Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 31 Information Thread

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Chatting Simpsons Since '93 Brad Lascelle's Avatar

Already hit the end of the last production run with that listing. THOH XXX (YABF18) will air on the 20th as the show's pre-determined 666th episode. Thanksgiving of Horror will, presumably, air on November 24th.

That leaves three open spots in November and only two holdovers with which to fill them... the conspicuously delayed The Incredible Lightness of Being a Baby (YABF13) and Gorillas on the Mast (YABF20).

I'm curious to see whether Baby continues to slip and what ZABF episode jumps up to plug the hole. It won't be Bobby, It's Cold Outside as the title clearly implies that's this year's Christmas episode and should air on December 15th. Marge the Lumberjill is on deck.
    Last edited by Brad Lascelle; 09-16-2019 at 08:58 AM.
    SEASON 31 RANKINGS
    The Winter of Our Monetized Content - 1.5/5 / Go Big or Go Homer - 2.5/5 / The Fat Blue Line - 3.5/5
    THOH XXX = Danger Things - 2.5/5 / Heaven Swipes Right - 1.5/5 / When Hairy Met Slimy - 2/5
    Gorillas on the Mast - 3.5/5 / Marge the Lumberjill - 2/5 / Livin' la Pura Vida - 5/5
    THANKSGIVING OF HORROR = A-Gobble-ypto - 3/5 / The Fourth Thursday After Tomorrow - 5/5 / The Last Thanksgiving - 3.5/5
    Todd, Todd, Why Hast Thou Forsaken Me? - 3.5/5 / Bobby, It's Cold Outside - 2.5/5 / Hail to the Teeth - 1.5/5
    The Miseducation of Lisa Simpson - 2/5 / Frinkcoin - ?/5 / Bart the Bad Guy - ?/5
    Screenless - ?/5 / Highway to Well - ?/5 / Better Off Ned - ?/5

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Lascelle View Post
    Already hit the end of the last production run with that listing. THOH XXX (YABF18) will air on the 20th as the show's pre-determined 666th episode. Treehouse of Horror will, presumably, air on November 24th.
    Did you mean Thanksgiving of Horror?
    IMHO the best and the worst episodes of each season (in bold — the best and worst of overall series, upd. 10/01/20 with trilogy episodes):
    1. There’s No Disgrace Like Home/Homer’s Night Out 2. Old Money/Simpson and Delilah 3. Mr. Lisa Goes to Washington/Homer Alone 4. Homer’s Triple Bypass/Marge in Chains 5. Secrets of a Successful Marriage/Homer and Apu 6. Two Dozen and One Greyhounds/A Star Is Burns 7. Home Sweet Homediddly-Dum-Doodily/Treehouse of Horror VI 8. My Sister, My Sitter/The Simpsons Spin-Off Showcase 9. Miracle on Evergreen Terrace/The Principal and the Pauper 10. Wild Barts Can’t Be Broken/Simpsons Bible Stories 11. Days of Wine and D’oh’ses/Bart to the Future 12. Homer vs. Dignity/New Kids on the Blecch 13. Poppa’s Got a Brand New Badge/Weekend at Burnsie’s 14. Moe Baby Blues/Brake My Wife, Please 15. Fraudcast News/Co-Dependent’s Day 16. Sleeping with the Enemy/Future-Drama 17. Bonfire of the Manatees/Kiss Kiss, Bang Bangalore 18. The Wife Aquatic/Revenge Is a Dish Best Served Three Times 19. Eternal Moonshine of the Simpson Mind/Smoke on the Daughter 20. Coming to Homerica/Four Great Women and a Manicure 21. Chief of Hearts/Treehouse of Horror XX 22. The Ned-Liest Catch/Elementary School Musical 23. A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again/Moe Goes from Rags to Riches 24. Hardly Kirk-ing/Love is a Many-Splintered Thing 25. Brick Like Me/What to Expect When Bart’s Expecting 26. Sky Police/Treehouse of Horror XXV 27. Halloween of Horror/Treehouse of Horror XXVI 28. 22 for 30/Havana Wild Weekend 29. Flanders’ Ladder/Springfield Splendor 30. Baby You Can’t Drive My Car/The Clown Stays in the Picture
    The Simpsons season ratings:
    2 > 3 > 7 > 6 > 1 > 4 > 5 > 8 > 9 > 21 > 27 > 12 > 15 > 20 > 10 > 14 > 19 > 25 > 17 > 29 > 26 > 24 > 13 > 18 > 16 > 28 > 30 > 11 > 23 > 22

I think that thoughts may differ, because so many people, so many opinions.

Personally me, I agree with guesses for Marge the Lumberjill, The Miseducation of Lisa Simpson (about it I said earlier), Frinkcoin and Screenless.
    Maybe for Bart the Bad Guy and The Hatefull Eight-Year-olds.

Probably, in some Selman-runned episode will be the next scene...

It sounds... ̶i̶n̶t̶e̶r̶e̶s̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ awful.

Actually, I know only two charachters named Martha, who has been in the series now:
    https://simpsonswiki.com/wiki/Martha_Prince
    https://simpsonswiki.com/wiki/Martha_Quimby

Mmmmmmmm, floor pie

Say, with the recent announcement about the later start times for the second round of the NFL playoffs, the move of the next Oscars to the week after the Super Bowl, and the Grammys airing at the end of January, here's a crazy scheduling theory: what if the show didn't air any new episodes after 12/15 until 2/16? In other words:
    9/29, 10/6, 10/13, 10/20 - new episodes 1-4
    10/27 - pre-empted for World Series Game 5 (or a repeat, if the series ends in four games)
    11/3, 11/10, 11/17, 11/24 - new episodes 5-8
    12/1 - repeat for Thanksgiving weekend
    12/8, 12/15 - new episodes 9-10
    12/22, 12/29 - repeats for Christmas and New Year's weeks
    1/5 - add a repeat here, so you don't have a break followed by a new episode followed by another break
    1/12 - pre-empted for an NFC playoff game, or a repeat against an AFC playoff game at the same time on CBS
    1/19 - pre-empted for the NFC Championship game (it's Fox's "turn" to have the late game that night)
    1/26 - repeat, against the Grammys on CBS
    2/2 - pre-empted for the Super Bowl (followed by The Masked Singer)
    2/9 - repeat, against the Oscars on ABC
    2/16, 2/23, 3/1, 3/8, 3/15, 3/22, 3/29 - new episodes 11-17
    4/5, 4/12 - repeats on Palm Sunday and Easter
    4/19, 4/26, 5/3, 5/10, 5/17 - new episodes 18-22

"But when do you air 13 episodes of Bless the Harts and Duncanville (or The Great North?"), I heard nobody else ask.
    Family Guy normally only airs 20 episodes in a season; schedule one of its two "nights off" in the first half of the season, and air a second new Bless the Harts in its place that night instead, as well as new episodes on 12/1 and 1/5, and have the second FG night off in the second half of the season, with a second new Duncanville in its place that night.

I think, that it will be new episode in 1/5 (why not? + the episode may have good ratings) and 1/26 (unfortunately, FOX have aired new episodes of The Simpsons against the Grammys for last several years, with ratings fall down as a result). Because of this, there may be no new episodes on 3/22 and 4/19.

No playoff football lead-in episodes virtually assures this season's ratings will crater compared to the last one.
    (I mean, they'll go down regardless but they certainly don't need the extra assist.)

Mmmmmmmm, floor pie

No playoff football lead-in episodes virtually assures this season's ratings will crater compared to the last one.
    (I mean, they'll go down regardless but they certainly don't need the extra assist.)
    There may still be a chance of one playoff lead-in; the second Sunday Wild Card round game still starts at 4:40 Eastern. The question is, who airs it - Fox, CBS, or NBC?

Yeah, this definitely comes off like a Ryan Koh episode...

That said, I do hope this style of episode promo continues from the social media team.

Hercules Rockefeller Homer Samson's Avatar

Marge's voice legitimately sounds so bad I am starting to forgive Sacha Baron Cohen
    Best and Worst Episode per Season:
    1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Night Out 2: One Fish, Two Fish, Blowfish, Blue Fish/Bart's Dog Gets an 'F' 3: Bart the Murderer/Saturdays of Thunder 4: Homer the Heretic/So Its Come To This: A Simpsons Clip Show 5: Cape Feare/Lady Bouvier's Lover 6: Homie the Clown/Another Simpsons Clip Show 7: Raging Abe Simpson and his Grumbling Grandson in " The Curse of the Flying Hellfish"/Scenes From the Class Struggle in Springfield 8: The Springfield Files/The Old Man and the Lisa 9: The City of New York vs. Homer Simpson/Miracle on Evergreen Terrace 10: Mayored to the Mob/Homer Simpson in: Kidney Trouble 11: Grift of the Magi/Eight Misbehavin' 12: Trilogy of Error/I'm Goin' to Praiseland 13: The Blunder Years/The Lastest Gun in the West 14: Moe Baby Blues/The Strong Arms of the Ma 15: My Mother the Carjacker/Co-Dependent's Day 16: The Heartbroke Kid/Homer and Ned's Hail Mary Pass 17: The Seemingly Never-Ending Story/The Bonfire of the Manatees 18: The Mook, The Chef, The Wife, and Her Homer/The Boys of Bummer 19: Eternal Moonshine of the Simpson Mind/Husbands and Knives 20: Gone Maggie Gone/Lisa the Drama Queen 21: The Squirt and the Whale/The Greatest Story Ever D'ohed 22: Homer Scissorhands/The Fight Before Christmas 23: The Book Job/Lisa Goes Gaga 24: The Saga of Carl/Love is a Many-Splintered Thing 25: Brick Like Me/What to Expect When Bart's Expecting 26: Sky Police/The Musk Who Fell to Earth 27: Barthood/Every Man's Dream 28: 22 for 30/The Caper Chase 29: Flanders' Ladder/Singin' in the Lane 30: Woo-hoo Dunnit?/I Want You (She's So Heavy)

12. Thumbs Up To This Post by: bboynexus

100% dumbass
    Blog Entries

I did notice but was able to overlook her voice before but now it feels like Julie's really struggling to do the voice at all. Considering what happened not too long ago, I'm getting a little concerned about her health...

Quote Originally Posted by Venomrabbit View Post
    I did notice but was able to overlook her voice before but now it feels like Julie's really struggling to do the voice at all. Considering what happened not too long ago, I'm getting a little concerned about her health...
    What happened to her?

I don't think health is an issue. It's simply a matter of age and possibly some damage to her vocals cords after three decades of voicing this particular character. She's 69 and her voice acting as Marge has been in decline since the start of the HD era.
    SEASON 31 GRADES

The Winter of Our Monetized Content - 3/5 / Go Big or Go Homer - 2.5/5 / The Fat Blue Line - 3/5
    Treehouse of Horror XXX - 2/5 / Gorillas on the Mast - 2.5/5 / Marge the Lumberjill - 2/5
    Livin' La Pura Vida - 4.5/5 / Thanksgiving of Horror - 5/5 / Todd, Todd, Why Hast Thou Forsaken Me? - 3.5/5
    Bobby, It's Cold Outside - 2.5/5 / Hail to the Teeth - 2/5 / The Miseducation of Lisa Simpson - ?/5
    Frinkcoin - ?/5 / Bart the Bad Guy - ?/5 / Screenless - ?/5 / Better off Ned - ?/5

100% dumbass
    Blog Entries

Oh not to her, mostly about Russi Taylor's passing from cancer, that I think was kept hidden while she was alive.

Considering not long before that happened, Martin's voice in E-My Sports was either particularly off or done by someone else, I'm probably just being a worrywart and seeing parallels that aren't actually there... maybe it's nothing to worry about but she sounds so strained.

The promo images for Go Big or Go Homer are on FoxFlash now.
    Can anyone indead pictures in this thread?

@The B Sure thing!

19. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Szyslak100

A callback to The Town and what I believe to be food jokes? Is this a Selman one?

Yeah, this definitely comes off like a Ryan Koh episode...

They forgot the jokes.
    Soon Season 31

Mmmmmmmm, floor pie

What - am I the only one that reads The Futon Critic on Thursday afternoons?

A PICKPOCKET TARGETS FESTIVAL GOERS ON AN ALL-NEW "THE SIMPSONS" SUNDAY, OCTOBER 13, ON FOX

Jason Momoa and Bob Odenkirk Make Guest-Voice Appearances

During the San Castellanta street festival, much of the town realizes their wallets have been pickpocketed. After the state investigator puts the wrong man in jail, Chief Wiggum sets out to clear his name, catch the real criminal and show he's still up for police work in the all-new "The Fat Blue Line" episode of THE SIMPSONS airing Sunday, Oct. 13 (8:00-8:30 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (SI-3022) (TV-PG L, V)

Voice Cast: Dan Castellaneta as Homer Simpson; Julie Kavner as Marge Simpson; Nancy Cartwright as Bart Simpson and Nelson; Yeardley Smith as Lisa Simpson; Hank Azaria as Moe; Harry Shearer as Skinner; Tress MacNeille as Dolph; Pamela Hayden as Milhouse; Harry Shearer as Flanders

Guest Voice Cast: Jason Momoa as Himself, Bob Odenkirk as Mob Lawyer
    Also, THOH XXIX airs at 7:00 that night - the reason it doesn't air the same night as THOH XXX is, that's a Fox NFL doubleheader day

22. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Szyslak100

No Joe Mantegna credit once again.
    And yet he's apparently in both Go Big or Go Homer and The Fat Blue Line as Fat Tony according to Jean. Very curious.

No Joe Mantegna credit once again.
    And yet he's apparently in both Go Big or Go Homer and The Fat Blue Line as Fat Tony according to Jean. Very curious.
    I don't know, he is kinda like the Julie Kavner of guest stars. He sounds awful since Donnie Fatso.

Speaking of Donnie Fatso, I like that episode but I think Fat Tony's death might have been what ruined the mob episodes. After that we got awful crap like Penny-Wiseguys, The Real Housewives of Fat Tony, and worst of all, What to Expect When Bart's Expecting. However, 22 for 30 was great and the subplot to Whistler's Father was a nice break from the boring main plot so I expect at least one of these episodes to be good.

I have higher hopes for Go Big or Go Homer in that it's a suspected Selman episode, is written by Frink and isn't being as leveraged for its celebrity tie-ins.

I can see The Fat Blue Line having a never-ending scene where Bob Odenkirk recreates the bit with the sloths from Zootopia where the writers think it's the most hilarious thing ever while the rest of us are like "we've seen that joke already, it's not yours and you're not improving on it".

Bill Odenkirk has a reasonably good track record on The Simpsons relative to most of his peers (I think I score his episodes an average of 3.5), so I'm cautiously optimistic about this one.

Sounds like Pranksta Rap

One Selman-runned episode with Fat Tony and one Jean-runned episode with Fat Tony in a row. It's interesting a bit.
    Anyway, it's strangely, that both episodes don't have sub-plots.

We have information on the episode to air on October 13, 2019

SIMPSONS, THE
    Air Date: Sunday, October 13, 2019
    Time Slot: 8:00 PM-8:30 PM EST on FOX
    Episode Title: (SI-3022) "The Fat Blue Line"
    VIEW ALL LISTINGS FOR SIMPSONS, THE
    [NOTE: The following article is a press release issued by the aforementioned network and/or company. Any errors, typos, etc. are attributed to the original author. The release is reproduced solely for the dissemination of the enclosed information.]

SUNDAY, OCTOBER 13

[EDITOR'S NOTE: Audio descriptions for tonight's episodes of THE SIMPSONS, BOB'S BURGERS, BLESS THE HARTS and FAMILY GUY are available on the SAP Audio Channel.]

--"THE SIMPSONS" - (8:00-8:30 PM ET/PT) CC-HDTV 720p-Dolby Digital 5.1

A PICKPOCKET TARGETS FESTIVAL GOERS ON AN ALL-NEW "THE SIMPSONS" SUNDAY, OCTOBER 13, ON FOX

Jason Momoa and Bob Odenkirk Make Guest-Voice Appearances

During the San Castellanta street festival, much of the town realizes their wallets have been pickpocketed. After the state investigator puts the wrong man in jail, Chief Wiggum sets out to clear his name, catch the real criminal and show he's still up for police work in the all-new "The Fat Blue Line" episode of THE SIMPSONS airing Sunday, Oct. 13 (8:00-8:30 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (SI-3022) (TV-PG L, V)

Voice Cast: Dan Castellaneta as Homer Simpson; Julie Kavner as Marge Simpson; Nancy Cartwright as Bart Simpson and Nelson; Yeardley Smith as Lisa Simpson; Hank Azaria as Moe; Harry Shearer as Skinner; Tress MacNeille as Dolph; Pamela Hayden as Milhouse; Harry Shearer as Flanders

Guest Voice Cast: Jason Momoa as Himself, Bob Odenkirk as Mob Lawyer

30. Thumbs Up To This Post by: tdnarbmer

Blog Entries

I can see The Fat Blue Line having a never-ending scene where Bob Odenkirk recreates the bit with the sloths from Zootopia where the writers think it's the most hilarious thing ever while the rest of us are like "we've seen that joke already, it's not yours and you're not improving on it".
    what
    Quote Originally Posted by simpsonsbart View Post
    About milk, remember that this word has several meanings...

@biffwestwood You were already beaten to the punch on that one by @That Don Guy.

@friz Al Jean talked about this episode at length in Entertainment Weekly. Pretty much spelled out that there's a joke where Bob Odenkirk's mob lawyer talks super slow because he charges by the minute. You can expect a gag that will go on forever to pad for time. The Momoa pistacho ice cream bit seems like it'll be padding as well.

@bboynexus I don't believe any of Bill Odenkirk's episodes are likely to make our consensus Top 30 HD Era Episode list... and he definitely had an episode in the upper echelon of the Worst Episode list (Love Is a Many Strangled Thing)... so I would dispute that contention.

@ [MENTION=22979]bboynexus I don't believe any of Bill Odenkirk's episodes are likely to make our consensus Top 30 HD Era Episode list... and he definitely had an episode in the upper echelon of the Worst Episode list (Love Is a Many Strangled Thing)... so I would dispute that contention.
    No argument here about Love is a Many Strangled Thing and it's perfectly fine if you disagree, although I maintain that Adventures in Baby-Getting and Forgive and Regret are great (if not exactly flawless) episodes. That's not to mention Million Dollar Maybe and Super Franchise Me, both of which I think are solid efforts. Outside the HD era, I'd argue he wrote one of the best Halloween specials as well.

Junior Camper
    Blog Entries

'Sup people? I just came back from my one week vacation. Wait, don't tell me that the monkey segment for Treehouse of Horror XXX would actually be from The Eye parody that came out in 2008, is it not?

Thread Information