Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2122232425262728293031

Thread: Season 31 Information Thread

(Users Browsing this Thread: TeletubbyMan1998)

Have Brain, Will Travel Wile E. the Brain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The B View Post
    That was… surprised. Jennifer Moeller directed Bart the Bad Guy.
    https://twitter.com/AlJean/status/1227089829071994880
    Neat, I wondered when Moeller would direct another episode after her first shot, more than 10 months ago already, since I thought Girl's in the Band was very well directed.
    It ate EVERYBODY, stupid !

The Winter of Our Monetized Content - 2.5/5 / Go Big or Go Homer - 2/5 / The Fat Blue Line - 3.5/5 / Treehouse of Horror XXX - 2.5/5 / Gorillas on the Mast - 3.5/5 / Marge the Lumberjill - 2/5 / Livin' la Pura Vida - 4/5 / Thanksgiving of Horror - 4/5 / Todd, Todd, Why Hast Thou Forsaken Me - 2.5/5 / Bobby, it's Cold Outside - 2.5/5 / Hail to the Teeth - 1.5/5

Moeller directing 'Bart The Bad Guy' makes it even the more interesting to me, as 'Girl's In The Band' was indeed a well directed episode. Hopefully it is as well written (or nearly), but since it is penned by Vebber (who did the likes of 'The Book Job' and the recent 'Thanksgiving of Horror') I don't think there's any need to worry.

100% dumbass
    Blog Entries

... Again?

Well so much for that ep, I was actually sorta interested in it until now.
    Season 31 thus far

The Winter of Our Monetized Content 3/5 / The Fat Blue Line4/5 / Treehouse of Horror XXX 2/5 / Gorillas on the Mast4/5 / Marge the Lumberjill 3.5/5 / Livin' La Vida Pura 2/5 /
    Thanksgiving of Horror 0/5 / Todd, Todd, Why Hast Thou Forsaken Me? 4.5/5 / Bobby, It's Cold Outside 3/5 / Hail to the Teeth 2/5

Art thread's gone now. If anyone cares, then I guess pm for details on where else I post art to.

Preview for Sunday's FOX Animation Domination. To be honest, I don't know whether it includes some from The Miseducation of Lisa Simpson, 'cause these scenes probably doesn't look they actually do with episode.

UPD. I've just found, that it was also disabled YouTube video embedding (I did it with [video])
    Last edited by The B; 02-11-2020 at 10:07 AM.
    IMHO the best and the worst episodes of each season (in bold — the best and worst of overall series, upd. 10/01/20 with trilogy episodes):
    1. There’s No Disgrace Like Home/Homer’s Night Out 2. Old Money/Simpson and Delilah 3. Mr. Lisa Goes to Washington/Homer Alone 4. Homer’s Triple Bypass/Marge in Chains 5. Secrets of a Successful Marriage/Homer and Apu 6. Two Dozen and One Greyhounds/A Star Is Burns 7. Home Sweet Homediddly-Dum-Doodily/Treehouse of Horror VI 8. My Sister, My Sitter/The Simpsons Spin-Off Showcase 9. Miracle on Evergreen Terrace/The Principal and the Pauper 10. Wild Barts Can’t Be Broken/Simpsons Bible Stories 11. Days of Wine and D’oh’ses/Bart to the Future 12. Homer vs. Dignity/New Kids on the Blecch 13. Poppa’s Got a Brand New Badge/Weekend at Burnsie’s 14. Moe Baby Blues/Brake My Wife, Please 15. Fraudcast News/Co-Dependent’s Day 16. Sleeping with the Enemy/Future-Drama 17. Bonfire of the Manatees/Kiss Kiss, Bang Bangalore 18. The Wife Aquatic/Revenge Is a Dish Best Served Three Times 19. Eternal Moonshine of the Simpson Mind/Smoke on the Daughter 20. Coming to Homerica/Four Great Women and a Manicure 21. Chief of Hearts/Treehouse of Horror XX 22. The Ned-Liest Catch/Elementary School Musical 23. A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again/Moe Goes from Rags to Riches 24. Hardly Kirk-ing/Love is a Many-Splintered Thing 25. Brick Like Me/What to Expect When Bart’s Expecting 26. Sky Police/Treehouse of Horror XXV 27. Halloween of Horror/Treehouse of Horror XXVI 28. 22 for 30/Havana Wild Weekend 29. Flanders’ Ladder/Springfield Splendor 30. Baby You Can’t Drive My Car/The Clown Stays in the Picture
    The Simpsons season ratings:
    2 > 3 > 7 > 6 > 1 > 4 > 5 > 8 > 9 > 21 > 27 > 12 > 15 > 20 > 10 > 14 > 19 > 25 > 17 > 29 > 26 > 24 > 13 > 18 > 16 > 28 > 30 > 11 > 23 > 22

I think that thoughts may differ, because so many people, so many opinions.

100% dumbass
    Blog Entries

I think those are old clips. "Time for unsupervised play" I'm 99% sure is from Orange is the New Yellow.

6. Thumbs Up To This Post by: The B

Junior Camper
    Blog Entries

Okay, now I'm gonna try to ask Al Jean on Twitter about who the director is for Highway to Well. Probably Chris Clements, but who knows?

Interesting interview with Matt Selman about DVDs, upcoming episodes and in the end about "Todd, Todd…me?" etc.
    I think it’s important that we use our universe as elegantly as we can. There’s one coming up in the fall that’s basically just a Skinner/Chalmers road trip show because we know those characters can sustain. Their own relationship is so interesting and compelling and f*cked up that we could do that. I’m always on the lookout for that kind of thing.

Will your Skinner/Chalmers episode call back the “Skinner and the Superintendent” short with steamed hams?

The steamed hams will make an appearance but we don’t want to try to overcapitalize on the steamed hams because then it seems like we’re desperate to try to take old internet passion and feed off of it. It’s more I would say in an Easter egg area. Easter ham. Right? Everyone loves Easter hams
    The Skinner/Chalmers road-trip episode. Apparently, "The Road to Cincinnati". Later season 32 there will probably… Sarah Wiggum episode.
    We’re thinking of doing one where we get to know Sarah Wiggum, Chief Wiggum’s wife. Then people are going to be like, “Okay, you’re really desperate” but she’s a blank slate. You don’t know anything about her. What do you know about Sarah Wiggum? Do you know anything about her? Do you even know what she looks like?

I know what she looks like.

She looks like a she-Wiggum. That’s the whole point. Let’s find these invisible characters and find out what their voices are. People will hate it and say we’re desperate. They’re probably both right.
    P.S. The next paragraph sentence about Bart the Bad Guy make me worried a little)
    We have a Marvel superhero crossover episode that airs soon that everyone is going to think we did to kiss Disney’s butt but we actually did it before the merger.
    P.P.S Oh, I've missed that. Don't know, if it's in BtBG, but sounds intriguing
    The Rick and Morty fans, well, they probably don’t care but there’s something we put in that will probably enrage them in a very specific way. It might have been a bad idea but we’re married to it so we’ll see what happens. I love Rick and Morty.
    Also, promo images for BtBG are on FoxFlash now.
    Last edited by The B; 02-11-2020 at 10:54 PM.

100% dumbass
    Blog Entries

"I think it’s important that we use our universe as elegantly as we can."

Pft, good one.

The Chalmers/Skinner one sounds interesting but I'm not too sure I like the sound of that "f*cked up"

Quote Originally Posted by Venomrabbit View Post
    ... Again?

Well so much for that ep, I was actually sorta interested in it until now.
    Only because Vebber is writing it, I assume? Have you liked any of his episodes?

Oh, and regarding that Selman interview and the selected quotes @The B posted, the Skinner & Chalmers episode seems like it could be a good and entertaining one (though odd they haven't given them their own episode sooner) and I must say that the prospect of a Sarah Wiggum episode sounds kinda exciting in a sense, considering she's always been one of those ignored characters who never got a lot to say or do on screen.

AI don't see anything specific about 'Bart The Bad Guy' that is worth worrying about, not even in the interview)? We already knew it would be a Marvel crossover, have the MCU folks as guest starts and so forth, though it is interesting that the episode was done before the Disney-Fox merger and addressing the 'Rick And Morty' issue is a surprise (I would assume it's the Vindicators thing). Am I missing something?
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 02-12-2020 at 06:59 AM.

100% dumbass
    Blog Entries

Nope. The Book Job had a decent use of a celebrity and that's all the credit I'm giving it. I did try and pull one positive out of his last one... except that was "well at least it'll be a few years til he does another". Shows me for ever thinking positively. Again. Think I'd learn by now but I am an idiot.

Sarah's obviously not my first pick, but I have often complained about how a lot of the female side cast are mostly just satellite characters to either their husbands or Marge/Lisa now so obviously it's still kinda nice. Admittedly with quite a few of other picks I could come up with an idea based on what we already know but I'm drawing a blank on Sarah. On the plus side, the Wiggum Family is pretty adorable and I imagine there's still gonna be a fair bit of Clancy, he's still pretty great even after all of these years as well as an above-average dad.
    I mean my optimism has hit rock bottom but it sounds like it could be good?

Maybe?

I'm not specifically dreading it.

I wanna get really excited for a Chalmskinn ep. Thanks to a friend I've been seeing them differently lately... then again if I get optimistic at all it'll probably end up a disaster. That's just how life works...

Junior Camper
    Blog Entries

I wonder what segments we might be seeing later for THOH XXXI besides the 2020 election segment? I still think that the 2020 election segment might be the intro for THOH XXXI just like THOH XIX did for the 2008 election, what do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by The B View Post
    Interesting interview with Matt Selman
    Fantastic interview. I'm especially happy about the upcoming development of Sarah Wiggum. The poor use of female characters was one of my biggest complaints with the show and, while she wouldn't be my first option (Hoover and Janey can offer lore to me), it could be great anyway.

I kinda like his idea of including their comments about episodes in Disney+. It would be a nice incentive to pay for the platform and get something special.

Bart the Bad Guy sounds promising even if I'm not familiar with Marvel universe. It is without a doubt the most anticipated episode from what left from season 31 so far.
    SEASON 31 - RATINGS
    The Winter of Our Monetized Content: 3/5 / Go Big or Go Homer: 2/5 / The Fat Blue Line: 4/5 / Treehouse of Horror XXX: 4/5 / Gorillas on the Mast: 3/5 / Marge the Lumberjill: 2/5 / Livin' La Pura Vida: 5/5 / Thanksgiving of Horror: 5/5 / Todd, Todd, Why Hast Thou Forsaken Me: 2/5 / Bobby, It's Cold Outside: 3/5 / Hail to the Teeth: 2/5

Quote Originally Posted by CousinMerl View Post
    I must say that the prospect of a Sarah Wiggum episode sounds kinda exciting in a sense, considering she's always been one of those ignored characters who never got a lot to say or do on screen.
    I really can't remind, when she actually said something? Perhaps, there was once, or twice, but I can't remind.

Quote Originally Posted by TeletubbyMan1998 View Post
    I wonder what segments we might be seeing later for THOH XXXI besides the 2020 election segment? I still think that the 2020 election segment might be the intro for THOH XXXI just like THOH XIX did for the 2008 election, what do you guys think?
    Maybe, it will be just THOH opening, or another political clip, due to this year USA election.

Synopsis for Screenless.  The story almost was predicted 
    MARGE MANDATES THAT THE FAMILY REDUCES THEIR SCREEN TIME ON AN ALL-NEW "THE SIMPSONS" SUNDAY, MARCH 8, ON FOX

Werner Herzog and Dr. Drew Pinsky Guest-Voice

Marge implements a screen time limit for the whole family, all of whom all easily adjust to the new lifestyle. However, Marge realizes that she is the one addicted - not her husband and children

Guest Voice Cast: Werner Herzog as Dr. Lund; Dr. Drew Pinsky as Himself
    UPD. First view on Chrissy Taigen and John Legend characters in sneak peek for Sunday's episode.
    https://twitter.com/i/status/1227593201885831170
    Last edited by The B; 02-12-2020 at 12:16 PM.

16. Thumbs Up To This Post by: MDB

The plot of 'Screenless' sounds just about what I thought it would be (one of the adults getting fed up with the family's being at their screen devices and putting a limit to the usage, the others adjust but the former gets addicted; reminds me of when they did a very similar plot on 'The Loud House' in the episode 'Anti-Social' and I'm guessing there's more of these plots in other shows too). With all the tech obsession of today it feels like this could be one of those well-used "standard" TV plot for years to come.

I do look forward to the episode since it sounds like a good Marge story that could be more on the down-to-earth side (which would be a positive; would be nice with more "small" episodes overall).

Quote Originally Posted by CousinMerl View Post
    I do look forward to the episode since it sounds like a good Marge story that could be more on the down-to-earth side (which would be a positive; would be nice with more "small" episodes overall).
    I also want it will be good and funny (with satire on technology addictable), but, on the other hand, it's one of those Marge out-of-charachter episode, which means... anything.

@The B, to me it doesn't really sound like that much out of character for Marge at all (actually, it does seem feasible for her to be in that situation, even if she'll act hypocritical) which I guess is why I'm more positive toward the premise.

Junior Camper
    Blog Entries

You know what Highway to Well might be about? Maybe... Just maybe... It's where either the Simpsons family or one of the Springfield characters gets stuck inside the well

21. Thumbs Up To This Post by: The B

Quote Originally Posted by TeletubbyMan1998 View Post
    You know what Highway to Well might be about? Maybe... Just maybe... It's where either the Simpsons family or one of the Springfield characters gets stuck inside the well
    Of course, maybe, it (the title, and that "possible story") sounds too dull, but, honestly, I've just think about it
    Last edited by The B; 02-13-2020 at 09:53 AM.

I glanced at Matt Selman's Twitter and it is almost a fact that he will showrun The Miseducation of Lisa Simpson. He is constantly liking/retweeting things about it and he even redacted a reminder of the release. Historically he only does it with his own efforts. Man, there is nothing more exciting to me than a Burns/Selman episode, even if the plot doesn't sound as great. I really can't wait to confirm it.

24. Thumbs Up To This Post by: MDB

Promo images for Bart the Bad Guy

Sorry for double posting, but I've just found more on Kevin Smith episode searching news about The Simpsons
    The Carolyn Omine-written episode of The Simpsons will feature Kevin Smith voice himself in a story that will involve Marge getting a new gig of some kind. In terms of comic book knowledge, hopefully we get an epic clash between Kevin and Comic Book Guy.!
    Source: Buble Blader
    Though it's a short info, but it... it's something (of course, if it's true).
    I don't suppose, what the title of episode, because either it can be Way of the Dog subplot either Highway to Well plot (cause we don't know anything about the episode yet, at least until next week)

UPDATE Did Al Jean did a mistake, or Jenifer Moeller directed ZABF10?
    https://twitter.com/AlJean/status/1228433035990904832
    Last edited by The B; 02-16-2020 at 05:45 AM.

A short clip of backstage of Chrissy Taigen and John Legend's voiceover performance
    https://twitter.com/i/status/1228061284588867585
    Longer sneak peek from YouTube

Junior Camper
    Blog Entries

Sounds like Elisabeth Kiernan Averick would be the supervising producer during the ABBFxx production line while Cesar Mazariegos might be the Executive Story Editor during Season 32 in the ABBFxx production run

Thread Information