Thread: Songs that sound alike.

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Songs that sound alike.

Music is all about being influenced. But some people are just a bit more "influenced" than others. Not saying there's anything wrong with it, some of my favorite songs are total ripoffs! Here are some songs that I think sound really similar:

Never Say Die by Black Sabbath, from the 1977 album Never Say Die, has in my opinion a similar sounding riff to The Boys are Back in Town by Thin Lizzy from their 1976 album Jailbreak.

Judas Priest's Living after Midnight, from their 1980 album British Steel, had quite a similar opening chord progression to UFO's Too hot to Handle, from Lights Out, their 1977 album.

Here Comes your Man by the Pixies, off their 1989 album Doolittle, has an opening progression very much like that of Picture Book by the Kinks on their 1968 album The Kinks Are the Village Green Preservation Society.

Spill the Blood from Slayer's 1988 album South of Heaven, from about 30 seconds in, features riffs that sound like they could have influenced those in Junkhead from 1992's Dirt by Alice in Chains.

Ted Nugent's Cat Scratch Fever, from his 1977 album Cat Scratch Fever, has guitar riffs that are extremely reminiscent of Deep Purple's Smoke on the Water, from their 1972 Machine Head album.

I've mentioned Alice in Chains, and their acoustic track Don't Follow from their 1994 EP Jar of Flies, has a fairly similar progression to REM's Everybody Hurts, from their 1992 album Automatic for the People.

Those were just six off the top of my head. If you have any more to tell me about, I'd love to hear them.

My favorite is that Nirvana song that's like inception levels of similar

I love boobies! Financial Panther's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The national anthems of the United Kingdom and Liechtenstein and the royal anthem of Norway have the same tune. Liechtenstein’s has an extra refrain at the end, though.
    Favorite and least favorite by season
    1. Krusty Gets Busted There’s No Disgrace Like Home 2. Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3. Homer at the Bat Like Father, Like Clown 4. Brother From the Same Planet Krusty Gets Kancelled 5. Cape Feare Lady Bouvier’s Lover 6. Homer Badman Another Simpsons Clip Show 7. King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8. Homer’s Enemy El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer 9. Bart Carny The Trouble With Trillions 10. Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: “Kidney Trouble” 11. Guess Who’s Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12. HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13. Tales From the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14. The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15. I, Annoyed Grunt)-bot Bart-Mangled Banner 16. A Star is Torn On a Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister 17. My Fair Laddy Bonfire of the Manatees 18. The Haw-Hawed Couple You Kent Always Say What You Want 19. Funeral for a Fiend All About Lisa 20. Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21. The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22. Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23. The Falcon and the D’ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24. Hardly Kirk-ing Moonshine River 25. The War of Art What to Expect When Bart’s Expecting 26. Sky Police Let’s Go Fly a Coot 27. Halloween of Horror Lisa With an ‘S’ 28. There Will Be Buds Moho House 29. Springfield Splendor Throw Grampa From the Dane

SuperFriend Rembrandt Q. Einstein's Avatar

I think "Black or White" by Michael Jackson is very similar to "1999" by Prince

Blog Entries

ho happy jackie by az & MHBs by madlib

Dire Straits Money for Nothing and Police's Don't Stand So Close To Me
    Robin Thicke Blurred Lines and Marvin Gaye's Got To Give It Up
    Tom Petty Won't Back Down and Sam Smith's Stay With Me
    Vanilla Ice Ice Ice Baby and Queen's Under Pressure

all of these were close enough to have legal action
    Pokemon Moon Friend Code 5473-2104-2310
    Looking for shiny, legendary, and mythical. Got shiny Sandshrew (Alola)
    Have various starters, zorua, can breed many pokemon.
    Current egg move hatching: Tyrunt with fire fang

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrandt Q. Einstein View Post
    I think "Black or White" by Michael Jackson https://lucky-ladys-charm-777.com/ is very similar to "1999" by Prince
    Agree!
    Last edited by graisen; 07-11-2019 at 12:54 AM.

8. Thumbs Up To This Post by: cam

Quote Originally Posted by SlashNBurn View Post
    Here Comes your Man by the Pixies, off their 1989 album Doolittle, has an opening progression very much like that of Picture Book by the Kinks on their 1968 album The Kinks Are the Village Green Preservation Society.
    weird you'd pick that pixies song (which doesn't even really sound alike) when green day has a song that's pretty much note-for-note jacking that same kinks song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eebfMFzJHNs

Quote Originally Posted by box elder View Post
    weird you'd pick that pixies song (which doesn't even really sound alike) when green day has a song that's pretty much note-for-note jacking that same kinks song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eebfMFzJHNs
    I'm not very familiar with anything Green Day did post-Dookie.

Blog Entries

"Redemption Blues" by Miracle of Sound has kind of a musical riff similar to "Otherside" by Red Hot Chili Peppers.

12. Thumbs Up To This Post by: SlashNBurn

Thread Information