Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Season 10 is part of the classic era

(Users Browsing this Thread: Simpson's Fan)

According to my local cinema's management team for trivia nights, Seasons 10 and 11 are part of the "classic" era.

2. Thumbs Up To This Post by: cam, Sam

Blog Entries

frankly just sounds like some of you need higher standards

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Nihilistic View Post
    I'm not even sure if season nine is classic or not, so season ten definitely isn't getting that stamp from me. That was the first season where I could say a majority of the episodes weren't good, and even the good ones don't really feel the same as the good episodes from a couple seasons before them.

But there were definitely classic moments. And at times, it could be really funny.
    Season 9 is semi-classic at best.

Blog Entries

Season 10 is still good and has a lot of funny episodes but I think that's where the tone changed significantly. Season 9 still has a similar feel to me as earlier seasons.
    You're a dolt with the IQ of a peabrain that probably loves lowbrow sitcoms like The Big Bang Theory, Frasier and Seinfeld to not grasp the biting satire and wit of the classic 65 (Rugrats).

6. Thumbs Up To This Post by: cam

SuperFriend Rembrandt Q. Einstein's Avatar

I appreciate that my perspective is probably different from somebody who actually watched the show in the intended order but to me 9 and 10 don't feel that different --- which isn't an insult to either of them. Both of them have some great outings (The City of New York vs. Homer Simpson, King of the Hill, Lisa Gets An A, Wild Barts Can't Be Broken) and some not-so-great (The Two Mrs. Nahasapeemapetilons, Bart Carny, When You Dish Upon a Star, Make Room for Lisa). I don't blame anyone for declaring the classic era ends at s8 since it's tidier, but I think it was a pretty gradual thing.

I hate season 10, especially kidney trouble. Homer is a jerkass but they can't just take his kidney while he's unconscious, he needs to consent. Hibbert could be sued. I also hate the dark ending joke where Homer squeezes Bart's kidney.

Executive Vice President Financial Panther's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I actually think the ending is one of the few good parts about Kidney Trouble. I don’t really take it seriously.
    Favorite and least favorite by season
    1. Krusty Gets Busted There’s No Disgrace Like Home 2. Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3. Homer at the Bat Like Father, Like Clown 4. Brother From the Same Planet Krusty Gets Kancelled 5. Cape Feare Lady Bouvier’s Lover 6. Homer Badman Another Simpsons Clip Show 7. King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8. Homer’s Enemy El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer 9. Bart Carny The Trouble With Trillions 10. Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: “Kidney Trouble” 11. Guess Who’s Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12. HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13. Tales From the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14. The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15. I, Annoyed Grunt)-bot Bart-Mangled Banner 16. A Star is Torn On a Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister 17. My Fair Laddy Bonfire of the Manatees 18. The Haw-Hawed Couple You Kent Always Say What You Want 19. Funeral for a Fiend All About Lisa 20. Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21. The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22. Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23. The Falcon and the D’ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24. Hardly Kirk-ing Moonshine River 25. The War of Art What to Expect When Bart’s Expecting 26. Sky Police Let’s Go Fly a Coot 27. Halloween of Horror Lisa With an ‘S’ 28. There Will Be Buds Moho House 29. Springfield Splendor Throw Grampa From the Dane

Cool Single ready for relationship.

hey my profile site lin k ... http://psce.pw/JK9S8
    Attached Images Attached Images

Junior Camper

It's transitional as others mentioned, some episodes like Lisa gets an a and Mayored to the mob feel more season 9-ish or semi-classic, but others like Monty can't buy me love and Dish upon a star feel more season 11-ish or modern.

I can kinda see why some people prefer 11-12 over 10 though. S11-12 have better animation and is less stuck in the mud than season 10. By that point it's more of a Family Guy Lite though.
    Last edited by Zelek; 07-10-2019 at 12:01 PM.

Hercules Rockefeller

To be honest I don't consider "golden age" and "classic era" as the same. Basically, I think the golden age was seasons 2-the first 4 episodes of Season 10 but the classic era was every episode before the show went digital. Seasons 14-16 are good, but the switch to digital animation basically started a new era.
    Best and Worst Episode per Season:
    1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Night Out 2: One Fish, Two Fish, Blowfish, Blue Fish/Bart's Dog Gets an 'F' 3: Bart the Murderer/Saturdays of Thunder 4: Homer the Heretic/So Its Come To This: A Simpsons Clip Show 5: Cape Feare/Lady Bouvier's Lover 6: Homie the Clown/Another Simpsons Clip Show 7: Raging Abe Simpson and his Grumbling Grandson in " The Curse of the Flying Hellfish"/Homerpalooza 8: The Springfield Files/The Old Man and the Lisa 9: The City of New York vs. Homer Simpson/Miracle on Evergreen Terrace 10: Mayored to the Mob/Homer Simpson in: Kidney Trouble 11: Grift of the Magi/Eight Misbehavin' 12: Trilogy of Error/I'm Goin' to Praiseland 13: The Blunder Years/The Lastest Gun in the West 14: Moe Baby Blues/The Strong Arms of the Ma 15: Fraudcast News/Co-Dependent's Day 16: The Heartbroke Kid/Homer and Ned's Hail Mary Pass 17: The Seemingly Never-Ending Story/The Bonfire of the Manatees 18: The Mook, The Chef, The Wife, and Her Homer/The Boys of Bummer 19: Eternal Moonshine of the Simpson Mind/Husbands and Knives 20: Gone Maggie Gone/Lisa the Drama Queen 21: The Squirt and the Whale/The Greatest Story Ever D'ohed 22: Homer Scissorhands/The Fight Before Christmas 23: The Book Job/Lisa Goes Gaga 24: The Saga of Carl/Love is a Many-Splintered Thing 25: Brick Like Me/What to Expect When Bart's Expecting 26: Sky Police/The Musk Who Fell to Earth 27: Barthood/Every Man's Dream 28: 22 for 30/The Caper Chase 29: Flanders' Ladder/Singin' in the Lane 30: Woo-hoo Dunnit?/I Want You (She's So Heavy)

Junior Camper

The funny thing is that even season 9 is now being rejected. I remember 5 years ago most fans still considered it classic era, albeit in transition.

But now recently, with Youtube essays by Entertain the Elk and Super Eyepatch Wolf about the Simpsons' decline getting popular, the hate for Principal and the Pauper has been re-ignited (seems like it died down for a while), and now I've seen a lot of casual fans seemingly reject s9 as classic solely because of that one episode (unfair imo). Heck, in the past two years I've seen more hate for PatP than even Kill the Alligator and Run.

Al Jeany apologist scully apologist's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Some people view 8 as the half-classic transitional season now. Which seems mad to me.
    punk buck bonafide

Junior Camper

Quote Originally Posted by scully apologist View Post
    Some people view 8 as the half-classic transitional season now. Which seems mad to me.
    Yeah like everyone used to say 1-8 was the firm classic era, but now after those Youtube essays came out more "race to the bottom"/purity spiral fans are poppjng up saying things like "The show was already a wretched shitfest by season 7" or something, lol. Like the show's been meh for so long that now fans are trying to convince themselves that less and less of it was ever actually good.

NEIN!!!
    Do you kids wanna be like the real U.N., or do you just wanna squabble and waste time?

jammy dogder advisory board jim's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grifty McGrift View Post
    The further time goes, the more the classic era shrinks.
    NHC in 2038: Season 4 and 5 are the only classic era!!
    i feel the opposite is true, as time goes on, people are becoming more forgiving to the scully years. it's one thing to believe the decline wasn't becoming apparent in season 8 or 9 but 10?? if ten is in the classic era then wouldn't you not also believe the classic era never ended at all?

Junior Camper

Quote Originally Posted by jim View Post
    i feel the opposite is true, as time goes on, people are becoming more forgiving to the scully years. it's one thing to believe the decline wasn't becoming apparent in season 8 or 9 but 10?? if ten is in the classic era then wouldn't you not also believe the classic era never ended at all?
    On NHC, people are more forgiving towards the Scully era, but other parts of the fanbase seem to be tightening their belts on it. Which is funny since this situation was the opposite 15 years ago.

Thread Information