Thread: About Gustavo Dudamel's cameo in The Simpsons

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

About Gustavo Dudamel's cameo in The Simpsons

Hi everyone!. Venezuelan-Spanish orchestra director, composer and musician Gustavo Dudamel make a cameo on The Simpsons, in the episode "Girl's in the Band", in a Dewey Largo's dream (which ends up being a nightmare) in a 1999 graduation:

This could be considered as another reference to Venezuela in The Simpsons, because Gustavo Dudamel is the second venezuelan to appear in the show after Omar Vizquel, which card appears in the episode "Bart's Friend Falls in Love".

Coincidencially, 1999 in real life was the year when Hugo Chávez (1954-2013) becomes president of Venezuela for the first time.

Chavez never appeared in The Simpsons however, his surname appears in one of Homer's tatoos from the episode "My Fair Laddy".

But it's only a coincidence because actually it's a reference to an American fourth circuit judge that was called Chavez too.

I think that Gustavo Dudamel's cameo is because The Simpsons' producers, screenwriters, voice actors, etc.. also know about the chaotic situation of Venezuela. "Girl's in the Band" is the first Simpsons' episode written by Bart Simpson's voice actress Nancy Cartwright. Imagine the Angel Falls in an episode of The Simpsons. That's would be awesome!.

This thread is not for a offense to the Venezuelans and greetings to NoHomers' Venezuelan users and I hope that Venezuela's political, social and economic crisis be resolved soon. Greetings!. =D
    Last edited by AnthonyNoHomers70100; 04-07-2019 at 11:33 AM. Reason: Fix post. Sorry for the mistakes

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hanna hilton View Post
    I fix the thread don't worry!.

4. Thumbs Up To This Post by: cam

Quote Originally Posted by hanna hilton View Post
    I fix the thread don't worry!.

6. Thumbs Up To This Post by: cam

Blog Entries

have you fixed the thread yet
    Quote Originally Posted by simpsonsbart View Post
    About milk, remember that this word has several meanings...

Thread Information