Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2324252627282930313233

Thread: Season 31 Information Thread

(Users Browsing this Thread: Szyslak100)

There'll be Comic Book Guy episode in later season 32 (in 2021). Apparently, it's in writing process by now.
    Source
    IMHO the best and the worst episodes of each season (in bold — the best and worst of overall series, upd. 10/01/20 with trilogy episodes):
    1. There’s No Disgrace Like Home/Homer’s Night Out 2. Old Money/Simpson and Delilah 3. Mr. Lisa Goes to Washington/Homer Alone 4. Homer’s Triple Bypass/Marge in Chains 5. Secrets of a Successful Marriage/Homer and Apu 6. Two Dozen and One Greyhounds/A Star Is Burns 7. Home Sweet Homediddly-Dum-Doodily/Treehouse of Horror VI 8. My Sister, My Sitter/The Simpsons Spin-Off Showcase 9. Miracle on Evergreen Terrace/The Principal and the Pauper 10. Wild Barts Can’t Be Broken/Simpsons Bible Stories 11. Days of Wine and D’oh’ses/Bart to the Future 12. Homer vs. Dignity/New Kids on the Blecch 13. Poppa’s Got a Brand New Badge/Weekend at Burnsie’s 14. Moe Baby Blues/Brake My Wife, Please 15. Fraudcast News/Co-Dependent’s Day 16. Sleeping with the Enemy/Future-Drama 17. Bonfire of the Manatees/Kiss Kiss, Bang Bangalore 18. The Wife Aquatic/Revenge Is a Dish Best Served Three Times 19. Eternal Moonshine of the Simpson Mind/Smoke on the Daughter 20. Coming to Homerica/Four Great Women and a Manicure 21. Chief of Hearts/Treehouse of Horror XX 22. The Ned-Liest Catch/Elementary School Musical 23. A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again/Moe Goes from Rags to Riches 24. Hardly Kirk-ing/Love is a Many-Splintered Thing 25. Brick Like Me/What to Expect When Bart’s Expecting 26. Sky Police/Treehouse of Horror XXV 27. Halloween of Horror/Treehouse of Horror XXVI 28. 22 for 30/Havana Wild Weekend 29. Flanders’ Ladder/Springfield Splendor 30. Baby You Can’t Drive My Car/The Clown Stays in the Picture
    The Simpsons season ratings:
    2 > 3 > 7 > 6 > 1 > 4 > 5 > 8 > 9 > 21 > 27 > 12 > 15 > 20 > 10 > 14 > 19 > 25 > 17 > 29 > 26 > 24 > 13 > 18 > 16 > 28 > 30 > 11 > 23 > 22

I think that thoughts may differ, because so many people, so many opinions.

2. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Dark Homer

Junior Camper
    Blog Entries

But hopefully Megan Amram might return in Season 32 as well

Al Jean interview. Some interesting notes
    Did it mean a lot to you that the fans wanted the original 4:3 aspect ratio episodes on Disney+?

Oh, absolutely. We’re always in favor of giving that option and they’re going to do it early this year. People want to see what they saw the way they saw it.
    Has Disney expressed any interest in another Simpsons Movie?

I would say yes although we’re just in the very, very early stages. We would love to do one for Disney but it’s not like it’s happening next week or next year.

That’s different than it was under 20th Century Fox when you’d usually say maybe one day you’d do another movie.

At D23 Matt said, “I think it’s gonna happen” and I agree with that. So I agree with that statement. I believe it will happen.
    A standalone story, not a sequel?

Correct.
    I should probably know this but does Dan Castellaneta do Homer as a kid too?

Oh yeah, Dan does Homer as a kid or as a teenager or older. Same thing with Nancy as Bart. Any time you see one of those characters, the person doing the voice, whatever age is always them
    The couch gag with Nelson getting hit by a train was pretty violent.

Well, guess what? He’s not dead. He’ll come back.
    Was “Thanksgiving of Horror” a success and worth doing again?

It was definitely a success. I think we would want to just do things that are original and unique, so I’m not sure we’d do it again but I thought it was great.
    Was incorporating SD flashbacks into an HD episode challenging?

No, no, we just didn’t want to change it, for the same reason I said earlier. So we just put it in standard definition.
    Has Disney expressed any interest in doing season 21 [DVD]?

There’s nothing imminent with 21. My biggest goal was just to get the whole thing where you had no gap in the middle so I’m happy about that.
    I used to say “Coming to Homerica” was my favorite later Simpsons episode and that’s 10 years old now, so it’s middle now.

I know. I’m glad you liked it. It was a great episode. To me, we won the Emmy last year which is pretty amazing for a show in its 30th season. I like to think we’re working harder than we ever have and taking nothing for granted.

You’re working harder but is it also new writers come in and work to prove themselves?

Oh, everybody, writers and directors, everybody knows A, it’s this great product and B, you’re going to be on forever. So everybody wants to make it good.
    What’s coming up?

Well, we have Cate Blanchett playing a dog whisperer. She’s great with dogs and does this kind of nonsense talk. I think she was speaking elvish. We have David Harbour from Stranger Things. Mr. Burns has a doppelganger. He has a suit so he can go undercover boss inside the plant and David Harbour plays the voice that he uses when he’s in the disguise. So he was great and Pete Holmes wrote and appears in a two parter.

Is that [Warrin' Priests episodes] the season finale and next season premiere?

One week apart but there’s a cliffhanger and we have a surprise ending to it.

Is that very different than doing “Who Shot Mr. Burns?” between two seasons?

Yeah, it wasn’t something where we were going to go oh, this is something we want people to be thinking about for three months but it’s really good and I think works as two weeks’ episodes. It’s like Batman used to be when I was a kid. You’d have a show on Monday and a show on Thursday.

What’s the season finale?

The season finale is Olivia Colman so she’s done a guest shot as well. She plays a woman that every man falls in love with except Homer, and she falls in love with Homer.[The 7 Beer Itch]
    What are you spoofing [from THOHXXXI]?

One part is this really fantastic “Into the Homerverse” where you see all different versions of Homer from different dimensions.

Junior Camper
    Blog Entries

For THOH XXXI, sounds like 'Into the Homerverse' is gonna be a good one. Plus, I think 'The Road to Cincinnati' would probably be the Season 32 premiere... on September 27th later this fall. Then that means Treehouse of Horror XXXI will air on October 18th later this year even though it's a week before the 30th anniversary of the first Treehouse of Horror from 1990

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Homer View Post
    ZABF14 - The Hateful Eight-Year-Olds (Michael Kamens/Twitter)
    Written by Joel H. Cohen. (Al Jean/Twitter)
    Directed by Jennifer Moeller. (Al Jean)
    @Dark Homer you accidentally put Jennifer Moeller as director of ZABF14, but In source Al Jean said about ZABF10. Correct this please.

Junior Camper
    Blog Entries

I guess Treehouse of Horror XXXI will only be showrunned by Al Jean, just like Treehouse of Horror XXIII and any other previous Treehouse of Horror episodes

I dont mind Al Jean doing treehouse of horror, at least the homer multiverse thing sounds interesting.
    But If we keep talking about the showrunners, here I have a not so interesting data: Matt selman liked a Chris Ledesma' post about spotting "Screenless" . Could this seemlingly small detail mean that Selman will showrun that episode too? He seems to only like the posts about his episodes (he ignored the posts about "Frinkcoin", "Hail to the Teeth" and "Bobby, It's Cold Outside") Could this means that for the first time ever we are gonna get a season with seven selman episodes?. I have been enjoying all his efforts so far (havent watched "The Miseducation of Lisa Simpson" though) so I wouldnt mind.
    Yet, Its probably nothing.
    or is it?
    Soon Season 31

Junior Camper
    Blog Entries

After 'Highway to Well' airs on March 22nd, I think Matt Selman would be the showrunner again for 'The Hateful Eight-Year-Olds' (possibly before the Season 31 finale). Then Matt Selman might showrun the following Season 32 possible episodes from the ZABF production holdover such as: 'ˇAy, Carambus!', 'The Road to Cincinnati' (maybe), and 'Podcast News' until somewhere around the ABBF production cycle

Quote Originally Posted by MDB View Post
    I dont mind Al Jean doing treehouse of horror, at least the homer multiverse thing sounds interesting.
    But If we keep talking about the showrunners, here I have a not so interesting data: Matt selman liked a Chris Ledesma' post about spotting "Screenless" . Could this seemlingly small detail mean that Selman will showrun that episode too? He seems to only like the posts about his episodes (he ignored the posts about "Frinkcoin", "Hail to the Teeth" and "Bobby, It's Cold Outside") Could this means that for the first time ever we are gonna get a season with seven selman episodes?. I have been enjoying all his efforts so far (havent watched "The Miseducation of Lisa Simpson" though) so I wouldnt mind.
    Yet, Its probably nothing.
    or is it?
    'll be surprised, if "Screenless" is Selman's effort. Anyway, yes, this season is revord-breaking for Selman as showrunner.

Quote Originally Posted by TeletubbyMan1998 View Post
    After 'Highway to Well' airs on March 22nd, I think Matt Selman would be the showrunner again for 'The Hateful Eight-Year-Olds' (possibly before the Season 31 finale). Then Matt Selman might showrun the following Season 32 possible episodes from the ZABF production holdover such as: 'ˇAy, Carambus!', 'The Road to Cincinnati' (maybe), and 'Podcast News' until somewhere around the ABBF production cycle
    1) For the future, the official name for ZABF18 is "I, Carumbus" (this name is in Copyright Catalog)
    2) There isn't actual proved information about season 32 prod. code. It's only someone's speculation.

More promo-images for Bart the Bad Guy (appearently, they really hype on that episode)

100% dumbass
    Blog Entries

Well one of those is pretty uncomfortable. For several reasons... Not that any of those look great but still.
    Season 31 thus far

The Winter of Our Monetized Content 3/5 / The Fat Blue Line4/5 / Treehouse of Horror XXX 2/5 / Gorillas on the Mast 4/5 / Marge the Lumberjill 3.5/5 / Livin' La Vida Pura 2/5 /
    Thanksgiving of Horror 0/5 / Todd, Todd, Why Hast Thou Forsaken Me? 4.5/5 / Bobby, It's Cold Outside 3/5 / Hail to the Teeth 2/5 / The Miseducation of Lisa Simpson 3/5 / Frinkcoin 4/5

Art thread's gone now.

Junior Camper
    Blog Entries

If 'The 7 Beer Itch' will be the Season 31 finale, I don't really know if 'Way of the Dog' would be in Season 31. Though I'm still hoping for Season 31 to have 22 episodes this year, of course maybe Way of the Dog might still be in Season 31 at one point

Preview for Animation Domination with briefly scenes from Bart the Bad Guy

Junior Camper
    Blog Entries

Just be aware guys, sometime next week on Twitter, the Table read for Season 32 might begin. According to Al Jean, it's gonna happen in early March

Impressive promotional poster to Bart the Bad Guy. The third one we got this season after Treehouse and Thanksgiving of Horror.
    SEASON 31 - RATINGS
    The Winter of Our Monetized Content: 3/5 / Go Big or Go Homer: 2/5 / The Fat Blue Line: 4/5 / Treehouse of Horror XXX: 4/5 / Gorillas on the Mast: 3/5 / Marge the Lumberjill: 2/5 / Livin' La Pura Vida: 5/5 / Thanksgiving of Horror: 5/5 / Todd, Todd, Why Hast Thou Forsaken Me: 3/5 / Bobby, It's Cold Outside: 3/5 / Hail to the Teeth: 2/5 / The Miseducation of Lisa Simpson: 4/5 / Frinkcoin: TBA / Bart the Bad Guy: TBA / Screenless: TBA / Better Off Ned: TBA / Highway to Well: TBA

Wow! Very good Avengers parody.
    If it's as good as Thanksgiving of Horror (also done by Vebber, the last with poster) it may be amazing.
    Last edited by The B; 02-25-2020 at 10:54 PM.

Chatting Simpsons Since '93 Brad Lascelle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Venomrabbit View Post
    Well one of those is pretty uncomfortable. For several reasons... Not that any of those look great but still.
    I didn't think the mutant fish creature and plant girl were that uncomfortable looking.
    SEASON 31 RANKINGS
    The Winter of Our Monetized Content - 1.5/5 / Go Big or Go Homer - 2.5/5 / The Fat Blue Line - 3.5/5
    THOH XXX = Danger Things - 2.5/5 / Heaven Swipes Right - 1.5/5 / When Hairy Met Slimy - 2/5
    Gorillas on the Mast - 3.5/5 / Marge the Lumberjill - 2/5 / Livin' la Pura Vida - 5/5
    THANKSGIVING OF HORROR = A-Gobble-ypto - 3/5 / The Fourth Thursday After Tomorrow - 5/5 / The Last Thanksgiving - 3.5/5
    Todd, Todd, Why Hast Thou Forsaken Me? - 3.5/5 / Bobby, It's Cold Outside - 2.5/5 / Hail to the Teeth - 1.5/5
    The Miseducation of Lisa Simpson - 2/5 / Frinkcoin - ?/5 / Bart the Bad Guy - ?/5
    Screenless - ?/5 / Highway to Well - ?/5 / Better Off Ned - ?/5

Joe Mantegna again this season will be guessed star in BTBG

From Chris Ledesma's Twitter
    Also the late Russi Taylor is credited as Martin
    Last edited by The B; 02-26-2020 at 08:50 AM.

Promo images for Better of Ned are on FoxFlash now.

Thread Information