Thread: Things to live by in messageboard thread form

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

Things to live by in messageboard thread form

Navigating life can be a tricky beast so I thought this thread would be a great place to impart sage wisdom,helpful tips and life experiences to help us all grow as people.I’ll kick us off.

If someone offers you a pretzel you accept it and you eat that thang.

If someone offers you a 1986 Honda Accord you run for the hills because the accord is a piece of crap car model.Now if someone offers you a 1986 Honda Civic you take it and marry that person for the civic is universally accepted as the pinnacle of vehicular based motoring.

2. Thumbs Up To This Post by: kes, Startug

When you last drove an old Honda Civic, where did you go?

Blog Entries

I don't drive non Mustang cars sorry
    Fuck Donald Trump. #NotMyPresident

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Man View Post
    When you last drove an old Honda Civic, where did you go?
    Excellent question.The year was 2013 I packed up my civic and headed west to Decatur Illinois for a 3 day convention for model trains now anyone that knows me knows I’m deathly afraid of model trains their just creepy as hell but I believe in facing my fears its a crucial aspect of the human experience.Did that adequately answer your query?

6. Thumbs Up To This Post by: kes, Man

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hanna hilton View Post
    I don't drive non Mustang cars sorry
    My condolences for you have yet to truly drive then until you hit the road in a beautiful Honda Civic.It’s a whole lot of car at a reasonable price point.

Blog Entries

yea no. call me when your car can hit over 100mph in an instant

I'll smoke ur fucking Honda Civic as an appetizer any day

Blog Entries

the fastest I've gone in my car is a touch over a 120. and that's not even the top speed! google says the car can do over 160 mph(I dont remember the exact number), we will just have to see about that

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lou Bega Jr. View Post
    Excellent question.The year was 2013 I packed up my civic and headed west to Decatur Illinois for a 3 day convention for model trains now anyone that knows me knows I’m deathly afraid of model trains their just creepy as hell but I believe in facing my fears its a crucial aspect of the human experience.Did that adequately answer your query?
    Decatur Illinois is not to the west of Duluth Minnesota what kind of horse pucky are you trying to pull here

11. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Man

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

I haven’t hailed from Duluth all my life I’ve lived in 3 places no horse pucky here this was 2013.

13. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Man

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hanna hilton View Post
    yea no. call me when your car can hit over 100mph in an instant

I'll smoke ur fucking Honda Civic as an appetizer any day
    Why the anger?
    Why the vitriol?
    This was supposed to be a safe space where we helped eachother not a place to attack eachother with language that is most foul you have angered me and you won’t like Lou when he’s angry.Let’s be civil it is may 2nd or 3rd depending on the timezone after all.

Blog Entries

anger what

im too high to be angry lol

Blog Entries

gakked out of my mind listening to Elton John I have no room for the anger

Blog Entries

ride up on a tractor lean all up in my bladder hah!

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

There’s only a few things that I won’t tolerate
    1)Being run afoul.
    2)Having my good name sullied.
    3)Having my favorite type of auto ridiculed.
    4)being attacked with an expletive fueled tirade.

I await my apology and it better be heartfelt Dammit!!!

19. Thumbs Up To This Post by: cam

Blog Entries

My wisdom so far, pre-26th birthday:

If you can't make your own [normally naturally occurring body chemical], store bought is fine.

It's okay to cancel plans for your own health.

Don't be afraid to fail. Make sure you read the feedback if you get it. (Assignments, job interviews, etc.) It's okay if you need someone to sit with you while you work through it.

Growing apart from people and growing "out" of interests is normal. Be gracious about it (unless those people and things are toxic), and enjoy what you enjoy.

That pretzel thing is damn good advice. I once got called RUDE by a family friend because I was so awkward when offered a cup of coffee, which I wanted, but didn't feel like I should take. (At a coffee place, so it would have cost her a couple of quid, which while not insignificant, we're talking about a married, working, middle aged woman who was like an aunt to me.) I wish I'd been taught how to accept these things.
    "Because you watched House, we think you'll enjoy... Fuller House."

Party time... excellent...

Blog Entries

I would’ve just said “OK, thanks” if I wanted the coffee. Cut through the social bullshit that way.
    Favorite and least favorite by season
    1. Krusty Gets Busted There’s No Disgrace Like Home 2. Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3. Homer at the Bat Like Father, Like Clown 4. Brother From the Same Planet Krusty Gets Kancelled 5. Cape Feare Lady Bouvier’s Lover 6. Homer Badman Another Simpsons Clip Show 7. King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8. Homer’s Enemy El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer 9. Bart Carny The Trouble With Trillions 10. Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: “Kidney Trouble” 11. Guess Who’s Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12. HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13. Tales From the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14. The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15. I, Annoyed Grunt)-bot Bart-Mangled Banner 16. A Star is Torn On a Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister 17. My Fair Laddy Bonfire of the Manatees 18. The Haw-Hawed Couple You Kent Always Say What You Want 19. Funeral for a Fiend All About Lisa 20. Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21. The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22. Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23. The Falcon and the D’ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24. Hardly Kirk-ing Moonshine River 25. The War of Art What to Expect When Bart’s Expecting 26. Sky Police Let’s Go Fly a Coot 27. Halloween of Horror Lisa With an ‘S’ 28. There Will Be Buds Moho House 29. Springfield Splendor Throw Grampa From the Dane

22. Thumbs Up To This Post by: kes

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kes View Post
    My wisdom so far, pre-26th birthday:

If you can't make your own [normally naturally occurring body chemical], store bought is fine.

It's okay to cancel plans for your own health.

Don't be afraid to fail. Make sure you read the feedback if you get it. (Assignments, job interviews, etc.) It's okay if you need someone to sit with you while you work through it.

Growing apart from people and growing "out" of interests is normal. Be gracious about it (unless those people and things are toxic), and enjoy what you enjoy.

That pretzel thing is damn good advice. I once got called RUDE by a family friend because I was so awkward when offered a cup of coffee, which I wanted, but didn't feel like I should take. (At a coffee place, so it would have cost her a couple of quid, which while not insignificant, we're talking about a married, working, middle aged woman who was like an aunt to me.) I wish I'd been taught how to accept these things.
    This is some sage advice and thats what this thread & we as a people need.My thoughts on this are what follows:

Your health being a priority can’t be stressed enough in my younger days I’ve put other people ahead of myself and my own health to my detriment and what I’ve found in however many years I’ve been alive is that those people that expect you to put them first will rarely if ever do the same for you so screw’em!

Failure is your friend I’ve found the greatest knowledge I have gleaned in life is through my biggest failures furthermore those failures & the lessons learned from them have made the future successes all the more sweeter.

Growing in and out of interests is what life’s about every day I strive to grow as a person even if its a minuscule amount of growth its growth nonetheless.Harken back a few years I was a stalwart of the competitive salad dancing scene but that didn’t define me as a person I’m a vast man I’m a great man with many interests my CSD days were fun I won awards but after awhile it stopped being a challenge so I decided to call it quits I informed the CSD Board of Trustees and handed in my membership card & gun and to my shock what I quickly found was that the CSD was like the mob and you never can truly get out unless you change your name,move to some podunk town in the middle of nowhere and lay low for awhile.

On growing away from people during my days of schooling I had a group of peers who were fun to hang out with at the time but as graduation grew closer it got less fun then post graduation I came to the realization that these peers were losers they were lazy had no jobs or even the desire to get a job and they spent all day sitting on their posteriors getting drunk & high(in that order) so I decided to end the friendship and below is the convo in exact detail.

Me:I can’t can’t hang out with you people anymore.
    Them:What you think you better than us?
    Me:Yes I’ve felt that way to the second I met you and you should have used your instead you the way you phrased that was grammatically incorrect.Bye Bye!

They didn’t take this breakup well as expected and they tried to sully my good name as people who are in the wrong oft do but I put my head down and solider on and I’m all the better for it I have no idea where those people are now honestly I don’t care but I wish them well as long as I don’t have to see,hear or talk to them.

As for your coffee thing my advice was strictly about Pretzels so I don’t know if it will help you.
    Last edited by Lou Bega Jr.; 05-03-2019 at 08:41 PM.

24. Thumbs Up To This Post by: kes

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

Potatoes & Dirt Bikes are awesome if everyone had them the world would be a better place.If you disagree I’d love to hear it but please show your work.

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

Never hug a stranger it’s inappropriate.

27. Thumbs Up To This Post by: kes

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

If the chance ever arises and you get the opportunity to star in a feature film do it.

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

Never take more than 5 steps without breathing.
    Never touch a monkey you never know where its been.
    Algebra is pointless don’t waste your time learning it.

30. Thumbs Up To This Post by: cam, kes

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

Never trust a slightly narcoleptic cow.
    Don’t eat the spaghetti.Pasta is wrong.
    Lemonade is delightful on a hot summers day.
    Never stiff a dog unless you want to sneeze.
    Diversify your stock portfolio its a nice way to balance the risk & reward ratio.

Thread Information