Thread: Simple jokes and gags you find really funny

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

don't quite cover all CousinMerl's Avatar

Simple jokes and gags you find really funny

Post jokes and gags that are very simple and uncomplicated (as opposed to more intelligent and complex) and you find really funny.

I was rewatching 'The Last Temptation Of Krust' recently and that bit of Bart doing an impression of Marge (complete with a towel wrapped high up on his head) in front of the rest of the family cracked me up a lot. Just him imitating Marge with the nagging and the murmuring is funny on it's own but what sells it aside from Nancy Cartwright's hilarous line delivery is Homer and Lisa laughing their asses off while Marge sits there quietly and displeased with a glare. Maybe my favorite gag of the episode.

2. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Szyslak100

I love the presentation of Rowan Priddis in A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again. It makes me laugh that it rests anywhere in the cruise. You did not ask me why, but I'm having fun hahaha.

4. Thumbs Up To This Post by: MDB

Homer asking the kids if he should drive over the cactus patch. Bart and Lisa say yes, Sideshow Bob hidden under the car says no. 2 against 1, they go for the cactus patch. I'm not really a fan of Sideshow Bob but I loved this little bit of cartoon violence.
    Pokemon Moon Friend Code 5473-2104-2310
    Looking for shiny, legendary, and mythical. Got shiny Sandshrew (Alola)
    Have various starters, zorua, can breed many pokemon.
    Current egg move hatching: Tyrunt with fire fang

If background gags count, the small details embellishing the Duff Brewery (like barrels of three 'different' varieties of Duff being channeled from one overhead transport pipe and the visuals of the QC line (I love the casual attitude of the employee stationed there towards finding a syringe in a beer bottle, as if it's merely an everyday fixture of his job), including a certain infamous dictator's head. It's an excellent example of how animation direction can be used to complement a script comedically (an art all but lost to the vast majority of the current seasons).

7. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Szyslak100

Getting carried away on you Venomrabbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries

There's two from the more recent seasons that stick out, or at least HD era.

In A Totally Fun Thing Bart Will Never Do Again, when the jar gets filled overnight Bart thinks the devil did it and goes to complete his end of the bargain. I think the delivery sold it more than anything.

There's also Bart Stops To Smell the Roosevelts when Bart and the bullies lock down the school and he shoves Lisa into the supply closet and she pretends there's a phone in there. She just sticks her tongue out when Bart checks before getting shut in, dunno why that's funny to me but it is.

9. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Szyslak100

Have Brain, Will Travel Wile E. the Brain's Avatar

An example from recent seasons that quickly came to my mind, it's in Daddicus Finch, when Homer watches TV and confuses lottery with weather. It's a very simple joke but this one cracked me up for some reason.

You know what they say after all, sometimes it's easier to make laugh with a simple joke than with some hyper elaborate joke.

11. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Szyslak100

''ill be in the cold cold ground before I recognise misura''

Getting carried away on you Venomrabbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Oh, another one I keep thinking of. Drederick Tatum stopping a prison riot by telling everyone to shut up.

Think Wile.E brought up a good point there. Go too elaborate and you run the risk of being predictable. Unless of course you subvert what you set up like in The PTA Disbands. ("Of course for safety reasons, we don't keep the cannon loaded. It's just common sense!")

Executive Vice President Financial Panther's Avatar
    Blog Entries

A simple slapstick gag, but so hilarious.
    Favorite and least favorite by season
    1. Krusty Gets Busted There’s No Disgrace Like Home 2. Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3. Homer at the Bat Like Father, Like Clown 4. Brother From the Same Planet Krusty Gets Kancelled 5. Cape Feare Lady Bouvier’s Lover 6. Homer Badman Another Simpsons Clip Show 7. King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8. Homer’s Enemy El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer 9. Bart Carny The Trouble With Trillions 10. Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: “Kidney Trouble” 11. Guess Who’s Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12. HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13. Tales From the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14. The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15. I, Annoyed Grunt)-bot Bart-Mangled Banner 16. A Star is Torn On a Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister 17. My Fair Laddy Bonfire of the Manatees 18. The Haw-Hawed Couple You Kent Always Say What You Want 19. Funeral for a Fiend All About Lisa 20. Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21. The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22. Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23. The Falcon and the D’ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24. Hardly Kirk-ing Moonshine River 25. The War of Art What to Expect When Bart’s Expecting 26. Sky Police Let’s Go Fly a Coot 27. Halloween of Horror Lisa With an ‘S’ 28. There Will Be Buds Moho House 29. Springfield Splendor Throw Grampa From the Dane

"I cant let that happen, I wont let that happen and I cant let that happen"

Quote Originally Posted by CousinMerl View Post
    Post jokes and gags that are very simple and uncomplicated (as opposed to more intelligent and complex) and you find really funny.

I was rewatching 'The Last Temptation Of Krust' recently and that bit of Bart doing an impression of Marge (complete with a towel wrapped high up on his head) in front of the rest of the family cracked me up a lot. Just him imitating Marge with the nagging and the murmuring is funny on it's own but what sells it aside from Nancy Cartwright's hilarous line delivery is Homer and Lisa laughing their asses off while Marge sits there quietly and displeased with a glare. Maybe my favorite gag of the episode.
    Take that, Marge.
    Do you kids wanna be like the real U.N., or do you just wanna squabble and waste time?

Quote Originally Posted by Venomrabbit View Post
    Oh, another one I keep thinking of. Drederick Tatum stopping a prison riot by telling everyone to shut up.

Think Wile.E brought up a good point there. Go too elaborate and you run the risk of being predictable. Unless of course you subvert what you set up like in The PTA Disbands. ("Of course for safety reasons, we don't keep the cannon loaded. It's just common sense!")
    Also this:

Hello Springfield, I'm heavyweight champ Drederick Tatum issuing a challenge to see who can sell the most candy, winners will become honorary bad boys at the next Isotopes home game, proceeds will go to keeping people like me off the street, I can't help myself, punch and grope, punch and grope, its all I was taught

Actually I was thinking about when Homer sells his soul for a donut. Homer keeping a piece of the donut in the fridge for some stupid reason. The torture device in the Hell Labs Ironic Punishment Division and wondering who the hell is James Coco. But I love Bart pestering Satan and then going nah and Marge looking in phone book for a lawyer and going to the cheesiest ad that offers her cases won or your pizza free.

Now if you don't understand why that's suppose to be funny about the lawyer joke, here it is: in 1979, Two things happen: 1. I was born and 2. Domino's offered free pizza if it wasn't delivered in 30 minutes or less. You can guess how smart that was?

Btw, if you don't know what a phone book is, you sicken me.

don't quite cover all CousinMerl's Avatar

I probably mentioned this before, but in 'Simpson Safari' when Homer looks at the cracker box in search of a map of Africa and chuckles about the grinning monkey pictured on it. That one is the definition of simple (and simplistic) but it just cracks me up.

I also remembered when Homer accidentally lifting Bart up dangerously close to the spinning ceiling fan to showing off his strong muscle arms in 'King Of The Hill' had me laughing for a while. I guess it's the rapid fire way it's done with Bart's worried "Whoa" and Homer replying "Damn right" (mistaking Bart's worried expression for him being impressed with Homer's strength) before swiftly cutting to the next scene that makes it.

In The Bart Wants What It Wants when Homer is aggressively jumping in the moon bounce and then destroys it. It's hilarious to me a grown man would do that, apologize and then walk away sad with his head down

also

21. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Shoskin

Quote Originally Posted by Venomrabbit View Post
    There's two from the more recent seasons that stick out, or at least HD era.

In A Totally Fun Thing Bart Will Never Do Again, when the jar gets filled overnight Bart thinks the devil did it and goes to complete his end of the bargain. I think the delivery sold it more than anything.

There's also Bart Stops To Smell the Roosevelts when Bart and the bullies lock down the school and he shoves Lisa into the supply closet and she pretends there's a phone in there. She just sticks her tongue out when Bart checks before getting shut in, dunno why that's funny to me but it is.
    Well you can look at it as Bart and Lisa role reversal. Bart is leading the good fight and Lisa is acting like Bart. Lisa sticking her tongue out is very unLisa.

In the episode Burn, Baby Burn this dialog always makes me chuckle:

Bart: He's great at pointing out everyone's foibles.
    Larry: Hey, how're ya doing. Ooh! Look at your hair! What happened? You saw yourself in the mirror?
    Bart: He's kiddin', Mom. But seriously, I'd love to have hair like yours. I just can't get the zoning permits.
    Lisa: Hey, that reminds me, Mom; Buckingham Palace called. They want their hat back.
    [Marge growls]
    Larry: Hey kids, how about a hand for your Mom? She's all right.
    [everyone applauds and cheers for Marge]
    Marge: [more shy than annoyed] Oh, yeah, thank you.

The kids poking fun of Marge shows something the kids don't really do to her. Lisa joke is the funniest. It reminds me of how. Y sis and I looked at our parents.

I do miss the crank calls btw. I always love a good Moe rant.

Have Brain, Will Travel Wile E. the Brain's Avatar

I rewatched Brush with Greatness recently, I forgot half of the episode since it was a long time I didn't rewatched it, and the little joke with Lombardo being ecstatic over some guy painting a handrail made me laugh so hard, despite its very simple nature (even if it's to highlight the fact he's easily ecstatic, but still, that's hilarious).

Thread Information