Thread: ‘The Simpsons’ to Stream Exclusively on Disney+

(Users Browsing this Thread: dave9199)

Junior Camper

‘The Simpsons’ to Stream Exclusively on Disney+

“The Simpsons” have found a new streaming home. Disney+ will be the exclusive SVOD home of the long-running animated sitcom, with all episodes from the show’s 30 seasons available on the service at launch in November.
    https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/the...us-1203187595/

Pretty much as expected, The Simpsons is front and centre a big part of Disney+. I also reckon Season 33 onwards will be a Disney+ Original series, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

all episodes? does that mean that the 'problematic' episode will be streamable?

Blog Entries

that's cool. I guess that's a rip to simpsons world

Blog Entries

also that clip is painfully unfunny. not even Disney can save the Simpsons!

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Frankbags View Post
    all episodes? does that mean that the 'problematic' episode will be streamable?
    think of it this way: "all episodes" means about as much to Stark Raving Dad as "the entire Disney filmography" means to Song of the South.

in that I doubt either are included in those two claims

likewise if they do have the old theatrical shorts I'd expect some cartoons like "Mickey's Mellerdrammer" to be omitted

Banned
    Blog Entries

70 bucks for a year and complete(well nearly) Simpsons and Malcolm in the Middle in addition to Disney stuff though is super enticing

Temporary Talking Head Suomynona's Avatar

So...does that mean "Homer vs. Dignity" will be on Disney Plus? Because putting a official Disney label on that episode is going to be so mind-twistingly weird.

Then again, that's this whole Disney purchase in a nutshell.

don't quite cover all CousinMerl's Avatar

It was quite obvious that this would happen but good news, I guess.

I think the best thing to come out of this is will be that that the (infamous) Simpsons World app will probably get put down; since Disney+ will be an worldwide streaming service this would mean no more of that criticized region restriction that plague said app which means the show will be readily available (with or without those controversial episodes).

planning a worldwide rollout by 2021
    Last edited by 2NEDOH; 04-12-2019 at 04:14 AM. Reason: correctopn

Have Brain, Will Travel Wile E. the Brain's Avatar

I'm still a little amazed that Disney owns The Simpsons now, especially taking into account all that moments that poked fun on Disney throughout the show. It will be funny to see those scenes uncut (hopefully) on Disney+.

I also wonder if the infamous episode (which is easy to guess) will be available.

Blog Entries

Count me in with the group of people who want to see Who Shot Grampa’s Hat? to be available.
    Favorite and least favorite by season
    1. Krusty Gets Busted There’s No Disgrace Like Home 2. Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3. Homer at the Bat Like Father, Like Clown 4. Brother From the Same Planet Krusty Gets Kancelled 5. Cape Feare Lady Bouvier’s Lover 6. Homer Badman Another Simpsons Clip Show 7. King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8. Homer’s Enemy El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer 9. Bart Carny The Trouble With Trillions 10. Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: “Kidney Trouble” 11. Guess Who’s Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12. HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13. Tales From the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14. The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15. I, Annoyed Grunt)-bot Bart-Mangled Banner 16. A Star is Torn On a Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister 17. My Fair Laddy Bonfire of the Manatees 18. The Haw-Hawed Couple You Kent Always Say What You Want 19. Funeral for a Fiend All About Lisa 20. Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21. The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22. Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23. The Falcon and the D’ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24. Hardly Kirk-ing Moonshine River 25. The War of Art What to Expect When Bart’s Expecting 26. Sky Police Let’s Go Fly a Coot 27. Halloween of Horror Lisa With an ‘S’ 28. There Will Be Buds Moho House 29. Springfield Splendor Throw Grampa From the Dane

I'm certain that will be an Disney Original streaming exclusive, @Financial Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by hanna hilton View Post
    70 bucks for a year and complete(well nearly) Simpsons and Malcolm in the Middle in addition to Disney stuff though is super enticing
    $70 for a year? I could most likely afford that! It only costs a little more than Boomerang's streaming annual subscription ($40 a year), but why not? But I'll subscribe not just for the Simpsons, as I'm still a big Disney fan, just not much of a fan of the corporate buyouts (why else do you think I often rant about the 20th Century Fox buyout in my Big Bad Wolf fursuit on my YouTube channel?)

Blog Entries

Hulu would be a better fit tonally (keep it with Bob's Burgers, King of the Hill, and Futurama) but I'm happy it'll be on an actual, affordable streaming service (currently I would have to upgrade my cable package to whichever "tier" includes FXX for like an additional $50 to access Simpsons World). Hoping for 4:3 ratio, special features, and no cuts

Non-Simpsons scare me. Road Rage's Avatar

Well. That's interesting. Might this impact the DVD pressings in any way?

Stonecutter

The House of Mouse is indeed a big house.
    "I shouldn't have eaten that packet of powdered gravy I found in the parking lot..."

I'm baaaack! Patches O'houlihan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Road Rage View Post
    Well. That's interesting. Might this impact the DVD pressings in any way?
    I'm betting the DVDs are now totally done.
    Well, ya'know if you stay positive and forget about trivial things like "proper characterization," "Satire," and "emotional depth" watching new Simpsons episodes can be a seemingly enjoyable lie.

I tried watching a new episode the Simpsons, but I realized the show hit a new low, like a brand new, underground parking structure of sadness.

Non-Simpsons scare me. Road Rage's Avatar

I wouldn't be too sure that the DVD releases are completely over with. I can see Disney wanting to really cash in on now owning what is possibly the biggest and most popular animated series of all time.

No, this won't affect the DVD releases including Season 19. However, Fox really screwed up when they decided to stop new season releases on DVD and Blu-Ray in 2015. We would have had more seasons on DVD and Blu-Ray by now. Season 18 wasn't released until 2017.

The question I have is: Will Simpsons World be discontinued in November? Hopefully, it will not be the case because Disney did not mention anything about Simpsons World being discontinued in November.

Chatting Simpsons Since '93 Brad Lascelle's Avatar

Seeing how they made a big deal about being the exclusive streaming home of The Simpsons once Disney+ launches, Simpsons World being shut down concurrently seems to be kind of a heavily implied thing even if it has yet to be explicitly stated.

I mean, it wouldn't exactly be "exclusive" if the show could be streamed by anyone with a paid cable subscription off a different site now, would it?
    SEASON 30 RANKINGS
    Bart's Not Dead - 2.5/5 / Heartbreak Hotel - 1.5/5 / My Way or the Highway to Heaven - 3/5
    THOH XXIX = Intrusion of the Pod-Y Switchers - 1.5/5 / Multiplisaty - 2.5/5 / Geriatric Park - 2/5
    Baby You Can't Drive My Car - 2/5 / From Russia Without Love - 3.5/5 / Werking Mom - 3/5
    Krusty the Clown - 4/5 / Daddicus Finch - 5/5 / 'Tis the 30th Season - 2/5 / Mad About the Toy - 1.5/5
    The Girl on the Bus - 2/5 / I'm Dancing as Fat as I Can - 4.5/5 / The Clown Stays in the Picture - 1.5/5
    101 Mitigations - 3/5 / I Want You (She's So Heavy) - 1/5 / E My Sports - 3.5/5
    Bart vs. Itchy & Scratchy - 4.5/5 / Girl's in the Band - 4/5 / I'm Just a Girl Who Can't Say D'oh - 1/5
    D'oh Canada - 2.5/5 / Woo-hoo Dunnit? - 3.5/5 / Crystal Blue-Haired Persuasion - 1.5/5

23. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Road Rage

The reason why I said Simpsons World might not be discontinued in November is because that is now the official website of The Simpsons. It's been that way since 2014. If Simpsons World gets discontinued, Fox would have to change the website and put it like the way it was before 2014.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickButler21 View Post
    The reason why I said Simpsons World might not be discontinued in November is because that is now the official website of The Simpsons. It's been that way since 2014. If Simpsons World gets discontinued, Fox would have to change the website and put it like the way it was before 2014.
    with flash animated donut grab loading page? Yes please!
    Quote Originally Posted by simpsonsbart View Post
    About milk, remember that this word has several meanings...

vs. Radioactive Man Captain Squid's Avatar

I believe the Season 19 DVD was a "wait to see season 18's sales numbers thing", but then the Disney deal halted everything until they sorted out how FOX Home Entertainment would be run post-merger. From what a heard a lot of people in roles at FOX that also existed at Disney got the axe, and it would not surprise me that Walt Disney Home Entertainment is taking on a lot of FOX's library.

Disney has been hit or miss with their content on home video. Stuff like Disney Afternoon shows and The Muppet Show have gone unfinished in their home releases. However, I don't think they are afraid of releasing things both physically and digitally. A lot of contemporary shows on streaming services have seen home releases, and Disney seems willing to work with companies like SHOUT! to release some of their stuff, like Gravity Falls.

Basically, if Disney thinks they can make money off of Simpsons DVDs, they will release them. However, I could see them dropping the animated menus and some of the bonus features to lower costs. I think they know that fans will buy the DVDs and maintain a Disney+ account to have mobile access and access to other shows.
    UP AND ATOM!

27. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Road Rage

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Squid View Post
    I believe the Season 19 DVD was a "wait to see season 18's sales numbers thing", but then the Disney deal halted everything until they sorted out how FOX Home Entertainment would be run post-merger. From what a heard a lot of people in roles at FOX that also existed at Disney got the axe, and it would not surprise me that Walt Disney Home Entertainment is taking on a lot of FOX's library.

Disney has been hit or miss with their content on home video. Stuff like Disney Afternoon shows and The Muppet Show have gone unfinished in their home releases. However, I don't think they are afraid of releasing things both physically and digitally. A lot of contemporary shows on streaming services have seen home releases, and Disney seems willing to work with companies like SHOUT! to release some of their stuff, like Gravity Falls.

Basically, if Disney thinks they can make money off of Simpsons DVDs, they will release them. However, I could see them dropping the animated menus and some of the bonus features to lower costs. I think they know that fans will buy the DVDs and maintain a Disney+ account to have mobile access and access to other shows.
    I do remember Fox cutting bonus features with the King of the Hill sets after season two, which was one of the reasons why I stopped buying those sets after season three. I don't think that will happen with later Simpsons DVD releases.

I also don't think Fox Home Entertainment will be changing after Disney bought the company. Season 19 could be released in December of this year. I just wish that the seasons sets would have made it to Season 29 by now. It's going to take more then a decade for the entire series to get a DVD and Blu-Ray release, that will depend on how long the series is going to last.

vs. Radioactive Man Captain Squid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickButler21 View Post
    I do remember Fox cutting bonus features with the King of the Hill sets after season two, which was one of the reasons why I stopped buying those sets after season three. I don't think that will happen with later Simpsons DVD releases.

I also don't think Fox Home Entertainment will be changing after Disney bought the company. Season 19 could be released in December of this year. I just wish that the seasons sets would have made it to Season 29 by now. It's going to take more then a decade for the entire series to get a DVD and Blu-Ray release, that will depend on how long the series is going to last.
    According to The Hollywood Reporter: https://variety.com/2019/film/news/l...al-1203169337/

Acquisitions are usually accompanied by layoffs, though the Disney-Fox merger was always expected to be a bit more brutal than others given the amount of overlap in various job functions, especially at the film studio's marketing, distribution and home entertainment units.
    Fox Home Entertainment is likely heavily impacted by the merger, resulting in a delay and reassessment of releases.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Squid View Post
    According to The Hollywood Reporter: https://variety.com/2019/film/news/l...al-1203169337/

Fox Home Entertainment is likely heavily impacted by the merger, resulting in a delay and reassessment of releases.
    It's going to be. However, things will get situated and The Simpsons DVD's will continue to be released. Season 19 is still being worked on and I believe will be finished this year for release in December.

Thread Information