Junior Camper The Capital City Goofball's Avatar

Why is Lisa the Simpson listed as the 3rd episode of season 9 on Disney+?

Is this a goof or is there a reasonable explanation for this? On Disney+, Lisa the Simpson is the 3rd episode of season 9 but according to The Simpsons Forever! episode guide, and google, it's supposed to be the 17th. What's up with that? Are there any other episodes out of order like this?

Im in this vent until we move Trab Pu Kcip's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Having not used D+ before, I don't know of any misordered episodes, apart from the obvious missing Stark Raving Dad.

My guess is that when Production Codes are took into consideration, LTS would actually be the 3rd of the holdovers, airing after NYvsHS and PATP, and before Lisa's Sax.

Otherwise, my next guess is that it's Disney+'s fault.
    SEASON 32 SO FAR:

Undercover Burns: 2.5/5, I, Carumbus: 3.5/5, Now Museum, Now You Don't: 1/5
    Treehouse Of Horror XXXI: 5/5 (Toy Gory: 5/5, Into The Homerverse: 2/5, Be Nine, Rewind: 6/5)
    The 7 Beer Itch: 0.5/5 - WORST OF SEASON
    Podcast News: 3/5, Three Dreams Denied: 1.5/5, The Road to Cincinnati: 3/5, Sorry Not Sorry: 2/5, A Springfield Summer Christmas for Christmas: 1.5/5
    The Dad Feelings Limited: 4/5
    Diary Queen: 2.5/5, Wad Goals: 2.5/5, Yokel Hero: 2.5/5, Do PizzaBots Dream of Electric Guitars?: ?/5, Manger Things: 1.5/5, Uncut Femmes: 4/5
    Burger Kings: 2.5/5, Panic in the Streets of Springfield: 3.5/5,
    The Man From G.R.A.M.P.A: 2/5, Mother and Child Reunion: 2.5/5,
    The Last Bar-Fighter: 5/5
    SEASON OVERALL: ???/5

Blog Entries

I noticed this recently myself. I can only imagine that someone somewhere decided that Lisa the Simpson, as one of the three season 8 holdovers, should be placed alongside the other two. I think it works better in that position anyway.
    SEASON 32 GRADES

Undercover Burns - 2.5/5 / I, Carumbus - 4/5 / Now Museum, Now You Don't - 1.5/5
    Treehouse of Horror XXXI - 3.5/5 / The 7 Beer Itch - 1/5 / Podcast News - 4/5
    Three Dreams Denied - 2/5 / The Road to Cincinnati - 4/5 / Sorry Not Sorry - 3.5/5
    A Springfield Summer Christmas for Christmas - 3/5 / The Dad-Feelings Limited - 4.5/5
    Diary Queen - 3/5 / Wad Goals - 4/5 / Yokel Hero - 2/5
    Do PizzaBots Dream of Electric Guitars? - 3/5 / Manger Things - 2/5 / Uncut Femmes - 4.5/5
    Burger Kings - 2.5/5 / Panic on the Streets of Springfield - 3/5 / Mother and Child Reunion - 2.5/5
    The Man from G.R.A.M.P.A. - 3.5/5 / The Last Barfighter - 5/5

Probably because it's 4F24, and the first two episodes of the season were 4F22 (The City of New York vs. Homer Simpson) and 4F23 (The Principal and the Pauper).

Check the list again - where are the following episodes listed:
    Lisa's Sax (3G02 - the actual third episode)
    The Cartridge Family (5F01, but it aired after THOH VIII, which was 5F02)
    All Singing, All Dancing (5F24, but aired 11th)
    The Joy of Sect (5F23, but aired 13th)

Also, in what season is Lard of the Dance listed?

It likely is, as everyone's said, due to the production order, still, it's weird if this is the only instance of this happening, as there are episodes in every season shown out of production order. For example, is 'The Mysterious Voyage of Homer' still the 9th episode of season 8, or is it 3rd on D+? And is 'HOMR' still the 9th episode of season 12, or is it 4th?

Junior Camper The Capital City Goofball's Avatar

On D+, Voyage of homer is still 9th episode of season 8. HOMR is 9th as well.

Blog Entries

I noticed Diggs and The Man Who Grew Too Much have been swapped on D+ too.
    Last edited by B-Boy; 02-13-2021 at 10:10 PM.

Do you want some brownies? Evil Homer's Avatar

Why is Mr. Lisa Goes To Washington listed as the 1st episode of season 3 on D+?

Im in this vent until we move Trab Pu Kcip's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Because they removed Stark Raving Dad and pushed the rest of the episodes backwards by one episode.

One reason might be that "Lisa the Simpson" was actually scheduled to air as the third episode of the season, but was pre-empted by baseball playoffs (or football). Oddly enough, I still remember this vividly. It wasn't rescheduled until March.
    Signature.

Blog Entries

I don't know why streaming services are so bad at this. On HBO Max batman starts with "the cat & the claw part 1" as episode 1 and part 2 is episode 8. They also have a 60s short in "season one" of looney tunes

While we're pointing out Disney+ oddities, whoever wrote the synopsis for most of the episodes needs to be paid more (if they lack incentive) or maybe less (if that's the best they can do). Most of them might as well be "The characters engage in antics".
    A little less Generic than before.

Thread Information