?

Banned

As much as I love to have Apu in the show again, I doubt he would get any speaking parts.

He might only appear in non-speaking background roles unless the producers are hiring an Indian actor to play him.

As much as I love to have Apu in the show again, I doubt he would get any speaking parts.

He might only appear in non-speaking background roles unless the producers are hiring an Indian actor to play him.
    Hiring an Indian actor should be easy as long as they don't hire anybody that was in TPWA

33. Thumbs Up To This Post by: kwijibo

Banned

Hiring an Indian actor should be easy as long as they don't hire anybody that was in TPWA
    What's TPWA?

What's TPWA?
    The Problem With Apu

Banned

The Problem With Apu
    Oh... that documentary was fucking atrocious!

Thread Information