Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2728293031323334353637
Results 1,081 to 1,094 of 1094

Thread: Season 31 Information Thread

(Users Browsing this Thread: Stretch Dude)

Quote Originally Posted by Venomrabbit View Post
    Selman And Joel H Cohen? Have a strong feeling The Hateful Eight Year Olds will be the third thing this season that sounded interesting but got worse the more I heard about it... not looking forward to the synopsis.

... Not that I think we've had any news ones lately have we?
    Regarding that episode, we only know its writer, director and showrunner (Selman) and nothing detail on its plot or guest stars. Is it a reason to upset in episode yet?
    IMHO the best and the worst episodes of each season (in bold — the best and worst of overall series, upd. 10/01/20 with trilogy episodes):
    1. There’s No Disgrace Like Home/Homer’s Night Out 2. Old Money/Simpson and Delilah 3. Mr. Lisa Goes to Washington/Homer Alone 4. Homer’s Triple Bypass/Marge in Chains 5. Secrets of a Successful Marriage/Homer and Apu 6. Two Dozen and One Greyhounds/A Star Is Burns 7. Home Sweet Homediddly-Dum-Doodily/Treehouse of Horror VI 8. My Sister, My Sitter/The Simpsons Spin-Off Showcase 9. Miracle on Evergreen Terrace/The Principal and the Pauper 10. Wild Barts Can’t Be Broken/Simpsons Bible Stories 11. Days of Wine and D’oh’ses/Bart to the Future 12. Homer vs. Dignity/New Kids on the Blecch 13. Poppa’s Got a Brand New Badge/Weekend at Burnsie’s 14. Moe Baby Blues/Brake My Wife, Please 15. Fraudcast News/Co-Dependent’s Day 16. Sleeping with the Enemy/Future-Drama 17. Bonfire of the Manatees/Kiss Kiss, Bang Bangalore 18. The Wife Aquatic/Revenge Is a Dish Best Served Three Times 19. Eternal Moonshine of the Simpson Mind/Smoke on the Daughter 20. Coming to Homerica/Four Great Women and a Manicure 21. Chief of Hearts/Treehouse of Horror XX 22. The Ned-Liest Catch/Elementary School Musical 23. A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again/Moe Goes from Rags to Riches 24. Hardly Kirk-ing/Love is a Many-Splintered Thing 25. Brick Like Me/What to Expect When Bart’s Expecting 26. Sky Police/Treehouse of Horror XXV 27. Halloween of Horror/Treehouse of Horror XXVI 28. 22 for 30/Havana Wild Weekend 29. Flanders’ Ladder/Springfield Splendor 30. Baby You Can’t Drive My Car/The Clown Stays in the Picture
    The Simpsons season ratings:
    2 > 3 > 7 > 6 > 1 > 4 > 5 > 8 > 9 > 21 > 27 > 12 > 15 > 20 > 10 > 14 > 19 > 25 > 17 > 29 > 26 > 24 > 13 > 18 > 16 > 28 > 30 > 11 > 23 > 22

I think that thoughts may differ, because so many people, so many opinions.

Blog Entries

Well I have little to no faith in either the writer or the showrunner, let alone both together on something. And I've already been let down twice this season alone and this one looks like it's following the same pattern. It's more a precaution but I'm keeping my expectations at rock-bottom.
    Season 31 thus far

The Winter of Our Monetized Content 3/5 / The Fat Blue Line4/5 / Treehouse of Horror XXX 2/5 / Gorillas on the Mast 4/5 / Marge the Lumberjill 3.5/5 / Livin' La Vida Pura 2/5 /
    Thanksgiving of Horror 0/5 / Todd, Todd, Why Hast Thou Forsaken Me? 4.5/5 / Bobby, It's Cold Outside 3/5 / Hail to the Teeth 2/5 / The Miseducation of Lisa Simpson 3/5 / Frinkcoin 4/5 / Bart the Bad Guy 1/5 / Screenless 4.5/5 / Better Off Ned 4/5 / Highway to Well (not sure yet, pending rewatch)

Simpsons version of the Succession opening credits will be in "Warrin' Priests (Part 2)" episode.
    Source https://twitter.com/AlJean/status/1242182387850596352
    For those, who like me didn't see Succession before, here is its opening (and in The Simpsons style, it'll be definitely interesting)
    Last edited by The B; 03-23-2020 at 10:57 PM.

4. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Dark Homer

I have read in this Deadline article, that COVID-19, fortunately, hasn't very affected the animation production. But one paragraph, which is the most related [of whole article] to "The Simpsons", made me interested...
    The individual shows are trying to be creative too. The Simpsons and Big Mouth already is doing virtual table reads, with other shows likely to follow suit; the Family Guy composer is attempting to do a remote score by having musicians play their instruments from home; and Bless the Harts is conducting edit sessions with the show creator via Skype video.
    UPD
    Here is THR article, which more clarifies on The Simpsons
    "Production hasn't skipped a day or lost a beat," The Simpsons showrunner Al Jean told The Hollywood Reporter this week. "We intend to do the 22 shows we were contracted to do.... There's been no change in how we do things."
    The Simpsons, Jean says, is going to air five more shows as planned, starting April 19, before it wraps its current 31st season. The series has seven episodes, including its annual "Treehouse of Horror" edition, that have already been completed and being held over for season 32. The series will then record work on the additional 22 episodes for the 2020-21 television season.

"We just read a third of those 22 episodes in the middle of March. We're a little ahead of where we usually are," says Jean, who credits Simpsons creator James L. Brooks for the foresight to shift to working from home before it became a state-ordered mandate. "It's business as usual." That The Simpsons already has episodes in the can for next season arrives as most broadcast live-action shows won't be able to complete work on their current seasons, much less deliver any completed episodes early, as there is no current timeline of whether it will be considered safe to return to work.
    Regarding highlighted in bold, I know it's about "holdover" episodes, but are they really already complited and just "wait" for their air time?
    Last edited by The B; 03-25-2020 at 07:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The B View Post
    I have read in this Deadline article, that COVID-19, fortunately, hasn't very affected the animation production. But one paragraph, which is the most related [of whole article] to "The Simpsons", made me interested...

UPD
    Here is THR article, which more clarifies on The Simpsons

Regarding highlighted in bold, I know it's about "holdover" episodes, but are they really already complited and just "wait" for their air time?
    Harry Shearer had already been recording his dialogue from his home a long time ago. All the rest of the voice actors can easily follow suit.

Quiet guy who eats everyone Jerry P.'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The B View Post
    I'm sure that is a mistake in the article. The late ZABF episodes started production in late 2019. Production takes 9 months, give or take. Even if the animation were already completed (which I doubt), they wait until a few weeks before airdate to score the episodes (for some reason).

8. Thumbs Up To This Post by: The B

The plot of The Incredible Lightness of Being a Baby was changed a bit. And, yes, as Al Jean said Cletus' story is main now without any mention of Homer.
    CLETUS BECOMES A TYCOON ON AN ALL-NEW "THE SIMPSONS" SUNDAY, APRIL 19, ON FOX

Cletus becomes a helium tycoon. Meanwhile, Marge reunites with baby Hudson from Playdate with Destiny in the all-new "The Incredible Lightness of Being a Baby" episode of THE SIMPSONS airing Sunday, April 19 (8:00-8:30 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (SI-3013) (TV-PG D, L, V)
    From Futoncritic
    IMHO, synopsis could reveal something more from episode.
    And, I didn't understand last year and don't understand now - what's the helium Cletus has (and probably why Burns wants at least wanted to get it)?
    Last edited by The B; 03-26-2020 at 10:03 AM.

I don't think they have completely removed Homer just because he is not mentioned. Plus regarding the subplot, feels weird how most of us haven't gotten the chance to see the prequel short 'Playdate With Destinty' yet (due to wide international distribution apparently not having been a thing and to the cinema shutdown because of the Corona virus outbreak).

11. Thumbs Up To This Post by: The B

Quote Originally Posted by CousinMerl View Post
    I don't think they have completely removed Homer just because he is not mentioned. Plus regarding the subplot, feels weird how most of us haven't gotten the chance to see the prequel short 'Playdate With Destinty' yet (due to wide international distribution apparently not having been a thing and to the cinema shutdown because of the Corona virus outbreak).
    Yes, I meant Homer's part in main plot just was forgotten. I very doubt, they redone the main (Cletus') plot too.
    I also found something strange, cause I thought, that there was announced a TV-premiere of "PwD" short alongside with this episode (to clarify some B-plot details).

And, FYI, ZABF20 & 21 are in Copyright Catalog now.

Blog Entries

So Maggie's been punted to a B plot in favour of Cletus while stripping the latter's down? Well I guess it's never too late to change something promising into a letdown.

So there is no new episode until April 19th ('The Incredible Lightness Of Being A Baby')? That's quite the break.

Blog Entries

They're really dragging this one out. There's nothing worth looking forward to for the rest of the season but it just won't end already...

Oh my God! Wait a minute. I've just noticed, Futoncritic did a mistake in synopsis, didn't it?
    Meanwhile, Marge reunites with baby Hudson

Quiet guy who eats everyone Jerry P.'s Avatar

Futon Critic doesn't write the synopses.

NOTE: The following article is a press release issued by the aforementioned network and/or company. Any errors, typos, etc. are attributed to the original author. The release is reproduced solely for the dissemination of the enclosed information.

Thread Information