Thread: I was afraid this might happen (Futurama calendar)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Mmmmmmmm, floor pie

I was afraid this might happen (Futurama calendar)

The May 2019 issue of Previews includes a release date for the 2020 Simpsons calendar in July, but no mention of any Futurama calendar. The 2019 Futurama calendar was announced at the same time as the 2019 Simpsons calendar in May 2018.

I am not entirely surprised, given that Bongo published the 2019 Futurama (and Life in Hell, which is also absent from Previews) calendars, but Simpsons calendars have been published by different companies (two different companies each year, for some reason) for the past few years.

I suppose we can always make our own, but it will require jumping through some hoops, unless you have a 1992 Simpsons calendar, as that is the only Bongo calendar I can think of that has Saturday 2/29 in it: get January and February from 2014, manually entering February 29, and get the rest of the months from 2015; then, scan a few of the comic book covers, or maybe get some screen captures from the episodes on video, and print those out.

Blog Entries

i mean, time will still happen
    Quote Originally Posted by simpsonsbart View Post
    About milk, remember that this word has several meanings...

Blog Entries

Life in Hell is a bummer, those had strips uncollected in any of the books and had a bunch of cool recommendations

Mmmmmmmm, floor pie

Good news, everyone! I just talked to someone at Bongo, and they said that both Futurama and Life in Hell 2020 calendars will be made; they will debut at Comic-Con, then be publicly available in August or September (which would explain why they're not in the May Previews - an August release date would appear in June).

Mmmmmmmm, floor pie

Somebody has a Futurama 2020 calendar they got from Comic Con on eBay; it has a Bongo Comics logo on the back, so it appears to be legitimate. Nobody else is selling it yet, however, and it's not mentioned on the Bongo Comics Blog (which is being kept up to date, at least as of July 10 - yes, July 10, 2019).

The front cover appears to be the same picture as the 2001 calendar's cover, but I don't recognize the pictures on the back, so I don't think it's just a rehash of old pictures (or comic book covers, for that matter).

Mmmmmmmm, floor pie

Mmmmmmmm, floor pie

Quote Originally Posted by That Don Guy View Post
    News, everyone! It turns out that the pictures in the 2020 calendar are the same as in the 2001 calendar, in a different order, and with the comic book cover stylings used in 2001 removed.

Thread Information