Did anyone ever figure out the season 8 episodes that Oakley & Weinstein didn't like?

I've looked through the two interviews they did here a couple times and they mentioned two season eight episodes that they should have either reworked or scrapped completely. I think there was another time where it was mentioned that there are four episodes from season eight that they consider boring, because there's too much story and not enough jokes.

Does anyone know for sure which episodes they were talking about? There are a couple that I believe they were hinting at ("The Canine Mutiny," "My Sister, My Sitter," "The Secret War of Lisa Simpson"), but it was never confirmed.

this is the only post i can think of where bill and josh bring up the 4 episodes thing https://www.nohomers.net/showthread....=1#post1237503

i think they might be referring to lisa's date with density but \_(ツ)_/

maybe you could try asking them on twitter? they've answered shit there before

"The Canine Mutiny" is definitely one of the four, judging by its surprisingly lackluster third act when stacked against virtually every other O/W-era episode (in particular, the reveal of the blind man as a marijuana hoarder was awkwardly structured and basically appeared out of thin air, both issues that were virtually nonexistent in the previous 174 production episodes), but the other three are altogether more debatable. I guess "The Secret War of Lisa Simpson" would qualify (considering that it lays the sitcom-esque drama on more thickly (and ultimately plays it more straight) than average for OFF during the climax)? "Lisa's Date with Density" is also unusually innocuous and cliched by O/W standards, but its position as the first episode of the season 8 production cycle leads me to question this (wouldn't the crew have logically invested more into the episode due to its placement?).

don't quite cover all CousinMerl's Avatar

I'm thinking 'The Old Man And The Lisa' is one of these regrettable episodes. It just feels like one that could have been better than it was, as if it was missing that extra something to make it great.

By the way, why doesn't they want to confirm which ones? There are lots of TV show and movie creators that have been open with which of their works they are disappointed with and think could've turned out better.

Kwik-E-Mart Gougers' enforcer Captain Jones's Avatar

I personally dislike Simpsoncalifragilisticexpialannoyedgruntcious, The Canine Mutiny and The Secret War of Lisa Simpson, so it would be nice it they were among these ones.

Simpsoncali was actually a Jean/Reiss episode produced under the 3G (which also included The Springfield Files, Lisa's Sax and Simpson Tide) production cycle during season 7, which wouldn't qualify it as either an Oakley/Weinstein or season 8 episode generally speaking.

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

Sadly I never have its one of my greatest regrets.

8. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Man, owo

Thread Information