Blog Entries

did the film toy story make anyone else feel guilty about abusing inanimate objects

as a kid I did my fair share of smashing hot wheels with rocks or blowing up army men or whatever but after watching the movie toy story where toys guilted the antagonist of the film from torturing toys and likely scarring the boy for life I kind of developed some guilt for using inanimate objects for less than honorable purposes. it's not even freaking toys im talking about, the discussion we just had about toothbrushes in discord was actually what prompted this. you use this tools to clean your disgusting mouth and eventually just throw the fuckers away without a second thought. but there's like no guilt here for this poor freaking toothbrush?

it's not even just toy story. as a kid you watch this walt disney cartoon about some car that gets traded in by its owner and eventually gets abused and wrecked(gonna link to this cartoon btw for those unfamiliar). and then things like the film sausage party and the bit with the condom. why the heck are these things making me feel guilty for using and or abusing inanimate objects? these are just things that are the result of capitalism meant to be used and tossed aside.

Fuck Donald Trump. #NotMyPresident

2. Thumbs Up To This Post by: kes

Blog Entries

and yes before you say anything I was absolutely drunk when I made this BUT at the same time this is something I have been thinking about for some time

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

I’m gonna get into alot of hot water for this comment but at this point I don’t really care I believe inanimate object don’t deserve to have feelings so the only way I’d feel even the slightest remorse would be if those inanimate objects took the time they normally use to bitch about the havoc wrecked on them and instead did something productive and become alive but that’s just me as you can clearly see I feel strongly on this topic.

Blog Entries

Yes, a lot. I still feel bad for leaving stuffed animals sitting in a position which makes them look uncomfortable or sad. Those plushies with the deliberately sad-looking eyes genuinely upset me because they're functionally inconsolable. I'm also a bit of a hoarder and often feel bad about throwing things away that could be made useful with a small amount of effort.
    "Because you watched House, we think you'll enjoy... Fuller House."

Party time... excellent...

Nah. I already felt guilty when I was mangling my various Barbie's hair and then trying to carve dimples into other toys with paper clips. When I realized I utterly ruined my toys and we were too poor to get more, I stopped doing weird shit to my toys other than letting them get dirty outside.

At least Pizza Hut Barbie got out of everything unscathed.

And similar to kes, I would get the feels for my stuffed animals. Would feel sad if like say all my stuffed animals were in one place but one fell or was separated from the rest. I would feel such sadness that I wouldn't be happy again until it was reunited with all its friends.

Also I looooove Susie the Little Blue Coupe
    Those old Disney shorts and Silly Symphony things attack my nostalgia so damn hard.
    facebook / twitter / tumblr
    round and round let the city turn party in the hills we can party in the burbs roof on fire let it burn champagne in my hand I'm not concerned

7. Thumbs Up To This Post by: kes

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kupomog View Post
    Pizza Hut Barbie
    Sorry if I've somehow missed it, but OH BOY I need context on Pizza Hut Barbie being a thing. Was this some kind of toy they gave away as a promotion? Does she wear a Pizza Hut staff uniform? Does she have pepperoni freckles?

Thread Information