Thread: Most embarrassing song on your phone or MP3 player

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Most embarrassing song on your phone or MP3 player

I usually listen to classic rock and heavy metal and I try to hide that I actually have Taylor Swift's 'Blank Space' on my phone.

What song do you have on your music device that you don't want anyone to know you listen to?
    Do you kids wanna be like the real U.N., or do you just wanna squabble and waste time?

Blog Entries

that’s a good song bro
    Fuck Donald Trump. #NotMyPresident

Blog Entries

I don’t see the point of being “embarrassed” by music you have on your device, just a cursory glance I can’t find anything that would fit that. I like what I like and I don’t care who knows.

Blog Entries

Do have a few songs by a band called Confederate Railroad that seems more embarrassing to admit than saying I like to listen to Sheryl Crowe(which I do she’s great) or something

5. Thumbs Up To This Post by: cam

Blog Entries

none. i had alot of shame for years but i shed that skin and i flaunt my tacky flesh, the makeup of which is every bit as much critical darling trash as it is early 70s white ppl self indulgence, late 70s disco rippers, every corner of the 80s with special pedestals for songs by the likes of hall and oates, steely dan, loverboy, motherfucking STARSHIP that song rips, i could unfurl a looney tunes ass list of 90s hits Especially one hit wonders that awaken my inner pop up video junkie, i gave i love you always forever by donna lewis five stars and it deserves all five, i will belt all for you by sister hazel and every counting crows song that follows in the autoplay, i will get a little too into shawn mullins lullaby, and if your viewpoint of guilty pleasure is just modern popstars then youd have a harder time naming one i dont have at least one eternal bop from, from the lady gagas to the katy perrys to the ke$ha who has beyond anyones comprehension perfected pop music, nevermind the underappreciated genius of will.i.am, the unstoppable hit craftsmanship of drake or rihanna, every bruno mars song that steals something a few decades old, and i could go on. the definitions here change decade to decade but i could hit them all. i havent even mentioned how often i listen to sonic the hedgehog soundtracks or anime openers or all the critically panned albums nobody wants to admit they misjudged too quickly like prince's rave un2 the joy fantastic or rush's corny synth albums, i can tell you with no irony in my molecules that huey lewis and the news are one of the greatest groups in music history, i can name every member of the bands peak era here ill do it huey lewis chris hayes mario cipolina sean hopper johnny colla bill gibson done did it boom. i listened to insane clown posse for my entire sixteenth year of human existence and tbbh some of it still slaps. i like every weezer album. all of them. especially raditude, which the clown consensus doesnt deserve in all its eternal youth inspired glory. god forbid we all forget we are getting older and losing it for a few seconds!

so yeah. none.

oh dear, I say! The Spruce Moose's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Blank Space is better than all heavy metal already.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Egg Council Creepy View Post
    Here's FIVE non-rock songs I like:
    Take On Me
    Hello
    Mad World
    Unreal Superhero 3
    Lisa Frank 420/Modern Computing
    So i'm not a rockist

8. Thumbs Up To This Post by: pax, Two-Bit

withered gas station rose Bart's treehouse's Avatar

All of them cuz all music is embarrassing

Blog Entries

that’s stupid

11. Thumbs Up To This Post by: cam

Quote Originally Posted by The Spruce Moose View Post
    Blank Space is better than all heavy metal already.
    No way. Play Ride the Lightning or Master of Puppets at 11 and rock out.

Quote Originally Posted by hanna hilton View Post
    I don’t see the point of being “embarrassed” by music you have on your device, just a cursory glance I can’t find anything that would fit that. I like what I like and I don’t care who knows.
    I can respect that. Taylor is extremely talented but its just not what you would expect from me. My sister laughs at me. I'm lucky to have parents who brought me up with a lot of music. My mom saw Hendrix. Myf dad saw Janis. I'm so jealous

Quote Originally Posted by tyler View Post
    none. i had alot of shame for years but i shed that skin and i flaunt my tacky flesh, the makeup of which is every bit as much critical darling trash as it is early 70s white ppl self indulgence, late 70s disco rippers, every corner of the 80s with special pedestals for songs by the likes of hall and oates, steely dan, loverboy, motherfucking STARSHIP that song rips, i could unfurl a looney tunes ass list of 90s hits Especially one hit wonders that awaken my inner pop up video junkie, i gave i love you always forever by donna lewis five stars and it deserves all five, i will belt all for you by sister hazel and every counting crows song that follows in the autoplay, i will get a little too into shawn mullins lullaby, and if your viewpoint of guilty pleasure is just modern popstars then youd have a harder time naming one i dont have at least one eternal bop from, from the lady gagas to the katy perrys to the ke$ha who has beyond anyones comprehension perfected pop music, nevermind the underappreciated genius of will.i.am, the unstoppable hit craftsmanship of drake or rihanna, every bruno mars song that steals something a few decades old, and i could go on. the definitions here change decade to decade but i could hit them all. i havent even mentioned how often i listen to sonic the hedgehog soundtracks or anime openers or all the critically panned albums nobody wants to admit they misjudged too quickly like prince's rave un2 the joy fantastic or rush's corny synth albums, i can tell you with no irony in my molecules that huey lewis and the news are one of the greatest groups in music history, i can name every member of the bands peak era here ill do it huey lewis chris hayes mario cipolina sean hopper johnny colla bill gibson done did it boom. i listened to insane clown posse for my entire sixteenth year of human existence and tbbh some of it still slaps. i like every weezer album. all of them. especially raditude, which the clown consensus doesnt deserve in all its eternal youth inspired glory. god forbid we all forget we are getting older and losing it for a few seconds!

so yeah. none.
    Weezer was my first concert.
    Huey Lewis and the News 'Sports' was my first LP in 1983
    I love 80s music
    Not a Starship fan, but love Jefferson Airplane.
    Have Wakko's World from Animaniacs, which basically my generation's Sponge Bob.
    "I hate the fucking Eagles man." Just for the simple fact it is about self indulgence.
    Learn to love The Beatles before I knew they were "The Beatles"

I say listen to what makes you happy.

Blog Entries

I have a playlist full of wrestling themes, the majority of it about which half naked meathead is going to punch the other meathead harder in the face. So yeah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elliot76 View Post
    don't feel threatened by a dude who gargles mayonnaise

16. Thumbs Up To This Post by: cam, Shoskin

Quote Originally Posted by pax View Post
    I have a playlist full of wrestling themes, the majority of it about which half naked meathead is going to punch the other meathead harder in the face. So yeah.
    Stone Cold?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pax View Post
    burn in my light is a 10

19. Thumbs Up To This Post by: pax

Blog Entries

It's up there for sure
    Last edited by pax; 07-15-2019 at 01:42 PM.

Thread Information