Thread: Simpsons on Freeform

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

Simpsons on Freeform

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/the...19-1203214008/

“The Simpsons” will begin off-network airing on Freeform in September 2019, the network announced Tuesday.

Still airing new episodes on Fox, at least through 2020-21, “The Simpsons” will now rerun episodes from all 30 seasons of Matt Groening’s animated family comedy on the cabler.

Previously “The Simpsons” ran off-network on FXX, which has also been the streaming home for the show, having landed the full library rights in 2013. FXX and its parent company FX Networks, in addition to 20th Century Fox Television (which produces “The Simpsons”), became a part of Disney earlier this year; Freeform is also under the Disney umbrella. Freeform also shares off-network rights to “Family Guy,” another one of Fox’s long-running, hit animated comedies, with FXX. Last month, it was announced that “The Simpsons” would have a new streaming home on Disney Plus when that new service launches in November 2019.
    Good for them I guess

I hope Disney throws money at whatever mysterious entity has been blocking the release of the Ullman shorts and gets them out there

2. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Rick James

Blog Entries

now that's a good question who owns the Ullman shorts. Are those part of the Ullman Show, and if so who owns that.
    Fuck Donald Trump. #NotMyPresident

Quote Originally Posted by hanna hilton View Post
    now that's a good question who owns the Ullman shorts. Are those part of the Ullman Show, and if so who owns that.
    Gracie Films, Klasky Csupo or the Fox Broadcasting Company. Gracie Films is a Sony company.

Blog Entries

I think Fox still holds rights to the Tracey Ullman Show. Definitely the shorts, I don't think Fox would let go of those.
    Insert signature here

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rutherford View Post
    Gracie Films, Klasky Csupo or the Fox Broadcasting Company. Gracie Films is a Sony company.
    the thing is Gracie okay that's Sony, Klasky Csupo okay who the heck owns that Nickelodeon/Viacom?, Fox Broadcasting well thats still owned by the Murdochs unless they were produced under 20th Century Television which that is now Disney same as The Simpsons the show proper.

thing is I'm wondering if its similar to the old Nick show Kablam!, over all that show was owned by Nick, but individual skits were owned by different companies, which resulted in the show seeing limited distribution.

IMHO the most and the least favourite episodes of each season (without trilogy episodes, upd. 30/10/19):
    1. There’s No Disgrace Like Home/Homer’s Night Out 2. Old Money/Simpson and Delilah 3. Bart the Lover/Homer Alone 4. Homer’s Triple Bypass/Marge in Chains 5. Secrets of a Successful Marriage/Burns’ Heir 6. Two Dozen and One Greyhounds/A Star Is Burns 7. Home Sweet Homediddly-Dum-Doodily/Bart the Fink 8. Simpsoncalifragilisticexpiala(Annoyed Grunt)cious/The Springfield Files 9. Miracle on Evergreen Terrace/Das Bus 10. Maximum Homerdrive/Monty Can’t Buy Me Love 11. Grift of the Magi/Pygmoelian 12. Homer vs. Dignity/New Kids on the Blecch 13. Poppa’s Got a Brand New Badge/Weekend at Burnsie’s 14. Moe Baby Blues/Three Gays of the Condo 15. Fraudcast News/Co-Dependent’s Day 16. Sleeping with the Enemy/Pranksta Rap 17. Bonfire of the Manatees/Bart Has Two Mommies 18. The Wife Aquatic/The Haw-Hawed Couple 19. He Loves to Fly and He D’ohs/Smoke on the Daughter 20. Coming to Homerica/Lisa the Drama Queen 21. Chief of Hearts/Stealing First Base 22. The Ned-Liest Catch/Love Is a Many Strangled Thing 23. A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again/Moe Goes from Rags to Riches 24. The Saga of Carl/Penny-Wiseguys 25. Brick Like Me/The Man Who Grew Too Much 26. Bart’s New Friend/Simpsorama 27. Halloween of Horror/Every Man’s Dream 28. 22 for 30/Trust but Clarify 29. Flanders’ Ladder/Grampy Can Ya Hear Me 30. Baby You Can’t Drive My Car/101 Mitigations
    I think that thoughts may differ, because so many people, so many opinions.

Banned

I thought it's going on Disney Plus?

Banned

Ehhh... it's an adult-oriented cartoon, what do you expect?

Blog Entries

Freeform is a cable channel, disney+ is a streaming service

Blog Entries

I think they belong to the creator Matt Groening (due to the fact that he created them), but the rights are owned still by the FOX Broadcasting company.

Thread Information