Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Amphibia

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Disney TVA's official Twitter just made their first post since the leak. It doesn't have anything to do with Amphibia, but the post has been around for an hour and the comments are already a mess!

EDIT: I'll talk about the potential censorship again by saying that should it happen exactly how I picture it (or worse), then I will be making a personal stance by refusing to buy anything Disney branded from an actual store (Wal-Mart, Target, etc.) where I know part of the profit will go back to them for at least a year as my way of showIng my disappointment/potential anger. Sure, I'm just one person out of millions, but it will be enough of a straw breaks the camel's back moment.
    Last edited by John95; 05-07-2021 at 03:56 PM.
    Family Guy Season 19 Ratings - Stewie's First Word: 1.5/5 The Talented Mr. Stewie: .5/5 Boys & Squirrels: 0/5 Cutawayland: 1.5/5 La Famiglia Guy: 0/5 Meg's Wedding: 1.5/5 Wild Wild West: 3.5/5 Pawtucket Pat: 1.5/5 The First No L: 1.5/5 Fecal Matters: .5/5 Boy's Best Friend: 1.5/5 And Then There's Fraud: 0/5 PeTerminator: 1.5/5 The Marrying Kind: 1.5/5 Customer of the Week: 0/5 Who's Brian Now?: 1/5 Young Parents: 2/5 Meg Goes to College: 2.5/5 Family Cat: 3.5/5 Tales of Former Sports Glory: 0/5
    American Dad! Season 17 Ratings - Who Smarted?: 2/5 Russian Doll: 0/5 Stan Moves to Chicago: 0/5 Shakedown Steve:0/5 Thank God for Loose Rocks: 0/5 The Wondercabinet: .5/5 Little Bonnie Ramirez: 0/5 Dancin' A-with My Cell: 2/5 ̶M̶u̶s̶e̶d̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶A̶b̶u̶s̶e̶d̶:̶ ̶T̶B̶D̶ ̶H̶e̶n̶d̶e̶r̶s̶o̶n̶:̶ ̶T̶B̶D̶ Hot Scoomp: TBD

@John95, It does feel odd that they haven't addressed this at all, let alone give any sort of excuse. DTVA isn't looking so good at all right now (and I can just imagine the comments). They really brought it on themselves. I don't know if fans boycotting them (in case of censorship, especially ones for a crucial moment or two) would have any affect, but at least it would be a form of proper personal statement.

Once the episode has made its debut airing, it would be very interesting to hear all your thoughts you've so clearly been holding back due to spoilers (and if they really have changed and/or censored stuff, I hope there'll be some form of comparison).

@CousinMerl, I was gonna ask what's the worst option they could do at this point? What they're currently doing (which is just twiddling their thumbs and not mentioning it at all, and the most they'll say is just announcing the new airdate) or give a response with the 50/50 chance that they could fuck up the same way CA did in their original response to Change the Channel?

On a lighter note, we now have a fourth message this time from as Zehra Fazal as General Yunan! https://mobile.twitter.com/Radrappy/...85339577421830

I actually forgot about her when mentioning which characters I'd like to see a message from next, as since Yunan's first appearance I've since watched Glitch Techs where her VA voiced who ended up becoming my favorite character on the show (and the one who was my profile pic for a while at the start of the year).

@John95, the Channel Awesome debacle is kind of an interesting comparison, even if that one was way worse (and that was a gigantic mess which didn't really lead anywhere than a ton of content creators leaving).

Neat to hear another message. General Yunan kind of an odd choice, not because she is a bad character (far from it) but because she's barely been on the show (only being featured in one episode plus a small part in a later one IIRC. I'm guessing she's a major part of the season finale, though, which is definitely in order, but I had still hoped to see her on more often).

I've heard her VA in 'Glitch Techs' too (yeah, I've watched it too, but I have a more mixed opinion of it than you and Wile E., I think) and she was great there as well, but her character felt really underused and underdeveloped, almost being a minor supporting character instead of a proper regular (sort of like Yunan, but at least the General feel like more of a character that wouldn't appear so much).

@CousinMerl, It was the only example I could think of and I noted it to just the initial response (with the infamous "We sincerely regret that you felt that way") and how they really didn't own up to anything the same way Disney TVA could potentially do themselves if they were to respond to the incident.

And not to go too off topic, but I get that in regards to what you said about her character in Glitch Techs feeling underdeveloped. That's honestly how I felt about the character who was one of Wile's favorites (the one voiced by Ashly Burch). Don't get me wrong, I did like her but not enough to be a favorite. Though maybe these could both become moot in the future should the show actually be allowed to continue production as they were planning on more before it was abruptly shut down.

@John95, I wasn't saying Channel Awesome was a bad comparison, mind you, but interesting in a sense that there are some similarities now that I think of it (even if, as said, the CA thing was worse due to the horrible background, especially regarding some aspects IIRC). Also, it is true that DTVA could end up in a similar situation so I hope they'll issue a statement soon.

And not to get too into off topic either, but one of my problems with 'Glitch Techs' is the underdeveloped nature of the supporting characters and it being two seasons in with not a whole lot having changed is a little worrying (I kept waiting for more character focus, development and switching things up, but the quite formulaic and episodic "monster of the week" nature of the series get in the way and it seem to stomp around more than a few times; it feels like it is begging to be a lot more serialized than it is & like it is still trying to figure out its identity. Still a fine enough show, but not having reached its full potential). I think Amphibia is handling it much better so far IMO, but I digress.
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 05-08-2021 at 01:46 PM.

@CousinMerl, If they do actually respond beyond giving us the new airdate, hopefully they'll have enough foresight to look over it first to make sure it doesn't come across as shallowly corporate and non-apologetic.

EDIT: https://mobile.twitter.com/Radrappy/...63185785229315
    And now we have message #5 coming to us from Kaitlyn Robrock as Felicia.
    Last edited by John95; 05-08-2021 at 04:35 PM.

@John95, I had forgotten about Kaitlyn/Felicia. She's another character I've enjoyed and had wanted to hear a message from and now we got one; a really good one too, not as great as Zehra's but still (maybe Katie/Ivy next, maybe?). There are so many good characters in the show that are not so often spoken about, now that I think of it.

https://mobile.twitter.com/DisneyTVA...39345277861891

No announcement for True Colors' new airdate yet.... But, according to this next Saturday there will be a small marathon of episodes. Could this mean that it will end with the premiere of the aforementioned in a more deserving time slot (which it deserves as someone who saw the leak)? Hopefully more info will come out withing the next few hours.

@John95, Them doing a mini-marathon has got to mean something and quite possibly be some sort of build up to the official release of 'True Colors' (maybe late May or early June like you suggested), but I don't know if we can trust DTVA to deliver.

Have Brain, Will Travel Wile E. the Brain's Avatar

True Colors will finally air next saturday ! And judging by the disclaimer in the middle of the promo (which pretty much supports what John said about some scenes I suppose), I guess that the execs have thought of eventual censorship indeed, at the last moment. But Braly affirms in this thread that this episode will be shown in its original form, and that's a relief, kudos to him and the staff for standing up against censorship. I can't wait !
    Last edited by Wile E. the Brain; 05-15-2021 at 09:59 AM.

12. Thumbs Up To This Post by: John95, Tilly

@Wile E. the Brain & @CousinMerl, If neither of you guys have had what happens in the finale spoiled to you by this point then 1. Kudos to you and 2. That disclaimer card will make a lot of sense once you see the episode for yourself. Though I'm still prepared to stick with my personal stance of refusing to give them a single penny on any of their products from an actual store for at least a year should that one specific moment still get neutered in even the slightest.

Additionally, what Matt said about sticking around after the credits is a nice incentive to make people watch it either on TV or a livestream (though I was honestly planning on doing the latter anyways).

https://twitter.com/Toon4Thought/sta...82643577593856
    Here's a post that I commented on regarding the likeliness behind why the episode was pulled from it's original airdate.

Lastly, it seems like my prediction was correct regarding how the most Disney TVA was gonna do was just reveal the new airdate and just sweep the whole mess regarding the leak under the rug. That said, I suppose that's better than giving a response where they don't own up to anything and go as far as to say something akin to "We sincerely regret that you felt that way".

Finally some good news! I actually saw a twitter post from Matt Braly the other day that he spoke of an eventual update and reveal of the airdate and I expected to see it in a few days, but not really so soon, albeit I'm not complaining of course. I haven't seen the leaked episode (I stuck to my plan to wait and support the crew) and I don't think I've been spoiled so I'm really looking forward to this release (and hope it'll deliver).

Interesting how they updated the promo with the disclaimer (which was sort of darkly amusing, that with Sprig narrating it), which definitely leads me to believe (like some have) that the reason for the episode getting suddenly pulled was Disney objecting to some of this intense and/or scary material in the episode and needed a lot of convincing from Braly and the crew before they would release it (and uncut, if what it said is true). Also, I suppose this post-credits scene is a new addition not present in the leaked variant?

I'm not surprised that DTVA hasn't commented on this debacle as I always found it would only be a very, very slim chance they ever would (usually studios don't want to comment on things like these, especially not individual cases), but I still think they should've issued a brief apology.

@CousinMerl, Matt didn't specify as to whether it's a post-credits scene or not, just to stick around after the credits for what I'm half-expecting to be either a semi teaser for Season 3 or... Something else that I'll say what after the episode has aired next week. Either way, yeah this will be something that wasn't in the cut that was leaked.

@John95, I would sort of consider a season 3 teaser a post-credits scene, but it does sound like there'll at least be some extra footage or something (or they'll just yank our chain like the post-credits scene from 'Spider-Man: Homecoming', which would be funny). Still, it'll be interesting to see what addition they have in store for us viewers.

Quote Originally Posted by CousinMerl View Post
    I'm not surprised that DTVA hasn't commented on this debacle as I always found it would only be a very, very slim chance they ever would (usually studios don't want to comment on things like these, especially not individual cases), but I still think they should've issued a brief apology.
    Keep in mind that Twitter accounts rarely (if ever) are spokesmen for the people handling the respective company. So I'm not sure Twitter is the kind of place you'd find an official apology from them anyway.

@Wile E. the Brain, That much is certainly true, but I still don't completely expect to see an apology from them in some way, though I certainly don't rule the possibility out altogether (since there is a slim chance it might happen).

https://twitter.com/Radrappy/status/1393963080422354944

Message #6 from Bill Farmer as Hop Pop.

@John95, another great messagee (and one which I had wished we'd get, as said). Maybe it comes a little late now that the airdate is coming up, but still, it is Bill Farmer delivering another solid and funny performance (and kind of in an elaborate way I did not fully expect).
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 05-17-2021 at 01:46 PM.

The kind of things that confirm that Hop Pop and Bill Farmer are a match made in heaven, though.

22. Thumbs Up To This Post by: John95

@Wile E. the Brain, Farmer certainly makes Hop Pop work so incredibly well as a character. He truly makes him best character (more or less).

Well, today's the day! I'll be watching the finale on a livestream this evening, but so far I can't seem to find a link to the official release and I know it's already online indicating that there weren't any changes made to it deemed worthy of justifying a new link (outside of the post-credits thing). On one hand, that's a little disappointing as in the leaked cut there were at least two animation errors I spotted that I thought would've been fixed. But on the other, it means that the specific moment that warrented the content warning more than likely is fully intact.

As for the post-credits tag, that is online and I've accidentally spoiled myself on what it is without actually seeing it (and won't until the Livestream). I'll remain tight-lipped on what it is for the moment but what I will say is that based on what I thought they'd do plus some speculation I saw as to what it could be, this was the best possible outcome.

I have been waiting for this weekend and it'll be nice to finally watch the episode (as intended). I won't ne watching the livestream but will catch the episode tomorrow, I think (though I don't know if the version I will see will be the final version with the post-credits scene or the leaked version, but I will find out once I get to the end. If it's the leak, I will probably see the extra bit somewhere else).

I've just watched it.

All throughout, I thought it was great. A bit formulaic as far as "wham season finales" go but it's so well executed that I didn't care despite a couple of minor issues. And then there was... what probably made Disney consider censorship. It broke me. It really broke me. They shouldn't have broken me like that. And yes, I DO know they probably will find a way to resurrect her. But really, the execution (no pun intended, I wouldn't dare) was fantastic and I'm so glad they left it uncensored because that's one proof of an animated series that doesn't want to patronize its young audience. 

I'll make a more detailed review later.

@CousinMerl, The episode is already on that site that we often tend to frequent, and it was put on there a few days after the leak so it's that version.

From what I'm gathering, the only changes were the post-credits tag (which can be easily found with a quick search on YT) and it now opens with the content advisory warning from the promo.

Well, just got done watching it on the livestream. From what I could tell, nothing was altered or changed which is good regarding that one particular moment that broke @Wile E. the Brain (and me as well for reasons that are sure to be super obvious). As for stuff being added outside of the post-credits stinger, I didn't catch anything and well truth be told I didn't really think there was anything that could be added based on what was already in the leak cut which I'm sure Wile would agree with. And anything that would be added would more than likely just be minor things in the background. Though I do feel bad for those who did wait to catch the episode first on cable as like with Season 1's finale, it ended with a unique credits sequence which is missing here due to credits pushback.

However, I retract what I said before about the animation errors. One of them actually was fixed compared to the leaked cut and of the two that I spotted it was the more noticeable while the other one was more in the background so I'm glad that at least that one got fixed. A side by side will come later.

As for the hiatus that we're now entering into with no word at the moment for when the show will be coming back... In case I haven't said it before, my best case scenario is that the show will be on break for about as long as Rapunzel's Tangled Adventure was between it's second and third seasons which was about five months (mid-April through September). If not, well... That's quite the ending to leave us on if this is the last we'll be seeing of the show this year!

Now I have watched 'Amphibia: Infinity War'... err, 'True Colors' as well and what can I say? It was a great season finale that did what a solid season finale of an serialized show should: bring on a lot of excitment, drama, action and even some good humor. I don't know if I liked it as much as the season 1 finale 'Reunion' but it definitely still contained a lot of good stuff. Gonna do a review below to sum up my thoughts and will naturally use spoiler tags (for the sake of those others who haven't seen the finale or are yet to watch the series).

I quite liked the flashback on Marcy and revealing it was her who found out about the music box (at the library, interestingly enough) and ultimately her who led Anne & Sasha to it after a dramatic meeting with her parents (really opening the episode with intrigue). It continued briskly in the present with the gang arriving to Newtopiaand the box about to be delivered to King Andrias and Sasha & Grime launching their invasion, leading to some neat action (with the gang going to free Andrias & stop the toad army from marching into town) but also drama with Anne's angry & saddened reaction to Sasha's betrayal (and Sasha soon being undecided and starting to really feel like a bad friend). There was sort of a visceral quality to the violence, finally Frobo got his chance to shine, I liked Yunan helping out and enjoyed how some things from previous episodes came back, like Hop-Pop getting use of his theater skills from 'A Caravan Named Desire'; nice to see they do think of continuity. 

I liked how it did twist and turn here and there, starting with Sasha & Grime by chance revealing that something's not right with Andrias (tearing down this sickly sweet tapestry and reveal the dark and ominous mural) and deciding to stop Anne & the rest of the gang from stopping the toad soldiers and tell her that the King is not whom he seems, giving a great duel between Anne & Sasha but also a fun one with Sprig vs. Grime (altough I did find it a little frustrating that Sasha never once told Anne to take a look at the mural. Maybe it could've helped a little?). Then the toads are kept at bay with the gates closed & both Sasha and Grime defeated and captured and the episode gets into the second half, of which I already could see things taking a turn for the worse (in the beginning, almost thought they were gonna throw a curveball on Andrias and reveal he's not bad, but then I remembered him speaking to that eye creature which reminded me that he is not a good guy by a long shot). 

Of course, Andrias keeps the box to himself and the real drama starts, with him revealing the past of him and Newtopia in a great bit of flashback image storytelling (which essentially is him wanting to restore the city's glory days and himself as a conqueror who plans to invade all the worlds; seems like I was right when theorizing) & naturally, the truth about Marcy comes out (being the one who got Anne to take the box so they could all be together forever since she had a fight with her parents due to a planned move before the incident, which she tells her friends about and tries to make them understand); this part was so heartbreaking with her tearing up and they just giving her the cold shoulder and turning away in disappointment (I think it was a daring choice to make Marcy be the perp behind the premise). So Andrias hook up the charged box to his castle which is powered up and it rises in the sky as it floats upwards (nice 'Castle In The Sky' reference). 

I enjoyed how the underground frog robot factory (or factories, really) came back with these dark, red eyed robots (reminded me of the Darktroopers from 'The Mandalorian') being rapidly produced and flew to the castle, setting up a big fight which was probably the most exciting part: some great action with the group all getting their chance to shine, aside from Lady Olivia who felt kinda useless; lol (plus neat with some literal character growth as Polly sprouts her legs, though Frobo getting "killed"/destroyed was sad). Andrias holding Sprig hostage was an intense moment and once the villain dropped him, I got worried for a moment (but then I understood they wouldn't kill a main character). The moment that followed with Anne drawing power from her stone from the box and goes all superpower on Andrias I found the visually best moment (very animé like) and Marcy rescues Sprig with the help of Joe Sparrow (whom I knew was gonna help) I enjoyed. 

The little mini reunion with the weakened Anne & the Plantars was sweet and the penultimate moment of Marcy essentially sacrificing herself by snatching the box and making it work to send Anne home was a great finale. I did see "Mar-Mar's" fate coming, especially after Anne grabbed the Plantars and jumped into the light but it still doesn't make it any less shocking and heartbreaking, especially as she apologized before collapsing (though we didn't get any confirmation of her status, which is intriguing); I know there was a lot of intensity and violence n the episode, but I think the Disney censors got the most worked up about that moment. Then comes the last bit and its a great stinger and sequel hook (Anne, along with the Plantars, having ended up the human world, specificially Anne's hometown, which makes it obvious S3 is gonna be kinda an inverse of the show's premise, now with "frog people in a human world", which I think is an interesting direction. 

As for the post-credits bit, I looked it up on YouTube and it seems like it is the brand new intro for Season 3 (which I think was a great addition and choice of "extra" footage). I obviously really liked it and a lot of what was shown is intriguing (plus if I didn't see things wrong, it seemed to hint to Marcy's ultimate fate after her sacrifice; however, I'm not sure if they should've revealed it so soon, though I guess for little kids it softens the blow of what happened to her, if just a little). 

So yeah, overall this was a very good season finale that had pretty much allI could wish for. My main problem is that it did feel too short, almost rushed as it felt so jam packed of exciting fast paced stuff, and could've been a 44 minute special instead to space things out, give more breathing room and add more punch to a lot of important, dramatic moments (as the story was so intense & quick paced and there being so much that was going on here, some things I felt didn't get the right gravitas they needed), but as a whole I think it still worked out nicely and I'm left satisfied until the next season (which I too am guessing is likely half a year away, if not more).
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 05-23-2021 at 09:36 AM.
    Season 32: Undercover Burns - 3/5 / I, Carumbus - 4/5 / Now Museum, Now You Don't - 1.5/5 / Treehouse Of Horror XXXI - 4/5 / The 7 Beer Itch - 1/5 / Podcast News - 3.5/5 / Three Dreams Denied - 2/5 / The Road to Cincinnati - 4/5 / Sorry Not Sorry - 3/5 / A Springfield Summer Christmas For Christmas - 2.5/5 / The Dad-Feelings Limited - 4/5 / Diary Queen - 2.5/5 / Wad Goals - 4/5 / Yokel Hero - 1.5/5 / Do PizzaBots Dream Of Electric Guitars? - 2.5/5 / Manger Things - 1.5/5 / Uncut Femmes - 4/5 / Burger Kings - 1.5/5 / Panic In The Streets Of Springfield - 3/5 / Mother And Child Reunion - 2.5/5 / The Man From G.R.A.M.P.A. - 3.5/5 / The Last Barfighter - 4.5/5

Quote Originally Posted by CousinMerl View Post
     I did see "Mar-Mar's" fate coming, especially after Anne grabbed the Plantars and jumped into the light but it still doesn't make it any less shocking and heartbreaking, especially as she apologized before collapsing (though we didn't get any confirmation of her status, which is intriguing); I know there was a lot of intensity and violence n the episode, but I think the Disney censors got the most worked up about that moment. 
     Well... I sure didn't expect them to go as far as to stabbing Marcy which as I already mentioned broke me even greater than it did @Wile E. the Brain because 1. Not only could I believe that they showed a child being impaled and have it have actual gravitas unlike when Marco was stabbed in the finale of Star vs. the Forces of Evil where it barely mattered but 2. It was another example of how I always end up having the worst luck when the character of a specific show that I watch who becomes my favorite ends up being the one who tends to go through the most pain, misery and/or suffering (besides the stabbing, everything else regarding her here wasn't any less heartbreaking)... In particular, seeing Marcy getting stabbed triggered flashbacks of when Poison Ivy from Harley Quinn suffered the same fate in the second to last episode of the first season. 

It is believed that Marcy getting stabbed is what caused the initial delay and that the reason why it happened so suddenly is that they didn't bother to view the episode earlier and object to the scene then which... Honestly is a level of short sightedness that's so shocking if proven true because you'd think they'd view the episodes in advance and not wait until the last minute and then object to it after they've been running promos for it all week! And then of course they further prove how absent minded they come across as by not bothering to pull the episode from iTunes at first despite having at least a good half day to do so! 

That said, the leak is honestly the best thing that could've happened to this episode because without it there's no way that that scene would've been allowed to be officially released fully intact. And if it had been censored even after the leak, they more than likely would've suffered a much bigger backlash than the one they were already under for allowing the episode to leak in the first place and as I already stated I was prepared to take my own personal stance against them had that been the case! 

As for the post-credits bit, I looked it up on YouTube and it seems like it is the brand new intro for Season 3 (which I think was a great addition and choice of "extra" footage). I obviously really liked it and a lot of what was shown is intriguing (plus if I didn't see things wrong, it seemed to hint to Marcy's ultimate fate after her sacrifice; however, I'm not sure if they should've revealed it so soon, though I guess for little kids it softens the blow of what happened to her, if just a little). 
     The new intro from what I've seen has been receiving a little bit of blowback mainly from some people being like "Oh, this is what the show will be now?" regarding what was shown in the human world making it look more light and fluffy. But it's like they ignore the shots of the evil variation of Frobo chasing them or the sky filled with robotic dragonflies which to me makes me think "Yes, it'll be like this... At first but I'm sure it won't be permeant". As for me, I was mostly fine with what was shown in the human world though I'd probably get quickly tired of the Planters being chased by paparazzi's if that were to become a recurring thread. 

I feel like showing the intro for Season 3 was one of the ways they were able to convince Disney not to censor the episode by showing that Marcy is alive even if it's in a way that reminds me of Dr. Freeze's wife instead of leaving their audience in a lurch for at least half a year about what her ultimate fate was (I'll even admit that I would've been a little uneasy about the last I would see of her for however long it'll be being her presumably lifeless body falling to the ground). 

Lastly, here's the comparison showing the mistake in the leaked release that was fixed for the official one:

Quote Originally Posted by John95 View Post
     Well... I sure didn't expect them to go as far as to stabbing Marcy which as I already mentioned broke me even greater than it did @Wile E. the Brain because 1. Not only could I believe that they showed a child being impaled and have it have actual gravitas unlike when Marco was stabbed in the finale of Star vs. the Forces of Evil where it barely mattered but 2. It was another example of how I always end up having the worst luck when the character of a specific show that I watch who becomes my favorite ends up being the one who tends to go through the most pain, misery and/or suffering (besides the stabbing, everything else regarding her here wasn't any less heartbreaking)... In particular, seeing Marcy getting stabbed triggered flashbacks of when Poison Ivy from Harley Quinn suffered the same fate in the second to last episode of the first season. 
     Well yeah. Even though I did still have that lingering feel I had that they were building up to something like that (especially with her having her back turned on Andrias and me slightly recalling maybe having glimpsed a small out of context screenshot on some board for a brief moment when briefly forgot my self-implemented external image forum ban), I definitely agree with you that it was a surprise, with them really going the extra length there and maybe a step too far to big fans of the character. Still, I think the character stuff was strong here, maybe especially everything that involved Marcy (that flashback intro added so much; I suppose you also saw the Bill Cipher reference in the book, which I wonder how it could exist in the human world, which I suppose will be explored?) and I'm still glad they actually did have the balls to include a possible death of a major character (and often, it is the nice ones like the woobies that have the worst luck), but then again, there was no confirmation she died. I think they'll handle this way better than that useless last minute Marco thing in SvTFoE you mentioned. 

Also, I'm even more sure now it was definitely the reason Disney pulled the episode, but like you, I still think it's really weird they objected to it right before the airing and didn't hold it back earlier. I'd really like to know what was going on (maybe it was one or two higher ups who suddenly got cold feet after having given it a go before?) but I'm sure we will never find out, probably. It is quite possible that what you say about the leak doing the scene good in the long run, as I can completely see them censoring it to some degree if it hadn't leaked, but we'll probably never find out about that as well (but the theory is still on the table, of course). Good stuff for 'Amphibia' theorists, I think. 

And those critics of season 3 I think have a narrow view of what is coming up, as the intro clearly shows a lot of conflict (like the robot chasing them, which leads me to guess they'll have to combat enemy invaders like scouts and such, maybe leading up to a huge battle for the finale?) and I'm sure there will be other interesting things going on with the Plantars among humans, like maybe conflicts and bigotry (one thing I hope is that they'll be met with the same fear and disgust Anne did when she arrived in Amphibia; after all these are talking frog people so people should be scared and freaking out & some government agency would probably want to capture and examine them. I'd hate it if the humans would immediately accept these anthro amphibians and shrug it off at once, sorta like in SvTFoE where monsters and demons and magic was no biggie at all; holding my thumbs Braly & co will deliver). 

I too suspect it was that brief with with what looks like Marcy in a vat of liquid (either healed or a clone, maybe?) was that convinced the execs to release the episode uncut) so it made sense they'd include it, especially as a extra after the credits themselves (which I think were really nicely done, by the way). 

And as for that animation mistake, that's a big oof! Who's that random newt guy they put there instead of Lady Olivia? Placeholder character they forgot to replace, I'm guessing. What were those other mistakes you said you caught? (and if there's anything else you've waited to talk about, feel free to spill the beans or so to say).
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 05-23-2021 at 02:10 PM.

@CousinMerl,  I did spot Bill, but I was more appreciative of the Gargoyles reference on the following page. And I think they were in there just as references to other Disney properties of the past which has become more common with the current shows. 

At most, the farthest I go with what happened to Marcy is that she was fatality injured but barely survived (I'd speculate that she was saved by her armor taking a portion of it). But even if she had died, before the Season 3 intro yesterday I knew it likely wouldn't be permanent because of the thought of one of the human girls not making it back home would be too depressing, especially with how her parents would react to learning their daughter was dead and the last time they saw her alive was when she ran away. 

In the past few weeks leading up to the official release as well as the reveal of the new airdate, I saw speculation that the reason for the delay was that they were gonna force Matt and his crew to change the ending to have it be that Marcy is kidnapped somehow instead of being stabbed as the reason why she was left behind. 

I'm pretty sure the Marcy that's inside the vat is the real one, I don't really see them going the clone route. 

The only other mistake I caught in the leaked release (and was the one that is still in the official release) is that in all the shots of  the castle hovering up the sky in the background is moving downward to add to the illusion but there is one shot where they forget to do that and you can tell because the clouds remain static.  Still, of the two mistakes it's the more non-noteworthy when compared to random newt in place of Lady Olivia.

Thread Information