Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: NHC Worst 50 Episodes - 30th Anniversary Edition!

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Junior Camper

Whenever I see an episode from before season 10 on somebody's list my mind boggles tbh. I could make a top worst 100 before having to put in any episodes from seasons 1-9.

2. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Kangdos

30. Dangerous Curves
    29. The Serfsons
    28. Lisa Gets the Blues
    27. Every Man's Dream
    26. Papa Don't Leech
    25. Helter Shelter
    24. Kamp Krustier
    23. Lisa With an 'S'
    22. Beyond Blunderdome
    21. Brother's Little Helper
    20. Viva Ned Flanders
    19. The Greatest Story Ever D'ohed
    18. The Man Who Grew Too Much
    17. Simprovised
    16. Sunday, Cruddy Sunday
    15. Maximum Homerdrive
    14. Homer Simpson in: "Kidney Trouble"
    13. The Man Who Came to Be Dinner
    12. Days of Future Future
    11. Treehouse of Horror XXII
    10. When You Dish Upon a Star
    9. Bart to the Future
    8. Simpson Safari
    7. The Musk Who Fell to Earth
    6. My Way or the Highway to Heaven
    5. Bart-Mangled Banner
    4. Kill the Alligator and Run
    3. New Kids on the Blecch
    2. Saddlesore Galactica
    1. It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad Marge
    Season 31 Ratings
    The Winter of Our Monetized Content C+ Go Big or Go Homer ​C- The Fat Blue Line ​C+ Treehouse of Horror XXX ​C- Gorillas on the Mast ​B Marge the Lumberjill C- Livin La Pura Vida ​B- Thanksgiving of Horror ​B Todd, Todd, Why Hast Thou Forsaken Me? ​C Bobby It's Cold Outside ​B- Hail to the Teeth ​D- The Miseducation of Lisa Simpson ​B+ Frinkcoin D+ Bart the Bad Guy ​B+ Screenless ​B Better Off Ned ​C- Highway to Well ​C The Incredible Lightness of Being a Baby ​C+ Warrin' Priests ​C- The Hateful Eight-Year-Olds ​B

4. Thumbs Up To This Post by: kwijibo

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Shoskin View Post
    6. Lisa the Vegitarian
    no

Banned

But seriously, I respect your opinion and that, but why is that episode on your list?

I thought it was really funny!

Also, you spelled "vegetarian" wrong.

Hercules Rockefeller Homer Samson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kwijibo View Post
    But seriously, I respect your opinion and that, but why is that episode on your list?

I thought it was really funny!

Also, you spelled "vegetarian" wrong.
    A lot of people think it ruined Lisa's character is why it is on there. Some people say it even contributed to the show's downfall, but anything saying that Oakley and Weinstein contributed to the show's downfall is automatically disagreed with by me.
    Best and Worst Episode per Season:
    1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Night Out 2: One Fish, Two Fish, Blowfish, Blue Fish/Bart's Dog Gets an 'F' 3: Bart the Murderer/Saturdays of Thunder 4: Homer the Heretic/So Its Come To This: A Simpsons Clip Show 5: Cape Feare/Lady Bouvier's Lover 6: Homie the Clown/Another Simpsons Clip Show 7: Raging Abe Simpson and his Grumbling Grandson in " The Curse of the Flying Hellfish"/Scenes From the Class Struggle in Springfield 8: The Springfield Files/The Old Man and the Lisa 9: The City of New York vs. Homer Simpson/Miracle on Evergreen Terrace 10: Mayored to the Mob/Homer Simpson in: Kidney Trouble 11: Grift of the Magi/Eight Misbehavin' 12: Trilogy of Error/I'm Goin' to Praiseland 13: The Blunder Years/The Lastest Gun in the West 14: Moe Baby Blues/The Strong Arms of the Ma 15: My Mother the Carjacker/Co-Dependent's Day 16: The Heartbroke Kid/Homer and Ned's Hail Mary Pass 17: The Seemingly Never-Ending Story/The Bonfire of the Manatees 18: The Mook, The Chef, The Wife, and Her Homer/The Boys of Bummer 19: Eternal Moonshine of the Simpson Mind/Husbands and Knives 20: Gone Maggie Gone/Lisa the Drama Queen 21: The Squirt and the Whale/The Greatest Story Ever D'ohed 22: Homer Scissorhands/The Fight Before Christmas 23: The Book Job/Lisa Goes Gaga 24: The Saga of Carl/Love is a Many-Splintered Thing 25: Brick Like Me/What to Expect When Bart's Expecting 26: Sky Police/The Musk Who Fell to Earth 27: Barthood/Every Man's Dream 28: 22 for 30/The Caper Chase 29: Flanders' Ladder/Singin' in the Lane 30: Woo-hoo Dunnit?/I Want You (She's So Heavy)

8. Thumbs Up To This Post by: kwijibo

Banned

No to cooties and sisters. Shoskin's Avatar

Here is a problem with list like these, it's all subjective. Some of the episodes are liked by others. I like Bart Stops and Smells the Roosevelts and it is on some people's list. Saddlesore Galactica doesn't bother me as much as others. Some of the episodes mentioned had things that bugged me or I just didn't like. Maybe were I put them in my list might have been harsh but like I said my top 10 are my top 10.

@CousinMerl

I didn't like the Cartridge Family for the stupid idea he plays with the gun like a toy. The premise is stupid.

Lisa the Vegitarian: I was wrong "too." No Lisa, you were wrong. The ending bugged me.

A Milhouse Divided I have never liked. I don't know why. The idea how they changed Kirk. How they made Luann.

Lisa the Simpson. All the women are smart. All the men are stupid.

Lisa's Sax: let's give Lisa a Sax while they allow a teacher to torment and destroy a young boy who wants to learn.

no
    Yes

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Shoskin View Post
    Yes
    >:c

>:c

Just a reminder: We are at three days to the dateline. @Brad Lascelle and @Rover Hendrix you should to complete your list. Whoever wants to do a change, remember do it during the following days.

And, of course, everyone who still don't share your list, is invited to do it. That's all.

I guess it's my turn now. I’ve been sitting on my list for a while, edited it a little and swapped some episodes around and some out (as those just quite didn't make the cut for the 30 bottom ones).

Compiling this was easier than the top list we did earlier this year (shorter too) but the further down towards the bottom it went it got a little more difficult to pick the right ones (the ones toward the bottom are more interchangeable than the ones near the top) but I feel pretty satistfied with it overall and find it to be a good approximate list of the worst episodes to me.

As I said earlier, it consists mostly of HD era episodes, however I tried to put a few earlier ones there too such as a few Scully episodes (looking at the list of seasons, a majority of the Scully episodes are more mediocre or weak than truly awful to me, though there would definitely be more Scully on here if there were more spots).

Anyhow, here we go, starting at 30 and going up to 1st place.

30. I'm Just a Girl Who Can't Say D'oh
    29. How Munched Is That Birdie In The Window?
    28. A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again
    27. The Clown Stays In The Picture
    26. Moonshine River
    25. On A Clear Day I Can't See My Sister
    24. Lisa Gets The Blues
    23. Days Of Future Future
    22. Homer Simpson In: Kidney Trouble
    21. The Burns Cage
    20. White Christmas Blues
    19. Treehouse Of Horror XXII
    18. It’s A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad Marge
    17. The Fool Monty
    16. The Boys Of Bummer
    15. Singin' In The Lane
    14. I Want You (She’s So Heavy)
    13. Moho House
    12. Clown In The Dumps
    11. Dad Behavior
    10. Lisa Goes Gaga
    9. Every Man's Dream
    8. The Greatest Story Ever D'ohed
    7. The Caper Chase
    6. Love Is A Many-Strangled Thing
    5. The Musk Who Fell To Earth
    4. Politically Inept With Homer Simpson
    3. Bart-Mangled Banner
    2. The D’oh-cial Network
    1. Love Is A Many-Splintered Thing
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 08-29-2019 at 11:47 PM.

16. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Szyslak100

Banned

I like your list, @Nameless!

Chatting Simpsons Since '93 Brad Lascelle's Avatar

@Szyslak100 Finished the revisions to my list.
    Had to correct my unintentional snubs of The Strong Arms of the Ma and On a Clear Day I Can't See My Sister. Those had to make the cut.
    Also, bumped Fears of a Clown outside of my Top 10. I don't believe anyone else voted for that ep besides me.
    SEASON 31 RANKINGS
    The Winter of Our Monetized Content - 1.5/5 / Go Big or Go Homer - 2.5/5 / The Fat Blue Line - 3.5/5
    THOH XXX = Danger Things - 2.5/5 / Heaven Swipes Right - 1.5/5 / When Hairy Met Slimy - 2/5
    Gorillas on the Mast - 3.5/5 / Marge the Lumberjill - 2/5 / Livin' La Pura Vida - 5/5
    THANKSGIVING OF HORROR = A-Gobble-ypto - 3/5 / The Fourth Thursday After Tomorrow - 5/5 / The Last Thanksgiving - 3.5/5
    Todd, Todd, Why Hast Thou Forsaken Me? - 3.5/5 / Bobby, It's Cold Outside - 2.5/5 / Hail to the Teeth - 1.5/5
    The Miseducation of Lisa Simpson - 2/5 / Frinkcoin - 3/5 / Maggie Simpson In "Playdate with Destiny" - 4/5
    Bart the Bad Guy - 5/5 / Screenless - 2/5 / Better Off Ned - 2.5/5 / Highway to Well - 4/5
    The Incredible Lightness of Being a Baby - 2.5/5 / Warrin' Priests - 2/5 / The Hateful Eight-Year-Olds - 4.5/5 / The Way of the Dog - 5/5

The results was already calculated! Thanks for everybody for participate. I will update the final ranking in a new post, probably eight episodes per day, or something similar, with some stats and curiosities. So, see you soon!

Your Neighborhood Average Joe Purpleberries's Avatar

Oof I was almost finished with my list

Blog Entries

rip

Banned

Crap... I was just thinking about putting "Dancin' Homer" on my list.

It's ridiculous how many put Lisa the Vegetarian on their worst list, even ahead of Principal and the Pauper. You think it ruined Lisa's character, even more so than TPATP ruined Skinner's?

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolerSimpsons View Post
    30. At Long Last Leave
    29. Blazed And Confused
    28. Opposites A-Frack
    27. Changing Of The Guardian
    26. Bart Stops To Smell The Roosevelts
    25. Teenage Mutant Milk-Caused Hurdles
    24. What To Expect When Bart's Expecting
    23. Bull-E
    22. Friends And Family
    21. Peeping Mom
    20. Luca$
    19. Co-Dependents' Day
    18. Catch 'Em If You Can
    17. Singin' In The Lane
    16. Haw Haw Land
    15. The Girl Code
    14. Clown In The Dumps
    13. Throw Grampa From The Dane
    12. Havana Wild Weekend
    11. Let's Go Fly A Coot
    10. The Musk Who Fell To Earth
    9. Politically Inept, With Homer Simpson
    8. Treehouse Of Horror XXII
    7. Lisa Goes Gaga
    6. Bart Vs. Itchy & Scratchy
    5. The Kid Is All Right
    4. Love Is A Many-Splintered Thing
    3. Days Of Future Future
    2. Moe Goes From Rags To Riches
    1. Every Man's Dream

@Szyslak100 Had to change my list, there's an episode I can't believe I forgot to include.
    Hello, old friend. I'm back on this site. I hope you remember who I am. This message might be deleted cuz it's not about the topic lol but I tried sending you a private message but couldn't. anyway, take care and hope to hear from you soon
    Having such a vast vocabulary really embiggens my pride

4>3>2>6>7>5>8>9>1>10>12>11>14>15>16>13> the rest I don't know how to organize but they share the quality of not being as good as S13 to me

Chatting Simpsons Since '93 Brad Lascelle's Avatar

I had this thread opened up today due to the discussion of worst-ever episodes of the show coming back up on Discord and I decided to reflect back on my submitted list from last summer...

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Lascelle View Post
    1. Days of Future Future
    2. The Boys of Bummer
    3. Moe Goes from Rags to Riches
    4. Treehouse of Horror XXII
    5. The Strong Arms of the Ma
    6. Homer and Ned's Hail Mary Pass
    7. The Caper Chase
    8. The D'oh-cial Network
    9. On a Clear Day I Can't See My Sister
    10. Love Is a Many-Splintered Thing
    11. Fears of a Clown
    12. Every Man's Dream
    13. Co-Dependents' Day
    14. Saddlesore Galactica
    15. Dad Behavior
    16. Million Dollar Abie
    17. The Scorpion's Tale
    18. MyPods and Boomsticks
    19. Treehouse of Horror XXVI
    20. Havana Wild Weekend
    21. Homer Simpson, This Is Your Wife
    22. A Midsummer's Nice Dream
    23. The Fool Monty
    24. To Courier with Love
    25. Missionary: Impossible
    26. Singin' in the Lane
    27. Lisa Gets the Blues
    28. The Man Who Grew Too Much
    29. I Want You (She's So Heavy)
    30. Moms I'd Like to Forget
    And it probably speaks volumes about Season 31's quality that I don't believe I would add any of its episodes to the above list. But I imagine that might not be the case for some of the rest of you... so will Go Big or Go Homer, Warrin' Priests or any of this past year's other letdowns crack your worst Top 30 lineup?

26. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Nitsy

And it probably speaks volumes about Season 31's quality that I don't believe I would add any of its episodes to the above list. But I imagine that might not be the case for some of the rest of you... so will Go Big or Go Homer, Warrin' Priests or any of this past year's other letdowns crack your worst Top 30 lineup?
    I would set Better Off Ned about #25 probably. I gave it a 1/5 but it is a strong 1/5 in comparison of others, if that has sense.

Have Brain, Will Travel Wile E. the Brain's Avatar

so will Go Big or Go Homer, Warrin' Priests or any of this past year's other letdowns crack your worst Top 30 lineup?
    As far as I'm concerned, no. There were bad episodes in the season we just finished, but not even the worst of them, which are in my opinion Hail to the Teeth and Better Off Ned, are terrible enough to make my top 30 worst episodes of the show. They are bad, Hail to the Teeth is both ridiculous and hackneyed and Better Off Ned looks like an episode that was made by a bot to quote Szyslak100, but they didn't infuriate me (they more likely totally disinterested me). They're pathetic both in their own way, but looking back at my top 30, I don't find them as unwatchable as those I putted on it (though Better Off Ned is quite close come to think of it).

That may say something positive about this season, but it's actually kind of typical to see a HD season who's for the most part filled with episodes that are just too bland and kinda forgettable to be qualified as terrible episodes.
    It ate EVERYBODY, stupid !

The Winter of Our Monetized Content - 2/5 / Go Big or Go Homer - 2/5 / The Fat Blue Line - 3.5/5 / Treehouse of Horror XXX - 2.5/5 / Gorillas on the Mast - 3.5/5 / Marge the Lumberjill - 2/5 / Livin' la Pura Vida - 4/5 / Thanksgiving of Horror - 4/5 / Todd, Todd, Why Hast Thou Forsaken Me - 2.5/5 / Bobby, it's Cold Outside - 2.5/5 / Hail to the Teeth - 1.5/5 / The Miseducation of Lisa Simpson - 3.5/5 / Frinkcoin - 2/5 / Bart the Bad Guy - 4/5 / Screenless - 3.5/5 / Better Off Ned - 1.5/5 / Highway to Well - 3/5 / The Incredible Lightness of Being a Baby - 2/5 / Warrin' Priests: Part One - 3/5 / Warrin' Priests: Part Two - 2.5/5 / The Hateful Eight-Year-Olds - 3.5/5 / Way of the Dog - TBA

I do not think any of them would for sure have a place in my Bottom 30 list as of now. I found season 31 average as a whole & being very middling & I outright disliked or hated rather few of them (with a more part of the episodes being just mediocre than anything) & even those were not bad enough for a placement in the Bottom 10 or so.

Possibly 'Better Off Ned' and 'Hail To The Teeth' & maybe 'Go Big Or Go Homer' could get a spot at the lower end, replacing some of the more forgettable episodes that are easier to swap out. I didn't like 'Warrin Priests' nor 'Marge The Lumberjill' very much but I neither one of them would quite make the cut as I didn't find them bad enough even for consideration.

But as a whole, I'm satisfied with my list from the last year so no, I wouldn't change it at the moment.
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 05-22-2020 at 11:48 PM.

Junior Camper

The worst of the season were definitely 'Hail to the Teeth' and 'Better Off Ned'. However, I don't think either are worse than the episode I ranked 30th ('Moonshine River') so they wouldn't have made my cut. However, when the ranking was done I hadn't actually finished season 30, and hadn't seen 'I Want You (She's So Heavy)' or 'Bart vs. Itchy & Scratchy') They certainly would've made it on.

Joe Swanson ©tormented OldSchoolerSimpsons's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Besides maybe swapping 2 or 3 episodes for ones I realized are even worse, my list would be exactly the same. Simply because season 31 is the one that finally made me stop watching the show. I'd already started losing any sort of will to check it out of curiosity with season 30 where I only saw 3 episodes, and with 31 something snapped in me after watching Treehouse Of Horror XXX where I realized "I don't want to waste my time with this anymore". And it's probably gonna stay that way for at least a very long time. It would take a lot to make me watch as much as one new episode at this point.
    Last edited by OldSchoolerSimpsons; 05-23-2020 at 07:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by scully apologist;bt39949
    "KONY 2012"

In the other extreme, and clarifying that I don't want to be pedant with my discourse of "the greatest post-classic episodes are at the same level as the greatest episodes of the classic era", I easily would include Bart the Bad Guy in my TOP50 of all time, and I should analyze if there is a place for Thanksgiving of Horror and The Way of the Dog.

Incidentally, the TOP4 of this season (adding Livin' La Pura Vida) must be one of the strongest of any season from the last two decades.

While none of the bad episodes of season 31 would immediately make my Bottom 30 list, 'Thanksgiving Of Horror', 'Bart The Bad Guy', 'The Way Of The Dog' & maybe 'Livin' La Pura Vida' as well are certainly contenders for my Top 30 HD episodes, as they were indeed of a fairly high quality (and I think an episode like 'Thanksgiving Of Horror' sorta transcends the HD era itself in just being a solid episode no matter what era).

34. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Szyslak100

I would probably add Go Big or Go Homer and Better Off Ned as I strongly disliked those eps. Go Big had an insufferable guest star and random cruelty to Bart while Better Off Ned was just a hodgepodge of previous eps and I can no longer buy Ned as a nice guy, not when we see his super evangelical side to the point where he is intolerant of other beliefs be they a different way of expressing Christianity like Warrin' Priests or atheism/skepticism in Forsaken Me.

36. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Szyslak100

I had this thread opened up today due to the discussion of worst-ever episodes of the show coming back up on Discord and I decided to reflect back on my submitted list from last summer...
    Good list. I've been watching Season 20 on Disney+ this past month and I just saw "MyPods" and it's even worse than I remembered. I think if I did this list over again, it would make my Bottom 30.
    Get woke, go broke

Thread Information